Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:17:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Emails from Richard Fortus
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Emails from Richard Fortus  (Read 133270 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #500 on: June 30, 2006, 11:59:20 AM »

The only new song they would play is riyadh since ron was told to learn it when he joined.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #501 on: June 30, 2006, 12:00:19 PM »

I'd be stoked if we got Locomotive on the setlist sometime, the piano outro ending live.... drool

But, I'm with Richard, I'd rather see him jam on his new tunes!!!!!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #502 on: June 30, 2006, 12:01:25 PM »

The only new song they would play is riyadh since ron was told to learn it when he joined.

So, if Brian May was going to guest one night, but didn't make sound check, what songs were they going to play with Brian May??? I have to believe that the band has learned CITR, but maybe that won't be added until they get back to the United States.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #503 on: June 30, 2006, 12:04:41 PM »

how does this email say that they may play more new songs soon? he jsut said instead of other old songs he'd rather play the new stuff...and just cuz he said he likes the record and he recorded on the album means it's gonna be good? that makes no sense...what's he gonna say? the album is a peice of shit? and did you bring up locomotive or estranged or did richard pullthem out of nowhere?

I mean thanks for sharing Mr.I beer but I see nothing that indicates anything one way or another

and i was gonna say "there is nothing special in it that it deserves a new topic IMHO" but some mod beat me to it hihi

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #504 on: June 30, 2006, 12:07:07 PM »

So, if Brian May was going to guest one night, but didn't make sound check, what songs were they going to play with Brian May??? I have to believe that the band has learned CITR, but maybe that won't be added until they get back to the United States.

Oh I am sure CITR was gonna be the song and the band does know it since they recordered it for the album, but ron told us the songs he learned for this tour and CITR was not one of them.

I dont see why they dont play citr, its leaked and they have dropped TWAT they should add that instead

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #505 on: June 30, 2006, 12:08:44 PM »

however I'd rather we begin playing some of the other new songs like "Catcher" or "Rhiad".  next, Um, yes I've been doing recording on the record pretty much since i joined the band. It's been an on-going process the entire time.

Seems there're lots more songs that he can't wait to play than just "Catcher" or "Rhiad". love
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #506 on: June 30, 2006, 12:08:55 PM »

how does this email say that they may play more new songs soon? he jsut said instead of other old songs he'd rather play the new stuff...and just cuz he said he likes the record and he recorded on the album means it's gonna be good? that makes no sense...what's he gonna say? the album is a peice of shit? and did you bring up locomotive or estranged or did richard pullthem out of nowhere?

I mean thanks for sharing Mr.I beer but I see nothing that indicates anything one way or another

and i was gonna say "there is nothing special in it that it deserves a new topic IMHO" but some mod beat me to it hihi

I think I actually brought up 4-5 classic gnr songs, and he then mentioned those two. It just was cool to finally see a new band member say they want to play MORE new tunes, hopefully a few of the guys are kickin that idea around with Axl. It also wouldn't hurt if Ron, Robin, or Stinson were telling Axl they like a couple old tunes and wouldn't mind playing them. peace
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #507 on: June 30, 2006, 12:10:39 PM »

It's gonna be so great when this album drops and the new band is playing 8-9 new songs each night and these guys will finally get all the credit they deserve. Soon, the "cover band" bullshit will be irrelevant, these guys time to shine is near and they all deserve it. ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #508 on: June 30, 2006, 12:12:38 PM »

Oh I am sure CITR was gonna be the song and the band does know it since they recordered it for the album, but ron told us the songs he learned for this tour and CITR was not one of them.

I dont see why they dont play citr, its leaked and they have dropped TWAT they should add that instead

I have a feeling that CITR will be on a followup album...i also have a feeling that Brian May helped out on The Blues. no source or reason really just CITR and the Blues seem very similar in structure

thanks for the followup MrI ok well ron and the fans are doing their best by singing DC while he plays it and i seem to recall Dizzy playing part of Civil War or reports of it anyway

@ ppbebe..i think you are right but he only says Rhiad and Catcher cuz we know those titles

New songs all in good time my freinds...we only have a little longer to wait i think Wink

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #509 on: June 30, 2006, 01:33:41 PM »

So, if Brian May was going to guest one night, but didn't make sound check, what songs were they going to play with Brian May???

My guess would be a Queen song, since pretty much everytime Brian has stepped on stage with guns before it was a Queen song they played.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #510 on: June 30, 2006, 01:36:40 PM »

So, if Brian May was going to guest one night, but didn't make sound check, what songs were they going to play with Brian May???

My guess would be a Queen song, since pretty much everytime Brian has stepped on stage with guns before it was a Queen song they played.

What about Catcher in the Rye?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #511 on: June 30, 2006, 01:38:59 PM »

they've pretty much ignored that leak so I'd say no no

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #512 on: June 30, 2006, 01:41:38 PM »

What about it?  Huh
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #513 on: June 30, 2006, 01:53:27 PM »

hey guys.. all you that are writing e-mails to bbf and 4tus can't you ask him about an official guns n roses web site.. not the gnronline but one that some update and stuff like that.. every band in the worlds got a website.. if we ask him about it he'll maybe ask axl or merck about it who knows it's worth a try aint it?

i did just that the other day Smiley
but asked bumblefoot.

Date:    29 Jun 2006 10:50 Flag spam/abuse. [ ? ]
Subject:    RE: hi
Body:    Hey!

Appreciate your thoughts Smiley Yeah, wish I could give an answer why GnR doesn't update their site (bizz question for management...)

bbf

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Jun 28, 2006 5:16 AM

hay as many people ive got to know you from the gnr tours and i like you very much!
Hope the new drummer is gettin on ok and brain is getting on well!
But i gota question about gnronline.com .
why isnt this page updated?
lots of other bands have a offical page with a forum but gnr dont?
I like others go to many other unoffical guns n roses fan forums! like heretodaygonetohell and www.thenewgnr.com ...
But the news there is often biased and alot of hate Sad
why dont all you current band members bring together a website to bind all your own solo band forums into one Smiley
so your bumblefoot site wont be full of gnr requests all the time nbut more of your solo work Smiley
if you need people to help im sure many of the big gnr forums would be glad to help a hand Wink
It does seem strange to me though bbecuase you and the other band members allways seem to be replying to fan email. which is why i think ura damm nice guy Smiley

but anyway thats enougth for now Tongue
Looking forward to the rest of the europe tour Tongue keep on rocking dude!

sam

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Origen
« Reply #514 on: June 30, 2006, 01:54:20 PM »

NOT Estranged, you've heard what the NR solos sound like now ?nervous. Estranged is an emotional link between Axls lyrics and Slash' guitar playing, and there's no way I would want any of the new guys playing that song no matter how much I would like to hear it live.

Now Locomotive, that would be pretty cool to hear. I'd be happy with them playing any Illusion song (in their rang) that they havn't played yet, like Locomotive, 14 Years, etc...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #515 on: June 30, 2006, 02:06:29 PM »

I think this means Catcher will be on THIS album.  It's a masterpiece.  Axl has 3 guitarists, I don't see why he can't tell one of them to learn May's parts.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #516 on: June 30, 2006, 02:14:11 PM »

What about it?? Huh

He played lead guitar on that song.....
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #517 on: June 30, 2006, 02:34:26 PM »

What about it?  Huh

He played lead guitar on that song.....

Yeah but as Axl said on Trunk he doesnt know if that is gonna stay on there or not. So if Brian guests with Guns in the future, expect them to do a Queen song because thats what they usually do when Brian guests.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #518 on: June 30, 2006, 04:26:39 PM »

I have a feeling that CITR will be on a followup album...i also have a feeling that Brian May helped out on The Blues. no source or reason really just CITR and the Blues seem very similar in structure

thanks for the followup MrI ok well ron and the fans are doing their best by singing DC while he plays it and i seem to recall Dizzy playing part of Civil War or reports of it anyway

@ ppbebe..i think you are right but he only says Rhiad and Catcher cuz we know those titles

New songs all in good time my freinds...we only have a little longer to wait i think Wink

Yeah but they are only similiar in structure because of the piano playing and songwriting. May's contribution was just the solos on catcher. The solo on the blues is very different and all Robin Finck so I doubt it. I'm sure we would know about it anyway by now.

I'd say Brian May will join Guns N Roses for the UK tour, most likely at the two Wembley Arena gigs. I can't see them doing a Queen show. If you look at all the setlists so far they haven't done any full covers except songs GnR did back in the day so I'd say it would be a new song, most likely Catcher which Fortus mentioned.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #519 on: June 30, 2006, 04:43:10 PM »

Yeah but they are only similiar in structure because of the piano playing and songwriting. May's contribution was just the solos on catcher. The solo on the blues is very different and all Robin Finck so I doubt it. I'm sure we would know about it anyway by now.

Well this topic is another oldie discussed after CITR was leaked in this thread...and May came in and worked on a few songs not just CITR check out my quotes i found in this thread

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=27045.msg491807#msg491807

this is the Post/quote I'm referring to most ok (and the quote is from Brian May May 10, 2000 that is posted on the main HTGTH site peace )

Note: I chopped it a bit to get to the important parts

BM: ....Axl was feeling he that was in a difficult place because the guitarist he'd been working with on this new album (Neemo edit: so is that Robin??) .... that'd done most of the tracks had departed and Axl had a real emotional attachment to what he'd done, and yet he didn't want him on the album .... because he'd disappeared, you know. So, he's sort of feeling a kind of divided loyalty and he said, 'Brian can you come and do stuff which I will like and I won't feel too bad about ditching this other stuff?'. So I did. I went over there and I think I played on three tracks and messed around on various other things. But it worked out pretty well, as far as I can tell.

here's the orig article so everyone can read it fully, I hope i didn't take things too far out of context nervous

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=250

So did Brian work on the Blues too? I still swear that CITR and the Blues sound very, very similar, and what's the 3rd track he worked on? This I Love?

regardless we'll find out in a month about May playing or not and what he plays and hopefully in the fall when we see official song writing credits ok

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: