Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:35:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Axl n' Slash r ready to star over new in 2006
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl n' Slash r ready to star over new in 2006  (Read 23333 times)
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2006, 03:07:36 PM »

I really hope one day they can just put the BS behind them and realise how important to gnr's fame they both were

Slash said to behind the music that he never forgot axl all cuz of he said to the fans that slash used many drugs in 1988 but why did slash play with Axl after all those hard times then? ...maybe Slash never wanted to stop being his friend, he just got mad at axl in 1988 but his mind makes him think that he still hates axl to date!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2006, 03:11:10 PM »

What a stupid question, quit the Axl vs. slash talk please. The new GN'R is great. I don't miss slash at all, and I also do not find it interesting to know what they have to to say to each other (if they would even do this). Forget about slash man or go to a velvet revolver fansite or something.

hey so if you don't wanna see them together again then don't bash'em, at least let us dream 'bout it

and where is the bashing?

Roll Eyes  oh, here i see that you also take ur mask off, i mean ya never were a slash fan so that's why ya don't care 'bout seein' them together once again!

So you are saying scot is a fraud, duff is spineless and you hate matt? Huh

you haven't answered my question. Roll Eyes
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2006, 03:12:13 PM »

They would cry...

u r kiddin' but they both did their best to get a millionaire contract when they didn't have money to eat in L.A city in 1985 so don't ya think they really have cute memories that make'em cry together?
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2006, 03:16:16 PM »

What a stupid question, quit the Axl vs. slash talk please. The new GN'R is great. I don't miss slash at all, and I also do not find it interesting to know what they have to to say to each other (if they would even do this). Forget about slash man or go to a velvet revolver fansite or something.

hey so if you don't wanna see them together again then don't bash'em, at least let us dream 'bout it

and where is the bashing?

Roll Eyes? oh, here i see that you also take ur mask off, i mean ya never were a slash fan so that's why ya don't care 'bout seein' them together once again!

So you are saying scot is a fraud, duff is spineless and you hate matt? Huh

you haven't answered my question. Roll Eyes

ya know that i wanna see'em all play back together again! but ya just think of robin solos, that's it  hihi
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2006, 03:49:12 PM »

cherry's review of last night with acoustic gig

WARNING - LOOOONG REVIEW! 

right, so as a few of you know i had vip tickets. dont ask me how, and dont make crude suggestions. truth is a certain member of the band is an utter gentleman.

right - so i get there about 6, que till about 8 to get passes n shit. so many people gathered outside the venue, a good atmosphere.

i didnt have all access so i didnt get backstage, from what i saw that was pretty purely family and friends plus axls many many many line of women! never seen so many women around one man....

the show was great - except the crowd weren't. we had a really drunk twat next to us who was huge and was being really aggressive, but NO the security wouldnt do anything about it - times like that u need axl to eject the fucker! plus the crowd were very quiet, well in my area they were - no one was really going crazy. completely alters the mood. but the band were, as always, excellent. i really cant fault them. personal highlight was izzy and axl singing 'we are sailing' , sounded really beautiful and quite a reflective emotional song - seeing those two singing it together was quite something. one of the best songs was the blues, the best ive seen them do it yet.

ok so i'll go straight for the best bit. the after show party & the acoustic show 

right, so i had an invitation to a club in soho to an after show party, i didnt really expect the band to be there, thought it might be just a place to shove the vip's. it took us soooo long to get there. so we get there finally and people are like  is this it? because there was a that prick jeff brazier (married to jade goody) outside so we thought hey theyre letting all riff raff in! then i saw vanesse outside, (beta's daughter) so i realised axl was probably there...and low and behold, he was. the club was packed - axl was in a corner surrounded by women (as usual  ) and was guarded by security. plus i bought 2 drinks and it cost ?20, fuck that! anyways i asked vanessa where abouts the rest of the band were, she saw my pass and told me to go to cuckoos on ssssssomething street (cant remember). so we leg it down there.

the que was quite big - two different ones. one for the vip's (including competition winners), and the other for what it looked like axls guests. there was a red carpet and rope, fancy. paparazi too, waiting for the man himself. so we que up for around 45 mins, people getting turned away left right and center. notlooking hopefull, i get to the front and this bouncer tells us we dont have the adequate passes. fuck that i thought, ive been put on the guest list personally by a band member, so i waited around. the band arrived minus axl - they look pretty dopey!  esp robin. then a blacked out people carrier arives, out jumps diane o'connor (i really dont know about that situation...he sure looks like he;s playing the field) and axl pops out, is really happy and smiley, has photos taken shakes a few hands then goes inside the club. we're like shit, gotta get in there. then another guy is on the door (beta's son im sure of it) and i basically just tell him i need to go in, flash my passes and manage to get myself and 5 other people in (all had passes).

WELL where are we....yes. so the room which they are to play in is TINY, so so small, its already like an oven in there, people dancing on tables, the band are already set up in the sofas andmake shift stage. so myself and my friend get our way to the front. and on walks axl! he is in a good mood, a fucking great mood. dancing, laughing, everything (pretty sure he was wasted). im not sure, i think they opened to mr brownstone and it sounded incredible!! really amazing. ive never seen axl so at ease, comfortable, happy and damn right compelling to watch. plus i literally stuck my arm out and i could touch him! he was right at the front, letting people grab him, shake hands etc. he even took someone's joint out of the crowd and had a couple of drags  was really funny. some girl had a cowboy hat on too which he took a lot.

he talked about how people dismiss the band, saying something like "to all the people who think this isnt guns n roses FUCK YOU!" massive applause, tommy mentions he has been in the band for 8 years now. the band clearly love axl - robin was always laughing with him, band lookin at each other if axl did something funny and laughing! was just such a casual atmosphere.

best songs - KOHD, he got everyone to sing a long. also paradise city - which they closed too, was amazing acoustic!! axl says his usual "london..good fuckin night!" screaming as if he's in a fucking arena!

after the set, the band (who were quite subdued) packed up, robin got his guitar case and just walked out by himself. i met tommy afterwards, greatest person ever - genuine, kind, sweet. coulnt see where te rest went...oh but jackamo eat your heart out, i met mr pitman himself! that dude is crazy! he walked out by himself (not v crowded at this point) i was like  "CHRIS! legend!" he was so cool, he took my hand, kissed it,...a lot, tried to speak to me in french, i asked for a photo but he said he doesnt do photos! LOL. but...as he left...he did accidently grab my friends boob! i now christen thee chris titman. nice guy tho, really funny.

everyone was dancing and drinking at this point (about 6am) and i see bach next to me! so i walk over to him, before i get the chance to say anything he grabs my waist, pulls me towards him and says "oh my god...who are you and where did you come from?! you are so beautiful! your face is so beautiful!" so i was pretty flabbergasted by that,,,..didnt know what to say to be honest! so i thanked him, told him i appreciated it considering i was drenched in sweat and beer. he was hilarious tho, when he talks he just sings!! he was screaming at me! so i got a photo, said my piece and left. what a fucking legend!

basically it was just an amazing show which i felt very privalidged and beyond grateful to be a part of, you really felt like you were witnessing something earth shatteringly amazing.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=75950&st=0&#entry1376055

ARV, read and pay attention to the bolded part
Slash ain't coming back Roll Eyes
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2006, 03:53:31 PM »

awesome review ... this is GUNS N' ROSES

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2006, 03:57:01 PM »

I really hope one day they can just put the BS behind them and realise how important to gnr's fame they both were

Slash said to behind the music that he never forgot axl all cuz of he said to the fans that slash used many drugs in 1988 but why did slash play with Axl after all those hard times then? ...maybe Slash never wanted to stop being his friend, he just got mad at axl in 1988 but his mind makes him think that he still hates axl to date!

yeah I remember the whole thing when opening for the stones...  I'm sure that part just brought up old memories
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2006, 03:59:49 PM »

Slash says he sends Axl Christmas cards every year just to be cordial, but never gets a reply, so, they'd probably beat the shit out of each other. Or yell a lot.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
gin hotel
Banned
Rocker

Blind Melon - Chinese Democracy?

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2006, 04:01:23 PM »

surely if axl and slash ever came to blows slash would kick his ass  Huh

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2006, 04:04:07 PM »

Is nay his wife, Mr. Brownnose?

ya know that i wanna see'em all play back together again! but ya just think of robin solos, that's it  hihi

And never you forget the chris solos. ok

God save AxlRoseVen, AxlRoseVen is dreamin, AxlRoseVen is dreamin......
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2006, 04:13:30 PM »

Thanks for finding that awesome review Dolphin.  Too bad this thread won't last much longer.  hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2006, 04:42:15 PM »

Thanks for finding that awesome review Dolphin.? Too bad this thread won't last much longer.? hihi

tommy's been in 8 years and no one knows hihi Well unless you count the forum fans.. 8 years no albums
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2006, 06:41:12 PM »

Slash says he sends Axl Christmas cards every year just to be cordial, but never gets a reply, so, they'd probably beat the shit out of each other. Or yell a lot.

And how nice!  Roll Eyes

?..How can we all trust ya? Can ya find da?original source to read n? be sure ?bout your cheap story? ?.I?ve heard to say that British people r stupid but I don?t think Slash is so fucking idiot to do something just like that  rant , guess British persons need to be respected too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sad

...P.S : I ever was sure that Izzy never stopped visitin' Axl , specially for X-Mas times!  hihi
Evolution
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2006, 06:51:14 PM »

I'd guess they wouldn't exact hug and make up, but be at the very least polite to each other. IMO No way would a fight start.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2006, 07:05:13 PM »

I'd guess they wouldn't exact hug and make up, but be at the very least polite to each other. IMO No way would a fight start.

something tells me that Axl's been cryin' for his ex-mates since their empire was destroyed by in 1996...remember they shared amazing moments together!!!!  Undecided
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2006, 07:47:18 PM »

Slash would be polite to Axl but Axl would say something "Get the fuck outta here!" and the Slash would say to the press "I was polite to him but he was rude, bla bla bla" like the thing about sending christmas cards to Axl and never get replies  hihi

More seriously, one of the things that made Slash leave GnR was a discussion he and Axl had due to his drug abuse in 96 (if you see any interview or snakepit show form 94-96 you can see how fucked up Slash was). Probably Axl didn?t tolerate Slash`s drug abuse because he had seen enough of his friends dying of overdoses (todd crew,shanon hoon, etc) and  was too much  "in your face"  in the discussion (like he was in the gig with the stones) and Slash didn?t liked it and has he wasn`t enjoying playing with other guitarrists in GnR he decide to quit. Maybe after all this years they could be friends again. But i only want a reunion after this band realeses all their material  Smiley

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2006, 07:58:22 PM »

Slash would be polite to Axl but Axl would say something "Get the fuck outta here!" and the Slash would say to the press "I was polite to him but he was rude, bla bla bla" like the thing about sending christmas cards to Axl and never get replies? hihi

More seriously, one of the things that made Slash leave GnR was a discussion he and Axl had due to his drug abuse in 96 (if you see any interview or snakepit show form 94-96 you can see how fucked up Slash was). Probably Axl didn?t tolerate Slash`s drug abuse because he had seen enough of his friends dying of overdoses (todd crew,shanon hoon, etc) and? was too much? "in your face"? in the discussion (like he was in the gig with the stones) and Slash didn?t liked it and has he wasn`t enjoying playing with other guitarrists in GnR he decide to quit. Maybe after all this years they could be friends again. But i only want a reunion after this band realeses all their material? Smiley

oh c'mon dude....we both know that axl's been tryin' to sound like a decent father while talkin' to his kid but da'truth is axl was also lost in a world of drugs 'till gnr was destroyed.....even he used more cocaine than their ex-mates but knew how to contol himself while givin' some fucking interview to da'press (although he was stoned to da'bones!!!!)....so i don't see the reason for axl to speak shit 'bout steve n' slash.....axl wasn't a naive angel, even he isn't!? Undecided
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 08:00:43 PM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2006, 08:11:30 PM »

oh c'mon dude....we both know that axl's been tryin' to sound like a decent father while talkin' to his kid but da'truth is axl was also lost in a world of drugs 'till gnr was destroyed.....even he used more cocaine than their ex-mates but knew how to contol himself while givin' some fucking interview to da'press (although he was stoned to da'bones!!!!)....so i don't see the reason for axl to speak shit 'bout steve n' slash.....axl wasn't a naive angel, even he isn't!  Undecided
Axl used drugs but less frequently than the Slash, Steven and Duff but he never got so fucked as them, even in an interview to mtv in 88 (i can?t find the link on youtube).  And when he used them like you said, he controled himsefl and he knew when to stop. Slash stoped drugs after quiting GnR and in 2000 he was drunk almost all the time  Wink . That`s the difference between Axl and the rest of the guys. And he did sound like a decent father talking to his kid not because he was trying to but because he  had seen some of his friends dying due to drug abuse and he was worried with Slash. And he never came to the press saying shit about this, he only talked about this discussion between him and Slash to some fans that were in the same hotel than him at Rock in Rio 2001  Wink
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 08:16:31 PM by gueli » Logged

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

oh c'mon dude....we both know that axl's been tryin' to sound like a decent father while talkin' to his kid but da'truth is axl was also lost in a world of drugs 'till gnr was destroyed.....even he used more cocaine than their ex-mates but knew how to contol himself while givin' some fucking interview to da'press (although he was stoned to da'bones!!!!)....so i don't see the reason for axl to speak shit 'bout steve n' slash.....axl wasn't a naive angel, even he isn't!? Undecided
Axl used drugs but less frequently than the Slash, Steven and Duff but he never got so fucked as them, even in this interview.? And when he used them like you said, he controled himsefl and he knew when to stop. Slash stoped drugs after quiting GnR and in 2000 he was drunk almost all the time? Wink . That`s the difference between Axl and the rest of the guys. And he did sound like a decent father talking to his kid not because he was trying to but because he? had seen some of his friends dying due to drug abuse and he was worried with Slash. And he never came to the press saying shit about this, he only talked about this discussion between him and Slash to some fans that were in the same hotel than him at Rock in Rio 2001? Wink

dude, in 1988 axl said in front of million of fans that slash was ingestin' cocaine while rolling stones were playing at L.A city concert, don't ya think that they both had to speak privately before destroyin' slash this way?  hihi
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2006, 08:24:18 PM »

dude, in 1988 axl said in front of million of fans that slash was ingestin' cocaine while rolling stones were playing at L.A city concert, don't ya think that they both had to speak privately before destroyin' slash this way?  hihi
Dude he was talking about heroin aka Mr. Brownstone. And he talked that way because Slash`s drug abuse was outta control at the time and was destroying him and the band, like Steven`s drug abuse destroyed him  Wink Dude, Axl was and his against the outta control drug abuse the rest of the band was practicing at the time and that`s a fact. In Axl`s birthday in 88 Izzy gave him a guitar but Axl destroyed it and gave the pieces back to Izzy with a note with "Cocaine Sucks!!!" written.
This doesn?t mean that he later didn?t consumed cocaine but he never got fucked up on stage or like the rest of the band  or like Steven in studio Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: