Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:41:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Emails from Richard Fortus
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Emails from Richard Fortus  (Read 134742 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #320 on: January 12, 2006, 12:08:25 PM »

He at least makes an effort to give some kind of a concrete answer in the current world of GNR vague-ness. I get the feeling that he would at times like to say more
You hit the nail on the head. That is the reason I like Richard more than any of the new GNR members. He's in a really tough spot, and he always seems to go out of his way to answer questions, regardless of how dumb the question is, and he obviously respects the GNR fanbase. When he starts going down the same path as other members and says CD is more mindblowing than the birth of Jesus Christ, the invention of the wheel, and the discovery of penicillin, I will start to lose my respect for him. If anyone ever lets the cat out of the bag and says the album isnt coming out, never was coming out, a hoax, etc., it will probably be Richard who says it.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #321 on: January 12, 2006, 12:24:53 PM »

You hit the nail on the head. That is the reason I like Richard more than any of the new GNR members. He's in a really tough spot, and he always seems to go out of his way to answer questions, regardless of how dumb the question is, and he obviously respects the GNR fanbase.

You definetly have to give Richard props for his honesty-I mean, shit he actually said that if it were anybody but Axl, he'd have left the project a long time ago!  hihi

Well parts the second half of the message were pretty harsh! Funny thing is, when you send him a shitty email you actually get more of a response then "we hope to be touring again one day... the end". I for one thought the email was brilliant, at least the part with the quotes anyways.

To me it's a question of civility though-the guy asks you politely right on his site not to ask him about Chinese Democracy and people go and do it anyway, often in a very snarky manner-he answers it anyway (I wouldn't), and then you send him another email grilling him over shit like he's the all-knowing messiah of gnr! I don't think his negative responses are more revealing- the whole 'maybe 2007 maybe never' comment reads to me more like being a wise ass back  to the punk writer than a condemnation of Axl. I could be wrong. Still, I think manners are a valuable thing to use when communicating with anybody.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 12:33:26 PM by NickNasty06: Vengeance » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #322 on: January 12, 2006, 12:33:47 PM »

Man, I can't belive what a DICK some people are when they write to Richard!!!!

Well parts the second half of the message were pretty harsh! Funny thing is, when you send him a shitty email you actually get more of a response then "we hope to be touring again one day... the end". I for one thought the email was brilliant, at least the part with the quotes anyways.

I think since these band "members" have made all of these statements giving us false hope they should be called out on it. I'm stoked you wrote that shit in the email... it's about time!!

I get that he says we'll all live w/out the album... blah blah blah. But really the only reason I come to this board is because of the new band and the fact that they have supposedly been working on this album and say they will tour again. If it isn't going to come out then please stop fucking with the people who support you and have been waiting for years for this shit to come out.

After reading his reply I'm almost ready to give up hope. Really, there have probably been more hints dropped that the album will never come out than anything.

well  there are few persons related to axl left, who didn`t make any false statements about CD yet.... i don`t think they are to blame for it and i don?t think they lied to us. the praising of CD is another thing.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #323 on: January 12, 2006, 01:03:36 PM »

The Mystery unravelled. And it has a humorous twist!
Bluecandy= Laurence!
 rofl rofl rofl

Well, if this is true, then it sounds like even Richard is under the impression that this album has the chance of not being released.

Nope.
See how the conversation goes, mate. Wink

Quote from: richard
You think he knows more than everyone else you
quoted previously? God bless you. I hope Santa was good to you.

"everyone else laurence quoted previously"= the members of gnr
Message #1:
> here are a few comments from other members of gnr about cd release
> tommy- a hairs breadth away
> dizzy- see you in march with the new album
> tommy the album is finished were waiting for artwork
> axl -see you next year with new songs (rir)
> tommy- touching the launchpad,
> all these comments are from months ago,if not years,
> why do members of this band keep lying to fans & getting there hopes up when they obviously cant deliver the goods

i put it to you that the album does not exist(tm)

I agree with Nytunz, madagas and nick.  Angry

Quote from: richard
maybe '07, maybe never

That reads as the little wanker of non brain existence?  doesn't deserve CD.

BTW, what "xoxox" means? is it like xxx? Huh
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #324 on: January 12, 2006, 01:09:44 PM »

kisses (x) and hugs (o) ok

this set of emails is bogus IMHO but whatever. even if it's real i would get pretty pissed off myself when all people as me is "when is CD coming out" like 100 emails a day. I just wouldn't answer any of them or put "for CD you'll have to wait and see" in my sig or something.

* Edit: * Again if these emails are true, i think Richard is finding out how obessed music fans can be. It can get pretty scary from what I see on this board sometimes, I wonder if it's the same on the other side of the coin nervous nervous
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 01:13:40 PM by Neemo » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #325 on: January 12, 2006, 01:35:04 PM »

Ta neemo. Richard has class....

i think Richard is finding out how obessed music fans can be. It can get pretty scary from what I see on this board sometimes,

ditto. many times. nervous
And he gives kisses and hugs to the scary bruto   Kiss
madagas
« Reply #326 on: January 12, 2006, 01:44:12 PM »

James, apparently you can't read! Richard says the album is  "truly an amazing piece of work"-right in the email! Pretty good compliment. Tommy is the one who said some of the songs are mindblowing and epic. That is all he said. Give the guy a fucking break and quit over exaggerating the point. If Tommy thinks the album is great and Richard thinks it is an amazing piece of work, what the fuck is the difference? They like the album they made and are proud of it. If it never comes out, that has nothing to do with the quality of the record and the truth of their statements. It just means Axl is one crazy mofo!? peace
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 01:46:15 PM by madagas » Logged
patience26
Rocker

There`s someone in my head, but it?s not me...

« Reply #327 on: January 12, 2006, 01:52:09 PM »

The Mystery unravelled. And it has a humorous twist!
Bluecandy= Laurence!
 rofl rofl rofl

I was thinking exacly the same!!!

Blame it on the Falung Gong!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #328 on: January 12, 2006, 03:32:04 PM »

this set of emails is bogus IMHO but whatever. even if it's real i would get pretty pissed off myself when all people as me is "when is CD coming out" like 100 emails a day. I just wouldn't answer any of them or put "for CD you'll have to wait and see" in my sig or something.

* Edit: * Again if these emails are true, i think Richard is finding out how obessed music fans can be. It can get pretty scary from what I see on this board sometimes, I wonder if it's the same on the other side of the coin nervous nervous

The emails are 100% real and true.  ok
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2006, 04:47:35 PM »

? maybe '07, maybe never
Doesn't sound too confident, does he? 2006 may be the beginning of the end.

There is a change to his responses

Guess who has influenced him in the last few weeks. I wonder  Roll Eyes
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #330 on: January 12, 2006, 04:48:04 PM »

Richard asked me to post these to avoid any confusion over whether or not he wrote them, and so that people could know exactly what he was responding to. Also, to clear up that it is Richard Fortus who reads and answers the e-mails via his interact section at richardfortusonline.com.

- Webmaster
? the official website of richard fortus

No offense -- but this post just reinforces the speculation that Richard didn't answer those emails at all. How would the webmaster have access to personal emails sent to Richard?? Did Richard just happen to forward all of his emails to him?? Makes no sense.? And - on top of that - you reveal the identity of the person who sent the emails?? Really unprofessional.? ?To me, your post makes it appear - more than ever - that it was the fan who ran that site who received and answered the emails. jmo.?

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2006, 04:50:34 PM »

Richard asked me to post these to avoid any confusion over whether or not he wrote them, and so that people could know exactly what he was responding to. Also, to clear up that it is Richard Fortus who reads and answers the e-mails via his interact section at richardfortusonline.com.

- Webmaster

No offense -- but this post just reinforces the speculation that Richard didn't answer those emails at all. How would the webmaster have access to personal emails sent to Richard?? Did Richard just happen to forward all of his emails to him?? Makes no sense.? And - on top of that - you reveal the identity of the person who sent the emails?? Really unprofessional.? ?To me, your post makes it appear - more than ever - that it was the fan who ran that site who received and answered the emails. jmo.?

The posts are from Fortus

You should worry more about the conduct of your own site
Eric
« Reply #332 on: January 12, 2006, 04:51:43 PM »

Mysteron, are you less confident of a spring release?
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #333 on: January 12, 2006, 04:58:35 PM »

- Webmaster

Oh - you spoke to Richard in person did you?  Right.
As for the conduct of our site -- we never reveal the personal identities of our members to anyone.  If you think it's cool for a site webmaster - or *Richard - as you claim* - to reveal the identity of someone that sends him an email, then you have a lot to learn about ethics and conduct.   Ever hear the expression - people in glass houses should never throw rocks?  You might consider it before taking shots at me or our site next time.

rfowebmaster
Opening Act

here today.....

« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2006, 05:01:28 PM »

- Webmaster
  the official website of richard fortus

No offense -- but this post just reinforces the speculation that Richard didn't answer those emails at all. How would the webmaster have access to personal emails sent to Richard?  Did Richard just happen to forward all of his emails to him?  Makes no sense.  And - on top of that - you reveal the identity of the person who sent the emails?  Really unprofessional.   To me, your post makes it appear - more than ever - that it was the fan who ran that site who received and answered the emails. jmo. 

He asked me to make this post. If you don't believe it, that's your problem. Also, we didn't reveal the e-mail address of the poster, just the name that appears when e-mails are sent. We did not post the persons name, just a tag name.

The "fan" who runs the website is me, and while I may be a GNR fan, I can assure you I am a professional web developer who would never even think about reading or answering a clients e-mail.

- webmaster
  the official website of richard fortus

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #335 on: January 12, 2006, 05:07:45 PM »

**Grabs popcorn**

This thread is getting kinda fun now! rofl

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #336 on: January 12, 2006, 05:09:36 PM »

- Webmaster

Oh - you spoke to Richard in person did you?? Right.
As for the conduct of our site -- we never reveal the personal identities of our members to anyone.? If you think it's cool for a site webmaster - or *Richard - as you claim* - to reveal the identity of someone that sends him an email, then you have a lot to learn about ethics and conduct.? ?Ever hear the expression - people in glass houses should never throw rocks?? You might consider it before taking shots at me or our site next time.

I know enough to know that Richard emails are correct and true and I know enough to ensure you that Richard's webmaster and staff are extremely trustable beings, and part of the GN'R community.

As for your own site, what I say is not my opinion but an accepted opinion amongst those who know what is what. This is not my argument
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 05:14:16 PM by Mysteron » Logged
rainX
« Reply #337 on: January 12, 2006, 05:14:22 PM »

Wait..... did Madison just question the credibility of another site?

Gee, how about during the 2002 tour, when mygnrforum was peppered with ads linking buyers to SCALPERS selling OVERPRICED gnr tickets.

Or should we get into the Lori discussion?

I'm sure I could get BP to stop by, maybe bring up a couple other things.

You really should put your little head between your legs, run back to your board where your throngs adore you and think you have so much "inside" access, and pretend to be high and mighty over there.

Back to the topic, I think this whole thing proves once again that the members of GNR do notice the boards, and that they also kick ass and have a great fucking attitude. Perfect for GNR!

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #338 on: January 12, 2006, 05:17:46 PM »

- Webmaster

Oh - you spoke to Richard in person did you?? Right.
As for the conduct of our site -- we never reveal the personal identities of our members to anyone.? If you think it's cool for a site webmaster - or *Richard - as you claim* - to reveal the identity of someone that sends him an email, then you have a lot to learn about ethics and conduct.? ?Ever hear the expression - people in glass houses should never throw rocks?? You might consider it before taking shots at me or our site next time.

I know enough to know that Richard emails are correct and true and I know enough to ensure you that Richard's webmaster and staff are extremely trustable beings, and part of the GN'R community.

As for your own site, what I say is not my opinion but an accepted opinion amongst those who know what is what. This is not my argument

Oh please, both sites, htgth and mygnrforum are pathetic, grow up with your childish remarks

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #339 on: January 12, 2006, 05:20:02 PM »

No offense -- but this post just reinforces the speculation that Richard didn't answer those emails at all.
Madison, you are wrong here, and I have to agree with Mysteron.
I recieved myself 2 e-mails of Richard( I don't want to post them but they were cool e-mails, he was really nice), we are still "in talk" via e-mails (I'm waiting for his answers again), and I know it's him who wrote the mails I received.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 05:26:40 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: