Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:35:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2006 European Guns N' Roses Tour (The retrospective thread)!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2006 European Guns N' Roses Tour (The retrospective thread)!  (Read 12506 times)
Z
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2006, 12:18:16 AM »

Great tour.? More highs then lows.? Nobody in the GNR crew would have wanted to script the ending this way, but they can hold their heads high.

I see it as a case of Axl wanting to do too much for the fans.? I'm not suprised he burnt himself out with the longest concert of the tour and then finishing the night with a 1.5 hour acoustic set.? He probably stayed up another few hours hanging out before crashing.

Very professional of the band to finish strong with Baz on vocals.

The tour is what this band needed to progress further.? I'll bet the album will get a November release date by September.?

Highs:
There were no cancellations.?
Axl's voice was incredible.?
Great guest appearances (Izzy & Baz).
Robin proved he can handle the responsibility of being the lead guitarist in GNR.
Richard and Tommy form a solid centerpiece, the heart of the band if you will.
Ron proved to be a worthy addition to the band.
Dizzy upped his game and can now be considered one of the top piano players in rock.
Brain/Frank more than lived up to expectations.
Chris, what the fuck does he do??? Kidding!!!!!? He does more than fans will ever know.?

We may all look back in a year from now and reflect upon this tour seeing it as the jump start they needed to inject Guns N' Roses into the 21st century.

And the lows?!?!?..........
Fuck it I'll let somebody else name them.? I don't care to look back at this tour with any negativety.

Thank you Guns N' Roses!!!!!!!!!!

BRING ON SOME CHINESE DEMOCRACY.? Fuck 13 tracks.............give us like 15 at least? ? beer? ?drool

ONE LAST THING:
Axl proved that he does indeed care about his fans.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2006, 12:31:44 AM »

I agree. The glass is definitely half full hear.  They did 39 shows including the NYC shows.  Thats awesome, the sour memories of 2002 are gone, bring it back to the US drop CD and get it going.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2006, 12:59:49 AM »

The tour was an overwhelming success, Axl Rose has regained any credibility he may have lost from the 2002 tour cancellation in regards to being a risk for promoters. He also has proved that his voice is back on key and just as good as ever. Who cares that he got sick and couldn't finish a couple songs at the end here. 39 shows in total, with no cancellations, I'll take that anyday!!!

Let the train roll on to the U.S......... it's still picking up steam in my opinion.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2006, 01:22:53 AM »

The low of this tour was Ron Thal and the high of this tour was Axl's voice. Axl still starts shows extremely late, and he still has a short fuse. The late start times are going to get him in trouble in the US and Canada. I'm pulling for Axl, but he could easily fuck this whole thing up by causing a riot. I can just see him starting a show late, and then have some technical problems, causing him to walk off stage, and thus triggering a riot. Axl may smile a bit more and rant a little less, but he still has the same short fuse that could cause him to self destruct at any time. That's always been the appeal of GnR, that it could explode at any time. Hopefully Axl keeps the pin in the grenade until Chinese Democracy comes out.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 01:41:49 AM by Mattattack » Logged
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2006, 02:08:29 AM »

I'll never understand the hate for Bumble/Ron - the guy is a great guitar player and fits in with this band more than Buckethead ever would/could.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2006, 02:08:53 AM »

I'll never understand the hate for Bumble/Ron - the guy is a great guitar player and fits in with this band more than Buckethead ever would/could.

Agreed
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2006, 02:12:38 AM »

thanks Axl for making it to the end! (almost lol) but it was a big successful tour nonetheless peace
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 02:27:58 PM by dodger girl » Logged

supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2006, 02:16:19 AM »

The low of this tour was Ron Thal and the high of this tour was Axl's voice. Axl still starts shows extremely late, and he still has a short fuse. The late start times are going to get him in trouble in the US and Canada. I'm pulling for Axl, but he could easily fuck this whole thing up by causing a riot. I can just see him starting a show late, and then have some technical problems, causing him to walk off stage, and thus triggering a riot. Axl may smile a bit more and rant a little less, but he still has the same short fuse that could cause him to self destruct at any time. That's always been the appeal of GnR, that it could explode at any time. Hopefully Axl keeps the pin in the grenade until Chinese Democracy comes out.
all you do in your posts is whine about ron and saying you want bucket back. you should put that in your signature, ohh... but then you would not have anything to post nervous and i bet the number of shows you've attended live on this tour is zero ok

the show has been amazing. it's great that they pulled it off. i can't believe how far away it seemed in february and now it's a wrap. they did not cancel any shows. the ones with the rolling stones got replaced immediatly with new ones. we got to hear new songs at the shows. i think it's been great.

dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2006, 02:28:48 AM »

Congratulations on a successful tour!!!!! peace

THANK YOU for all the great moments, kick ass music and soul put in every song at every gig

THANKS for making all this happen and giving us your fans a great year to remember!!!!!!

Axl, Izzy, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Ron, Dizzy, Chris, Brain, Frank and Bas thanks from the bottom of my heart, it's been an awesome couple of months, so exciting!!!!!!!! and first and foremost, thanks for the music, and for giving it all playing the songs we love!!!

special thanks to Axl who I will forever support and proved once more he is a fucking ROCK GOD

Izzy who made this tour something special and emotive, and for giving us all the possibility to see him and Axl finally on stage together after a long long time.. that was something to remember, THANK YOU IZZY!!!!

and to Robin Finck, for being so passionate and genuine, and making me love this GN'R even more than I already do love

rock on!! ok

and for a great round 2!!! (second half of the year) hopefully it will bring even better things and surprises for us all!!!!!!!! (and CD finally!)

oh and by the way... THIS IS GUNS N' ROSES!! fuck the haters!!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 02:35:30 AM by dodger girl » Logged

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2006, 02:36:59 AM »

yea,that was a great tour,i have never forget budapest show

congratulations guys and i can't wait to hear new album

New gnr are great band
DemocracyRose
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2006, 03:40:12 AM »

Great tour and so much more than ive expected... drool

GNR did all the shows and that is most important thing in my opinion. Now people cant say that they probably cancel and stuff like that...

Axl proves he is back with a fantastic voice and the band feel like they are (almost) a real band. The only thing they need are to release the album... ok
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2006, 03:57:52 AM »

Hopefully the end of this tour means the beginning of finishing up CD for a fall release!

Exciting times!

Thanks for an excellent tour!
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2006, 04:20:14 AM »

This was a great tour as far as I can tell! I loved the Nijmegen gig and feel privileged I got to see this awesome band perform.  Cheesy

Guns N' Roses  love

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2006, 04:54:55 AM »

Congratulations on a successful tour!!!!! peace

THANK YOU for all the great moments, kick ass music and soul put in every song at every gig

THANKS for making all this happen and giving us your fans a great year to remember!!!!!!

Axl, Izzy, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Ron, Dizzy, Chris, Brain, Frank and Bas thanks from the bottom of my heart, it's been an awesome couple of months, so exciting!!!!!!!! and first and foremost, thanks for the music, and for giving it all playing the songs we love!!!

special thanks to Axl who I will forever support and proved once more he is a fucking ROCK GOD

Izzy who made this tour something special and emotive, and for giving us all the possibility to see him and Axl finally on stage together after a long long time.. that was something to remember, THANK YOU IZZY!!!!

and to Robin Finck, for being so passionate and genuine, and making me love this GN'R even more than I already do love

rock on!! ok

and for a great round 2!!! (second half of the year) hopefully it will bring even better things and surprises for us all!!!!!!!! (and CD finally!)

oh and by the way... THIS IS GUNS N' ROSES!! fuck the haters!!

this expresses my sentiments perfectly.  well done  ok

and awesome thread Indianna.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2006, 04:55:26 AM »

how many of you were original fans in the mid eighties , i know i was one , and to see not a single original member on stage tonight to finish the show is absoloutly depressing at best.

i'm sure izzy was an original member  Wink

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2006, 05:00:48 AM »

Again, they could  have just not finished nightrain or played paradise city. It was a nice thing for Baz to do, to make a gesture to the fans. If Axl had wanted to leave, the whole band would have left too and you know it. He wasn't feeling right, whether it  was a serious condition or the result of too much partying I can't say. But they made sure a guns show ended with paradise city, and  given the circumstances it was a cool thing to do.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2006, 05:16:02 AM »

Hmm.

How many late arrivals? How many shows cut short? How many tantrums and storm offs? And of course, last song of the tour, Axl wasn't there. Maybe he shouldn't have played a tiny club show to 100 people at 3am and respected the fact he had a gig later on in front of 12,000 people. Oh well. Overall, a success, but no, no CD, same old setlists, same old tantrums, walkouts, booing and late arrivals.

When they do turn up on stage - they're brilliant. But when is another matter.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2006, 05:33:56 AM »

I would give the tour a 9/10.

It gave me a chance to hear some of my fav tunes, see Axl (one of my fav frontmans), complete seeing the 'classic' GN'R line-up, and also the new fantastic tunes. Cheers!
I think there is so much potential in the band, a lot of ppl were surprised that the new guys can actually play, and the future looks bright. Maybe 2007 will be GN'Rs year (if 2006 wasnt!)

Only disappointing notes were:

Too many solos, no Rocket Queen/TWAT/IRS at either of my shows (me being petty really)

But so many great points:

Intro/WTTJ - Amazing, utterly
Better/Blues/Maddy - Great to hear live
Nightrain- As someone said earlier, a show-stealer, closely followed by WTTJ, YCBM, SCOM
Seeing Izzy, great!

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2006, 07:01:53 AM »

Lows:

The solos

Oh gawd they were awful

Christina Aguilera tracks?

Dont cry in instrumental form?

Whatever Bumblefoot was doing....

Dizzy's endless piano solo

I just want GNR songs - is that really so much to ask at a GNR show? Is that being unreasonable?

Slash did an awesome godfather solo, Buckethead did a nice Star Wars solo - why cant the new band do somethining like that?

Mindless shred solo's - dont we love GNR and Slash because they weren't that kind of 80's metal?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2006, 07:31:45 AM »

Lows:

Mindless shred solo's - dont we love GNR and Slash because they weren't that kind of 80's metal?

With all due respect boss, it isnt the 80's anymore, GNR have moved on and Slash is no longer in GNR. Times have changed, yes im not a massive fan of the solo's! Rons being the only exception because of the rolling around!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: