Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:07:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Maynard Mention Guns N Roses, and discuss recording prosess
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maynard Mention Guns N Roses, and discuss recording prosess  (Read 3189 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« on: July 27, 2006, 08:10:50 AM »

Dont know if this is the right section.. But we can may discuss it here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjmFSh6cZqQ&NR

Does he have a point..?

Listen to the first 2 minutes..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 08:22:00 AM »

He definitely has a point. Without knowing anything, from the outside from 98-2001 really what was happening was GnR being reformed, a new lineup being slowly assembled. The studio time there was in all likelihood a write off from the point of view of usable material- maybe good to see a dynamic in the group evolving, but certainly not an efficient use of resources. It's seemed for most of the past 15 years that GnR have never really had written songs ready to go in the studio, in perhaps the same way as they did for AFD.

But frankly, Axl was in a unique position seemingly- in assemmbling a band there will always be false starts, and so comparing the recording of CD to almost anything else in purely financial terms is misleading- because most of the process wasn't about creativity, the process of composition and recording a record; it was about creating an environment in which that and the touring adjuncts could successfully happen.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:22:49 AM »

I haven't watched it, but if MJK said it then it must be right.

Grin

Seriously though,

I did watch it and it's the same old argument really, nothing new.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 08:43:50 AM »

Obviously what's been said about the recording process in the past has made it sound pretty damn meticulous. They record loads of material, individual ideas and such, and then compiled them into songs. Obviously going back and forth the library of cool ideas and tinkering with separate bits and pieces on different mixes takes a whole lot of time.

At the moment, they do seem to be in a position where they can write songs by jamming together and going with the 'flow', the same sense the old lineup wrote for AFD. And they'd better, aside from Ron this lineup's been together for four years.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 08:51:09 AM »

He definitely has a point. Without knowing anything, from the outside from 98-2001 really what was happening was GnR being reformed, a new lineup being slowly assembled. The studio time there was in all likelihood a write off from the point of view of usable material- maybe good to see a dynamic in the group evolving, but certainly not an efficient use of resources. It's seemed for most of the past 15 years that GnR have never really had written songs ready to go in the studio, in perhaps the same way as they did for AFD.

But frankly, Axl was in a unique position seemingly- in assemmbling a band there will always be false starts, and so comparing the recording of CD to almost anything else in purely financial terms is misleading- because most of the process wasn't about creativity, the process of composition and recording a record; it was about creating an environment in which that and the touring adjuncts could successfully happen.

I can't see what Maynard says while I'm at work, but the above is a great point. Anyone who is/has been in a band knows that it takes some time to develop chemistry, and on the level that Guns is at in terms of notoriety and expectation it's pretty obvious that he will want to make sure it's good before he releases something. The endless complaints about the songs stagnating, or his perfectionist nature really only make sense if you assume that he wants no input from any other members.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 01:39:16 PM »

Maynard should shut the fuck up about Axl. The man can't even write songs. Tool songs are just monotonous seven minute soundscapes. I could write a Tool album in a day. Maynards formula is to write a seven minute soundscape with moaning, and then times it by 10, and you have a new Tool album. The funny thing is he's such a tool that it takes him 5 years to do this. 
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 01:46:34 PM »

Maynard should shut the fuck up about Axl. The man can't even write songs. Tool songs are just monotonous seven minute soundscapes. I could write a Tool album in a day. Maynards formula is to write a seven minute soundscape with moaning, and then times it by 10, and you have a new Tool album. The funny thing is he's such a tool that it takes him 5 years to do this.?
I doubt you even listened to what he said, but if you did then you clearly missed the point. Roll Eyes
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 03:26:18 PM »

Maynard should shut the fuck up about Axl. The man can't even write songs. Tool songs are just monotonous seven minute soundscapes. I could write a Tool album in a day. Maynards formula is to write a seven minute soundscape with moaning, and then times it by 10, and you have a new Tool album. The funny thing is he's such a tool that it takes him 5 years to do this.?

haha! Is this the most patetic post of the year???  hihi  rofl  hihi  rofl

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 03:30:08 PM »

No, you coulden't. Tool's lyrics are the best out there. Most bands don't know how to write lyrics.

Also, Maynard is a part of tool and a perfect circle. At least he was... so that's the reason for the big delays.

Your post is clearly what they define as: Missing The Point or Off Base.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 04:35:09 PM »

I know Maynards point is that you should have the material ready before you get in the studio. My point is that he should shut the fuck up about GnR. He's just pissed off at Axl for insulting his kind in the song "One in a Million".
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 04:41:21 PM »

Get a grip Matt.  There's nothing derogatory about his comments, just observations.  You probably couldn't write Mary Had a Little Lamb, let alone a Tool album.  Also, I think Maynerd has a wife so your arguement is pure shite.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 04:43:38 PM »

I know Maynards point is that you should have the material ready before you get in the studio. My point is that he should shut the fuck up about GnR. He's just pissed off at Axl for insulting his kind in the song "One in a Million".

and your just as bad by saying what u just said.. Back the fuck off this tread, or stay on topic!

Maynard does not say anything bad about Axl or GnR, he just took the words out of the interviewers mouth, that GnR has been working loong on this album..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 04:52:11 PM »

Maynard should shut the fuck up about Axl. The man can't even write songs. Tool songs are just monotonous seven minute soundscapes. I could write a Tool album in a day. Maynards formula is to write a seven minute soundscape with moaning, and then times it by 10, and you have a new Tool album. The funny thing is he's such a tool that it takes him 5 years to do this. 

whatever dude, ALOT goes into Tool man!!

ITS ART, NOT FOR RADIO POP FUCKS LIKE YOU!!

are you callin' him a nigga now Huh Huh Huh

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 04:54:30 PM »

I get it, I get it. Your motto is: "When I have no argument, I resort to insults."
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 05:01:04 PM »

Not at all. I'm not insulting Maynard for being gay. I thought that maybe he was pissed off at Axl for insulting gays, and that's why he always talks shit about GnR. I saw APC open for NIN and he can thank pro-tools for the way his voice sounds on cd. The worst singer i've ever seen live, other than Vince Neil.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 05:04:16 PM »

He did say something like "asshole dictator talking to peons" when talking on how to make a record, but i havent heard him mention GNR yet

Also said he doesnt "live in a mansion and drive around in a rolls royce like a decline of western civilization type thing"
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 05:18:02 PM »

By now G'n'R's recording process for Chinese Democracy is pretty legendary sad to say. So people will take slight digs in interviews and all. If Axl can deliver the album that makes people " choke on it " then people will hail his genuis again.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 05:20:06 PM »

Not at all. I'm not insulting Maynard for being gay. I thought that maybe he was pissed off at Axl for insulting gays, and that's why he always talks shit about GnR. I saw APC open for NIN and he can thank pro-tools for the way his voice sounds on cd. The worst singer i've ever seen live, other than Vince Neil.

im sure u heard what u want to hear..
I saw Tool at Roskilde this summer.. And there is no one singing better live, than Maynard James Keenan. Axl is there right with him.. Axl has proved that this tour.

He did say something like "asshole dictator talking to peons" when talking on how to make a record, but i havent heard him mention GNR yet

Also said he doesnt "live in a mansion and drive around in a rolls royce like a decline of western civilization type thing"

Yeah, but i dont think he was talking about Axl, but about alot of singers in general.. We know Axl isnt like that, when we hear by many of the new GnR members that this really is a 8th person project, and that everyone is involved.. I think thats what Axl`s been working hard with... Getting GnR to ?be a band again..
So that sure is one reason why it has taken this long to realease CD.

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 05:29:42 PM »

See here, you continue to use insults regardless of what you say.

You have no substance.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »

This isn't the first time that Maynard has brought Axl's name, or band up. I have no problem when a musical genious like Trent comments on Axl, but when some clown like Maynard talks shit, it pisses me off. The demos we've heard from Axl and the boys are better then anything Maynard has done in his entire career. Axl is trying to do something that has  never been done, where as Maynard cranks out the same repetitive crap, album after album.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: