Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:22:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  29th Wembely update here!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 29th Wembely update here!!!!  (Read 93354 times)
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #280 on: July 29, 2006, 09:08:23 PM »

wow, sway is a fantastic song by the stones (and I am pretty sure GnR and/or Izzy have covered it before -- can anyone confirm?). And Sailing is a beautiful Stewart song.  Great choices.  I sure hope they show up on youtube.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2006, 09:08:32 PM »

No Brian May. No Catcher in the Rye. No TWAT.

Next show?

No new songs we haven't heard before.

Like Axl would give out any more stuff to be bootlegged prior to CD's release.? Get real.?

No official release date announcement for cd. No playing or announcing of first single.

Next show?

This is why this Wembley show was and still is so disappointing. Axl failed to deliver the goods again.

I'm sorry, I thought for him was to perform a set of songs and have a good time with the audience. Guest appearances, unreleased (not to mention unheard) material and various announcements are not mandatory in a rock concert last I checked.

If there's anyone who doesn't see it this way then you are either "naive" "blind" or both.

Nice to see you have such an open mind for anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Between you and me, you are a troll.? Grin

great answers man ok
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #282 on: July 29, 2006, 09:11:39 PM »

what is it with all the stones covers?.. yeah they are good songs but why only stones?.. who came up with the idea.. hey lets do a couple of stones songs with izzy.... maybe they are doing them 'cause they wanna play with the stones in america and play a couple of songs together with them or something not only open who knows..

i think that it was izzy's idea with the songs
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2006, 09:12:37 PM »

this show was disappointing. No Brian May. No Catcher in the Rye. No TWAT. No new songs we haven't heard before. No official release date announcement for cd. No playing or announcing of first single. This is why this Wembley show was and still is so disappointing. Axl failed to deliver the goods again. If there's anyone who doesn't see it this way then you are either "naive" "blind" or both. ?

sorry you view it that way.

you should have just gone to have fun and not worry about new songs or other stuff.

I am sorry but I don't see how anyone can NOT have a good time and fond memory of a GNR gig. ?Hell, even a riot and cancelation creates a memory that albeit may not be favorable but later down the line, you realize ...shit, I made history with GNR hihi
im even sorrier you view it the way you do. but look i didn't go to this show. im saying this based on the setlist, what happened, and what was said. which was not much on all counts. how can you not worry? there is still no official release date. a single still has not been released. still no playing/announcing of first single at any europe show including tonights at wembley. Brian May was expected but he never showed. Letting down everyone with high expectations to see him on stage perform Catcher with gnr. I can't have a good time because the CD is not out. The single is not out. these things can't be ignored or overlooked. im disappointed in you for turning your eyes to these sad facts. but no, no history was made with gnr because nothing has changed with gnr. since they will be touring in the USA in the fall it looks the cd won't come out again and axl will turn out to be bogus when saying it will come out this year he will look bogus! ?rant ? ? ?

relax dude!

people go to see GnR to have a good time, so what if there was no release date tonight, theres always tomorrow. That setlist was awesome and you must not be a fan if you disagree with a mega set like that. All axl is trying to do is please the fans with the music they love
it won't be announced tomorrow either. don't you get it? obviously you don't. the setlist was the same old same old. what are you talking about? you give new meaning with the term "swimming with the tide" it was bogus setlist. those covers were a joke. instead of covers more new songs should have been played instead. half of those dated appetite songs should have been cut in half for more new songs in their places. if axl wanted to please the gnr fans with music the love then he would have performed the entire cd and buried the oldies for good ?rant
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #284 on: July 29, 2006, 09:13:52 PM »

No Brian May. No Catcher in the Rye. No TWAT.

Next show?

No new songs we haven't heard before.

Like Axl would give out any more stuff to be bootlegged prior to CD's release.? Get real.?

No official release date announcement for cd. No playing or announcing of first single.

Next show?

This is why this Wembley show was and still is so disappointing. Axl failed to deliver the goods again.

I'm sorry, I thought for him was to perform a set of songs and have a good time with the audience. Guest appearances, unreleased (not to mention unheard) material and various announcements are not mandatory in a rock concert last I checked.

If there's anyone who doesn't see it this way then you are either "naive" "blind" or both.

Nice to see you have such an open mind for anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Between you and me, you are a troll.? Grin

great answers man ok
you won't be saying their so great when nothing changes after tomororw night either. you won't be saying they are this when the cd does  not come out this year and when a single doesn't come out this year. because by then you will be saying im great along with my answers for telling the truth.
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2006, 09:14:23 PM »

this show was disappointing. No Brian May. No Catcher in the Rye. No TWAT. No new songs we haven't heard before. No official release date announcement for cd. No playing or announcing of first single. This is why this Wembley show was and still is so disappointing. Axl failed to deliver the goods again. If there's anyone who doesn't see it this way then you are either "naive" "blind" or both. 

you should have just gone to have fun and not worry about new songs or other stuff.

I am sorry but I don't see how anyone can NOT have a good time and fond memory of a GNR gig.  Hell, even a riot and cancelation creates a memory that albeit may not be favorable but later down the line, you realize ...shit, I made history with GNR hihi
im even sorrier you view it the way you do. but look i didn't go to this show. im saying this based on the setlist, what happened, and what was said. which was not much on all counts. how can you not worry? there is still no official release date. a single still has not been released. still no playing/announcing of first single at any europe show including tonights at wembley. Brian May was expected but he never showed. Letting down everyone with high expectations to see him on stage perform Catcher with gnr. I can't have a good time because the CD is not out. The single is not out. these things can't be ignored or overlooked. im disappointed in you for turning your eyes to these sad facts. but no, no history was made with gnr because nothing has changed with gnr. since they will be touring in the USA in the fall it looks the cd won't come out again and axl will turn out to be bogus when saying it will come out this year he will look bogus!  rant     

relax dude!

people go to see GnR to have a good time, so what if there was no release date tonight, theres always tomorrow. That setlist was awesome and you must not be a fan if you disagree with a mega set like that. All axl is trying to do is please the fans with the music they love
it won't be announced tomorrow either. don't you get it? obviously you don't. the setlist was the same old same old. what are you talking about? you give new meaning with the term "swimming with the tide" it was bogus setlist. those covers were a joke. instead of covers more new songs should have been played instead. half of those dated appetite songs should have been cut in half for more new songs in their places. if axl wanted to please the gnr fans with music the love then he would have performed the entire cd and buried the oldies for good  rant

You ever been to a Harvester?

Be Aware of Legacy
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2006, 09:15:46 PM »

this show was disappointing. No Brian May. No Catcher in the Rye. No TWAT. No new songs we haven't heard before. No official release date announcement for cd. No playing or announcing of first single. This is why this Wembley show was and still is so disappointing. Axl failed to deliver the goods again. If there's anyone who doesn't see it this way then you are either "naive" "blind" or both. ?

I am sorry but I don't see how anyone can NOT have a good time and fond memory of a GNR gig. ?Hell, even a riot and cancelation creates a memory that albeit may not be favorable but later down the line, you realize ...shit, I made history with GNR hihi
im even sorrier you view it the way you do. but look i didn't go to this show. im saying this based on the setlist, what happened, and what was said. which was not much on all counts. how can you not worry? there is still no official release date. a single still has not been released. still no playing/announcing of first single at any europe show including tonights at wembley. Brian May was expected but he never showed. Letting down everyone with high expectations to see him on stage perform Catcher with gnr. I can't have a good time because the CD is not out. The single is not out. these things can't be ignored or overlooked. im disappointed in you for turning your eyes to these sad facts. but no, no history was made with gnr because nothing has changed with gnr. since they will be touring in the USA in the fall it looks the cd won't come out again and axl will turn out to be bogus when saying it will come out this year he will look bogus! ?rant ? ? ?

damn dude. ?you think waaaay the fuck too much about what Axl does or doesn't do.
focus on your own life fool. ?don't worry about gnr so much and maybe then when CD does come out you won't have wasted anytime waiting for it because you will be focused on you.
no because im a guns n roses fan. which means i focus on gnr fully. that is what being a gnr fan is all about. if the cd does not come out this year when it looks like it wont i will be shown right and you wrong. i will be right. right as a guns n roses fan.
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2006, 09:17:33 PM »

yawn yawn yawn

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #288 on: July 29, 2006, 09:18:08 PM »

Sounds like it was an awesome set list. ? ok

Theillusion- If they played the entire CD, most of the audience would be bored cuz they've never heard the songs before. ?Except for us few here, people at a GNR concert want to hear the hits, they don't want to hear a bunch of new material tht they can't sing along to.

And Yes, I will still love GNR if (and when) they DON'T play a new song tomorrow or announce a release date. ?Personally I don't think they WILL do anything like that. ?The tour will end, they will go back to the US to get their shit together, and then they MAY announce a release date when they have all the ducks in a row.

Can't wait to have everyone come back from this and give us some reviews! Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2006, 09:19:01 PM »

The reviews from this gig should be great Smiley

When you took everything

Baby Chaos
Headliner

« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2006, 09:19:32 PM »

this show was disappointing. No Brian May. No Catcher in the Rye. No TWAT. No new songs we haven't heard before. No official release date announcement for cd. No playing or announcing of first single. This is why this Wembley show was and still is so disappointing. Axl failed to deliver the goods again. If there's anyone who doesn't see it this way then you are either "naive" "blind" or both. 

I am sorry but I don't see how anyone can NOT have a good time and fond memory of a GNR gig.  Hell, even a riot and cancelation creates a memory that albeit may not be favorable but later down the line, you realize ...shit, I made history with GNR hihi
im even sorrier you view it the way you do. but look i didn't go to this show. im saying this based on the setlist, what happened, and what was said. which was not much on all counts. how can you not worry? there is still no official release date. a single still has not been released. still no playing/announcing of first single at any europe show including tonights at wembley. Brian May was expected but he never showed. Letting down everyone with high expectations to see him on stage perform Catcher with gnr. I can't have a good time because the CD is not out. The single is not out. these things can't be ignored or overlooked. im disappointed in you for turning your eyes to these sad facts. but no, no history was made with gnr because nothing has changed with gnr. since they will be touring in the USA in the fall it looks the cd won't come out again and axl will turn out to be bogus when saying it will come out this year he will look bogus!  rant     

damn dude.  you think waaaay the fuck too much about what Axl does or doesn't do.
focus on your own life fool.  don't worry about gnr so much and maybe then when CD does come out you won't have wasted anytime waiting for it because you will be focused on you.
no because im a guns n roses fan. which means i focus on gnr fully. that is what being a gnr fan is all about. if the cd does not come out this year when it looks like it wont i will be shown right and you wrong. i will be right. right as a guns n roses fan.

No mate. You're been a fool.

Being a fan is following something and accepting it regardless.

The direction you're heading is towards the Communist Party  ok

Be Aware of Legacy
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #291 on: July 29, 2006, 09:21:11 PM »

damn dude.  you think waaaay the fuck too much about what Axl does or doesn't do.
focus on your own life fool.  don't worry about gnr so much and maybe then when CD does come out you won't have wasted anytime waiting for it because you will be focused on you.

This is Queenie from gnr.proboards20.com right?
Baby Chaos
Headliner

« Reply #292 on: July 29, 2006, 09:21:46 PM »

Sounds like it was an awesome set list.   ok

Theillusion- If they played the entire CD, most of the audience would be bored cuz they've never heard the songs before.  Except for us few here, people at a GNR concert want to hear the hits, they don't want to hear a bunch of new material tht they can't sing along to.

And Yes, I will still love GNR if (and when) they DON'T play a new song tomorrow or announce a release date.  Personally I don't think they WILL do anything like that.  The tour will end, they will go back to the US to get their shit together, and then they MAY announce a release date when they have all the ducks in a row.

Halleluljah. Someone who talks sense amongst all you Yanks

Be Aware of Legacy
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #293 on: July 29, 2006, 09:22:39 PM »

Sounds like it was an awesome set list. ? ok

Theillusion- If they played the entire CD, most of the audience would be bored cuz they've never heard the songs before. ?Except for us few here, people at a GNR concert want to hear the hits, they don't want to hear a bunch of new material tht they can't sing along to.

And Yes, I will still love GNR if (and when) they DON'T play a new song tomorrow or announce a release date. ?Personally I don't think they WILL do anything like that. ?The tour will end, they will go back to the US to get their shit together, and then they MAY announce a release date when they have all the ducks in a row.

yeah covering a song by lame-o rod stewuart is awesome sure its awesome sure ?Roll Eyes thats a joke ?no its so sad its come to this for guns n roses live on stage so sad ?no because if they played the entire cd the audience would be the most excited giving the band the loudest ovation ever because gnr fans around the world and in wembley are dying to hear the entire cd they are craving to hear it. they wouldnt need to sing along to it because they would be too excited and happy hearing the new songs to even have time to do a sing along. but they wont have all their ducks in the row. how can they when they are touring from september to december in the fall 2006? how can the cd come out in the fall with this tour happening? i dont see it happening and more than likely it wont. thank you axl. thanks alot ?rant ? ?
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #294 on: July 29, 2006, 09:23:49 PM »

yawn yawn yawn

You should all do yourself a favour and just ignore theillusion's posts as they really ain't worth reading.

When you took everything

Chief
Legend

« Reply #295 on: July 29, 2006, 09:24:50 PM »

nah, they are going to be crappy because of how much the show sucked!!!    hihi rofl crying

The reviews from this gig should be great Smiley

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #296 on: July 29, 2006, 09:25:22 PM »

Theillusion, are you sure your a fan???

being a fan means giving a damm about the band you love and slagging them off isnt the way to do it. Axl wont play all the new songs cause theres a thing called Downloading, as people will upload them and axl would get pissed off, so axl does whats best for the band. Believe in Axl, he will deliver the goods

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #297 on: July 29, 2006, 09:25:36 PM »

Theillusion- If they played the entire CD, most of the audience would be bored cuz they've never heard the songs before.  Except for us few here, people at a GNR concert want to hear the hits, they don't want to hear a bunch of new material tht they can't sing along to.

And Yes, I will still love GNR if (and when) they DON'T play a new song tomorrow or announce a release date.  Personally I don't think they WILL do anything like that.  The tour will end, they will go back to the US to get their shit together, and then they MAY announce a release date when they have all the ducks in a row.

yeah covering a song by lame-o rod stewuart is awesome sure its awesome sure  Roll Eyes thats a joke  no its so sad its come to this for guns n roses live on stage so sad  no because if they played the entire cd the audience would be the most excited giving the band the loudest ovation ever because gnr fans around the world and in wembley are dying to hear the entire cd they are craving to hear it. they wouldnt need to sing along to it because they would be too excited and happy hearing the new songs to even have time to do a sing along. but they wont have all their ducks in the row. how can they when they are touring from september to december in the fall 2006? how can the cd come out in the fall with this tour happening? i dont see it happening and more than likely it wont. thank you axl. thanks alot  rant   

Yea, has to be Queenie. Queenie, did you show them your e-mail from Richard yet?
Baby Chaos
Headliner

« Reply #298 on: July 29, 2006, 09:26:36 PM »

yeah covering a song by lame-o rod stewuart is awesome sure its awesome sure  Roll Eyes thats a joke  no its so sad its come to this for guns n roses live on stage so sad  no because if they played the entire cd the audience would be the most excited giving the band the loudest ovation ever because gnr fans around the world and in wembley are dying to hear the entire cd they are craving to hear it. they wouldnt need to sing along to it because they would be too excited and happy hearing the new songs to even have time to do a sing along. but they wont have all their ducks in the row. how can they when they are touring from september to december in the fall 2006? how can the cd come out in the fall with this tour happening? i dont see it happening and more than likely it wont. thank you axl. thanks alot  rant   

Tut tut

Rod Stewart/The Faces have influenced more bands than GNR have.

Your op's invalid

BYE  beer

Be Aware of Legacy
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #299 on: July 29, 2006, 09:27:28 PM »

because if they played the entire cd the audience would be the most excited giving the band the loudest ovation ever because gnr fans around the world and in wembley are dying to hear the entire cd they are craving to hear it. they wouldnt need to sing along to it because they would be too excited and happy hearing the new songs to even have time to do a sing along.? ?

I have to disagree with you on this point. ?I went to 4 shows at the Hammerstein. Everytime they played a leaked song, the people around me grumbled and groaned and said it was shit because they didn't know it. ?Some didn't even know it was a GNR song. ?

You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine. ?Please don't try to tell me that my opinion is not correct and I will stop saying that I disagree with yours Wink

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: