Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:17:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Emails from Richard Fortus
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Emails from Richard Fortus  (Read 133135 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #620 on: July 18, 2006, 02:48:26 PM »

"Hi Nick,
Thanks for taking the time to write to me.? I appologize for the lengthy
delay in responding to your email.? I've been trying to catch up on my
website emails while I'm on this tour.? Not that easy though, i'm still
only at April and I've only got 2 more weeks left on the tour!? Starting
a band is a difficult thing.? You've got to find musicians that are in
to the same type of music as you and are as serious as you are.? Once
you've got a group of players together that you like, you've got to get
out and play as much as possible, any way possible.? It's a long, long
road.? Buy some computer recording gear and concentrate on writing and
recording as well.? You have to really sink every bit of energy and
time in to it if you want to become successful.? I hope that you get to
see us on this current tour.? Thanks for you support and good luck with
the band!
richard"

I just asked him for advice on starting a band and stuff...i thought he was going to say something like "hey thanks for the e-mail i hope you like the new record in fall and i hope you see us on the us tour" but he actually replied!
Let's have some fun ... change your original e-mail to look like what you asked him was "Is it true that you are the real creative genius and driving force who put together the current line-up of GNR?"? Then attached his reply and then forward it to Axl!!!? rofl

P.S.? Don't forget to delete where Richard says at the end "with the band!" ... just leave it as "Thanks for your support and good luck."? Tongue

P.P.S. ?It's really cool of Richard to take the time out to not only answer peoples e-mails but to also personalize them like this. ?Cool

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
RichardNixon
« Reply #621 on: July 18, 2006, 05:03:40 PM »

Fuck yeah!!! Catcher on the record!!!

Can someone ask him if This I Love be on the record?

why don't you ask him? Grin

What's his email?

He's answering e-mails sent in April right now. Do you think it's a good idea to send yet another e-mail at this point?

/jarmo

Hopefully by the time he gets to August, either "Chinese Democracy" will be out, or the tracklist will be known.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 05:06:09 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #622 on: July 18, 2006, 05:12:10 PM »

Good work Mr. President.  smoking
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #623 on: July 22, 2006, 11:36:36 PM »

I sent an e-mail to Richard in May, and I asked if they were planning any tour in Brasil(he didn't have talked about a brazilian tour so far), and here's the reply:

Hi again Rafael,
Thanks for taking the time to write to me.  I appologize for the lengthy
delay in responding to your email.  I'm trying desperately to catch up
on my website emails while i'm on this tour.  However, i've got a
little more than a week to go and i'm still only up to May.   I know
that we are planning to be in Brazil within the next 6 months.  Can't
wait, Gn'R loves Brazil!
richard

SIX MONTHS BABY!!! SIX MONTHS!!!!

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #624 on: July 22, 2006, 11:40:14 PM »

Hi Mark,
delay in responding to your email.  I've been trying to catch up on my
website emails while I'm on this tour.  Not that easy though, i'm still
only at April and I've only got 2 more weeks left on the tour!  Sorry
about causing such concern when i took the dates off of my site.  Our
management didn't want us to post the dates in case there were changes.
We didn't want to confuse anyone.  Thanks for the kind words and hope
you were able to see us on this leg.  US is next!
richard

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #625 on: July 23, 2006, 12:46:35 AM »

I got this last week:

Hi Mike,
delay in responding to your email.  I've been trying to get caught up on
my website emails while out on tour.  I'm currently up to April!  Glad
to hear that you like the site.  The music is all pieces that i have
done completely on my own for various tv commercials, video games or
movies.  THanks for all of your kind words and hope to see you soon.
richard

> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: nice web site
> From: "Michael Brown" <mbrown73@cfl.rr.com>
> Date: Tue, April 11, 2006 8:06 pm
> To: <4tus@richardfortusonline.com>
>
>       
> Dig your new web site. The music you have playing in the background...is that your solo work or various contributions to other artists? Cool eclectic stuff.
>   
> Can not wait to hear the new GNR stuff. The new band really takes the classic GNR to the next level and the new stuff is phenominal ( from the leaks I've heard).
>   
> Good luck on the upcoming European tour, I so hope they broadcast ( or webcast) RIR here in the US.
>   
> Mike Brown
> AKA GnRFL

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #626 on: July 23, 2006, 01:47:41 AM »

I got this one yesterday:

'Hey Slashead,

Izzy is the shit.
He rules.
richard'

I'll download it !
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #627 on: July 23, 2006, 04:16:57 AM »

has anyone asked him if they will be playing alot more of there was a time
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #628 on: July 23, 2006, 04:23:06 AM »

Received earlier today:

delay in responding to your email.  I've been trying to catch up on my
website emails while I'm on this tour.  Not that easy though, i'm still
only at May and I've only got 2 more weeks left on the tour! We are
trying to book some dates in Australia.  Hopefully we will see you at
some point over the next 6 months.  I'm going to put some detailed
photos of my tattoos on my site soon.  I've had a few requests.  Hope
to see you very soon,
richard
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #629 on: July 23, 2006, 07:56:56 AM »

richard is indeed amazing !

just got 2 emails in a row, i replied and he answered  right away.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I&#039;ve got is precious time

« Reply #630 on: July 23, 2006, 12:18:41 PM »

Atleast we know richard knows how to cut and paste
"Thanks for taking the time to write to me.  I appologize for the lengthy
delay in responding to your email.  I'm trying desperately to catch up
on my website emails while i'm on this tour.  However, i've got a
little more than a week to go and i'm still only up to May."

Then he answers  your question. Richard rocks. peace

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #631 on: July 25, 2006, 01:00:37 AM »

Hi Darian,
So Lars and James were backstage for our show in Rock am Ring.  James left right after the show but Lars stayed.  He had to be carried out at the end of the night!  He threw up all over our dressing room.  Not a pretty sight.  I did see the broadcast of them the following night.
Lars still didn't look too good, but the band sounded great as usual.
The broadcast mix from Rock in Rio was absolutley criminal.  We are trying to find the guy that mixed it so we can kill him. 
I know what you mean about the flying foot guitar.  Robin can some times be very tough on guitars.  I don't know that he went through 4-5 though.
 Tommy was having technical problems in Germany.  The "beautiful" duet was my idea.  Robin and I were looking for a song to play together and i always thought that that song would be a beautiful instrumental.
Christina Aguilerra's voice is truly excrutiatingly painful for me to listen to, but my friend Linda Perry wrote that song, and I always loved the melody.  I thought it would be pretty funny for us to do a song that Christina made famous.  Some people don't seem to get the joke, but hey, fuckem'!  Glad to hear that YOU like it!

richard

Mon, June 05, 2006 11:02 am

Hey Richard,
>   
> How are you doing and how are things in Europe.  I have to say, I was pretty disappointed when the Rock AM Ring show wasn't broadcasted this weekend, Metallica stole the show, after playing the whole Master of Puppets album...they sounded good but James is not pissed anymore and that's not the Metallica I know.  The Rock in Rio show was great, please let Axl know that he looks great and sounds even better and it's nice to see him looking so good and he seems to be pretty happy.   
>   
> Quick question for you my man...I was able to see Tommy smashing his bass on Welcome at the Rock in Rio show.  I think it was very cool and I wish Bumblefoot would do that with his foot guitar...LOL...anyway...why did he destroy that fine musical instrument?  Was he having technical problems?  I also read that Robin destroyed 4-5 guitars in Spain...is this true and if so why?  I really love your playing, your solo " Beautiful" with Robin is awesome.  Why "Beautiful"?  Any special reason behind playing this song live?   
>   
> Anyway, thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review my email.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #632 on: July 25, 2006, 07:21:57 AM »

May I say that after reading all of these e-mails, Richard is one fucking cool guy!
 beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Origen
« Reply #633 on: July 25, 2006, 07:47:52 AM »

Hi Darian,
So Lars and James were backstage for our show in Rock am Ring.? James left right after the show but Lars stayed.? He had to be carried out at the end of the night!? He threw up all over our dressing room.? Not a pretty sight.? I did see the broadcast of them the following night.
Lars still didn't look too good, but the band sounded great as usual.
The broadcast mix from Rock in Rio was absolutley criminal.? We are trying to find the guy that mixed it so we can kill him.?
I know what you mean about the flying foot guitar.? Robin can some times be very tough on guitars.? I don't know that he went through 4-5 though.
 Tommy was having technical problems in Germany.? The "beautiful" duet was my idea.? Robin and I were looking for a song to play together and i always thought that that song would be a beautiful instrumental.
Christina Aguilerra's voice is truly excrutiatingly painful for me to listen to, but my friend Linda Perry wrote that song, and I always loved the melody.? I thought it would be pretty funny for us to do a song that Christina made famous.? Some people don't seem to get the joke, but hey, fuckem'!? Glad to hear that YOU like it!

richard

Mon, June 05, 2006 11:02 am

Hey Richard,
>? ?
> How are you doing and how are things in Europe.? I have to say, I was pretty disappointed when the Rock AM Ring show wasn't broadcasted this weekend, Metallica stole the show, after playing the whole Master of Puppets album...they sounded good but James is not pissed anymore and that's not the Metallica I know.? The Rock in Rio show was great, please let Axl know that he looks great and sounds even better and it's nice to see him looking so good and he seems to be pretty happy.? ?
>? ?
> Quick question for you my man...I was able to see Tommy smashing his bass on Welcome at the Rock in Rio show.? I think it was very cool and I wish Bumblefoot would do that with his foot guitar...LOL...anyway...why did he destroy that fine musical instrument?? Was he having technical problems?? I also read that Robin destroyed 4-5 guitars in Spain...is this true and if so why?? I really love your playing, your solo " Beautiful" with Robin is awesome.? Why "Beautiful"?? Any special reason behind playing this song live?? ?
>? ?
> Anyway, thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review my email.

That's sounds quite fake. There are lots of ovious spelling errors and grammar, "Richard" didn't start with his usual where he is upto with his backlogue of emails, I doubt Richard would say "Hey Fuckem", and I think Richard knows the difference between Ron and Robin.

So did you write that yourself.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 07:55:42 AM by Origen » Logged
darkmonth
« Reply #634 on: July 25, 2006, 08:12:28 AM »

I can't see why people are posting emails here.  I think Richard would be annoyed that people are posting emails that are a conversation between one person and another.

I've had two emails from Richard and I'd never post them.  Since I think a) he says stuff that is his and mine own conversation and would be breaking his trust if I posted, and b) I don't have to bragg that he sent them.

I dunno... just feel a bit like it's probably something that will make him think twice about replying soon...

Oh well.

My two cents.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #635 on: July 25, 2006, 08:23:38 AM »

When I sent an email to him, I asked to post - and I did, a few pages back. I don't think he mind that much now, since he's on tour with the band.

He's a nice guy and he's aware of our behavior, lol. Also, I think is awesome how we got to know some cool stuff from behind the scenes...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #636 on: July 25, 2006, 09:30:44 AM »

I've enjoyed reading this thread. Even when the things didn't look so bright, or all the more for that these mails bucked us up...I'm thankful to richard for that and the board mates for sharing.  peace

I haven't ever emailed any of the members yet but if I did, I might keep the replies for myself.    hihi

> Quick question for you my man...I was able to see Tommy smashing his bass on Welcome at the Rock in Rio show.  I think it was very cool and I wish Bumblefoot would do that with his foot guitar...LOL...anyway...why did he destroy that fine musical instrument?  Was he having technical problems?  I also read that Robin destroyed 4-5 guitars in Spain...is this true and if so why? I really love your playing, your solo " Beautiful" with Robin is awesome.  Why "Beautiful"?  Any special reason behind playing this song live?   

and I think Richard knows the difference between Ron and Robin.

I can't say he wrote it or not for sure but to be fair he seems to have known the difference between Ron and Robin.
in the original letter he did ask richard about Robin's smashing his guitars as well as Rons.
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #637 on: July 25, 2006, 10:48:38 AM »

yay catcher on cd Cheesy
this album is lookin out to be  quite a mix of different styles Cheesy
catcher is still my fav i listen to again and again outa all the leaks.

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #638 on: July 25, 2006, 12:25:36 PM »

I can't see why people are posting emails here. I think Richard would be annoyed that people are posting emails that are a conversation between one person and another.

I've had two emails from Richard and I'd never post them. Since I think a) he says stuff that is his and mine own conversation and would be breaking his trust if I posted, and b) I don't have to bragg that he sent them.

I dunno... just feel a bit like it's probably something that will make him think twice about replying soon...

Oh well.

My two cents.

Well, if we read all these emails, we won't keep asking him the same questions that he has to answer, right?? So basically he doesn't have to write as much if we post his emails.
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #639 on: July 25, 2006, 09:21:38 PM »

First off...my email from Richard is real...I assure you who doubt that...if I was a self centered, egotistical jackass who doesn't know english, then sure I would probably keep Richard's email to myself, but that aint me, I posted it because I thought people would want to see what he wrote about Lars puking backstage at Rock AM Ring ect...jeez...you can't please everybody and I never go out of my way to, in fact, if you are a fucking doucebag, I'll be the first to let you know!   
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: