Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:28:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  29th Wembely update here!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 29th Wembely update here!!!!  (Read 93582 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #400 on: July 30, 2006, 05:30:33 AM »

So they played Rod Stewarts (we are) Sailing. Thats so weird, as about 2 or 3 years ago i post on HTDGTH that i had an old version of Novemberain and the tune sounds just like We are Sailing.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 05:33:31 AM by codenameninja » Logged
bobblehat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #401 on: July 30, 2006, 05:40:51 AM »

Just read she thinks the title had "3 words" and that she thinks it was "Rhiad And The Bedoiuns".

Isn't that 4 words? Huh

Yes!  hihi

Hush. We all make mistakes. Tongue
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #402 on: July 30, 2006, 05:47:51 AM »

Could it have been Catcher In The Rye, Bobblehat? Was it a rocker?
bobblehat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #403 on: July 30, 2006, 05:54:42 AM »

No, it was quite mellow... and a bit boring, to be honest. It's probably why I've forgotten the lyrics and title. I'm a bit shit, aren't I? Cheesy
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #404 on: July 30, 2006, 06:02:18 AM »

No, it was quite mellow... and a bit boring, to be honest. It's probably why I've forgotten the lyrics and title. I'm a bit shit, aren't I? Cheesy

Maybe it was a cover.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #405 on: July 30, 2006, 06:13:33 AM »

I was on the railing far stage left- about 15 feet from the wall.  2 things:

1)  At 6.50 PM, Ron came out with a hot blonde (I presume his girlfriend) and about half a dozen cookies.  He gave a cookie to myself and a few others in the front row saying, "Have a cookie courtesy of Guns N' Roses- enjoy the show."  Some didn't know who he was, I and some others did, and we chatted about how great the tour is going, etc.  He was in a very good mood.
2)  During Rocket Queen, there were 6-10 smoking hot girls lined up in the backstage area, all dressed very stripper-like.  The crew had two platforms they started to bring on stage during the song, but after some confusion, the girls were sent back and the crew simply walked from one side of the stage to the other with the platforms as Axl went to talk to Merck on the side.  I assume the plan was for the girls to dance; I couldn't tell what went wrong.

I saw them in NYC, Lisbon, Hammersmith, Donningston, and last night.  Every show gets better- they're more of a true band, they're having fun, and Axl keeps sounding better. 

You're so right about the band just getter better with every show and by the way it was great to meet you and chat about NY and Hammersmith etc.  Being a shortie, I really appreciated the way you stopped me getting pushed by the crowd behind - thanks so much for that, you're a star!

Maybe run into you at MSG one dayin the not too distant future.   Wink

I love it when Axl mucks about with the band, like when he got us to chant "Cheer up, Tommy," to him, and then change it to "Cheer up, motherfucker."  I don't know if there was a reason behind it but it sure made him laugh.

Anyway, thanks again - and also to all the other cool people I met (both old and new) in the pub for a pre-show bevy - it was a lot of fun and see you all again tonight.   ok

cyllan

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #406 on: July 30, 2006, 06:20:44 AM »

On one of the VR forums, someone claims that a new song called 'Love And Laughter' got leaked a few hours ago; maybe this was what they played at the acoustic show? confused

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #407 on: July 30, 2006, 06:21:13 AM »

On one of the VR forums, someone claims that a new song called 'Love And Laughter' got leaked a few hours ago; maybe this was what they played at the acoustic show? confused

that's fake

markreed
Rocker

« Reply #408 on: July 30, 2006, 06:29:23 AM »

So they came on late. People left before the end of the show because Axl doesn't have a watch. The people who stayed were stranded 10 miles out of London with no trains home. And the band play an acoustic gig somewhere to 40 people? Sounds kind of like the way Prince treats his fans, except that Prince puts out music.

Maybe Axl has too many "yes" men. Someone should let him know that the 10,000 people who come to the gigs don't all live nearby, and some need to go home at a certain time. I wonder how much money in fines Axl has paid because he's repeatedly late. Venue curfews are expensive.

Bring on the Apologists, for whom Axl can do no wrong.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #409 on: July 30, 2006, 06:34:10 AM »

^ I wasn't overly impressed with the lateness last night, but if you're gonna go on late, you need to have the chops to pull it off and put on a great show. Anybody who was at last night's show and says it wasn't great is either lying or has their head up their ass.

Give Peace A Chance...
anythinggoes
« Reply #410 on: July 30, 2006, 06:34:49 AM »

that's fake

is that confirmed
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #411 on: July 30, 2006, 06:37:51 AM »

that's fake

is that confirmed

I don't know but it sounds like complete crap, not Axl

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #412 on: July 30, 2006, 06:38:54 AM »

^ I wasn't overly impressed with the lateness last night, but if you're gonna go on late, you need to have the chops to pull it off and put on a great show. Anybody who was at last night's show and says it wasn't great is either lying or has their head up their ass.

But not everyone was able to enjoy it till the end.... due to the lateness!
I spoke to one of the drivers who were taking them to the Arena and he said they were told Axl would be down at 8. He only came out at 10 pm.
anythinggoes
« Reply #413 on: July 30, 2006, 06:40:13 AM »

that's fake

is that confirmed

which one did you hear the one which sounds a mess with two songs over each other ot the cleaner version
Origen
« Reply #414 on: July 30, 2006, 06:42:00 AM »

that's fake

is that confirmed

Well they said a new leak came today called  `Love and Laughter' ,isn't it abit of a coincidence that the night after GnR play an acoustic show with a new song being debuted and someone saying it was 3 words long. I think it must be it, although I havn't heard any audio of anythink yet.
anythinggoes
« Reply #415 on: July 30, 2006, 06:43:24 AM »

i got it at 8.00pm last night
Origen
« Reply #416 on: July 30, 2006, 06:44:17 AM »

Before the actually acoustic show? OK never mind then that's my theory fucked.
anythinggoes
« Reply #417 on: July 30, 2006, 06:45:25 AM »

Before the actually acoustic show? OK never mind then that's my theory fucked.

sorry 10.00 but yes before either of the shows
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #418 on: July 30, 2006, 06:45:50 AM »

So is it fake? Huh

Give Peace A Chance...
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #419 on: July 30, 2006, 06:57:11 AM »

.for the next Gn'R gig all the fans should turn up 1 hour after Gn'R hit the stage  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: