Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:39:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  What do your parents think of your music?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do your parents think of your music?  (Read 5458 times)
SuperMike
« on: July 26, 2006, 11:46:48 AM »

My mom finished school in the mid-70's, so she's really not into 80's music but she don't mind GN'R. She likes patience and scom. We share some taste in bands like The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Doors, Eric Calpton and other classic Rock stuff. Do your folks disagree with your music taste?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 11:48:59 AM »

My mom and I listen to some of the same music:

Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Pink Floyd, etc...
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 01:01:47 PM »

My parents stopped listening to music in the seventies, so I don't value their opinion.  They think metal is noise, and barely even give GN'R the time of day.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 01:08:04 PM »

my parents listen to country and early 60's pop shite so they hate my music hihi

Evolution
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 01:25:32 PM »

They are into some of the lighter side of my music taste, they think GN'R are a bit too loud for their liking.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 01:28:33 PM »

GnR is the "light side" of my music hihi

When drunk my dad sings the songs though if they are on the radio or stereo rofl

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 01:39:02 PM »

They dont approve - but then i'd be horrified if they did like it

Quick! To the bandwagon!
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 02:12:02 PM »

well my father bought my mother AFD the day it was released, my dad owns every record jimi hendrix ever came out with on vinyl, all 70's and sixtys vinyl and living colour. thats what they listen too. they might like one metallica song i listen to, but we like the beatles and doors and clapton

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 03:11:40 PM »

My parents sorta like the same music as I do but only the lighter side hehe, they like the stones, Pink floyd, Queen, etc....
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 10:34:56 PM »

GnR is the "light side" of my music hihi

When drunk my dad sings the songs though if they are on the radio or stereo rofl

Haha. Should pop in some Rebel Meets Rebel if they are into country Neemo.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 10:39:40 PM »

They enjoy my classical music (good for long drives) and think black, thrash, and death metal are just noise. They'll tolerate some classic metal, though. They really only hear my music when I'm driving and they're in the car.
Shirell
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 07:37:41 AM »

I AM the parent and the kids Love my music!  GNR, Rolling Stones, Wolfmother, Led Zep, Ramones, The Clash anf Sex Pistols usually, whats not to love!!!!
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 07:54:36 AM »

My dad is mostly into older rock n' roll (and blues also) like The Stones, The Who Clapton, Hendrix, Hurriganes, Thorogood, Peer G?nt etc.. But he also listens to 80's rock stuff like Whitesnake, Kiss, Queen, Hanoi Rocks blaablaa.. So I'm kinda surprised that he never really got into Gn'R as he doesn't own any of their records, altough he knows alot of their songs and sometimes sings along hihi And I was also surprised how much he knew about Slash and Axl beer Once I was watching November Rain video when he came in to my room and was like "Oh I remember this.. simply amazing song, wait for the end part, the solo is wonderful." And then he added "Glad you're listening to some great music instead of that hip-hop-flop-flop shit".. I also played Rocket Queen to my mom and she really liked it. She was just "This is Guns n' Roses? No way.. no it can't be.. this is a great tune.. wait.. is someone having sex at the background?" smoking Couple of days later radio played Patience and she didn't believe that it's Gn'R's song Cheesy

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 08:05:27 AM »

My mother is mostly into greek music but she has no problem with the music i listen to. She is used to it. My father used to listen to Rock music... he was the one that bought me my first record when I was little... the AFD  beer

sesor
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 08:21:49 PM »

well being 16 and not having any money, and my friends not having any money, i managed to con my mum and her boyfriend tot ake me to see gnr otheriwse i wouldnt of been able to see em.
her boyfriend likes them, he likes stuff like david bowie mainly. he loves iron maiden though.
my mum normally shouts at me to turn it down her most common moan is "i'm fed up of guns n' roses and guitars". but after the gig she really likes them and plays AFD in the car all the time! ^.^ her fave song on it is it's so easy haha so not only did i get to see gnr but i managed to get some decent music on when i'm stuck going out with her aswell!
my dads taste is laodsa diff stuff, he loves ac/dc. but also like rap stuff. he like the foo's and chilli peppers aswell. and he just bought the black album. he doesnt like any other metallica though, niehter does my mum.
they still dont agree wiht my metallica or pantera etc.. =(  but its getting there ^.^

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
EFISH
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 08:27:23 PM »

alright.. ill just post this here...

I was watching the UYI DVDs today and my mom (about 50 years old) walks in..

she says wtf... axl rose looks like a girl and he's wearing underwear! he must be gay! i assured her that he's not hihi but she was just like 'sure  Roll Eyes and wow"....

she doesnt have really any taste in music, she likes barabra streisand.. oh and when slash played his Nov Rain solo she said 'daaaaamn that guys rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

but im still argueing with her bout axl's sexuality, lol... i think ill go show her one in a million hihi
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 08:49:05 PM »

My mom is actually seeing the red hot chili peppers with me and my friend
ahahahha.  anything to get in for free.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 03:47:50 AM »

My mom is actually seeing the red hot chili peppers with me and my friend
ahahahha.? anything to get in for free.

But that's just cool Cheesy

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 06:19:15 AM »

Erm -- My parents like some of the music I am into because my Uncle and them were such huge influences (they started me on Led Zepp and the Doors etc) so they Like that I listen to the 'good 'ol stuff' and not rap, etc. 

At the same time, any mention of new rock bands, no matter how alike to the old ones -- they dont like at all.  And not at all loud!  They want me to play rock music quietly.   Cry

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 07:44:38 AM »

mom doesnt listen to music lol.

my dad likes alot of the stuff i like, as he liked it firs.t

but alot of modern stuff hes not too struck on.

html sucks
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: