Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 12, 2024, 03:56:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228172 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR without Axl Rose
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR without Axl Rose  (Read 18780 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 12:02:46 PM »

Axl and Izzy are Guns N' Fuckin Roses! Slash who??

you're an ass. Slash is important to Gn'R as Axl. Axl and Slash are Gn'R.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2006, 12:48:52 PM »

Axl and Izzy are Guns N' Fuckin Roses! Slash who??

Well done living up to your name there chief. How old are you? 5?

I'm with mikeguiliana on this. Just cos its called Guns N Roses it doesnt mean it is GNR.

'Slash who?' - You know the guy, the one 3 guitarists cant even replace.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2006, 01:54:50 PM »

ha, the horse is about to die. Roll Eyes

I bet this, if steven adler was the owner of the gnr name and they hit europe I bet the shows would still sell out.. That's the power of this name in certain markets...

mike I agree with you and understand your reasoning on most things but seriously steven cant spell his own name..  He would not sell out.. haha

My point was the gnr name is the strongest element over anything.. Doesn't matter who is in, that's my opinion..

I don't think so. At least Not in Europe.
So you're saying the name is the reason for your minding this band? You went to Hammerstein for the love of the name and not for that of the music. Tells me how much your opinion on the music/this band counts for.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2006, 02:11:19 PM »

GNR without Axl Rose

VR with the name of GNR? My opinion on VR wouldn't change.

A Rose with any other name would smell sweet. 
All the same to me. I'd end up falling for this band whatever it was called if once I heard Chinese Democracy like I did anyway. or IRS, better, OMG, Riyadh.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2006, 02:43:45 PM »

Axl is the voice, heart and soul of GNR.. AXL=GNR  peace

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2006, 02:51:27 PM »

Axl Fucking Rose is the heart and soul of GnR. New GnR kicks the fucking shit out of Velvet Revolver.
Bob_pe
Opening Act

together again

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2006, 02:55:10 PM »

Guns N' Roses without Axl = Nothing
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2006, 02:58:03 PM »

Axl is gnr, without him a band could never claim to be gnr.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2006, 03:47:33 PM »

you guys are asses... I posted the same topic a month ago and it got deleted, and then I got a negative karma point and then I got flamed

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Olorin
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2006, 03:48:14 PM »

GN'R without Axl is Velvet Revolver, Slash's Snakepit etc.

It is there for you to listen to.

It just doesnt work, well, it wouldnt work if it was called Guns N' Roses, I guess it does work for the purpose it serves.

It just doesnt float my boat.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2006, 03:50:57 PM »

Van Halen is the only group who really pulled off changing lead singers & continued their success financially & artisticly. ?Eddie was really the driving force there, so it worked.

Axl is more associated with GNR than any other member, so I don't think so. I like VR, but you can't really consider VR any form of GNR since Weiland has his own style.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Bono
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2006, 04:07:48 PM »

Yeah I'd support them in the same vain I support Axl's band. I'd have issues with them calling themselves Gn'R . It would be lame. It would be like Motley Crue with John Corabi. The only band in my opinion who has been able to pull off the change in lead singer with great success was and is AC/DC. There is no Guns N' Roses without Axl and there is no Guns N' Roses without Slash and Duff. I know Izzy was a huge ingrediant(possibly the main ingrediant) but he was only(I say that with great hesitance) the rythem guy and not a huge part of the overall image and sound of Gn'R.? Yes he did have a huge part to play in the writing of the songs and that could very well be your answer right there. There is no Guns N' Roses without Izzy maybe.? Seriously people just think about it. It'd be like U2 being U2 without Bono or The Stones without Jagger or? Led Zeppelin w Plant or Black Sabbath without Ozzy(that sucked) or the Beatles without Lennon? or Aerosmith without Tyler or Queen without Freddie and then on the flip side all those bands without Richards, Slash, The Edge, Perry Brina May, McCartney, Iomi, Page. I just don't get why people even bother trying to Justify the whole use of the Guns N' Roses name with this new band because in all honesty I think every single one of us knows that even though it is what it is, it's still really fucking lame. peace
Olorin
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2006, 04:10:01 PM »

Van Halen is the only group who really pulled off changing lead singers & continued their success financially & artisticly. ?Eddie was really the driving force there, so it worked.

Axl is more associated with GNR than any other member, so I don't think so. I like VR, but you can't really consider VR any form of GNR since Weiland has his own style.

Yes, but the former members of GN'R came up with the music before Scott came along, so I consider VR, GN'R without Axl.

I wasn't comparing the 2 singers, just the music - I can appreciate what Scott does, he is his own person and only an idiot would think of him as a substitute for Axl.

Funnily enough, I actually like VR's music, but not the lyrics - I just can't get into the band.

I am more interested in their next album as it should be a proper collaberation between the band, Contraband was thrown together in a relatively short period of time, and I am astounded at the success it achieved, Axl take note - simple things work just great.
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2006, 04:10:09 PM »

i associate axl with guns n' roses, slash is long gone.
plus axl is the one i am interested in seeing lead guns n' roses into the future.
so no.

that's funny, since slash hasn't been involved with the band for ten years. get over it, support axl or listen to your old bootlegs.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 04:11:50 PM by CD2006 » Logged
Origen
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2006, 04:15:59 PM »

GN'R without Axl is Velvet Revolver, Slash's Snakepit etc.

It is there for you to listen to.

It just doesnt work, well, it wouldnt work if it was called Guns N' Roses, I guess it does work for the purpose it serves.

It just doesnt float my boat.

No it isn't that's two seperate things. GnR with the original/Illusion lineup with a new singer wouldn't be anythink like VR.

For a start it would still be GnR with all the back catorlogue and playing them live, Izzy would be in the band not Dave and Scott Weiland wouldn't be in the band because I'm sure they would pick someone more suited to playing GnR songs live.

If some other unknown amazing singer had of taken over Axl 10 years ago then they might (I express the word MIGHT) just have gotten away with it, but we all know how history has turned out and it is the other way around now.
RR Mafia
Headliner

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2006, 04:17:27 PM »

Guns n Roses is Axl's band.  He was the founding member, and he has always been the leader and the strongest personality.  If Axl was such a pain in the ass then why didnt the band fire him and carry on with a new singer?  Because they all new that he could not be replaced.  They went along with all the madness because they new that without him Guns would be over. 

Anybody else singing Axl's songs would be a total joke, and a new Guns n Roses album with a new singer would have been even more of a joke.  no peace smoking

Bono
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2006, 04:20:10 PM »

i associate axl with guns n' roses, slash is long gone.
plus axl is the one i am interested in seeing lead guns n' roses into the future.
so no.

that's funny, since slash hasn't been involved with the band for ten years. get over it, support axl or listen to your old bootlegs.

Yeah Slash is long gone but here's a reality check for ya.... Axl has done fuck all since Slash left. Other than have a ?few demos leak and do two tours(one failed) which were/are loaded with material that Slash wrote he's proven absolutely nothing. ?Stop kidding yourself by pretending Axl has had this amazing career post Slash, Duff and izzy becasue it's just not the case. "Far from it" doesn't even begin to describe it.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2006, 04:34:49 PM »

And these talks went on about other bands as well when they broke up and brought in different people.  These talks will always go on, but you know what.......it all comes down to the music, and time.  If Axl continues with this band and they eventually put out successful albums and tours, eventually more and more people will accept them for Guns N Roses.  And the kids who are growing up who are 10-18 years old will only know Guns N Roses as who they are today.  Guns N Roses is a name, and just that.  If whoever is in the band puts out good music, then Guns N Roses is legit.  Lets say this happens for example...Over the next 6 years, Guns N Roses with Axl, Richard, Ron, Tommy, Dizzy, Chris, Izzy, Robin, and Brain do very well, selling millions of cd's and putting out numerous number 1 hits.  10 years from now, are people going to be saying "oh, GNR is Axl and Slash"...No, some people will be comparing the two different bands who remember them, but most people will just be saying "GNR is awesome!"   

So that's what I have to say....GNR is fuckin awesome!  Not GNR is Axl or GNR is Slash! 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2006, 06:37:53 PM »

I think so. Plenty of bands have got new singers.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2006, 06:45:34 PM »

This is turning into should Axl call the band GNR. A sure way for this topic to be locked or into the dead horse section.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: