Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:30:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  29th Wembely update here!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 29th Wembely update here!!!!  (Read 93620 times)
matbro1984
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #460 on: July 30, 2006, 12:20:22 PM »

Really, who the fuck are you little twats complaining about the show starting late?  WTF, this is not the "wine and cheese" symphony-my-shit-don't-stink-tribute-to-WHAM?  This is fucking dirty, whiskey drinkin, sex-drugs-rock-n-fukcin-gnfr-rocknroll?  What is this attitude that "conformity" is cool?  Are you kid's ten years old and scared of mummy?  Or, are you so young, that you never had a taste of decadence?  Get a hint--this board is "Here Today Gone to Hell," and GNR's first album is titled "Appetite for Destruction," which is chock full of songs about banging heroin, drinking moonshine, smoking everything under the sun, and then fucking until you get to Paradise City, and then do it again the next day. 

I don't care about your whiny little asses, and I hope to never read again, on a GNR board, about your mummy wanting to spank you because you had to stay out late at a rock n' roll concert.  Roll with the punches, and enjoy the nightlife you little wimps.   I have always felt, the best times in life, begin when the sun goes down!  GNR are the most dangerous band in the world--they built a world out of anarchy, not an excel spreadsheet and plastic pen guards to protect their freshly starched shirts. 

I hope they play until 2 in the morning tonight!!!  Get back to your NSYNC boards, and discuss your man-made idols and early evening shows over threre--where your can stick a watch up your arse and time it.

"I don't worry about nothing, cause worrying is a waste of my fucking time!!"

What a bell end - you sound like the biggest fanboy ever.

You totally missed the point:  this is about GNR, as much as it is Lemmy, the Stones, The Who, Wolfmother, or any Rock band for that matter.   If you want wine and cheese, a seated venue, and the show to start at 8:30 p.m. sharp, then why are you even on a GNR board?  Buy the CD's, and stay at home!  Quit coming on the board after a killer show, and complain about a dirty rock show starting after 10 p.m.  It's simple--either you rock, or you don't!  Go get some milk and cookies, and post on the American Idol board.
Seriously, the "go post on [insert generic pop shit here] board" is old. Clearly you are rocking so hard you're posting on the internet in the middle of the day just like the rest of us. Stop implying you're living some hard-rocking decadent lifestyle, and not just some mark (like too many people here) who can't separate Guns N Roses (the great music) from Axl Rose (the inconsiderate person).

Was it a killer show? Yes. I do not dispute that. However, you must appreciate that when 12,000 people have put money in his pockets you'd think he'd put in a bit more thought on his showtime. Not everyone can afford to spend all night partying - some of us have businesses to run or jobs to go to, children to look after, places to be.

Incidentally, I have also seen Motorhead, the Stones and The Who in recent years. All of them put on killer shows, and they all made it on stage on time. If Lemmy can make stage on time, why can't Axl?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 12:24:40 PM by matbro1984 » Logged
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #461 on: July 30, 2006, 12:22:21 PM »

@agropolus, GB consists of wales, scotland, england and that with N.Ireland is the UK.

Thanks for that explanation, I hope I won't forget that now Smiley
I thought Ireland was part of it too (not only N. Ireland)

Sorry ? Ireland part of what now ? dont be saying that stuff.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #462 on: July 30, 2006, 12:24:02 PM »

Really, who the fuck are you little twats complaining about the show starting late?? WTF, this is not the "wine and cheese" symphony-my-shit-don't-stink-tribute-to-WHAM?? This is fucking dirty, whiskey drinkin, sex-drugs-rock-n-fukcin-gnfr-rocknroll?? What is this attitude that "conformity" is cool?? Are you kid's ten years old and scared of mummy?? Or, are you so young, that you never had a taste of decadence?? Get a hint--this board is "Here Today Gone to Hell," and GNR's first album is titled "Appetite for Destruction," which is chock full of songs about banging heroin, drinking moonshine, smoking everything under the sun, and then fucking until you get to Paradise City, and then do it again the next day.?

I don't care about your whiny little asses, and I hope to never read again, on a GNR board, about your mummy wanting to spank you because you had to stay out late at a rock n' roll concert.? Roll with the punches, and enjoy the nightlife you little wimps.? ?I have always felt, the best times in life, begin when the sun goes down!? GNR are the most dangerous band in the world--they built a world out of anarchy, not an excel spreadsheet and plastic pen guards to protect their freshly starched shirts.?

I hope they play until 2 in the morning tonight!!!? Get back to your NSYNC boards, and discuss your man-made idols and early evening shows over threre--where your can stick a watch up your arse and time it.

"I don't worry about nothing, cause worrying is a waste of my fucking time!!"

What a bell end - you sound like the biggest fanboy ever.

You totally missed the point:? this is about GNR, as much as it is Lemmy, the Stones, The Who, Wolfmother, or any Rock band for that matter.? ?If you want wine and cheese, a seated venue, and the show to start at 8:30 p.m. sharp, then why are you even on a GNR board?? Buy the CD's, and stay at home!? Quit coming on the board after a killer show, and complain about a dirty rock show starting after 10 p.m.? It's simple--either you rock, or you don't!? Go get some milk and cookies, and post on the American Idol board.
Seriously, the "go post on [insert generic pop shit here] board" is old. Clearly you are rocking so hard you're posting on the internet in the middle of the day just like the rest of us. Stop implying you're living some hard-rocking decadent lifestyle, and not just some mark who can't separate Guns N Roses (the great music) from Axl Rose (the inconsiderate performer).

Was it a killer show? Yes. I do not dispute that. However, you must appreciate that when 12,000 people have put money in his pockets you'd think he'd put in a bit more thought on his showtime. Not everyone can afford to spend all night every night partying - some of us have businesses to run or jobs to go to, children to look after, places to be.

Incidentally, I have also seen Motorhead, the Stones and The Who in recent years. All of them put on killer shows, and they all made it on stage on time. If Lemmy can make stage on time, why can't Axl?

Actually there sir, I've seen Motorhead before and they went on 35 minutes late. ?I also waited 45 extra minutes to see Elton John in 2001. ?Shit happens....they're rock stars. ?They live that life so we can worship them. ?If you don't like it.....like it's been said, don't go.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #463 on: July 30, 2006, 12:25:49 PM »

regarding acoustic gig

I was there 

the most unbelievable experience of my life! im still in total shock. it was fucking insane. and yeah i have some awesome photos which im uploading now, and a few shoddy videos i tried to keep a steady hand for!

i am forever grateful for the person who made this happen, something i'll never forget.
from the poster cherry_bomb over at mygnr.com

she is uploading photos now
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #464 on: July 30, 2006, 12:27:24 PM »

you must appreciate that when 12,000 people have put money in his pockets you'd think he'd put in a bit more thought on his showtime. Not everyone can afford to spend all night every night partying - some of us have businesses to run or jobs to go to, children to look after, places to be

If you have something that is so important to do on a Saturday night, maybe you should be taking care of your responsibilities instead of buying tickets to a rock concert. By the way you still haven't answered the question about taking the 24-hour bus home. Apparently the idea is "condescending" to you, but do you understand the concept? Does London have 24-hour buses? Because if you take the night buses, you can get within walking distance of where you are going. It's a pretty simple concept.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
matbro1984
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #465 on: July 30, 2006, 12:32:28 PM »

you must appreciate that when 12,000 people have put money in his pockets you'd think he'd put in a bit more thought on his showtime. Not everyone can afford to spend all night every night partying - some of us have businesses to run or jobs to go to, children to look after, places to be

If you have something that is so important to do on a Saturday night, maybe you should be taking care of your responsibilities instead of buying tickets to a rock concert. By the way you still haven't answered the question about taking the 24-hour bus home. Apparently the idea is "condescending" to you, but do you understand the concept? Does London have 24-hour buses? Because if you take the night buses, you can get within walking distance of where you are going. It's a pretty simple concept.

Agreed r.e. Saturday night, but what if these responsibilities fall the following morning?

I said that telling me to 'learn to use a night bus' - or words to that effect - was condescending, you fucking dimwit. Did you even read the message? Indeed it is a simple concept, except a 65-minute tube journey translates into a 2h45 bus journey. Meaning that, whereas you could otherwise have expected to be home at 1-ish via tube (had he arrived and finished on time), you end up getting in at 4-ish.

I'm clearly arguing a losing debate against people like you - you just cannot fathom the fact that it's an inconvenience to finish the show so late, whereas I cannot understand the hero worship that blinkers your view of the man. I suppose I should be grateful he even showed up at all.

Right, that's that gripe out of my system. Over and out...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 12:40:31 PM by matbro1984 » Logged
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #466 on: July 30, 2006, 12:37:39 PM »

Agreed r.e. Saturday night, but what if these responsibilities fall the following morning?

I said that telling me to 'learn to use a night bus' - or words to that effect - was condescending, you fucking dimwit. Indeed it is a simple concept, except a 65-minute tube journey translates into a 2h45 bus journey. Meaning that, whereas you could otherwise have expected to be home at 1-ish via tube (had he arrived and finished on time), you end up getting in at 4-ish.

And people in hell want ice water.....what's the point?  If you're too much of a pansy to have to ride on a bus for an extra hour maybe you shouldn't be going to the big bad mean ole rock concert.  Stop being a crybaby.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #467 on: July 30, 2006, 12:50:49 PM »

The problem is that London has really shit night transport, because the tube is still running through old Victorian tunnels. So the maintainence has to be done at night, as there aren't parallel tunnels as in New York.

But I had patients to look after the day after I went to Hammersmith, getting home at 5- not that I'm complaining at all. It's a once in 4-year or more opportunity, and as a junior doctor I'm used to extreme sleep deprivation anyway!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #468 on: July 30, 2006, 01:04:31 PM »

you're lucky to be able to see the shows. Wink

@ nu gunner please don't be touchy. He's just saying he was uninformed about that to be nice to me, I bet.
I don't think I know the great details about foreign countries. do you?

Tank, go listen to it again-killer song. drool

If you say so...Yep.
Honestly not being a huge fan of stones, I haven't listened to sticky fingers for like several years...(Sorry mum actually it was me who broke the zip and not my brother. Embarrassed )
Still I was humming "brown sugar, how come you taste so good?" the day before yesterday in the kitchen.  As to the second song however...I completely forgot.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #469 on: July 30, 2006, 04:31:56 PM »

@agropolus, GB consists of wales, scotland, england and that with N.Ireland is the UK.

Thanks for that explanation, I hope I won't forget that now Smiley
I thought Ireland was part of it too (not only N. Ireland)

Say that to an Irish person and they'll give you a punch in the mouth. Ireland is not a part of Britain or the UK and hasn't been since 1921. Had to get that off my chest.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #470 on: July 30, 2006, 04:49:55 PM »

this show was disappointing. No Brian May. No Catcher in the Rye. No TWAT. No new songs we haven't heard before. No official release date announcement for cd. No playing or announcing of first single. This is why this Wembley show was and still is so disappointing. Axl failed to deliver the goods again. If there's anyone who doesn't see it this way then you are either "naive" "blind" or both. ?

Yes but he did play the Blues, IRS and Better. That's three new songs that most of the crowd hadn't heard before. More than what most bands play.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #471 on: July 30, 2006, 05:00:36 PM »

Has anyone mentioned the midgets yet? I think they were meant to come on during PC

One other thing..the venue lights were on during PC - not sure this is normal, I think the venue had got to the point where enough was enough.

Here today...ready to rock
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #472 on: July 30, 2006, 05:22:44 PM »

Really, who the fuck are you little twats complaining about the show starting late? ?WTF, this is not the "wine and cheese" symphony-my-shit-don't-stink-tribute-to-WHAM? ?This is fucking dirty, whiskey drinkin, sex-drugs-rock-n-fukcin-gnfr-rocknroll? ?

As I said, out come The Apologists. It doesn't matter what time Axl turns up, because it's Axl. Axl can do what he wants, because he's Axl. Axl can come on at 4am, because he's Axl.

Guess What? He LOVES people like you. You put up with whatever he does, and you love it, because it's Axl.  GYAFC - Izzy quit because he was fed up of Axl's laterunning eating any profit the band was making. I'm sure that IF I was in the band, I might very well be fired for thinking that turning up on time is a reasonable thing to do. 

Now, whose problem is it that Axl doesn't go on stage until 11pm and doesn't finish until 1.05am? Is it Axl's problem? No. of course not. It's for everyone who paid for a ticket to figure out. Doesn't matter if they chose not to drive, or have babysitters, or want to get home before 3am, or have to go to work in the morning. They can wait and be inconvienienced. Because it's Axl. And what he wants... he gets. And that's why I didn't go see them at Wembley, because if I went, I wouldn't get home until 7am if the show over-ran. Because Axl couldn't be bothered to turn up for a show and doesn't give a shit. The only thing stopping the show starting on time is the band themselves : THEY and NO ONE ELSE is responsible for habitual late-running.

If GNR really were as fucked up whiskey-drinking, drug taking, hooker-banging as you seem to think, they'd all be dead. Either that, or they'd have the constitution of superheroes were only Kryptonite can fell them. (And we all know, it's only Bon Jovi who has the Superman Tattooo... though he should have had his lifesize and on his chest if he was a super as he wants to be.)

Oh, and it's not whiskey in that whiskey bottle : it's a voice treatment so Axl can keep up his distinctive voice.

No doubt someone will say I'm pissed off because Mick Wall's Dad gets more pussy than I do or something, hmm, how very 1991.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #473 on: July 30, 2006, 05:31:25 PM »

...because if you take the night buses, you can get within walking distance of where you are going. It's a pretty simple concept.

Bullshit. I don't live in London. I can get to London and from London fairly easily until midnight. Walking distance home for me, from the very extent of the nightbus is 30 miles. Walking distance? If I don't mind getting home at 2 in the afternoon.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #474 on: July 30, 2006, 07:48:55 PM »

Ok, my review! Let me start by saying that i have been to alot of shows and this was by far the best, Axl was on true form as were the rest of the band and guests, everyone seemed to be having a great time and the audience was loving the show!

For people who complain about Axl being late and stranding people at Wembely on our way down to the venue there were notifications on the tube informing everyone that the band were not scheduled to finish until 1:30 and that there would not be any tube transport at that time. There really is no excuse for being stranded, learn how to use nightbusses, granted it took me over 3 hours to get home, via the club that the acoustic set was held in but thats a price im prepared to pay for seeing a truely amazing show.

We missed Bach as 18:00 was a bit to early for us, we got there and managed to catch the begining of Bullet for my Valentine who were basically being laughed at by everyone that was around me. I dont have anything against them its just not my type of music. The atmosphere was pretty electric, the crowed kept themselves entertained by chanting, clapping and then getting a huge mexican wave going round the arena, ive never seen that happen at a concert. 10:30 rolled around and the band were now an hour past their scheduled start time, some of the camera men came out and got a load of the girls in the arena to flash, typical GnR style, then around 10:50 the intro music started and everyone went insane. The sound was pretty good, there didnt seem to be any technical problems at all, Axls voice was pretty low in the mix sometimes but it wasnt really that noticable. The crowed was pretty good aswell, everyone in the seating areas was standing up, they only really sat down during the guitar solos but then picked up with the main songs. There was a secret acoustic show that took place at Caberet in Soho at 3am, tried my hardset to attend but trying to contact people at 2:30am was not happning, from what i heard though it was pretty good. Im not sure if Jarmo went, i ran into the HTGTH crew while coming out of the arena after sticking aroud and talking to some of the crew, they were going back into the arena so no idea what was going on there!

Setlist from what i can remember
Welcome to the Jungle
Its so Easy
Mr Brownstone
Live and Let Die
Robin Solo
Sweet Child o Mine
Knockin on Heavens Door
Better
Dizzy Solo
The Blues
Robin and Richard Beautiful
Think About You
Dont Cry Ron Solo
You Could Be Mine
Livin in The USA (UK) Beatles Cover
Unknown Song with Izzy
We are Sailing Rod Stewart Cover
My Michelle with Baz
November Rain
Rocket Queen
Nighttrain
IRS
Paradise City

Jonx

+ Out To Get me and Patience.

the show was really good... shorter solos, no Robin 2nd Solo etc ... new cover songs.. nice (and really small) audience.

look at the crowd just before GNR :  Undecided
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 07:52:29 PM by MrBrOwNsToNeR » Logged

matbro1984
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #475 on: July 31, 2006, 04:25:04 AM »

Really, who the fuck are you little twats complaining about the show starting late?  WTF, this is not the "wine and cheese" symphony-my-shit-don't-stink-tribute-to-WHAM?  This is fucking dirty, whiskey drinkin, sex-drugs-rock-n-fukcin-gnfr-rocknroll? 

As I said, out come The Apologists. It doesn't matter what time Axl turns up, because it's Axl. Axl can do what he wants, because he's Axl. Axl can come on at 4am, because he's Axl.

Guess What? He LOVES people like you. You put up with whatever he does, and you love it, because it's Axl.  GYAFC - Izzy quit because he was fed up of Axl's laterunning eating any profit the band was making. I'm sure that IF I was in the band, I might very well be fired for thinking that turning up on time is a reasonable thing to do. 

Now, whose problem is it that Axl doesn't go on stage until 11pm and doesn't finish until 1.05am? Is it Axl's problem? No. of course not. It's for everyone who paid for a ticket to figure out. Doesn't matter if they chose not to drive, or have babysitters, or want to get home before 3am, or have to go to work in the morning. They can wait and be inconvienienced. Because it's Axl. And what he wants... he gets. And that's why I didn't go see them at Wembley, because if I went, I wouldn't get home until 7am if the show over-ran. Because Axl couldn't be bothered to turn up for a show and doesn't give a shit. The only thing stopping the show starting on time is the band themselves : THEY and NO ONE ELSE is responsible for habitual late-running.

If GNR really were as fucked up whiskey-drinking, drug taking, hooker-banging as you seem to think, they'd all be dead. Either that, or they'd have the constitution of superheroes were only Kryptonite can fell them. (And we all know, it's only Bon Jovi who has the Superman Tattooo... though he should have had his lifesize and on his chest if he was a super as he wants to be.)

Oh, and it's not whiskey in that whiskey bottle : it's a voice treatment so Axl can keep up his distinctive voice.

No doubt someone will say I'm pissed off because Mick Wall's Dad gets more pussy than I do or something, hmm, how very 1991.

Beautifully put. Let the flaming begin...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #476 on: July 31, 2006, 04:34:22 AM »

Really, who the fuck are you little twats complaining about the show starting late?  WTF, this is not the "wine and cheese" symphony-my-shit-don't-stink-tribute-to-WHAM?  This is fucking dirty, whiskey drinkin, sex-drugs-rock-n-fukcin-gnfr-rocknroll? 

well...   izzy didn?t leave, because axl took the stage late dude hihi

and well....  i had to wait for 5 hours for the next train after the gig in holland... so what??   i bought a ticket to see gnr, not robbie williams....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #477 on: July 31, 2006, 05:25:00 AM »

OOooo, the old American Idol/Britney Spears/Robbie Williams argument.

Izzy was very vocal about the On Time issue. That was a major factor. As of course, was trying to be sober.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #478 on: July 31, 2006, 06:39:11 AM »

OOooo, the old American Idol/Britney Spears/Robbie Williams argument.

Izzy was very vocal about the On Time issue. That was a major factor. As of course, was trying to be sober.

i`m pretty sure izzy didn`t care about the money dude ok

and well.... if you`re pissed off because gnr start their shows late.... then so be it. but please keep it to yourself. i waited for almost 7 hours for them to show up in nijmegen, while the sun was burning like shit + the 5 hours in venlo i allready mentioned.... at rock am ring i had to wait for 13 hours. you`re obviously a member of this forum and not someone who bought the greatest hits yesterday. you know about axl`s lateness, so stop the bitching...  peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
bitch_slap_rappin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #479 on: July 31, 2006, 08:20:58 AM »

Everyone knows that GNR starts late and if public transportation is closing at midnight (which is incredibly lame btw, but that's another story) it might be a good idea to plan ahead, staying at a hotel, a friend's or something, take the night bus, get someone pick ya up - whatever!. If a GNR show is not important enough to endure a few hours waiting and delayed transport home, then don't go. How fuckin' simple can it be?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: