Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:14:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  GNR without Axl Rose
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR without Axl Rose  (Read 20535 times)
GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: July 29, 2006, 10:18:34 AM »

As we all know, everyone is in support of Axl Rose and the new GNR.  But here's one thing I've always wondered.  Would we still support the band if Slash, Duff and Matt had kicked Axl out, bought the rights to the GNR name and kept the band going with a new singer?  Some argue that Axl Rose is not Guns N' Roses while some think it's ok.  On the flip side, would it have been ok for Guns N' Roses to live on without Axl Rose as the front man?  Which scenario is better?  To this day, people out there associate Axl and Slash as the core of Guns N' Roses.

I'm curious to see what everyone thinks...
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 10:21:17 AM »

The new band works because Axl found good musicians to replace Slash, Izzy, duff, and Matt so if they could find some one good enough to replace Axl (which I doubt they could) I would support them

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 10:22:49 AM »

No denying that Axl's voice is a major player (as is the voice of any front man).

We have VR who I have to say musically are more my style, (listen to Slither Demo and that has some of the best guitar work ive heard from slash) but Axl's voice would be missed too much. that is why VR is a different band, wheras new GNR can hold onto being GNR because of Axl

Fish
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 10:23:54 AM »

obviously no...
axl is the voice, heart and soul of GNR.. he is the mastermind
VR has duff, slash and matt and in any way it could be GNR.... they were very very importnat but in the end they can be replaced in some ways
new GNR have another members and axl and is GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES!!!

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 10:23:59 AM »

well in that case i would have supported axl for sure.. he will always be my hero.. just like i like gnr better then vr today i would have liked axl better then gn'r if it would be like you were saying.. to me guns n roses is axl in first hand.. i hope people won't be bashing me now hihi
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 10:24:57 AM »

No one could ever sing the old GN'R tunes like Axl, period.
On the other hand, the new guys get the job done while playing what Slash and co. used to play, at least that's my opinion
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 10:27:35 AM »

If Slash, Duff and Izzy had kept the band going with a new singer it would have had more credibility than just Axl doing the same...

It wouldn't be easy, but Axl can be replaced, he's not GNR.

I'll download it !
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 10:33:38 AM »

If Slash, Duff and Izzy had kept the band going with a new singer it would have had more credibility than just Axl doing the same...

Totally agreed. No one person is GNR, even Axl. GNR ceased to exist years ago. The band name is GNR but the band is not.

But we've gone over that before.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 11:13:44 AM »

Axl is axl you cannot replace him...you know it
Origen
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 11:23:05 AM »

No in his opinion Axl can be replaced, accept other people have different opinions to you.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 11:34:37 AM »

obviously no...
axl is the voice, heart and soul of GNR.. he is the mastermind
VR has duff, slash and matt and in any way it could be GNR.... they were very very importnat but in the end they can be replaced in some ways
new GNR have another members and axl and is GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES!!!

please, he's  the voice and part of the 5.. I guess you guys would get finck to replace jimmy page too hihi I love when people are just axl rose fan boys and think cause he fronts the band it's gnr..

it's not gnr without axl rose, and it's not gnr without the other original 4....

I bet all the whoever owns the name is gnr BS would come to screeching halt if the ex members owned it rofl

The band broke up, we love axl but we don't need to call it gnr because it's NOT!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 11:35:14 AM »

Sure the same was said about david lee roth yet van halen did amazing afterwards
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 11:39:27 AM »

I bet this, if steven adler was the owner of the gnr name and they hit europe I bet the shows would still sell out.. That's the power of this name in certain markets...
Brody
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 11:42:59 AM »

I bet this, if steven adler was the owner of the gnr name and they hit europe I bet the shows would still sell out.. That's the power of this name in certain markets...

mike I agree with you and understand your reasoning on most things but seriously steven cant spell his own name..  He would not sell out.. haha
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2006, 11:45:10 AM »

There would be too much pressure on the singer...... it would have to be a wonder boy to make it allright... but lets face it, chances are GNR without axl would suck big time.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 11:45:40 AM »

mike I agree with you and understand your reasoning on most things but seriously steven cant spell his own name..? He would not sell out.. haha

My point was the gnr name is the strongest element over anything.. Doesn't matter who is in, that's my opinion..
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2006, 11:51:51 AM »

Axl and Izzy are Guns N' Fuckin Roses! Slash who??

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Origen
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 11:54:27 AM »

Axl and Izzy are Guns N' Fuckin Roses! Slash who??

That ignorance is somethink I just can't see the point of. OK Slash who you say, Slash the man that without him GnR would never have been as big as they were FACT, all members contributed somethink that made GnR great and without any one of them they would never have been what they were.
JAC185
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 11:59:05 AM »

Slash who??

Sl 'i wrote the incredible riffs and solos in songs such as Sweet Child O' Mine and November Rain and basically every GNR song you love' ash

I don't want to start the 'its not GNR without Slash thing again', but you can't deny how important Slash was (and still is) to GNR's legacy
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 12:01:51 PM »

Gn'R without Axl Rose is not Gn'R  Grin

----[lock thread]--------------------------
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: