Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 09:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy (the song): The new opener?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy (the song): The new opener?  (Read 8229 times)
mr self destruct
Headliner

That's not stardust on my feet

« on: July 25, 2006, 08:47:11 PM »

Think about it: you've waited for hours for Gn'R to come to stage... Then finally, the lights go off and the intro starts, the one we've heard played before Chinese Democracy song. Then Robin comes on stage and plays the main riff from the song, just like in the hammerstein gigs and after that, song properly kicks in with the rest of the band with Axl's vocals and show goes on. In my opinion that'd be cool as hell. Only thing I would miss about WTTJ as the opener would be Axl's scream "Do you know where the fuck you are!!!"

They haven't played the song a lot on European tour, and like someone said about TWAT, that they are saving the song for latter use, I have started to think that they are saving CD also.

Maybe we will get a set list change (that you've all been craving so hard ok) as soon as when the US tour starts, or at least when they release album. After that I would like to see Chinese Democracy as the new show opener.

But as it comes to that scream that I would miss, maybe Axl should invent a new for this song. Like with full rage and fury that Axl ever has in his lungs: "CHIIIINEEESEEEE DEEEMOCRAAACYYYY STAAARTS NOOOOOOW!!!" (I know, a bad example  hihi)

Every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 08:49:03 PM »

He could still say "do you know where the fuck you are?" and still sing Chinese Democracy instead of WTTJ.

It's still be cool anyway he did it Cool
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 08:58:08 PM »

I think WTTJ is gunna be the opener for a long ass time .. even after the new album drops.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 09:03:24 PM »

I think WTTJ is gunna be the opener for a long ass time .. even after the new album drops.

its a good opener though.

html sucks
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 09:05:14 PM »

its a good opener though.

no doubt! and besides SCOM it's GNR's most reconized song , therefore IMHO GnR shows will kick off with WTTJ for a very long time.

Who knows though , maybe this could all change @ their very next show but if I was a betting man I'd put my money on WTTJ opening the next 50 - 100 GNR concerts.

mr self destruct
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 09:32:28 PM »

So I guess the new band has always opened with Jungle?

Yeah, WTTJ is one fine opener, but I've seen them now twice opening the show with it, so I'm more than ready for a change and from the new songs that we've heard, I think Chinese Democracy would do the job perfectly.

It would be kind of brave move to change the opening song to a new song, but in my opinion if Axl wants to show people that he really stands behind this new material, these kind of moves need to be made.

Evolution
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 09:53:14 PM »

I think CD will open the album. The intro and the way the guitar kicks in just screams album opener.

As for gigs, I reckon WTTJ is gonna be around a while.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 09:58:35 PM »

It would be cool if they opened the show like this:

Welcome To The Jungle
Chinese Democracy
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 07:01:35 AM »

Welcome To The Jungle
Chinese Democracy

Or Chinese Democracy and then Welcome To The Jungle

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
UK_Gunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 07:12:08 AM »

Welcome To The Jungle
Chinese Democracy

Or Chinese Democracy and then Welcome To The Jungle

Yeh man, open up with some of that creepy music. Have some fire pyros shooting from the stage. Then the CD guitar riff kicks in, more pyros, blast into CD. As soon as that is over, Alx will scream 'Do you know where the fuck you are' and hammer them with WTTJ. Fans won't know whats hit em.
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 07:13:22 AM »

anything goes should bea opener this current  tour wiuth that long scream! then after  play CD afte rthis song

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 07:14:19 AM »

Going to be a long time before they drop WTTJ as opener. New song wise Id say maybe start with better (depending on how the single does) he could do the quiet bit offstage then stride on during "the hardest part...." and maybe end on TWAT, coz it has a long soloey outro (like PC) Personally, tho I doubt it would ever happen, I'd probably shit my pants if they opened with "yesterdays." Especially with the band's past the way it is.
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 07:14:46 AM »

I think WTTJ is the best opener ever Roll Eyes No need to replace it with CD IMO.. but it would be cool as the second song beer

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 07:32:44 AM »

WTTJ for me too, my theory about the new songs is that they have dropped them in favour of some oldies because of the reaction to some of them from the less Fanatical fans.

The die-hards who are pretty up to speed with GnR's latest stuff dies a death when compared to those that may have AFD, UYI and poss Live Era but nothing else. They will be back I reckon with a "Better Chinese Democracy World Tour" when CD is finally realeased.? That Tour will have more of the "then known stuff" to big up a whole new set list.

I also predict that of the stuff thats been played they'd keep.

WTTJ, SCOM, PC, NT, LALD, NR and KOHD but the rest will be "new" stuff and I include Better and IRS etc thats been heard this time out.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 08:17:57 AM »

always WTJ....chinese democracy shouldn't be as the CD will be out
mr self destruct
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 08:27:14 AM »

Well when I said would like to see CD opening the show, I didn't mean that WTTJ should be dropped for good from the set.

Listen to the old boots, it kicks as much ass when it is in the middle of the set.

What I'm saying is that opening the show with a new song would be great way to promote the new stuff alongside the fact that it would be cool, and maybe Axl and the management have also realized that.  Wink

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 09:50:59 AM »

I think had Axl opened the May 12th show with Better like I was hoping and praying he would, the fan reaction, and utter intensity would have been absolutely insane, and I think when it comes to opening songs Better packs more of a punch then Chinese Democracy peace

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 12:06:27 PM »

Yeh man, open up with some of that creepy music. Have some fire pyros shooting from the stage. Then the CD guitar riff kicks in, more pyros, blast into CD. As soon as that is over, Alx will scream 'Do you know where the fuck you are' and hammer them with WTTJ. Fans won't know whats hit em.

i think that this opening would have been the best ok
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 12:18:30 PM »

WTTJ is the best intro song for me. Yes Nightrain sounded good in '92 but its impact for me is when the 'Take it'......guitar solo kicks in. Great last song before the encore, love it.
WTTJ however, has the intro riff, then the guitar chords leading up to the explosion. The crowd goes wild, I seriously doubt GNR can top that, the Omen theme into it works just too well imo.

Maybe the others will work, but everyone needs to know the intro I think for the gig to work. Maybe they'll do that in the CD tour, as some of your posts could work well in theory. Just have to see what Uncle Axl has for us then!

I'm still getting shivers down my spine watching the intro from Glasgow last Fri on youtube!!
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 12:21:22 PM »

what i dont understand is why that wasnt the opener in the earlyier days???wttj i mean

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: