Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:27:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  From HMV?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From HMV?  (Read 14049 times)
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2006, 02:18:36 PM »

I checked my HMV today and the black case wasn't there Sad hopefully will soon though hehe

so it's prolly bullshit then cu if one UK store has it you'd figure the whole chain would...there is no rumor anywhere else but this posters claim...no radio station rumblings or anything

lock this sucker and throw away the key if you ask me peace

the stores just havent updated their sections (and for a cd four months away, can you really blame them?).
it does sound the most plausible date we've seen so far (probably ever given whats gone on this year). but then again, hmv have a history of bullshit - not just with chinese democracy (though easily their worst offence, but thats not entirely their fault now is it?) and we really just wont know until axl says so...? it'd be nice, but until axl says so ill not get too excited.

but with this thread people will get excited...we all want it so bad that we want this to be true...and in reality it prolly isn't Cry

you never know...

im sorry, i cant keep a straight face typing that.

(uh-oh, the excitement is building in me - im starting to feel the urge to text my mates to call round to hmv! i need to get out of this thread!)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2006, 02:21:28 PM »

IMO releasing 3 singles (better, the blues, IRS or twat) before the album is not a bad idea in this case.

I like the date like 8/8, 10/10 12/12.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2006, 02:36:51 PM »

That picture evidence is meaningless. So what if theyve put a CD out with that release dates.. its probably an employee having a laugh.

Think about it logically.... if there was a release date then WE would all know about it through a legit source. Its not like everyone in the music industry knows it and is keeping it under wraps.

Everyones just second guessing when it will could out.
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2006, 02:47:40 PM »

This is actually possible.

Richard said the tour would start at the end of September. If a single were to drop around that time, touring would be no problem, the album would come out what, six weeks later?

It's doable.

what's the deal with everyone thinking the single will be out months before the album?
the single itself is usually out one week before the album. music video about 2 weeks before the album. radio starts playing the song 2-3 weeks before the album is released.

if the album is released the 13th of November, I don't think we'll see any single till late October.
not that I care, whats another month?

I can think of numerous instances this year alone where the single was out well over a month before you could buy the album. RHCP and Buckcherry for instance.

well over a month? you mean the single was in the stores a month before the album?
that's just not correct, at least not with RHCP...I know that. radio started playing it MAYBE 4 weeks before the album was out, but not more than that.
anyways, 1 month would still put us in mid October. I just can't see the logic when people say something like; the album is being released in mid November, so the single will be out in September...well, that's something Ive never seen before.

I don't know which terrirories we're talking about here, but certainly from what I have seen in the UK, singles are commonly released more than one week in advance of an album. Certainly when I was doing student radio, music videos hit campus tv well in advance of the single itself being released (easily 6weeks if not more) then the single would get played on radio and be released after at least a 3 or 4 week campaign before being released. The album could almost be totally unrelated and be released after a month or so or even after a second or third single. In the UK, I think maybe singles were marketted and 'sold' rather than using them purely to advertise the album. Although, single sales have declined recently and the focus seems to be back on just using them as a promotional tool.

Back In Power
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2006, 02:53:26 PM »

Whats the point in pre ordering an audio cd, when you can just go out and buy it on the day. Its not like it is a Playstation 3, where you know there will be a limited supply.

What would be good though, if HMV and other music stores are doing a pre order offer (money off) then they could atleast put out blank boxes showing the cd cover art work (they do this with video games).
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2006, 02:54:36 PM »

The key word = commonly
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2006, 03:07:08 PM »

ohh! I have a so HUGE feeling we will get a date in a couple of weeks.. Axl said fall, late fall.. and August is the perfect month to announce this.. arent u guys excited ? ? ? ? ?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2006, 03:37:44 PM »

ohh! I have a so HUGE feeling we will get a date in a couple of weeks.. Axl said fall, late fall.. and August is the perfect month to announce this.. arent u guys excited ? ? ? ? ?

Aye aye! My bet is in 11 days. You know I believe in the 8. Kiss
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2006, 04:25:01 PM »

Guns N' Roses
Chinese Democracy
Geffen Interscope
Unconfirmed Publisher
13/11/2006
Unconfirmed Price (Single) (DualDisc) (Ltd Variation Cover)
Dispatching 11/11/2006

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i HATE dualdisc! for the pleasure of getting 5.1 and (usually pretty light) DVD content, you get the "bonus" of not being able to rip it to digital formats (without getting sound distortion). i listen to my music about 90% of the time on my computer or ipod, but i still want to have the physical album and liner notes! is that so wrong? the 2 dualdiscs i own i ended up "stealing" in mp3 format after i bought the disc...

isn't it legal to download it for free when you already own the album?

Not in America. In America, the RIAA and software companies bribed politicians with "campaign contributions." In return, they got a law called the DMCA. Under the DMCA, it's illegal to bypass copy prevention even if you already own it. Theoretically, you could go to jail for copying/downloading something you already own.

That said, there is not a single copy prevention scheme on the planet that has not been broken. I'm hoping there isn't some shit on CD that prevents its usage in my car or PC, cuz those are basically the only two places I use for music.
Origen
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2006, 04:44:34 PM »

Either way we'll know within the next few months whether it's coming or not, let's just see how this plays out as we'll know soon enough.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2006, 04:56:36 PM »

i sure do honey! Im with u on that one.. ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2006, 04:58:11 PM »

Yes, and if it is released at the 13 November i'll recieve a wonderfull bday present the following day ok
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2006, 05:19:10 PM »

my bet is until august 11th hihi

an eight is in there as well ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2006, 05:44:39 PM »

my bet is until august 11th hihi

an eight is in there as well ok
11/ 8/06 ie, 11+6=17, 1+7=8 idea still 8 and 8, hell yeah!
However,  8/ 8/06 is a tuesday. aye, dictionary?  Wink
Anyways, Only a few days difference, I'm easy.
GonsaNRoses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2006, 08:24:22 PM »

SOMEBOODY EMAIL RON AND ADD THAT PIC PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nervous

cheers! beer

AXL... THE CD drool
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2006, 12:07:10 AM »

My god I feel like crying...the CD will actually come out ? I can't believe it ! New Guns n Roses material baby. HELL YES!!!!    beer
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2006, 01:40:37 AM »

It's not fake. I promise you. Maybe HMV is wrong, but it's not fake. THe HMV in my town has had a case like that out for the new Velvet Revolver album since it was first announced.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2006, 02:10:50 AM »

SOMEBOODY EMAIL RON AND ADD THAT PIC PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nervous

cheers! beer

AXL... THE CD drool

Please don't bother Ron, he can't answer those kind of questions anyway.
benchiefjr
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2006, 02:20:22 AM »

It's not fake. I promise you. Maybe HMV is wrong, but it's not fake. THe HMV in my town has had a case like that out for the new Velvet Revolver album since it was first announced.
how do you know?
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2006, 02:59:26 AM »

Guns N' Roses
Chinese Democracy
Geffen Interscope
Unconfirmed Publisher
13/11/2006
Unconfirmed Price (Single) (DualDisc) (Ltd Variation Cover)
Dispatching 11/11/2006

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i HATE dualdisc! for the pleasure of getting 5.1 and (usually pretty light) DVD content, you get the "bonus" of not being able to rip it to digital formats (without getting sound distortion). i listen to my music about 90% of the time on my computer or ipod, but i still want to have the physical album and liner notes! is that so wrong? the 2 dualdiscs i own i ended up "stealing" in mp3 format after i bought the disc...

Don't buy the dualdisc version, then. Sorted.

Anyways, it's also worth noting hmv.co.uk has a habit of sending pre-ordered albums to arrive with you on the Saturday before release. Nice  ok
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: