Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  29th Wembely update here!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 29th Wembely update here!!!!  (Read 93376 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #420 on: July 30, 2006, 06:58:22 AM »

.for the next Gn'R gig all the fans should turn up 1 hour after Gn'R hit the stage? hihi

rofl i like it
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #421 on: July 30, 2006, 07:11:42 AM »

Ok, my review! Let me start by saying that i have been to alot of shows and this was by far the best, Axl was on true form as were the rest of the band and guests, everyone seemed to be having a great time and the audience was loving the show!

For people who complain about Axl being late and stranding people at Wembely on our way down to the venue there were notifications on the tube informing everyone that the band were not scheduled to finish until 1:30 and that there would not be any tube transport at that time. There really is no excuse for being stranded, learn how to use nightbusses, granted it took me over 3 hours to get home, via the club that the acoustic set was held in but thats a price im prepared to pay for seeing a truely amazing show.

We missed Bach as 18:00 was a bit to early for us, we got there and managed to catch the begining of Bullet for my Valentine who were basically being laughed at by everyone that was around me. I dont have anything against them its just not my type of music. The atmosphere was pretty electric, the crowed kept themselves entertained by chanting, clapping and then getting a huge mexican wave going round the arena, ive never seen that happen at a concert. 10:30 rolled around and the band were now an hour past their scheduled start time, some of the camera men came out and got a load of the girls in the arena to flash, typical GnR style, then around 10:50 the intro music started and everyone went insane. The sound was pretty good, there didnt seem to be any technical problems at all, Axls voice was pretty low in the mix sometimes but it wasnt really that noticable. The crowed was pretty good aswell, everyone in the seating areas was standing up, they only really sat down during the guitar solos but then picked up with the main songs. There was a secret acoustic show that took place at Caberet in Soho at 3am, tried my hardset to attend but trying to contact people at 2:30am was not happning, from what i heard though it was pretty good. Im not sure if Jarmo went, i ran into the HTGTH crew while coming out of the arena after sticking aroud and talking to some of the crew, they were going back into the arena so no idea what was going on there!

Setlist from what i can remember
Welcome to the Jungle
Its so Easy
Mr Brownstone
Live and Let Die
Robin Solo
Sweet Child o Mine
Knockin on Heavens Door
Better
Dizzy Solo
The Blues
Robin and Richard Beautiful
Think About You
Dont Cry Ron Solo
You Could Be Mine
Livin in The USA (UK) Beatles Cover
Unknown Song with Izzy
We are Sailing Rod Stewart Cover
My Michelle with Baz
November Rain
Rocket Queen
Nighttrain
IRS
Paradise City

Jonx
matbro1984
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #422 on: July 30, 2006, 07:54:26 AM »

For people who complain about Axl being late and stranding people at Wembely on our way down to the venue there were notifications on the tube informing everyone that the band were not scheduled to finish until 1:30 and that there would not be any tube transport at that time. There really is no excuse for being stranded, learn how to use nightbusses, granted it took me over 3 hours to get home, via the club that the acoustic set was held in but thats a price im prepared to pay for seeing a truely amazing show.

Just because your tube carriage was warned doesn't mean anyone else was. If they actually *planned* to be on stage late, then that's surely 100 times worse than being spontaneously late, as they've made a conscious decision to inconvenience the majority of the crowd. (Who would have been messed around enough as the Metropolitan line was down this weekend)

As for 'learning how to use nightbuses', don't be such a condescending prick.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #423 on: July 30, 2006, 08:11:26 AM »

Do we still not know the full setlist for the surprise show?

Is it confirmed that a new song was played? I doubt it...

gnrevolution.com
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #424 on: July 30, 2006, 08:16:57 AM »

Until I see pictures of this acustic gig, I am not believing it.

Every board has that post from bobblehat and she/he mentions a new song played but can't recall what it was?

I just learned to not believe anything unless it's confirmed from management.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #425 on: July 30, 2006, 08:19:02 AM »

Until I see pictures of this acustic gig, I am not believing it.

Every board has that post from bobblehat and she/he mentions a new song played but can't recall what it was?

I just learned to not believe anything unless it's confirmed from management.

It sure happened. Now, whether a new song was played or not...
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #426 on: July 30, 2006, 08:22:40 AM »

Lots of people reported that Axl announced it on stage. I think Axl trumps management- ergo, it happened.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #427 on: July 30, 2006, 08:29:27 AM »

from mygnr.com

QUOTE(username @ Jul 30 2006, 07:03 AM)

QUOTE(Red1 @ Jul 30 2006, 01:57 PM)

There will be another full account of last night with pictures later today form another forum member who was at the acoustic show.

Yeah, the lucky bitch!

lol - you got the phone calls and texts as well then? I have never been so happy for someone but jealous at the same time. ha
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #428 on: July 30, 2006, 08:37:59 AM »

fucking hell!

Grin

what a fucking setlist - sway just about kills every song ever (bar the gnr, rest of pre-sticky fingers stones, and dylan catalogues obviously). sailing is fucking sweet and ussr is a banging choice. rocket queen getting an airing (which has become far too infrequent, it should be a staple of the set!).
and then another acoustic show!

fucking hell.

as sweet as it is, i am a bit pissed that london (and new york/LA) get such preferential treatment by axl and gnr. i know its to be expected as they are the major hubs for western culture, but still... come to belfast and do that shit! hihi

we all knew tonight (the 30th) was going to be a special show. but they'll have their work cut out for them to trumph last night. and... i think they will. it looks likely, to me, we're going to get a release date tonight. (unless something goes wrong and someone fucks up by throwing shit).
Red1
VIP

yeah, you probably have seen me around.....

« Reply #429 on: July 30, 2006, 08:49:38 AM »

from mygnr.com

QUOTE(username @ Jul 30 2006, 07:03 AM)

QUOTE(Red1 @ Jul 30 2006, 01:57 PM)

There will be another full account of last night with pictures later today form another forum member who was at the acoustic show.

Yeah, the lucky bitch!

lol - you got the phone calls and texts as well then? I have never been so happy for someone but jealous at the same time. ha

Oh that's me (Red1) and yes there will be abother full account later with some good pics - but I have no idea if she remembers the whole set list.? She couldn't remember it when I spoke to her earlier - but she was still in a state of complete shock.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 08:52:22 AM by Red1 » Logged
madagas
« Reply #430 on: July 30, 2006, 08:59:43 AM »

Sway is one of my favorite songs of all time. One of the sleaziest/bluesiest riffs ever and killer lyrics. Only Izzy is cool enough to pull that one out. Coincidence that Paul Buckmaster added the strings to Sway on Sticky Fingers. You can't hear them too well unless you have the remastered version. Buckmaster also put killer strings on Moonlight Mile-the album closer on Sticky. Just in case you don't know, Buckmaster put strings on TWAT.  beer
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #431 on: July 30, 2006, 09:07:53 AM »

You're Crazy, Mr. Brownstone, Used To Love Her, Patience, Welcome To The Jungle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Sweet Child O' Mine, Sway, Sailing, Nightrain, IRS, Paradise City

Setlist from the acoustic show....

Off to Wembley...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #432 on: July 30, 2006, 09:22:46 AM »

Buckmaster put strings on TWAT.? beer

ha, thats cool as fuck.
izzy had old stones stalwart nicky hopkins on his majestic come on now inside (which bears no small resemblence to sticky fingers stones). but that link may be ven cooler.

and yea, only izzy is cool enough. he definitely (obviously) brought the stonesier side to the band and its something thats missing in the newer songs. it was actually the first thing that struck my friends and i. you can replace slash, but its harder to replace izzy. unless you're gonna get keef in.

but even without izzy, lyrically it makes a terrific choice of cover for axl.

setlist from acoustic nice enough, though not spectacular. irs would be interesting to hear.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #433 on: July 30, 2006, 09:24:36 AM »

You're Crazy, Mr. Brownstone, Used To Love Her, Patience, Welcome To The Jungle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Sweet Child O' Mine, Sway, Sailing, Nightrain, IRS, Paradise City

Off to Wembley...

/jarmo

have fun Wink
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 09:34:39 AM by dolphin » Logged
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #434 on: July 30, 2006, 09:29:26 AM »

Off to Wembley...

have fun Wink

/jarmo

jarmo did u went to the accoustic show? Shocked
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #435 on: July 30, 2006, 09:37:57 AM »

so either sway or sailing was the mellow new song that they guy who went didn`t like rofl

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Origen
« Reply #436 on: July 30, 2006, 09:38:52 AM »

Off to Wembley...

/jarmo

Guess ?there wasn't a new song played then (by new I ment that we havn't heard yet)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #437 on: July 30, 2006, 09:47:36 AM »

Off to Wembley...

/jarmo

Guess  there wasn't a new song played then (by new I ment that we havn't heard yet)

no it wasn?t...    the guy who said that confused one of the covers with a new song ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #438 on: July 30, 2006, 09:53:53 AM »

Off to Wembley...

/jarmo
WHY THE FUCK WASN'T I THERE?!!! Sad

@ Birmingham NEC, UK 25.07.06
@ Birmingham NEC, UK 17.10.10

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87
www.freewebs.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
Christian
VIP

« Reply #439 on: July 30, 2006, 10:01:23 AM »