Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:35:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  29th Wembely update here!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 29th Wembely update here!!!!  (Read 93697 times)
matbro1984
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #360 on: July 29, 2006, 11:00:43 PM »

God dammit, how hard is it for Axl to show up at a reasonable hour? The second London gig in a row, he shows up sufficiently late that everyone misses the last trains. (And Wembley is a good 60+ minutes by bus from the centre of London)

I LOVED the music, but the man behind really knows how to act like an inconsiderate prick

On a side note, did anyone else see that 40+ year old woman on titty-cam? no

Also, take it from me that NME's review of the gig will be VERY good, given their reporter's gushing praise for him (overheard on the bus ride back into Central London). I think they knew where the secret gig was taking place, but wouldn't tell anyone else... bitches...
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #361 on: July 29, 2006, 11:09:56 PM »

so how does Axl acousticallly say, "Do you know where the fuck you arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?"

Grin
Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #362 on: July 29, 2006, 11:14:12 PM »

Stop moaning about the lateness!!! Nearly 3hrs of a stunning performance. Midnight Mile, Back in the USSR & Sailing. I've seen them 4 times & this was the best yet. Disappointing reaction from the crowd for the new songs but otherwise an amazing gig.

If you don't realise by now that axl never turns up on time then it's your own stupid fault for buying the ticket. I've just paid a 70 quid cab fair but don't give a flying fuck as that concert was outstanding!!!

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #363 on: July 29, 2006, 11:30:59 PM »

Sailing promo video from 1975--corny, but the song is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJeUqrnP1HA&mode=related&search=Rod%20Stewart%2BFaces
Gnr_man202
Headliner

...CD comes out when?

« Reply #364 on: July 29, 2006, 11:33:55 PM »

so how does Axl acousticallly say, "Do you know where the fuck you arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?"

Grin
He whispers it?  Grin

CD came out?!!!! CD came out?!!!!!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #365 on: July 29, 2006, 11:43:05 PM »

I'm very impressed with the covers tonight........great selection of songs also..Sway would have done it for me........maybe Back in the USSR was a tribute to poor Sir Paul who's about to lose half of 1.5 billion dollars in his divorce  Tongue  Either way....doing these covers should prove to the haters that the band is versatile and can click together.  Great stuff.  Kudos Axl and good luck on the acoustic show.  And Welcome to the Jungle acoustically would be interesting to hear......I try to play it acoustically and it just sounds all smooshy.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #366 on: July 30, 2006, 12:12:26 AM »

I'm very impressed with the covers tonight........great selection of songs also..Sway would have done it for me........maybe Back in the USSR was a tribute to poor Sir Paul who's about to lose half of 1.5 billion dollars in his divorce  Tongue  Either way....doing these covers should prove to the haters that the band is versatile and can click together.  Great stuff.  Kudos Axl and good luck on the acoustic show.  And Welcome to the Jungle acoustically would be interesting to hear......I try to play it acoustically and it just sounds all smooshy.

yeah I'm impressed to! Hell, even the Stones dont play Sway often. In fact the first time they played it was on the current tour
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #367 on: July 30, 2006, 12:16:21 AM »

The covers were great tonight.  Keep doing them. It's fun to watch bands play other bands songs.
user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #368 on: July 30, 2006, 12:18:02 AM »

It's good to know that they are expanding the dynamics of their setlist. Even if it is covers, its still good to know they are starting to mix it up a bit.
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #369 on: July 30, 2006, 12:18:32 AM »

I really don't understand the people that complains about the setlist and the gig today.. what did you expect? no one ever said Brian May was going to be there, or that they would play new songs, or CITR, or give a release date or anything like that.. you set yourself to dissapointment instead of enjoying what is actually real.. you called us naive, and I think you're the naive one.. who thinks every little rumour is going to became true..

keep dreamin and prepare yourself for more desillusions..

the rest of us choose to enjoy the moment instead of worrying about what might/should happen

btw, sounds like an amazing concert tonight uh? and wow what a way to end it with the lottery and the acoustic gig!!! peace

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #370 on: July 30, 2006, 12:21:22 AM »

It's fun to watch bands play other bands songs.

If there is any band in the world right now that should be good at this it is the current incarnation of GNR. hihi
flickn
« Reply #371 on: July 30, 2006, 12:21:43 AM »

axl stumbles in late as usall, people miss the tube home, to leave early before set is done,no mention of cd dropping . and a raffle was called after people started walking out

are we making a quick buck off of oldies but goodies ?At this time next year will GNR still be relevant?

willl slash and dufff be laughing all the way to the bank ?

hmmmmmmm
benchiefjr
« Reply #372 on: July 30, 2006, 12:26:42 AM »

I really don't understand the people that complains about the setlist and the gig today.. what did you expect? no one ever said Brian May was going to be there, or that they would play new songs, or CITR, or give a release date or anything like that.. you set yourself to dissapointment instead of enjoying what is actually real.. you called us naive, and I think you're the naive one.. who thinks every little rumour is going to became true..

the rest of us choose to enjoy the moment instead of worrying about what might/should happen

btw, sounds like an amazing concert tonight uh? and wow what a way to end it with the lottery and the acoustic gig!!! peace
I believe a Bumblefoot e-mail was posted that hinted something might happen at one of these two concerts.  I will be pissed if nothing is said tomorrow, i just didn't like the setlist today for the lack of TWAT, Maddy, CD, or even Riyadh.
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #373 on: July 30, 2006, 12:34:37 AM »

THANK GOD THIS SONG HAS NOT BIN PLAYED SINCE 1,21,02 I THINK IT SUCKS? ?Riyad

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
benchiefjr
« Reply #374 on: July 30, 2006, 12:42:23 AM »

THANK GOD THIS SONG HAS NOT BIN PLAYED SINCE 1,21,02 I THINK IT SUCKS? ?Riyad
considering the thing was a mess and clearly wasn't finished, then of course it sucked.  But it has potential.
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #375 on: July 30, 2006, 01:04:24 AM »

Did we get confirmation if that acoustic gig went down or not?
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #376 on: July 30, 2006, 01:14:04 AM »

totally agree with you

i mean, i cannot belive that people still request unheard songs, they arent going to play them until cd come out
or a song leaks and gets massive attention like better twat or irs,

but getting back to what you ve said, you are totally right, people worry too much
i mean the show tonight was a kick ass show, nice stones covers, the classics, izzy guest again
i dont know why people find something always to complain
benchiefjr
« Reply #377 on: July 30, 2006, 01:15:44 AM »

Thomase on mygnrforum said that they're playing right now...but didn't say how he heard or if he knew anyone there...he's a good poster over there though. ?We'll see in the morning. peace
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #378 on: July 30, 2006, 01:21:49 AM »

Are they still playing ?

I'll download it !
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #379 on: July 30, 2006, 01:24:52 AM »

Hope we'll get some good pics.  Fucking lucky ass people getting to go to that.  I'm just a little jealous.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: