Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:21:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  From HMV?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From HMV?  (Read 14121 times)
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2006, 12:33:43 PM »

I posted over a month ago (check my history Tongue)  that a little birdie that works higher up in the Best Buy corporate chain gave me a November 14th date to put on my calendar as an interesting one.  That's a Tuesday here in the US Smiley
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2006, 12:37:12 PM »

Dear god you motherfucker... Dual Disk format too?

(....goes off to dream about Chinese Democracy in Digital 5.1 sound)

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2006, 12:39:16 PM »

well just called my local HMV (in canada) and it's not in their database no ....although they did say that HMV UK is different than HMV Canada

benchiefjr
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2006, 12:52:24 PM »

I posted over a month ago (check my history Tongue)  that a little birdie that works higher up in the Best Buy corporate chain gave me a November 14th date to put on my calendar as an interesting one.  That's a Tuesday here in the US Smiley
yet bettah not be lyin'  ok
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2006, 12:53:39 PM »

This is actually possible.

Richard said the tour would start at the end of September. If a single were to drop around that time, touring would be no problem, the album would come out what, six weeks later?

It's doable.

what's the deal with everyone thinking the single will be out months before the album?
the single itself is usually out one week before the album. music video about 2 weeks before the album. radio starts playing the song 2-3 weeks before the album is released.

if the album is released the 13th of November, I don't think we'll see any single till late October.
not that I care, whats another month?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 12:55:27 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2006, 12:54:11 PM »

Guns N' Roses
Chinese Democracy
Geffen Interscope
Unconfirmed Publisher
13/11/2006
Unconfirmed Price (Single) (DualDisc) (Ltd Variation Cover)
Dispatching 11/11/2006

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i HATE dualdisc! for the pleasure of getting 5.1 and (usually pretty light) DVD content, you get the "bonus" of not being able to rip it to digital formats (without getting sound distortion). i listen to my music about 90% of the time on my computer or ipod, but i still want to have the physical album and liner notes! is that so wrong? the 2 dualdiscs i own i ended up "stealing" in mp3 format after i bought the disc...
benchiefjr
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2006, 12:55:52 PM »

Richard said the tour would start at the end of September. If a single were to drop around that time, touring would be no problem, the album would come out what, six weeks later?

It's doable.

what's the deal with everyone thinking the single will be out months before the album?
the single itself is usually out 1-2 weeks before the album. music video about 2 weeks before the album. radio starts playing the song a few weeks before the album is released.

if the album is released the 13th of November, I don't think we'll see any single till late October.
Avenged Sevenfold had a single a couple of weeks before too..."Burn It Down" i believe.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2006, 12:56:42 PM »

Guns N' Roses
Chinese Democracy
Geffen Interscope
Unconfirmed Publisher
13/11/2006
Unconfirmed Price (Single) (DualDisc) (Ltd Variation Cover)
Dispatching 11/11/2006

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i HATE dualdisc! for the pleasure of getting 5.1 and (usually pretty light) DVD content, you get the "bonus" of not being able to rip it to digital formats (without getting sound distortion). i listen to my music about 90% of the time on my computer or ipod, but i still want to have the physical album and liner notes! is that so wrong? the 2 dualdiscs i own i ended up "stealing" in mp3 format after i bought the disc...

isn't it legal to download it for free when you already own the album?

CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2006, 12:59:58 PM »

don't ask me, ask the RIAA... they seem to think any time someone downloads something, it's stealing.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2006, 01:18:05 PM »

It's doable.

the single itself is usually out one week before the album. music video about 2 weeks before the album. radio starts playing the song 2-3 weeks before the album is released.

I can think of numerous instances this year alone where the single was out well over a month before you could buy the album. RHCP and Buckcherry for instance.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2006, 01:28:36 PM »

It's doable.

I can think of numerous instances this year alone where the single was out well over a month before you could buy the album. RHCP and Buckcherry for instance.

well over a month? you mean the single was in the stores a month before the album?
that's just not correct, at least not with RHCP...I know that. radio started playing it MAYBE 4 weeks before the album was out, but not more than that.
anyways, 1 month would still put us in mid October. I just can't see the logic when people say something like; the album is being released in mid November, so the single will be out in September...well, that's something Ive never seen before.

GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2006, 01:31:59 PM »

I had the single from itunes well in advance of radio play, same with buckcherry, and because my girlfriend is into rap/pop/hiphop I have noticed a lot of songs that are on itunes/radio long before an album drops. A song called S.O.S. was out two months before the actul album dropped.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2006, 01:36:01 PM »

I checked my HMV today and the black case wasn't there Sad hopefully will soon though hehe

so it's prolly bullshit then cu if one UK store has it you'd figure the whole chain would...there is no rumor anywhere else but this posters claim...no radio station rumblings or anything

lock this sucker and throw away the key if you ask me peace

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2006, 01:42:04 PM »

I had the single from itunes well in advance of radio play, same with buckcherry, and because my girlfriend is into rap/pop/hiphop I have noticed a lot of songs that are on itunes/radio long before an album drops. A song called S.O.S. was out two months before the actul album dropped.

I don't use iTunes, but I couldn't find any illegal downloads of it until it had been on the radio a while. didn't find any good quality ones till the single was released on disc.

but you're probably right, Im just the way that when I buy an album/single, I don't just want a file. I want the case and the disc and everything! Grin

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2006, 01:47:23 PM »

I hope this isn't from the mind of a practical joker.   hihi

WAAAAAIIT a minute! rant
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2006, 01:52:40 PM »

I don't use iTunes, but I couldn't find any illegal downloads of it until it had been on the radio a while. didn't find any good quality ones till the single was released on disc.

but you're probably right, Im just the way that when I buy an album/single, I don't just want a file. I want the case and the disc and everything! Grin

I always buy the album in the store because I am the same way, I just grab the new singles that are out first from itunes.

Something tells me even if CD is coming, we won't be getting the single early on itunes though lol. 

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2006, 01:54:08 PM »

^ yeah, I don't think so either. I don't really see the single as being "out" until it's at least on the radio either Wink

philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2006, 02:08:24 PM »

I checked my HMV today and the black case wasn't there Sad hopefully will soon though hehe

so it's prolly bullshit then cu if one UK store has it you'd figure the whole chain would...there is no rumor anywhere else but this posters claim...no radio station rumblings or anything

the stores just havent updated their sections (and for a cd four months away, can you really blame them?).
it does sound the most plausible date we've seen so far (probably ever given whats gone on this year). but then again, hmv have a history of bullshit - not just with chinese democracy (though easily their worst offence, but thats not entirely their fault now is it?) and we really just wont know until axl says so...  it'd be nice, but until axl says so ill not get too excited.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2006, 02:10:24 PM »

They've still to decide what tracks will appear on the album. i still wonder if the album is 100% recorded. It would not surprize me if they still have some more recording to do. I think they only need a week to make the cd's so pressing them could begin in September.

Maybe Bumblefoot + Izzy + Seb needs to laydown some sounds, just as some added input. The UYI albums had all sorts of extra people on the credits.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2006, 02:15:57 PM »

the stores just havent updated their sections (and for a cd four months away, can you really blame them?).
it does sound the most plausible date we've seen so far (probably ever given whats gone on this year). but then again, hmv have a history of bullshit - not just with chinese democracy (though easily their worst offence, but thats not entirely their fault now is it?) and we really just wont know until axl says so...? it'd be nice, but until axl says so ill not get too excited.

but with this thread people will get excited...we all want it so bad that we want this to be true...and in reality it prolly isn't Cry

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: