Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:12:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Another rumor-take it for what it's worth
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another rumor-take it for what it's worth  (Read 13986 times)
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 04:49:14 PM »

If its true it will be Brian May, they will probably play Catcher in the Rye! Axl and May tried to sort something out for the Hammersmith show but it never worked out. The band seem to be very open about press releases this time round, it really wouldnt suprise me if Axl does let some info out on stage, we will probably get a press release the day after the last Wembley show, which is on a Sunday, saying how successful the tour was and when CD gets released. Either way we only have to wait until monday to find out!

Jonx
GonsaNRoses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 04:53:36 PM »

Ron said that he learn RHIAD soooooooo
MAAAAAYBE they'll play it...
maybe no.
who knows

let's wait and see...

DON'T KNOW about catcher... I don't think that they'll play it in this tour

I hope to be wrong.
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 04:55:30 PM »

I really hope that it's true  Cheesy

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2006, 05:01:37 PM »

the new song will be catcher in the rye for sure , it would make perfect sense.

as far as the release date goes , its bullshit ok
Origen
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 05:05:30 PM »

the new song will be catcher in the rye for sure

Why?

From all the leaks this one came from a difference source as if it wasn't ment to be with the rest.

The song has never been played yet.

Axl said he doesn't know whether it will be on the album.

Axl said Brian May played on the demo and that's all, is even if it is on the album it won't be Brian May playing guitar on it.

When Brian May has played with GnR in the past it's always been covers:
Tie Your Mother Down
We Will Rock You
Knockin' on Heavens Door

So no if Brian May does make an appearance it isn't "for sure" that it will be CITR, imo it deffiantly won't be.
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »

some guy here myspaced bumblefoot asking him about if they have surprises for the Wembley concert...and he said something like "You'll see", so i believe this.

yeah that was me who mged him vout that "now if i told u that wouldspoil the suprise wouldnt it Smiley " is wot he said  Grin

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2006, 05:15:36 PM »

Maybe bf meant Brian May. and Riyadh would be nice.

oh, and for those wonderin i get this from a sound technician who works back stage. he is a roadie with them and he also said at download when axl walked off for "technical problems" he was telling beta back stage that he wanted to leave, and both times it was beta that convinced him to go back on stage and she actually used st. louis against him the first time and told him "you don't want another st. louis do you?" and axl didn't say anything and then a few minutes later said he would go back on stage, but he was actually going to leave at download!

The other version of download back stage bs story was funnier.
I donno whether the roadies tend to love having jokes on the fans or a sentence like "oh, and for those wonderin i get this from a sound technician who works back stage" should be always read  "Oh and for those wonderin, i just made this up"

I hope Mysteron can prove this poster/rumor to be false

Do you really? confused
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2006, 05:19:45 PM »

Maybe bf meant Brian May. and Riyadh would be nice.

oh, and for those wonderin i get this from a sound technician who works back stage. he is a roadie with them and he also said at download when axl walked off for "technical problems" he was telling beta back stage that he wanted to leave, and both times it was beta that convinced him to go back on stage and she actually used st. louis against him the first time and told him "you don't want another st. louis do you?" and axl didn't say anything and then a few minutes later said he would go back on stage, but he was actually going to leave at download!

The other version of download back stage bs story was funnier.
I donno whether the roadies tend to love having jokes on the fans or a sentence like "oh, and for those wonderin i get this from a sound technician who works back stage" should be always read? "Oh and for those wonderin, i just made this up"

I hope Mysteron can prove this poster/rumor to be false

Do you really? confused

What was the other backstage story?  I didn't hear it.

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2006, 05:20:20 PM »

When this UK leg of the tour got announced, I had a hope/wish/dream that Axl may give some info about what is going on, even if it is only a snippet, such as "the first single is" or something along that line.

Unless they've been doing some work on the tour, I somehow doubt we'll get a release date for the album on Saturday or Sunday, as I'm sure Axl said on the Eddie Trunk show that they were still working on a few songs and tha the tracklisting was not complete. I guess this work would kind of happen between the end of the UK tour and the first show in the US, with perhaps some sort of announcement in between.

Despite what some doubters think, an announcement at the MTV awards at the end of August would seem plausible for a release between late October and late November.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2006, 05:23:11 PM »

that would be a really cool thing to do...and yeah...brian may...citr is what i immediately thought too
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2006, 05:25:57 PM »

doesn't say anything about a roadie or sound tech...

he mentions in another post that he gets his info from a roadie/sound tech.

He divulged that after the Newcastle incident and the band walked off stage.

you're totally right. what actually happened is that axl got pissed at the guy throwing shit and left, and then back stage beta and others were trying to calm him down and kept saying "go back out there and finish the song, then you can leave."

axl started going to his dressing room and supposedly yelled "i'm not fucking taking this shit anymore, the show is fucking over and i'm going home" and beta told him, "axl if you walk away now you walk away forever. they're not going to tolerate this any more" and then after a bit more of this axl decided to go back out and finish the song.

they released a press release saying it was two coins to cover this up. for a moment axl almost caused another "early exit" and there probably would have been people criticizing him etc. like they did for the st louis show, so by releasing a press release quickly they are covering their asses. smart pr move!

I hope Mysteron can prove this poster/rumor to be false yes

Bullshit. We all know it was Yoda that convinced Axl to go back and perform. Not Beta.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
EFISH
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2006, 05:42:55 PM »

Bullshit. We all know it was Yoda that convinced Axl to go back and perform. Not Beta.

It's true. My friend (a roadie) actually took a picture with his camera phone...

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2006, 06:03:44 PM »

I could see Brian May joining to play CITR.  Axl pulled out all the stops at the LAST Hammerstein show bring out Izzy, Kid Rock, and Sebastian.  Wouldn't be surprised if they played the fourth leaked track with the man who played guitar on it who hails from the UK.  But I would SERIOUSLY doubt we'd get a CD release date during a concert.  I just don't see THAT happening.  At least nothing official.  I don't see Axl stopping the who to say, "mark your calendars, the new CD will hit the stores on November 13th.  If anything he'd stick to the "late fall" mantra.  But hey, what do I know?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2006, 06:07:27 PM »

He will probably leave us guessing, gagging for an explanation for the tour...head back home and go quiet on us for a few weeks, and then if we are very lucky something dramatic might happen.

It seems so long ago he first appeared at that Korn party and stunned everyone

Here today...ready to rock
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

I would imagine if he would say anything it would be at this show, and even then I think all we would get is a "Thank you, Look for our album this fall, and we hope to see you again next year!"

I doubt we will get any kind of certainty from the stage. The good news is Fortus has said August is gonna be a pretty busy month, so hopefully the album gets finalized, they take some press pics, and maybe so some interviews. As great as the past few months have been, August/Early Sept are going to be very telling what the next step will be, or if there even is one at this juncture. I will say I'd be a lot more worried if Inland Invasion wasn't scheduled, as it makes it look like there is an actual plan  in place this time.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2006, 06:11:31 PM »

how would axl even know the release date if he hasn't give the final copy to record company. The record company would make that decision I'm assuming and since they don't have an album yet I find highly unlikely axl would give a specific date. I don't doubt the roadie said something but i doubt it would happen either way.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2006, 06:15:11 PM »

how would axl even know the release date if he hasn't give the final copy to record company. The record company would make that decision I'm assuming and since they don't have an album yet I find highly unlikely axl would give a specific date. I don't doubt the roadie said something but i doubt it would happen either way.

I imagine this is yet another thing he has taken control of over the years, that he has final say over EVERYTHING involving GNR. If he  didn't have the say they would have taken the mixes and put them out years ago.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2006, 06:20:25 PM »

As the tour goes into the U.S. and CD expected in the fall, I expect to hear more songs from CD soon. Bring on the prostitute.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2006, 06:23:51 PM »

It's true. My friend (a roadie) actually took a picture with his camera phone...

Hahahaha...that is funny shit.

Before the U.S. Tour, more training with Yoda, Axl will have.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2006, 06:40:08 PM »

Do you guys actualkly think, after all these years of torment and torture, that we'll have any info before the September date in CA?  My money would be on more silence and no info and no released material or release date prior to that show.  Axl is all about self destruction.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: