Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:42:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Best gig of the european tour (poll)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best gig of the european tour (poll)  (Read 4228 times)
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« on: July 30, 2006, 05:37:01 PM »

Now that the tour has ended (it hasn?t already but just one gig left, today hihi) what were, in your opinion, the best gigs of this tour?? This of course is more for ppl that went for more than two gigs so they can compare.... so go ahead!!? ok

as what concerns me, I only went to RiR, I loved it but as it was the second gig in the tour I guess it was not the best gig... dunno.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 05:42:27 PM »

Now that the tour has ended (it hasn?t already but just one gig left, today hihi) what were, in your opinion, the best gigs of this tour?  This of course is more for ppl that went for more than two gigs so they can compare.... so go ahead!!  ok

as what concerns me, I only went to RiR, I loved it but as it was the second gig in the tour I guess it was not the best gig... dunno.

Now that the tour has ended

give it another 2 hours  hihi
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 05:43:20 PM »

LOl i knew someone was going to say that but read what I say after it  rofl

peace

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 06:07:09 PM »

Hammersmith. Hands down the best- not necessarily the greatest setlist of them all, as it wasn't. But the intensity, the atmosphere, the sense of occassion and history in the making as the few thousand lucky fans had a performance in a venue that made it feel like GnR were playing in your living room just for you made it phenomenally special. You could almost (and did) reach out and touch the guys. It was almost like a family affair, and was a real chance for all the guys from all the boards to get together and celebrate GnRs return in style with the band themselves- it was fantastic.

Helped by the fact that the performance could not have been topped, as I said at the time, I couldn't help personally comparing it to the Marquee or the Ritz in 88, it was that good. I couldn't believe how stunned I was by the whole experience.
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

Blind Melon - Chinese Democracy?

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 06:54:19 PM »

manchester men was the best

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 06:58:01 PM »

manchester men was the best

Awesome i went ot that one
 glad people are considering it among the best, it was awesome  ok

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
yorch
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »

madrid best setlist and one of the best performances
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 07:52:46 PM »

Download
Scone
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 01:16:49 PM »

Gotta say Newcastle (even with no encore), I'm biased 'cause I was there, but I thought it was amazing, and members of the band have said it was quite possibly the best show of the tour. horse's mouth.
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 01:18:28 PM »

Hammersmith I say...as intimate as you are going to see guns I think Smiley and being front row!

Although I would have loved to be at Madrid, Bumble tears up the end of TWAT

Fish
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 01:19:29 PM »

Stockholm

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 01:46:26 PM »

I would say that Download probably was, just because of how it all seemed to be going so wrong, but ended with one of the best and longest setlists, Izzy's apperance was a huge surprise (1st in Europe I believe) too, and completely saved the day... and the fact that having stormed off stage at one point, Axl said "I don't want to leave"... would an Axl from any other period do that?

The encore was especially fantastic.

The 1st NY gig sounded pretty cool too, with a performance of TWAT, as does Madrid for the same reason, and the last NY gig because it was Izzy's 1st.
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 01:49:37 PM »

Nijmegen, because I was there ?Grin No serious, sound was great, crowd was great and the whole atmosphere was terrific. Setlist was not that special, but Izzy showed up totally unexpected, which to me was more important then 1 or 2 more new songs. Awesome show, even the dutch press was impressed ok
misterbrownstone
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 01:50:42 PM »

Nijmegen, because I was there ?Grin No serious, sound was great, crowd was great and the whole atmosphere was terrific. Setlist was not that special, but Izzy showed up totally unexpected, which to me was more important then 1 or 2 more new songs. Awesome show, even the dutch press was impressed ok

i wasn't htere, but yea, i LOVED the Nijmegen audio we got, everyone sounded great!
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 01:55:49 PM »

Quote from: RoBJ the last NY gig because it was Izzy's 1st.
[quote

[unfortunately i wasn't there] but i'd find it hard to argue against this. listening to the bootleg (the one i have was one of the first, it was pretty poor qualitywise - but that didnt matter, and ive since lost it with a hard drive/ipod crash) the moment izzy comes out it really is one of those moments that were as magic as you'd expect it to be. and the beauty of the noise, the racket, the fuzz, that blasts out as they kick into think about you is simply the most majestic and wonderous thing ive ever heard. anywhere. its so amazing, so beautiful, that words simply cannot do it justice.

i managed to get to two shows (which, according to the rules excludes from participating, but i cant resist Tongue), dublin and roskilde and both were pretty much equally magic. if you combined the best bits from both shows it would have been the best thing ever. but on paper, objectively, neither were the best show. budaphest, madrid and wembley 29th are probably the ones to look for as far as europe is concerned.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 02:00:40 PM by philspectorshotme » Logged
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 01:56:20 PM »

Personally I would say Hammersmith - great venue, small crowd, no problems, good mood from Axl etc.

However, having heard a first hand account of the acoustic gig - I think it'd be hard to top that one!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2006, 02:13:51 PM »

Sorry, can't pick just one, so will have to be awkward and pick best five (and one isn't even European!):

Hammerstein 15th - Dream come to true to see Guns in US: small venue a chance of a lifetime.  First time I heard Better and IRS.

Madrid - Completely different vibe to NYC and first (and sadly only) time I've heard TWAT.

Hammersmith - Legendary venue and somewhere I thought I'd never see GNR play.  I've had some memorable nights there but nothing will ever top GNR.

Manchester MEN - First of this separate UK leg where Better was played.  I love this song so much; it's my favourite newy and I think will become the SCOM for this band - the chorus especially is so anthemic.  Energy level of the crowd at this show was nothing short of amazing.

Wembley - Sat: Amazing setlist.  I was right on the rail, something I swore I wouldn't do again after getting crushed at Wembley Stadium in '91, but it was definitely worth it to be so close to the main man.  Sun: Emotional rollercoaster of a show and one that'll stay with me forever.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2006, 02:27:09 PM »

I've just been to two shows; Madrid and the first Wembley show.

I think I enjoyed more the Wembley show cause of Axl (amazing performace) and Izzy . Although in Madrid the setlist was better; TWAT, CD, IRS; Better, Madagascar and The Blues were played, and they played their longest show, 2 hours and 30 minutes.

CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2006, 02:31:15 PM »

Stockholm

lmfao, yeah oslo was described by people who have followed the whole tour as possibly the best show, we got an extended setlist and izzy was there, but yeah stockholm, right Roll Eyes
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2006, 02:38:31 PM »

Oslo 28th was huge!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: