Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:20:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Emails from Richard Fortus
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Emails from Richard Fortus  (Read 133457 times)
DemocracyRose
« Reply #340 on: January 12, 2006, 05:27:57 PM »

I have also received two emails from Richard... Most of it was not about GNR and they seemed real...
rainX
« Reply #341 on: January 12, 2006, 05:28:55 PM »

Oh please, both sites, htgth and mygnrforum are pathetic, grow up with your childish remarks

What would you base calling this forum pathetic on?

The fact that Sanctuary thought enough of it to offer to help host it?

The fact that news websites quote it in their news articles?

Or possibly the fact that you don't see people on other gnr forums constantly bashing it and calling it "elsewhere"

Maybe the fact that Jarmo is such a stand up guy, who can admit when he's wrong. That's kind of pathetic, I agree.

To try and bring this back to the topic one more time (Please, have the forum bashing go on in another thread or through PMs)

THIS BAND KICKS ASS, AND THEY DO CARE ABOUT THE FANS. THIS EVEN MORE MAKES ME THINK ABOUT HOW AMAZING THIS PROJECT IS GONNA BE, AND HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO THE MEMBERS INVOLVED TO HAVE STAYED WITH IT THIS LONG. I think the wait will be worth it, and it's been great getting to know this new members over the last few years while we wait. I feel like we know them so well now, like they are "the" band, and not "the new" band. They might always be known as the new guns n' roses, but in my heart they are OUR BAND!

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #342 on: January 12, 2006, 05:32:42 PM »

maybe '07, maybe never
Doesn't sound too confident, does he? 2006 may be the beginning of the end.

There is a change to his responses

Guess who has influenced him in the last few weeks. I wonder  Roll Eyes

Uh-oh-Axl is laying the hammer down on people blabbing! Shocked

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #343 on: January 12, 2006, 05:35:55 PM »

? maybe '07, maybe never
Doesn't sound too confident, does he? 2006 may be the beginning of the end.

There is a change to his responses

Guess who has influenced him in the last few weeks. I wonder? Roll Eyes

Uh-oh-Axl is laying the hammer down on people blabbing! Shocked

I wouldn't put it that way. You can tell when he has influenced a person's way of thinking though  Cheesy I could be wrong though
badapple81
« Reply #344 on: January 12, 2006, 05:41:36 PM »

Richard is very cool to keep responding to fans emails even though he gets emails like those probably all the time  ok

For anyone who thinks that GN'R are not a tight band, just look at how long these guys have stuck with and backed the project, and the loyalty they show in Axl & each other!
rainX
« Reply #345 on: January 12, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »

Right on dude!

This thread should be about how he's been loyal to us and tried to communicate with us the best he can. He gives honest responses to the questions he can answer, and I mean for fucks sake, we can e-mail someone in our favorite band. I know that when I e-mailed him, I didn't expect a response, but I got one, I know it might sound lame but i printed it out and I have it somewhere around here.

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #346 on: January 12, 2006, 05:50:54 PM »

so, that answer that "Richard" gave to that guy about the Slash interview is true?
sorry, but I got lost in this thread   confused

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #347 on: January 12, 2006, 05:53:07 PM »

so, that answer that "Richard" gave to that guy about the Slash interview is true?

Yes it's true  ok
badapple81
« Reply #348 on: January 12, 2006, 05:53:42 PM »

Right on dude!

This thread should be about how he's been loyal to us and tried to communicate with us the best he can. He gives honest responses to the questions he can answer, and I mean for fucks sake, we can e-mail someone in our favorite band. I know that when I e-mailed him, I didn't expect a response, but I got one, I know it might sound lame but i printed it out and I have it somewhere around here.

Exactly, to be able to email a member of Guns N' Roses is pretty damn cool! And Richard gives dignified responses even with questions like those we saw. I haven't emailed Richard but yeah, to get an email back from the GN'R guitarist would make my year too!
rainX
« Reply #349 on: January 12, 2006, 05:54:26 PM »

Yes, he did give that answer, and the person sending the question had also sent one rather dickish first email which wasn't getting posted, so it could make Richard look like an asshole.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 06:05:15 PM by rainX » Logged
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #350 on: January 12, 2006, 06:00:03 PM »

hmmmmm
thanks

but one last question... that email is true... so, that thing about "march is around the corner" is in fact true acourding a BAND MEMBER !?

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #351 on: January 12, 2006, 06:00:47 PM »

I also e-mailed Gilby and he answered me a couple of days after, amazing! Gilby was one of my idol when I was a kid, he was part of GN'R and we talked via e-mails as if we were friends. really cool ?beer

PS: He will have a new album coming out, you can order it on his website.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
rainX
« Reply #352 on: January 12, 2006, 06:02:10 PM »

hmmmmm
thanks

but one last question... that email is true... so, that thing about "march is around the corner" is in fact true acourding a BAND MEMBER !?

I think he was being sarcastic....
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #353 on: January 12, 2006, 06:03:46 PM »

hmmmmm
thanks

No what he means is that march is only just around the corner so if it were true we would have heard something official allready.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #354 on: January 12, 2006, 06:04:41 PM »

It seems Axl must know richards email account. rofl
hihi

Richard asked me to post these to avoid any confusion over whether or not he wrote them, and so that people could know exactly what he was responding to.

Richard is right.  yes

What about the Laurence's posts ? deliberately out of context. Some here were actually confused because of them.
We are told that the two unusual Richard's mails were responding to the rude mails written by the same person from some other site. Now do we know his privacy? Hell no.

If not for rfowebmaster's post, we's be left with the one sided stories from some other site.

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #355 on: January 12, 2006, 06:19:44 PM »

Oh please, both sites, htgth and mygnrforum are pathetic, grow up with your childish remarks

What would you base calling this forum pathetic on?

The fact that Sanctuary thought enough of it to offer to help host it?

The fact that news websites quote it in their news articles?

Or possibly the fact that you don't see people on other gnr forums constantly bashing it and calling it "elsewhere"

Maybe the fact that Jarmo is such a stand up guy, who can admit when he's wrong. That's kind of pathetic, I agree.

To try and bring this back to the topic one more time (Please, have the forum bashing go on in another thread or through PMs)

THIS BAND KICKS ASS, AND THEY DO CARE ABOUT THE FANS. THIS EVEN MORE MAKES ME THINK ABOUT HOW AMAZING THIS PROJECT IS GONNA BE, AND HOW MUCH IT MEANS TO THE MEMBERS INVOLVED TO HAVE STAYED WITH IT THIS LONG. I think the wait will be worth it, and it's been great getting to know this new members over the last few years while we wait. I feel like we know them so well now, like they are "the" band, and not "the new" band. They might always be known as the new guns n' roses, but in my heart they are OUR BAND!

tehe last paragraoh is one of the best posts i have ever seen here!

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #356 on: January 12, 2006, 06:40:13 PM »

So what this all means is that Slash's comments didn't mean shit, and were no closer than we were 4 years ago?

Sweet  rant

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #357 on: January 12, 2006, 06:58:52 PM »

... I know enough to know that Richard emails are correct? ..

Does this mean you actually spoke to Richard in person, and he told you that he was going to be forwarding a bunch of personal emails to a site webmaster to post on an open forum?? ?... Or are you drawing your "conclusion" based on what a fan from a website told you?? Just wondering.

.. As for your own site, what I say is not my opinion but an accepted opinion amongst those who know what is what. This is not my argument

If it's not your personal opinion, then why are you making such accusations?? Personally, our forum never gets involved in ridiculous forum wars. Way too childish and unprofessional.? And if you choose to listen to those who do - and blindly accept what they say as gospel - then that's a shame and it saddens me.? I thought you were smarter than that - and I have to admit you just lost my respect.? But hey - each to his own.? Peace.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 07:00:35 PM by madison » Logged

rainX
« Reply #358 on: January 12, 2006, 07:03:47 PM »

... I know enough to know that Richard emails are correct  ..

Does this mean you actually spoke to Richard in person, and he told you that he was going to be forwarding a bunch of personal emails to a site webmaster to post on an open forum?   ... Or are you drawing your "conclusion" based on what a fan from a website told you?  Just wondering.

.. As for your own site, what I say is not my opinion but an accepted opinion amongst those who know what is what. This is not my argument

If it's not your personal opinion, then why are you making such accusations?  Personally, our forum never gets involved in ridiculous forum wars. Way too childish and unprofessional.  And if you choose to listen to those who do - and blindly accept what they say as gospel - then that's a shame and it saddens me.  I thought you were smarter than that - and I have to admit you just lost my respect.  But hey - each to his own.  Peace.

Didn't the webmaster say he just forwarded him the text not the e-mails themselves, so he could post them? What's wrong with that?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #359 on: January 12, 2006, 07:04:39 PM »

I know about being skeptical, but what exactly would the gain be for a webmaster to post fake e-mails?

Don't you think Richard would be a bit upset if somebody else posted e-mails in his name?

Or you don't think the guy is the actual webmaster?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: