Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 09:51:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  okay, I know its a long shot, but................
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: okay, I know its a long shot, but................  (Read 4768 times)
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 06:09:15 PM »

As has been said its more likely to be a club show.  But stranger things have happened... after all if you asked someone in 1991 if GnR would ever tour with a guy who wore a bucket on his head, or a had a springy keyboard or a guy with a foot guitar they would probably give a strange look.

Still something of a longshot, nontheless.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 09:46:21 AM »

For those that are interested, there have been more details added to the website about the 20th anniversary celebrations - including a link to Riki's my space blog.

http://www.cathousehollywood.com/

News Updated August 14, 2006
Dont forget to check out "Riki's Blog" at MySpace.com?

Its hard to believe that in September 1986 The Cathouse
opened its doors for the first time.

OCTOBER 10th, 2006
Riki Rachtman's World Famous Cathouse
returns to celebrate its 20th anniversary

Loud Music, Hangovers and One Night Stands are back featuring original Cathouse DJ Joseph Brooks and live music by some of the bands that helped create a notorious legend called Cathouse.

For one night only the Key Club on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood will take on the look, feel and sound of the Cathouse.

ONLY 500 tickets will be sold
Tickets go on sale September 1, 2006 at ticketmaster

50% of all ticket sales go to My Friends place which helps
homeless youth in Hollywood
myfriendsplace.org

Excerpt from Riki's blog:

www.cathousehollywood.com will launch on Monday. Things are really starting to come together for the 20th. We have already recieved confirmation from MTV to cover it. I am not sure to what extent yet. I have some ideas and of course they do too. Hey maybe VH1...maybe both. Perhaps they will both back out and Ill do a puppet show...
The bands are starting to come together and I will tell you there will be an allstar band made up of some Cathouse regulars. Yes youve heard of them all.. Once again tickets go on sale Sept 1 through Ticketmaster

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 09:50:40 AM »

Thanks for updating, but I don't think this insinuates GnR.. I think he's just hyping it up.. As for MTV being there, don't expect live coverage or a concert broadcast or anything, they'll probably just do a 1 minute segment on it during MTV News. (Is there even an MTV News anymore??)

As for "bands we've heard of" hmmmm, Poison, Warrant, Ratt etc... B-listers.

and I will tell you there will be an allstar band made up of some Cathouse regulars.
   Hmmmmm, Rockstar Supernova??
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 09:53:53 AM by pasnow » Logged
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 10:17:38 AM »

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you that it's nothing to get too excited about.? Still, for those who live in the area, it may be worth keeping an eye on developments.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 10:46:47 AM »

Ok, alittle more towards the long shot... Look at the new T-Shirt they are selling..   Chinese style lettering, and the skull which appeared on only 10 leather jackets that were ever made.. One of them owned by Axl Rose.

Damn, how do i upload a pic?Huh Help...

Keep em under your wheels.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 10:56:33 AM »

Ok, alittle more towards the long shot... Look at the new T-Shirt they are selling..? ?Chinese style lettering, and the skull which appeared on only 10 leather jackets that were ever made.. One of them owned by Axl Rose.

Damn, how do i upload a pic?Huh Help...

I saw the tshirt but did you see when you open the "HISTORY" page, the opening riff to Jungle comes on?
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »

If nothing else, I think it's clever marketing by the Cathouse, not that Rikki needs any money of course.

I just think there could be something in this... Dizzy plays the Key Club often will know all the owners there, Axl is friends with Rikki, it's an anniversary that will get media coverage... This could be 2 dude's helping each other out... Sometimes you can forget the $ gain and do something out of friendship.

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2006, 11:08:32 AM »

maybe its a camp freddy type affair - lots of guest artists, likely to include slash, duff, matt, gilby, maybe even izzy...
wish I lived close enough to find out on the night! lot of musical history in that place...
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2006, 11:15:58 AM »

You almost suggest a one-off reunion.... Grin                Now that would be newsworthy....

Nevermind, I have the memories and had a great time this summer at the shows....

JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2006, 01:37:04 PM »

and brownstone plays when u open up somehting.

liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2006, 02:19:37 PM »

far fetched for sure but not at all impossible, would be cool with a show but I doupt we\ll get a release date.
shotgun_blue
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2006, 02:56:37 AM »

Well I was in the Cat House About a Month ago and asked the bar man about Axl. He went crazy talking about him, and said they were hoping to get him back in there. The bar man was a manager of some description in there too. Just soo small in there!- would be very little hope of getting a ticket.
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2006, 07:11:11 AM »

Thanks for updating, but I don't think this insinuates GnR.. I think he's just hyping it up.. As for MTV being there, don't expect live coverage or a concert broadcast or anything, they'll probably just do a 1 minute segment on it during MTV News. (Is there even an MTV News anymore??)

As for "bands we've heard of" hmmmm, Poison, Warrant, Ratt etc... B-listers.

and I will tell you there will be an allstar band made up of some Cathouse regulars.
Hmmmmm, Rockstar Supernova??

dude, poison, ratt and warrant aren't b-listers. those were great bands that sold a bunch of records back in the day. ok, they're aren't gn'r , van halen or motley crue. b-listers are more the pretty boy floyd's, tuff or even LA Guns.

oh, and gn'r didn't start there. it was more at the troubador, roxy or whiskey. it was more of a place where they used to hang out, especially on tuesday nights, and where they recorded the "it's so easy" video in 1989. there's an infamous story about Axl running down the street trying to beat David Bowie up, since he was picking on Erin Everly.

Rikki used to be Duff's roommate, and Axl got him the gig @ mtv. Riki has been doing a radio show, and he's an icon on the hollywood late 80's scene because of the cathouse.
i don't see Axl performing there, but i believe the all star band will be cool - my bets are on names lik Taime Down or Tracii Guns, or maybe Stevie Rachelle since metla sludge has a sticky on it's board for the event.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2006, 07:49:18 AM »

maybe its a camp freddy type affair - lots of guest artists, likely to include slash, duff, matt, gilby, maybe even izzy...
wish I lived close enough to find out on the night! lot of musical history in that place...

Yeah thats what i was thinking. It probably will be Camp Freddy along with a load of guests etc, they are ideal for this kind of thing!

Jonx
Gordi
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2006, 09:56:16 AM »

That's two days before my birthday I hope for an early present!  yes
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2006, 10:51:54 AM »

In all honesty guys, id say its more likely to be faster pussycat.

Taime co-owned the place when it started and on faster pussycat.com, they have changed it to say october 2006 20th aniversiry. there newsite powerandthegloryhole.com is just about there new album.

Id say its pussycat.
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2006, 11:16:24 AM »

pussy who?

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2006, 11:24:42 AM »

Faster Pussycat

thats who.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2006, 11:31:03 AM »

Faster Pussycat

thats who.

Good band. Not GNR, but still worthy of headlining the show there.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2006, 11:33:07 AM »

The same faster pussycat that opened for GNR in 1987?.............. The plot thickens.... LMAO             

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: