Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:09:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Izzy Stradlin the backbone of GNR
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy Stradlin the backbone of GNR  (Read 5121 times)
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« on: July 30, 2006, 09:08:12 PM »

I thinking if ever there was to be an old GNR reunion it would be Izzy that could pull them together. After he left GNR things seemed to fall apart. I feel he was the keystone of the band in terms of keeping the guys together. Without him the others couldn't deal with Axl and Axl couldn't deal with the others. Izzy now seems to be caught in between the riff between his old buddy Axl and his old bandmates that are now in Velvet Revolver. He's made the effort to stay friends with all of them, he's played with Velvet Revolver and with the new Guns n Roses line-up. Seeing him perform with both bands just seems to bring a feeling of magic back to the stage. Thanks Izzy for doing what you do, hope someday to see the original line-up of GNR perfrom at least one song, together whether it be a charity gig or whatever. These guys looked fuckin' amazing as a band and sounded raw! I'm enjoying both bands at the moment but I wanna see Slash leaning back to back with Axl on stage again with Izzy, Duff and (God willing) Steven Adler. Sorry Matt, maybe you could take it in turns.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 09:43:15 PM »

I agree with you. in almost everything. In my opinion the change in the direction of the band is due to the fact that izzy wasn`t in the band in 94 what led to Slash being the main guitar oriented stuff composer. I love Slash as lead guitar player but i gotta admit that as a writer he ain`t the best one and his snakepit material even being hard rock wasn?t good enough for GnR. If Izzy was there i believe they would have done another kick ass Rock n Roll record. But i believe that only after the new gnr era ( that i hope that last enough time for this band to release their albuns  Smiley ) ther will be a reunion ( because Axl will never give up this band to reunite with old band which would be very unfair ) and the key element in the reunion will be Izzy.

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 09:44:47 PM »

fuck a reunion.  Izzy is collaborating with THIS BAND.   
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 10:35:28 PM »

fuck a reunion

never say fuck a reunion  rant
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 10:40:24 PM »

Izzy was always the backbone of GN'R with his songwriting ability, for me at least.  Axl, for me, has always been the heart and soul.

Ali
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 10:53:01 PM »

fuck a reunion

never say fuck a reunion  rant

fuck a reunion
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 10:55:46 PM »

fuck a reunion.  Izzy is collaborating with THIS BAND.   

I assure you that the old line up would have had about 3 or 4 discs in this whole time, how many has the new line up???

0 right....

i thought so....

i guess you know what i mean, so i toltally support the thread  Posted by: gcluskey

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 10:56:25 PM »

fuck a reunion.? Izzy is collaborating with THIS BAND.? ?

Izzy is collaorating with Axl, not "THIS BAND". I doubt he knows the rest of the player's names.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 10:57:23 PM »

I'm sure a reunion is a long way off, if ever. ?However, I do wonder what all Izzy and Axl have talked about. ?They've been hanging out for a couple of months. ?Somewhere and sometime, they have had to talk about the old band. ?I'd bet Slash has been the topic of a conversation or two!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 10:58:55 PM »

I'm pretty much with you on that. ?I'm excited by this line up, and the music they've created. ?Izzy not only adds amazing talent to the mix, but his presence also says alot about where Axl is today and their friendship and history together. ?Not to mention giving a bit of (unnecessary) legitmacy to the current Guns 'n Roses lineup. ?I want to hear the CD songs, the songs created by Axl and *this* band. ?A reunion, if it ever happens, can wait.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 07:44:44 AM »

Izzy and Slash are to me the best guitar duo.. People wanna slag on Slash's solo stuff but Izzy's doesn't blow people out of the water either.  (I still like most of both their work).  On that note I think most of what Axl's has put out sucks.

Bottom line is that together Axl/Izzy/Slash bring out the best in eachother and can write truly classic music. If Izzy could make something happen that would be great.. Because the world needs atleast one more record from what could have been one of the greatest bands of all time..

elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 07:49:58 AM »

Izzy is collaorating with Axl, not "THIS BAND". I doubt he knows the rest of the player's names.
Right, so the fact that he's clearly very chummy with Fortus (there are pictures!) means nothing. Twat.

SG
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 07:59:15 AM »

I thinking if ever there was to be an old GNR reunion it would be Izzy that could pull them together. After he left GNR things seemed to fall apart. I feel he was the keystone of the band in terms of keeping the guys together. Without him the others couldn't deal with Axl and Axl couldn't deal with the others. Izzy now seems to be caught in between the riff between his old buddy Axl and his old bandmates that are now in Velvet Revolver. He's made the effort to stay friends with all of them, he's played with Velvet Revolver and with the new Guns n Roses line-up. Seeing him perform with both bands just seems to bring a feeling of magic back to the stage. Thanks Izzy for doing what you do, hope someday to see the original line-up of GNR perfrom at least one song, together whether it be a charity gig or whatever. These guys looked fuckin' amazing as a band and sounded raw! I'm enjoying both bands at the moment but I wanna see Slash leaning back to back with Axl on stage again with Izzy, Duff and (God willing) Steven Adler. Sorry Matt, maybe you could take it in turns.

Oh please shut up! These threads are so tiresome now! Treat the new band with the respect they deserve and stop harping on about a bloody reunion! If Izzy can play with the new band and really enjoy it and respect them, then so should you! Mike

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 01:58:33 PM »

Right, so the fact that he's clearly very chummy with Fortus (there are pictures!) means nothing. Twat.

SG

Yep, that's right. Just because there are pictures of him with Fortus doesn't mean he likes him. Nixon hated commies and he had a picture of him with Mao Zedong.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 02:20:32 PM »

Izzy has been playing with the new GN'R for Axl, not the rest of the band. But I'm sure he's friendly with the rest, he seems to have had a lot of fun with Richard, they seem to get along well. Maybe cause he's much into the Stones too, at least that's what I think.

But yeah he's there for Axl in the first place... and I hate it how some people say "Izzy is cool with this he has given his permission or approval for the new band or has picked Axl's side etc." it's very simple Izzy is playing these GN'R gigs purely for Axl, since he's his friend and they like to play music together. Same with the VR and AA gigs he was there for Slash/Duff and Steven not for Scott, Dave, Jizzy or anyone else. And he hasn't 'picked sides' or 'approved' anything, he just wants to play with his friends and former band members.
T_Roxie
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 04:19:21 PM »

Seeing him as the only original member on a couple songs was quite cool!   ok
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 06:46:53 PM »

Seeing him as the only original member on a couple songs was quite cool!? ?ok

That is just true!!

and again.... I assure you that the old line up would have had about 3 or 4 discs in this whole time, how many has the new line up???

0 right....

i thought so....

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
G n R Fan 87-06
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 06:56:26 PM »

izzy was the backbone of gnr and kept the guys together a reunions possible just have to see how the us tour goes and hope eventually they all talk to each other again some day hihi
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 04:09:44 AM »

Jimbob I sometimes respect you because you get to hang out with hot chicks all day but to say 'fuck a reunion' would suggest that youve never been a Guns fan. I know that you arent 12 and you probably know a lot a bout the old band, the band that wrote that songs that Axl and Friends cover every night but isnt that a little harsh?

What would you do if a reunion happened? Not support it becuase 'its not GNR' or just pretend you loved the old band more to begin with?

Guns was always about rock n roll, not playing someone elses songs night after night, whilst throwing in a few piano-rock ballads after an Aguilera solo.

Stay off the drugs......

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 04:17:34 AM »

Jimbob I sometimes respect you because you get to hang out with hot chicks all day but to say 'fuck a reunion' would suggest that youve never been a Guns fan. I know that you arent 12 and you probably know a lot a bout the old band, the band that wrote that songs that Axl and Friends cover every night but isnt that a little harsh?

What would you do if a reunion happened? Not support it becuase 'its not GNR' or just pretend you loved the old band more to begin with?

Guns was always about rock n roll, not playing someone elses songs night after night, whilst throwing in a few piano-rock ballads after an Aguilera solo.

Stay off the drugs......

its not that i dislike the old band..  I grew up on the old band.   I have simply come to love the current lineup with the same affection I had for GNR when I was 12 and they were on top of the world.  I want to see Chinese Democracy and the other two albums come out, and I want to get to see them live at least 10 more times.   at least.  so yes, fuck a reunion.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: