Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:30:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  29th Wembely update here!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 29th Wembely update here!!!!  (Read 93610 times)
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #300 on: July 29, 2006, 09:28:11 PM »

Theillusion, are you sure your a fan???

being a fan means giving a damm about the band you love and slagging them off isnt the way to do it. Axl wont play all the new songs cause theres a thing called Downloading, as people will upload them and axl would get pissed off, so axl does whats best for the band. Believe in Axl, he will deliver the goods
who cares if people download them? if i was axl i wouldnt because millions will still buy the cd whether it gets fully leaked to the internet or not. since gnr is supposedly the most popular band in the world then it shouldnt matter since based on that popularity millions of people will still buy the album. which means axl should give the fans what they really want finally tomorrow night by playing the whole cd. because that is really what's called "delivering the goods"
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #301 on: July 29, 2006, 09:29:06 PM »

Sounds like it was an awesome set list. ? ok

Theillusion- If they played the entire CD, most of the audience would be bored cuz they've never heard the songs before. ?Except for us few here, people at a GNR concert want to hear the hits, they don't want to hear a bunch of new material tht they can't sing along to.

And Yes, I will still love GNR if (and when) they DON'T play a new song tomorrow or announce a release date. ?Personally I don't think they WILL do anything like that. ?The tour will end, they will go back to the US to get their shit together, and then they MAY announce a release date when they have all the ducks in a row.

Can't wait to have everyone come back from this and give us some reviews! Grin
yeah covering a song by lame-o rod stewuart is awesome sure its awesome sure ?Roll Eyes thats a joke ?no its so sad its come to this for guns n roses live on stage so sad ?no because if they played the entire cd the audience would be the most excited giving the band the loudest ovation ever because gnr fans around the world and in wembley are dying to hear the entire cd they are craving to hear it. they wouldnt need to sing along to it because they would be too excited and happy hearing the new songs to even have time to do a sing along. but they wont have all their ducks in the row. how can they when they are touring from september to december in the fall 2006? how can the cd come out in the fall with this tour happening? i dont see it happening and more than likely it wont. thank you axl. thanks alot ?rant ? ?

Roll Eyes do you not understand that touring is a kind of promotion for a band??? or have you been too busy cutting your wrists? ?Roll Eyes

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2006, 09:30:42 PM »

Rule 1 - If 'theillusion' is listed as post author then do not waste time reading the post.

Rule 2 - Repeat rule 1 as and when required.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #303 on: July 29, 2006, 09:31:32 PM »

Rule 1 - If 'theillusion' is listed as post author then do not waste time reading the post.

Rule 2 - Repeat rule 1 as and when required.

absolutaly!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #304 on: July 29, 2006, 09:32:23 PM »

yeah covering a song by lame-o rod stewuart is awesome sure its awesome sure  Roll Eyes thats a joke  no its so sad its come to this for guns n roses live on stage so sad  no because if they played the entire cd the audience would be the most excited giving the band the loudest ovation ever because gnr fans around the world and in wembley are dying to hear the entire cd they are craving to hear it. they wouldnt need to sing along to it because they would be too excited and happy hearing the new songs to even have time to do a sing along. but they wont have all their ducks in the row. how can they when they are touring from september to december in the fall 2006? how can the cd come out in the fall with this tour happening? i dont see it happening and more than likely it wont. thank you axl. thanks alot  rant   

I'm torn between what annoys me most about you, but I think I'll settle on the fact that, like many others, you argue with so much conviction that I wonder to myself whether or not, surely, you cannot actually think like this; if you actually are as convinced in your own stance to the extent in which you convey it, then your narrow mindedness in itself tears down your argument!, how can you preach to the already converted of the 'open mind?' Your definitive views on what will happen or how people WILL feel is almost sad, that you can articulate poorly at best, makes me sure that a better man than me would probably feel sorry for you. Me?, I just find you annoying.

(Ha!, I don't know how that came out. I started with a stream of consciousness ramble, but I put in a few full stops. It's too late. My writing is probably equal to the quality of yours)

yawn yawn yawn

You should all do yourself a favour and just ignore theillusion's posts as they really ain't worth reading.

Yep, you got one thing right there buddy. I'm all for being against nu gunrar. Really I am!, but posts posted by said poster are just... You know, genuinely not worth reading.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #305 on: July 29, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »

Theillusion- If they played the entire CD, most of the audience would be bored cuz they've never heard the songs before. ?Except for us few here, people at a GNR concert want to hear the hits, they don't want to hear a bunch of new material tht they can't sing along to.

And Yes, I will still love GNR if (and when) they DON'T play a new song tomorrow or announce a release date. ?Personally I don't think they WILL do anything like that. ?The tour will end, they will go back to the US to get their shit together, and then they MAY announce a release date when they have all the ducks in a row.

yeah covering a song by lame-o rod stewuart is awesome sure its awesome sure ?Roll Eyes thats a joke ?no its so sad its come to this for guns n roses live on stage so sad ?no because if they played the entire cd the audience would be the most excited giving the band the loudest ovation ever because gnr fans around the world and in wembley are dying to hear the entire cd they are craving to hear it. they wouldnt need to sing along to it because they would be too excited and happy hearing the new songs to even have time to do a sing along. but they wont have all their ducks in the row. how can they when they are touring from september to december in the fall 2006? how can the cd come out in the fall with this tour happening? i dont see it happening and more than likely it wont. thank you axl. thanks alot ?rant ? ?

Roll Eyes do you not understand that touring is a kind of promotion for a band??? or have you been too busy cutting your wrists? ?Roll Eyes
i dont see this europe tour as promotion. i see this europe tour as another greatest hits tour with IRS/Better thrown in the mix like the greatest hits tour they had in the USA with madagascar/the blues thrown into the mix. that tour is the same as the 02 tour with more solos and covers which last time i checked aren't new gnr songs we should be hearing instead. if this tour was really promotion then at every show on this tour axl would have played the first single already. but he never has at any of these shows which means this is not a promotional tour it's just another greatest hits tour but europe style like it was for USA style in 2002. there is no promotion here. wheres the promotion? there is none. ?
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #306 on: July 29, 2006, 09:34:22 PM »

so any more news on this supposed 3am gig coz if it's happening, it'll be in 20 minutes
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #307 on: July 29, 2006, 09:36:19 PM »

so any more news on this supposed 3am gig coz if it's happening, it'll be in 20 minutes

25  Kiss

Do we even know where it's going to be if it happens?
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #308 on: July 29, 2006, 09:36:29 PM »

yeah covering a song by lame-o rod stewuart is awesome sure its awesome sure? Roll Eyes thats a joke? no its so sad its come to this for guns n roses live on stage so sad? no because if they played the entire cd the audience would be the most excited giving the band the loudest ovation ever because gnr fans around the world and in wembley are dying to hear the entire cd they are craving to hear it. they wouldnt need to sing along to it because they would be too excited and happy hearing the new songs to even have time to do a sing along. but they wont have all their ducks in the row. how can they when they are touring from september to december in the fall 2006? how can the cd come out in the fall with this tour happening? i dont see it happening and more than likely it wont. thank you axl. thanks alot? rant? ?

I'm torn between what annoys me most about you, but I think I'll settle on the fact that, like many others, you argue with so much conviction that I wonder to myself whether or not, surely, you cannot actually think like this; if you actually are as convinced in your own stance to the extent in which you convey it, then your narrow mindedness in itself tears down your argument!, how can you preach to the already converted of the 'open mind?' Your definitive views on what will happen or how people WILL feel is almost sad, that you can articulate poorly at best, makes me sure that a better man than me would probably feel sorry for you. Me?, I just find you annoying.

(Ha!, I don't know how that came out. I started with a stream of consciousness ramble, but I put in a few full stops. It's too late. My writing is probably equal to the quality of yours)

yawn yawn yawn

You should all do yourself a favour and just ignore theillusion's posts as they really ain't worth reading.

Yep, you got one thing right there buddy. I'm all for being against nu gunrar. Really I am!, but posts posted by said poster are just... You know, genuinely not worth reading.
what annoys me is you won't see the truth, Jim ?Roll Eyes
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #309 on: July 29, 2006, 09:36:51 PM »

25? Kiss

Someone said the AKA club?  No clue if that's the right way to type it hihi

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #310 on: July 29, 2006, 09:37:30 PM »

25  Kiss

No idea where it is Mandy or how the lottery people were selected. Sad

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #311 on: July 29, 2006, 09:37:39 PM »

25? Kiss

Someone said the AKA club?? No clue if that's the right way to type it hihi

Oooooh! When they said AKA I thought they meant "also known as" ?hihi
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #312 on: July 29, 2006, 09:39:33 PM »

what annoys me is you won't see the truth, Jim  Roll Eyes

Oh, I don't doubt that the truth is out there. But people like yourself work purely on conjecture (as do your opposites)! You're heading down the wrong road son.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #313 on: July 29, 2006, 09:40:02 PM »

25? Kiss

we could have a lot of fun with this. ?we could really conjure up a good fake show and make everyone think it was real and say that jarmo got a copy of CD hihi

on second though, better not. ?I like my 0 karma yes Grin
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #314 on: July 29, 2006, 09:52:41 PM »

i dont see this europe tour as promotion. i see this europe tour as another greatest hits tour with IRS/Better thrown in the mix like the greatest hits tour they had in the USA with madagascar/the blues thrown into the mix. that tour is the same as the 02 tour with more solos and covers which last time i checked aren't new gnr songs we should be hearing instead. if this tour was really promotion then at every show on this tour axl would have played the first single already. but he never has at any of these shows which means this is not a promotional tour it's just another greatest hits tour but europe style like it was for USA style in 2002. there is no promotion here. wheres the promotion? there is none. ?

i was acually talking about the fall USA tour, but take it as whatever you like cause frankly your opinions dont really interest me no

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
druss
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: July 29, 2006, 10:00:21 PM »

just got back from gig, this was my last one... Hammersmith, Dublin and tonight, GnR were amazing everytime, Dublin was my favorite because of the outdoor venue and  mosh pit but tonight was brilliant, good to see Izzy and Sailing was classic, only gutter was the no smoking and missed 'Think about You' (whilst smoking in toilet).... Axl still has the best voice in rock and roll!

Can't belive people expect more from a 40 year old, I think his voice is still as good as ever and the new albulm will be fucking amazing, IRS in the encore was class...

Off to bed now as I'm wasted but wanted to share the news.... what a great band.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #316 on: July 29, 2006, 10:04:26 PM »

25  Kiss

Just back from the show, perhaps I can shed a little light on the lottery selection.  Axl announces from the stage that they are playing two shows tonight, this one and another acoustic set in a club at 3 am.  He said that people had been selected at random from their ticket purchases.  He read out about 10 names from a list he had and then a little later about another 10 names.  These people (plus whoever else they'd booked tickets for, I think) were to go and get a wristband to get them into the club.  The final name he read out, at the end of the show, was for an all expenses paid trip to see the band in September in California.  At least that's the way it sounded to me.

Was a truly great show, by the way.  ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #317 on: July 29, 2006, 10:05:03 PM »

gotta love the stones covers Shocked  Cool

looks like a bang-up show, let's hope for a huge european sendoff tommorrow Cheesy

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #318 on: July 29, 2006, 10:05:40 PM »

just got back from gig, this was my last one... Hammersmith, Dublin and tonight, GnR were amazing everytime, Dublin was my favorite because of the outdoor venue and? mosh pit but tonight was brilliant, good to see Izzy and Sailing was classic, only gutter was the no smoking and missed 'Think about You' (whilst smoking in toilet).... Axl still has the best voice in rock and roll!

Can't belive people expect more from a 40 year old, I think his voice is still as good as ever and the new albulm will be fucking amazing, IRS in the encore was class...

Off to bed now as I'm wasted but wanted to share the news.... what a great band.

great news man, hopefully a full review tomorrow ?ok

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
EFISH
« Reply #319 on: July 29, 2006, 10:06:15 PM »

25? Kiss

Just back from the show, perhaps I can shed a little light on the lottery selection.? Axl announces from the stage that they are playing two shows tonight, this one and another acoustic set in a club at 3 am.? He said that people had been selected at random from their ticket purchases.? He read out about 10 names from a list he had and then a little later about another 10 names.? These people (plus whoever else they'd booked tickets for, I think) were to go and get a wristband to get them into the club.? The final name he read out, at the end of the show, was for an all expenses paid trip to see the band in September in California.? At least that's the way it sounded to me.

Was a truly great show, by the way.? ok

holy crap thats huge news!!! wow, cant wait to hear about this acosutic gig!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: