Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Mel Gibson's Troubles
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mel Gibson's Troubles  (Read 9863 times)
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 09:28:22 PM »

oh well...if he makes another braveheart ill forgive him...but really...if they released tapes of my arrests id be much worse off
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 09:53:06 PM »

My aunt told me he had already been in rehab once in the 90's.  Undecided

He's gonna be blacklisted in Hollywood for his comments...

One time is pretty good for a substance abuse, it can be a revolving door for some people.

He won't get blacklisted, he'll be just fine. Money is the name of the game in Hollywood. Studios are not going to turn away this guy (and the money his name brings in) to make a point. They only answer to one god: money.

They also said the same thing about Robert Downey Jr, and he was working while in jail/rehab.

Mom
Headliner

Well ya know something Gene...

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 10:55:25 PM »

A friend of mine who's Jewish was buying me beers at a bar today. I told him if I got pulled over I'd just say "Fucking Jews, the Jews are responsible for all the beers I drank today." I wonder if the officer would have appreciated the humor in that case...

11/10/06!
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 11:01:09 PM »

Mel Gibson's apology is pathetic. ?His ranting is the sign of a person who is really out of touch. ?The jews start all the wars? ?So I guess that includes WWII? ?Dumb fuck. ?Its funny how this incident just goes to show that the anti-semetic overtones to the Passion were indeed there and not just something conjured up by the "jewish left wing media". ?I don't give a fuck how drunk you are. ?If you say shit like that when you're drunk, then you think it and probably talk that way in private too when you're not sober. ?It dissapoints me because I love the Lethal Weapon movies and Braveheart.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 12:57:23 AM »

I saw The Passion Of Christ. Thought it was anti-Semitic and bigot.
This story provides confirmation.

I'll download it !
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 01:48:22 AM »

Hardly.........
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 02:01:46 AM »

I also saw that snuff film about Jesus.  I didn't find it to be anti-Semitic as much as it was just grossly overdone.

That being said, Gibson's anti-Semitism wouldn't surprise me at all if the remarks about his father are true.  I know a lot of people were decrying the potential anti-Semitism in the movie.  I for one didn't sense it as being there on a heavy basis (I believe the Romans are more responsible than the Jews for the crucifixion, a point that has repeatedly been debated in history, but saw the movie as depicting it as closer to 50/50, perhaps leaning toward the Jews a bit).

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2006, 07:08:22 AM »

Hardly.........
If you're blind, want to live in denial or act as if anti-Semitism doesn't exist anymore, it's your problem, not mine.

I'll download it !
Megaguns
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2006, 08:15:19 AM »

They did a skit of him getting dui on a tv show.
He gets out of the car dressed as braveheart and screams, YOU CAN TAKE MY LICENSE BUT YOU WILL NEVER TAKE MY TECQUILA!!!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2006, 12:06:19 PM »

Hardly.........
If you're blind, want to live in denial or act as if anti-Semitism doesn't exist anymore, it's your problem, not mine.

Zzzzzz...................
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2006, 12:26:28 PM »

if true, the comments are pathetic

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Mom
Headliner

Well ya know something Gene...

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2006, 02:30:11 PM »

I'm not a Christian, but even if you are and you think "The Jews Killed Christ" I don't see why you would hate Jews over it. I mean Jesus (the guy your worshipping) was a Jew, so it was Jew on Jew violence.

It's like saying "I hate the blacks." "Why?" "Because they killed Tupac, man he was the best." True but it misses the bigger picture...

11/10/06!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »

Nobody here has done anything outrageous while drunk?

I have heard it all, and seen it all. Do you really want me to believe that what a person does when they are drunk is just the truth coming out? Drunks calling their wives sluts, and pissing themselves while driving down the street is a true reflection of their spouses and where they prefer to use the restroom?

Yea right.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2006, 03:01:23 PM »

Nobody here has done anything outrageous while drunk?

I have heard it all, and seen it all. Do you really want me to believe that what a person does when they are drunk is just the truth coming out? Drunks calling their wives sluts, and pissing themselves while driving down the street is a true reflection of their spouses and where they prefer to use the restroom?

Yea right.

Fair point, but in the Lethal Weapon's case, the drunk comments revealed what everyone suspected of him to begin with.  In contrast, if he had inexplicably ripped into Greeks, we'd be more likely to write it off to drunken ramblings.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2006, 04:54:59 PM »

I hate that people care so much about this.....first the DUI....whoopie...DUI is a pretty damn common thing, give it a rest already....next, the jew thing....who gives a shit if he really does or does not hate jews. I could give a shit less if someone is the most racist person in the world, I could also give a shit less if some racist hated me more than anything in the world

btw....the leathal weapon movies rocked

Axl is God.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2006, 05:43:41 PM »

The guy apologized people. Move on! This world is so full of people who want to complain and complain and complain to the extreme because they were called something that hurt their feelings. These people need to grow up and not whine and moan and cry if someone calls them a name. rant rant rant

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2006, 05:54:09 PM »

I agree Drew.

But the Jewish people have been through a lot. It bothers me when they're attacked on any level.

With all things considered, Mel Gibson is an actor, not a world leader. His words don't determine anything in that regard. Plus he was drunk. I've been around drunk people my whole life -- they say and do stupid things and later regret them.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2006, 06:43:08 PM »

People are up his ass to no end, he's just a drunk fucking actor who spoke his mind.. I don't care if he likes jews or not, everyone is like way into this shit, jews want apologies, they want him to meet with jewish leaders.. WHY?? He's just a fucking actor who gives a fuck.. he doesn't like jews, boo hoo, who gives a fuck... We get so involved into their lives...
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2006, 07:01:37 PM »

People are up his ass to no end, he's just a drunk fucking actor who spoke his mind.. I don't care if he likes jews or not, everyone is like way into this shit, jews want apologies, they want him to meet with jewish leaders.. WHY?? He's just a fucking actor who gives a fuck.. he doesn't like jews, boo hoo, who gives a fuck... We get so involved into their lives...

Any famous or even semi-famous person that gets caught spewing any type of bigotry is going to make the headlines.  What makes this more newsworthy is that it comes relatively soon after the contraversy of the Passion.  Plus he's got Disney's Apocolypto coming out soon.  They must be thrilled about this.  The ironic part is that Walt Disney himself was a bigot! 

I agree that we shouldn't care what an actor thinks, its not as if he has any real power.  But the incident makes the anti-semetic view of the Passion that much more credible, and that movie has been seen by hundreds of millions. 

At the end of the day, I don't think he needs to apologize to anyone.  Won't make a difference at this point because its obvious that he's just trying to save face.  But it does bother me, as a jew, that someone I once admired is an anti-semite.  We're not the most well liked people in the world, so jews tend to be a bit sensative when it comes to this.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2006, 07:58:10 PM »

The guy apologized people. Move on! This world is so full of people who want to complain and complain and complain to the extreme because they were called something that hurt their feelings. These people need to grow up and not whine and moan and cry if someone calls them a name. rant rant rant

Drew, that's the weird part about this from what I understand.  He didn't just use a derogatory name.  Let's say for instance, the arresting officer was black and he used the word ni&ger, or she was a lesbian and he said d!ke, or a Hispanic and he said sp!c, or a Jewish person and he said k!ke.  All are terrible...but if drunk I could see someone using them due to the alcohol's effects on inhibitions.

From what I understand though, he went on some rant about Jews starting wars?!?!?  I'm sure there's going to be some other ridiculous crap when this really hits the fan.  I have probably been in the .2 to .3 blood alcohol level in my life many times (most in my college days or at weddings) and I've never said shit this crazy.  I'm sorry, an alcoholic at .12 doesn't say anything different than an alcoholic does without a drink. 

Mel's apple didn't fall far from his father's tree, which believed the Holocaust didn't happen.   Sad

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: