Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:30:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  29th Wembely update here!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 29th Wembely update here!!!!  (Read 93611 times)
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #380 on: July 30, 2006, 01:38:10 AM »

so any more news on this supposed 3am gig coz if it's happening, it'll be in 20 minutes

25? Kiss

Do we even know where it's going to be if it happens?
No idea where it is Mandy or how the lottery people were selected. Sad

Just back from the show, perhaps I can shed a little light on the lottery selection.? Axl announces from the stage that they are playing two shows tonight, this one and another acoustic set in a club at 3 am.? He said that people had been selected at random from their ticket purchases.? He read out about 10 names from a list he had and then a little later about another 10 names.? These people (plus whoever else they'd booked tickets for, I think) were to go and get a wristband to get them into the club.? The final name he read out, at the end of the show, was for an all expenses paid trip to see the band in September in California.? At least that's the way it sounded to me.

Was a truly great show, by the way.? ok

that is sooo NOT rockstar....
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #381 on: July 30, 2006, 01:41:04 AM »

Did they playe Riydah? I read somewhere that it sucked there, or something. If so, sweet!

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
flickn
« Reply #382 on: July 30, 2006, 01:46:45 AM »

Hope we'll get some good pics.? Fucking lucky ass people getting to go to that.? I'm just a little jealous.

Perhaps Fernando may be willing to share some   beer
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #383 on: July 30, 2006, 01:49:07 AM »

Hope we'll get some good pics.  Fucking lucky ass people getting to go to that.  I'm just a little jealous.

Perhaps Fernando may be willing to share some   beer

Yes that would be lovely.  Cool
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #384 on: July 30, 2006, 01:55:31 AM »

Did they playe Riydah? I read somewhere that it sucked there, or something. If so, sweet!
You'll find the setlist on page 12. No Riyadh though.

I'll download it !
Shirell
« Reply #385 on: July 30, 2006, 02:20:05 AM »

OMG That must have been a kick ass show!  My stepsons mate is not allowed to go down for the 30th show so I'm stepping into the fray and going with him instead.  Going down this morning, spending the next couple of days down there with some friends.  Looking forward to the show if its anything like this one I wouldnt miss it if my leg was hanging off!
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #386 on: July 30, 2006, 02:25:26 AM »

Kudos to bobblehat at mygnr!!!!

I've not posted before so you may not believe the following account of tonight, but it's all true! I was at the Wembley gig tonight and my sister had her name read out by Axl. We were in a state of shock for a few minutes before we got off our arses and went looking for our wristbands. A group of people gathered outside S1 section and lucky us, none of the security people had any idea about an acoustic gig. After much walking around and trying to get info on what we had to do, we were told to watch the rest of the show and then to meet at section N1 when people had left the arena where we would be taken down to the standing area (strangely, most of the people who won were in section S8 and had bought their tickets within the last few days).

The winners had to provide photo ID or they wouldn't be allowed their pass (not wristbands like Axl said). We were then given an envelope with the pass and info on the venue. The show was held at Cuckoo club just off Regents Street, so a group of the winners all went and got a night bus to Regents Street as there were no taxi's to be seen! If any of the people that travelled with me to the show read this, please PM me as you were all so nice and it's a shame we didn't get to see each other after the show. I was the girl who kept making you walk to different bus stops. biggrin.gif

The club was tiny and the show was just amazing. Sebastian Bach was stood next to me for a long time and he was rocking out to I.R.S and handing cigarettes to Axl. The show started about 4:00am and finished at 5:30am. The songs I can remember being played are (not in order):

Knocking On Heaven's Door
Sailing
Welcome To The Jungle
Sweet Child O' Mine
I.R.S
Used To Love Her
Nightrain
You're Crazy
Mr Brownstone
Paradise City
Patience

There were a few more but I am drawing a blank at the moment. The show was fully filmed by the band's crew, so hopefully it will surface at some point. People took loads of photos so they should surface too.

It was a brilliant and surreal night and I am absolutely knackered but very happy and lucky to have been there. If you have any questions I'll try to answer them but don't shout at me if I can't.

P.S No one got a free CD. smile.gif

Cheesy

Fucked up and out of place
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #387 on: July 30, 2006, 02:29:51 AM »

Suhweet.  The person forgot a few songs, i wonder what they were?
EFISH
« Reply #388 on: July 30, 2006, 02:30:05 AM »

holy shit.. thats amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

must have been a stunning night for those few who got in
kerry
« Reply #389 on: July 30, 2006, 02:45:39 AM »

Rockin show!!!!!!!!!!! ok
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #390 on: July 30, 2006, 04:11:36 AM »

Forgot to mention before (don't think it's alredy been posted) that Axl changed the lyrics to 'Back in the USSR' to 'Back in the fucking UK'.  Oh and told the band they'd have to help him sing the "English songs" (as he called the covers) and then laughingly called them 'plonkers'.  Been watching too much Only Fools whilst over here, I think!   Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #391 on: July 30, 2006, 04:35:38 AM »

20.000 i guess

10,000 ok

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #392 on: July 30, 2006, 04:48:43 AM »

Kudos to bobblehat at mygnr!!!!

I've not posted before so you may not believe the following account of tonight, but it's all true! I was at the Wembley gig tonight and my sister had her name read out by Axl. We were in a state of shock for a few minutes before we got off our arses and went looking for our wristbands. A group of people gathered outside S1 section and lucky us, none of the security people had any idea about an acoustic gig. After much walking around and trying to get info on what we had to do, we were told to watch the rest of the show and then to meet at section N1 when people had left the arena where we would be taken down to the standing area (strangely, most of the people who won were in section S8 and had bought their tickets within the last few days).

The winners had to provide photo ID or they wouldn't be allowed their pass (not wristbands like Axl said). We were then given an envelope with the pass and info on the venue. The show was held at Cuckoo club just off Regents Street, so a group of the winners all went and got a night bus to Regents Street as there were no taxi's to be seen! If any of the people that travelled with me to the show read this, please PM me as you were all so nice and it's a shame we didn't get to see each other after the show. I was the girl who kept making you walk to different bus stops. biggrin.gif

The club was tiny and the show was just amazing. Sebastian Bach was stood next to me for a long time and he was rocking out to I.R.S and handing cigarettes to Axl. The show started about 4:00am and finished at 5:30am. The songs I can remember being played are (not in order):

Knocking On Heaven's Door
Sailing
Welcome To The Jungle
Sweet Child O' Mine
I.R.S
Used To Love Her
Nightrain
You're Crazy
Mr Brownstone
Paradise City
Patience

There were a few more but I am drawing a blank at the moment. The show was fully filmed by the band's crew, so hopefully it will surface at some point. People took loads of photos so they should surface too.

It was a brilliant and surreal night and I am absolutely knackered but very happy and lucky to have been there. If you have any questions I'll try to answer them but don't shout at me if I can't.

P.S No one got a free CD. smile.gif

Cheesy
She is also claiming they played a brand new song.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #393 on: July 30, 2006, 04:50:42 AM »

Forgot to mention before (don't think it's alredy been posted) that Axl changed the lyrics to 'Back in the USSR' to 'Back in the fucking UK'.  Oh and told the band they'd have to help him sing the "English songs" (as he called the covers) and then laughingly called them 'plonkers'.  Been watching too much Only Fools whilst over here, I think!   Grin

Grin

Those covers were awesome. Grin

Another great show, the band were really in the groove last night. Grin

And I hope I wasn't the only person who noticed that Dizzy's piano solo was the outro part of 'Locomotive', absolutely sublime. beer

Give Peace A Chance...
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #394 on: July 30, 2006, 04:59:20 AM »

wow,sounds like  a great show..and it was really cool of them to play a acoustic gig! beer
i would love to go to tonights show drool but i will be away the whole next week,so i will miss the updates and everything.. Cry

And I hope I wasn't the only person who noticed that Dizzy's piano solo was the outro part of 'Locomotive', absolutely sublime. beer

wow..and with Ron playing Don't Cry,maybe we're in for an updated setlist at the US tour? drool

shit happens when you party naked
Evolution
« Reply #395 on: July 30, 2006, 04:59:29 AM »

Just read she thinks the title had "3 words" and that she thinks it was "Rhiad And The Bedoiuns".
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #396 on: July 30, 2006, 05:00:45 AM »

Just read she thinks the title had "3 words" and that she thinks it was "Rhiad And The Bedoiuns".

Isn't that 4 words? Huh

Give Peace A Chance...
Origen
« Reply #397 on: July 30, 2006, 05:02:52 AM »

Does anyone know the full setlist for the acoustic show? because the setlist above is incomplete according to the person.
Evolution
« Reply #398 on: July 30, 2006, 05:06:02 AM »

Isn't that 4 words? Huh

Yes!  hihi
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #399 on: July 30, 2006, 05:19:54 AM »

I was on the railing far stage left- about 15 feet from the wall.  2 things:

1)  At 6.50 PM, Ron came out with a hot blonde (I presume his girlfriend) and about half a dozen cookies.  He gave a cookie to myself and a few others in the front row saying, "Have a cookie courtesy of Guns N' Roses- enjoy the show."  Some didn't know who he was, I and some others did, and we chatted about how great the tour is going, etc.  He was in a very good mood.
2)  During Rocket Queen, there were 6-10 smoking hot girls lined up in the backstage area, all dressed very stripper-like.  The crew had two platforms they started to bring on stage during the song, but after some confusion, the girls were sent back and the crew simply walked from one side of the stage to the other with the platforms as Axl went to talk to Merck on the side.  I assume the plan was for the girls to dance; I couldn't tell what went wrong.

I saw them in NYC, Lisbon, Hammersmith, Donningston, and last night.  Every show gets better- they're more of a true band, they're having fun, and Axl keeps sounding better. 

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: