Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 01:22:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR without Axl Rose
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR without Axl Rose  (Read 18680 times)
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2006, 10:57:28 AM »

No guns without Axl!

I\ve always wanted Axl to give his band a different name just to state that he is making music again and that he is evolving musicaly. But if anyone should bare the name of Guns n Roses that shuold be Axl, he found a great bunch och bandmates who know their ways around music.
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2006, 11:07:04 AM »

honestly,since the beginning I don't really care about Guns N' Roses.I only care about Axl.I came to this forum because of him.if he makes another group under the name of 'Axl Appettite'.I will still love him like first time I hear his voice 13 years ago,.still following him,and still buying the cd's.
Axl ,its the only one can be replaced.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2006, 11:51:45 AM »

ha, the horse is about to die. Roll Eyes

I bet this, if steven adler was the owner of the gnr name and they hit europe I bet the shows would still sell out.. That's the power of this name in certain markets...

mike I agree with you and understand your reasoning on most things but seriously steven cant spell his own name..? He would not sell out.. haha

My point was the gnr name is the strongest element over anything.. Doesn't matter who is in, that's my opinion..

I don't think so. At least Not in Europe.
So you're saying the name is the reason for your minding this band? You went to Hammerstein for the love of the name and not for that of the music. Tells me how much your opinion on the music/this band counts for.

I am not a trendy fuck who would say I went to see a gnr show..  I went to hammerstein for several reasons ,first of course was to see axl rose, second was to hear some news maybe, third was to meet all the great people from the forum and talk gnr and of course to hear some classics and hear something new.. But in no way was it because I wanted to see the band.. I'd have the same interest in new gnr regardless of who was in it because axl's in it..  I'm sure plenty of people dislike scott weiland but like slash so they see vr..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2006, 11:54:36 AM »

I think so. Plenty of bands have got new singers.

ac/dc vh, sabbath.. I mean people act like a singer is impossible to replace.. it doesn't mean I think it's right, but it has happened and has worked..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2006, 11:56:47 AM »

It's always been about Axl!

some of you people sound likie axl rose worshippers, not gnr fans or what gnr was about.. All this snakepit vr shit, well then axl alone was going nowhere hollywood rose..

If axl's voice was on snakepit or some vr tunes you'd all be saying other things, so please already..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2006, 12:05:08 PM »

Guns N' Roses without Axl = Nothing

...and Gn'R without Slash is not as good as Gn'R with Slash? beer

Absolutely correct

No question about it...

there is no more gnr anyways, just axl rose and his hired guns,,,,  No one man owner or not should keep a band going by himself when he was not the sole reason the band sold 90 million albums..

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2006, 12:16:25 PM »

Mike wasn't your point that the gnr name was the strongest element over anything and in your opinion it didn't matter who was in? Or you just forgot to say "as far as Axl is in"?

we're all here because at one point something that those 5 guys did went straight to our hearts.

Incorrect. (otherwise, good post overall tho)

I said this many times and I'll say it again. If not for this Band, chinesedemocratic GNR, I wouldn't be here for sure. Just the same I don't feel like following any 'legendary' band eg, U2 rolling stones, led zeppelin etc who now doesn't make anything particularly fresh to the ear even if I really like their past works.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2006, 12:23:41 PM »

Yes I feel the gnr name alone is iconic today that it is stronger then any one band member

I feel if slash an duff were in gnr alone they would sell tons of tickets... people hear gnr is coming back they just want to go see them,..

Right now my thing is to see axl rose , but not everyone follows things like we do..
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2006, 01:14:09 PM »

As we all know, everyone is in support of Axl Rose and the new GNR.? But here's one thing I've always wondered.? Would we still support the band if Slash, Duff and Matt had kicked Axl out, bought the rights to the GNR name and kept the band going with a new singer?? Some argue that Axl Rose is not Guns N' Roses while some think it's ok.? On the flip side, would it have been ok for Guns N' Roses to live on without Axl Rose as the front man?? Which scenario is better?? To this day, people out there associate Axl and Slash as the core of Guns N' Roses.

I'm curious to see what everyone thinks...

...it's a good question but you forget to admit this :

-Axl is the best front man ever
-there's no singer like him around da'world
-n' no one will never be!

-Axl's ex-mates r GNR too but they r like a car n' Axl is its wheels hihi
....now can ya understand that GNR it's over without da'cute baby called W. AXL ROSE?uhuh?  Roll Eyes

sad but true  Undecided
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2006, 01:36:21 PM »

Right now my thing is to see axl rose , but not everyone follows things like we do..

You love axl don't you?  hihi
as for the everyone who doesn't follow things like you do and is in the majority of general music fans...each show each release either makes or mars a band/an artist.
In substanse, the talk has concluded with this post.

And these talks went on about other bands as well when they broke up and brought in different people.  These talks will always go on, but you know what.......it all comes down to the music, and time.  If Axl continues with this band and they eventually put out successful albums and tours, eventually more and more people will accept them for Guns N Roses.  And the kids who are growing up who are 10-18 years old will only know Guns N Roses as who they are today.  Guns N Roses is a name, and just that.  If whoever is in the band puts out good music, then Guns N Roses is legit.  Lets say this happens for example...Over the next 6 years, Guns N Roses with Axl, Richard, Ron, Tommy, Dizzy, Chris, Izzy, Robin, and Brain do very well, selling millions of cd's and putting out numerous number 1 hits.  10 years from now, are people going to be saying "oh, GNR is Axl and Slash"...No, some people will be comparing the two different bands who remember them, but most people will just be saying "GNR is awesome!"   

So that's what I have to say....GNR is fuckin awesome!  Not GNR is Axl or GNR is Slash! 
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2006, 01:49:37 PM »

Oh for the love of god I can't believe how narrowminded most of you people are you sound like a bunch of 8 year olds, Axl 00wns!!, axl is god, Thanks for reminding me that 80% of this forum consists of Axl fan boys Why is it impossible for you fanboys to actually like the old members and give them the respect they deserve? Roll Eyes and realise that altough they may no longer be in Guns they will always be a part of it

The only reason? that makes this band Guns n'roses is the name, I like this band but it isn't guns to me and it never will be simple as that
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2006, 01:51:21 PM »

Oh for the love of god I can't believe how narrowminded most of you people are you sound like a bunch of 8 year olds, Axl 00wns!!, axl is god, Thanks for reminding me that 80% of this forum consists of Axl fan boys Why is it impossible for you fanboys to actually like the old members and give them the respect they deserve? Roll Eyes and realise that altough they may no longer be in Guns they will always be a part of it

The only reason? that makes this band Guns n'roses is the name, I like this band but it isn't guns to me and it never will be simple as that

perfect post man
Bono
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2006, 05:55:35 PM »

you can't have GNR without Axl Rose, but as we've seen you can have GNR without Slash or Duff.?

Gimmie a break Jim Bob. If Velvet Revolver were touring and recording under the Guns N' Roses name then hell yeah we'd have "Gun N' Roses" without Axl just like we have "Guns N' Roses" without Slash, Duff, and Izzy. I'm honestly starting to believe that many of you are dillusional.? The only reason we have Gn'R without Slash and Co. is because of who owns the name. For fuck sakes people wake up. Just admit it. We all know it is what it is but stop saying we can have Gn'R without guys like Slash and Duff but without Axl it couldn't happen. I laugh so hard when people make comments about Guns N' Roses being all about the music and not about who's in the band. That's a fucking joke because what you're all saying is as long as the music kicks ass and has the spirit of Guns N' Roses than it is in fact Guns N' Roses. How the hell can you have the spirit of Guns N' Roses wthout Slash, and Duff and Izzy. Izzy helps a bit on this tour but get real. Alot of you people are saying it? could be anyone and anyone on guitar or vocals as long as it kicks ass and has that same Gn'R feeling. Wake up call here for everyone.... this new band may sound good but it does not have the same passion or emotion or spirit as the old Guns N' Roses. It's just people wanting it to so badly that they've convinced themselves it does. IT DOESN'T!!!!? Face it.  Some of you really show your true colors. You sound as if you were never Guns fans to begin with only Axl worshipers if you can so easily say "Axl was, is and always will be Guns N' Roses" or "Slash and Duff were never original members" or "Guns without Axl equals Slash's Snake Pit" I guess That means Duff and Izzy's solo albums are also a result of Guns N' Roses without Axl. Unreal.? The fact that so many people are unable to comprehend the difference between Guns N' Roses and a band useing the Guns N' Roses name is ridiculous.? I strongly disagree with Axl useing the name but it is what it is and I can deal with it. The thing that's near impossible to deal with though is the people who think the use of the name is justified because in their mind this is actually Guns N' Roses. It boggles the mind. The only people in the world who truely accept the name issue are fanatical Axl fanboys and fangirls who show no real objectivness when it comes to this. I think most people here who disagree with the name use would also disagree with VR calling themselves Guns N' Roses. The difference is the Axl lovers think it's o.k. for Axl to use it even if he was surrounded by the members of N*SYNC? but not for the other original four Gn'R members even if those four were all together in the same band.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2006, 06:53:09 PM »

I think it?s easier to replace a guitar player, drummer etc then the frontman... I think the name says it all... he?s the frontman of the band, the leader, the face... therefore, the most imporant member of a band. The one who we can relate to when concerning any band. That?s what a frontman is. And so is Axl. I can?t even imagine someone replacing him... like, when I hear VR songs I can?t help but always think that Axl?voices would do much better.... now if we had another voice in Gn?R it would just be the end... and why? Cos Axl was and is one of the most important and charismatic frontmen of all time!
But then comes Slash... why the hell does this always end in a Axl VS Slash battle? Because they were Gn?R... they were the most important members of the band. The songs wouldn?t be the same if the lyrics by Axl didn?t have Slash?s riffs... We would have great songs, yes, but with Slash?s contribution it?s a whole different thing. Magic happens u kno? That?s why those songs made history...

Of course the ideal thing would be to have the band with Axl and Slash... lol I think everyone would be happy here, there would be no - points of karma, etc etc... But that?s not the case... we have Axl and other members, who are great musicians as well. But god, we can?t say Robin, Richard and Ron (even the three at the same time lol) can do what Slash did. No way, they?re different, both in image and skills, so the music ends up being different.

So my answer is that I wouldn?t support the band if Axl wasn?t there just like I do support this new one (Nu-GnR).

(lol this looks like a School report.... sorry  peace)

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2006, 07:34:04 PM »

No Axl can't really be replaced, but neither can Slash, or Izzy for that matter.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2006, 07:37:00 PM »

This is kinda funny now as we had the current gnr without Axl tonight  Grin

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2006, 08:14:12 PM »

I think it?s easier to replace a guitar player, drummer etc then the frontman... I think the name says it all... he?s the frontman of the band, the leader, the face... therefore, the most imporant member of a band. The one who we can relate to when concerning any band. That?s what a frontman is. And so is Axl. I can?t even imagine someone replacing him... like, when I hear VR songs I can?t help but always think that Axl?voices would do much better.... now if we had another voice in Gn?R it would just be the end... and why? Cos Axl was and is one of the most important and charismatic frontmen of all time!
But then comes Slash... why the hell does this always end in a Axl VS Slash battle? Because they were Gn?R... they were the most important members of the band. The songs wouldn?t be the same if the lyrics by Axl didn?t have Slash?s riffs... We would have great songs, yes, but with Slash?s contribution it?s a whole different thing. Magic happens u kno? That?s why those songs made history...

Of course the ideal thing would be to have the band with Axl and Slash... lol I think everyone would be happy here, there would be no - points of karma, etc etc... But that?s not the case... we have Axl and other members, who are great musicians as well. But god, we can?t say Robin, Richard and Ron (even the three at the same time lol) can do what Slash did. No way, they?re different, both in image and skills, so the music ends up being different.

So my answer is that I wouldn?t support the band if Axl wasn?t there just like I do support this new one (Nu-GnR).

(lol this looks like a School report.... sorry  peace)

I agree with you in almost everything except when you say that Axl and Slash were the most important members of the band. Izzy was by far the most important member in terms of writing the instrumental part of the songs but live he was very low profile (and that`s why the majority of people forget his importance in G n`R).  Wink

Axl is really irreplaceable because he is voice is as unique as his charisma and lyrics and without him there is no Gn`R. The New Guns are different from the original band but they kick ass and so does Axl  Grin

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2006, 08:16:48 PM »

Why would anyone want to support any famous band without all of their members accept one.. ?Axl owns the name that is why gnr exists ,he doesn't want to accept the fact the band broke up.. ANy super famous group could switch members and keep getting fans in to see the shows ...

gnr was an amazing band that made amazing music and ruled the world ,today it's just crumbs of the past fueling this.. Gnr took over the world naturally, this is just run off of the past.. people were already interested in gnr, so people going now are more going for sentimental reasons.. Not one new song could be played and no one would care but the forum members..

gnr simply exists because the owner of the name is allowed to keep it going, but that doesn't make it gnr
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2006, 08:31:35 PM »

Why would anyone want to support any famous band without all of their members accept one..  Axl owns the name that is why gnr exists ,he doesn't want to accept the fact the band broke up.. ANy super famous group could switch members and keep getting fans in to see the shows ...

gnr was an amazing band that made amazing music and ruled the world ,today it's just crumbs of the past fueling this.. Gnr took over the world naturally, this is just run off of the past.. people were already interested in gnr, so people going now are more going for sentimental reasons.. Not one new song could be played and no one would care but the forum members..

gnr simply exists because the owner of the name is allowed to keep it going, but that doesn't make it gnr
I support the new band even knowing that they ain?t the original Guns N` Roses. Why? Because Axl still rules as a singer, composer and frontman, the band is great and they play wonderful shows with my favourite songs and great new songs and because Axl and the rest of the band made a great work putting this band together as it is today  ok

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2006, 07:38:39 AM »

I don't support Axl with his hired Guns, they are not Gn'R...

If Slash and Duff fot the name and called VR Gn'R, I also would not support them.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: