Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:28:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!  (Read 67790 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #300 on: July 19, 2006, 04:56:41 AM »

Some dude on mygnr wrote:

Did anyone see Ron punch Fortus in the stomach just after mr. brownstone? They had to be pulled apart, Ron left the stage and didnt come back till KOHD had finished.

Through out the rest of the show he was talking to some guy at the back of the stage and only came back on stage every so often to play his guitar solo

Ron looked pissed up, he had to lean against the amps a few times to keep his balance

Now that would suck.........

Maybe BBF read that Fortus email where he said he hoped to play with BH in the future. rofl rofl
the band came on at 9.45 exactly they finished just before 11.50 Sebastian bachs band played for an hour? they came on at 7.00 and finshed at 8.00 fulleral for my bullet came on at 8.15 played 45mins and finished at 9.00 how the fuck were gnr late stop saying that because they was not late thare were on time
Did you see this supposed Fortus-BBF altercation? Sounds like bullshit, but anything's possible.

no i didnt i only spotted bumble not looking right because of the solo he did he didnt use his bumble guitar he just walked staight out and started into dont crybut and he didnt smile once just walked the stage playing i watched he from then on and he just hid away in the shadows just coming out mainly for the November rain solo

when Axl put his arm round him and got no response Axls shrug was a sad disapointed shrug not a "well fuck you you one"
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #301 on: July 19, 2006, 05:11:34 AM »

Some dude on mygnr wrote:

Did anyone see Ron punch Fortus in the stomach just after mr. brownstone? They had to be pulled apart, Ron left the stage and didnt come back till KOHD had finished.

Through out the rest of the show he was talking to some guy at the back of the stage and only came back on stage every so often to play his guitar solo

Ron looked pissed up, he had to lean against the amps a few times to keep his balance

Now that would suck.........

Maybe BBF read that Fortus email where he said he hoped to play with BH in the future. rofl rofl
the band came on at 9.45 exactly they finished just before 11.50 Sebastian bachs band played for an hour? they came on at 7.00 and finshed at 8.00 fulleral for my bullet came on at 8.15 played 45mins and finished at 9.00 how the fuck were gnr late stop saying that because they was not late thare were on time
Did you see this supposed Fortus-BBF altercation? Sounds like bullshit, but anything's possible.

no i didnt i only spotted bumble not looking right because of the solo he did he didnt use his bumble guitar he just walked staight out and started into dont crybut and he didnt smile once just walked the stage playing i watched he from then on and he just hid away in the shadows just coming out mainly for the November rain solo

when Axl put his arm round him and got no response Axls shrug was a sad disapointed shrug not a "well fuck you you one"

Fuck! What happened?  nervous
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #302 on: July 19, 2006, 05:14:14 AM »

maybe he got too much sun yesterday? ?Everyone has off-days, BF is only human - I dont think its a panic situation. ?It is a pity that more new songs werent played, but if I'd been there, I know I would have been having a great time with the songs that were performed, given how well the band are playing together as a whole. ?If I hadnt seen axl live for over 13 years, I'd be very happy. ?

Its a nice favour to give Bach a whole hour as the opening act - completely necessary though?

And - enough with the missing of Buckethead - he could have been yawning his tits off with boredom under that mask and fooling us all. ?good player = yes, undoubtedly, but I just cant support him when I cant see his passion for the music like Robin.

Was there much chat with axl to the crowd??
Loki
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #303 on: July 19, 2006, 05:15:44 AM »

From what I remember after a couple of hours sleep.

A great show despite the technical difficulties, I think there were 3 in total. At times it felt a bit disjointed due to the number of breaks, but it didn't take long to get the momentum going again.

At one point Axl said he couldn?t hear himself sing the top notes through his earpiece and said "To me, it sounds like I'm singing through a fucking kazoo"

I got to see Izzy! When I saw them at the Hammersmith I was expecting Izzy to make an appearance but he never did. So I never expected him to show up in Sheffield. He looked extremely happy and comfortable on stage, laughing with the band, taking lead vocals on You Gotta Move, I can?t help but think/hope he's a permanent member.

Bumblefoot seemed to be missing for ? the set list and when he was on stage looked like he didn?t want to be there. ?Although I loved his Don?t cry solo, I couldn?t tell the difference when he was/wasn't playing. I can?t say I missed him when he wasn't on stage. ?He might be a great guitarist but in my opinion I don?t know if he adds anything to the overall sound.

It felt a bit rushed towards the end and only Paradise City for the encore. Slight disappointed with the lack of new songs, I thought they would at least play Better but probably cut the set short due to the problems.

Despite the problems they still put on a fantastic 2 hour show and Axl gave 100% as usual. I can't wait to see them on Friday in Glasgow.

June 7- Hammersmith Apollo
June 9- RDS Dublin
July 10- GNR & Rolling Stones Nurnberg - CANCELLED
July 18- Sheffield Arena
July 21- Glasgow SECC
July 29- Wembley Arena
July 30- Wembley Arena
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #304 on: July 19, 2006, 05:24:45 AM »

GNR threads appear on the most bizarre of forums...this ones from a Subaru forum!

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=530704

What it proves, is that despite what the hardcore fans may have throught of last nights show, a lot of casual fans probably still had the time of their life...in fact this one poster enjoyed it so much he's thinking about going to Nottingham too!

Just shows how melodramatic we can all be sometimes

Here today...ready to rock
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #305 on: July 19, 2006, 05:41:42 AM »

Are you serious? Did that really happen? Huh
I still continue to think Axl's volunty to add a 3rd guitar player was not very smart toward Richard. He should have taken the Lead with Robin. No 3rd guitar player, no interference. I was the first one to say it was going to create egos problems...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 06:51:30 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #306 on: July 19, 2006, 05:53:09 AM »

the band came on at 9.45 exactly they finished just before 11.50 Sebastian bachs band played for an hour  they came on at 7.00 and finshed at 8.00 fulleral for my bullet came on at 8.15 played 45mins and finished at 9.00 how the fuck were gnr late stop saying that because they was not late thare were on time

hahah funeral for my bullet, i like that 1 anything goes i cant stop laughing  rofl
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #307 on: July 19, 2006, 06:18:16 AM »

It's ridiculous that they played only 1 'new' song. Is it a GN'R tribute band?  Undecided

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #308 on: July 19, 2006, 06:22:01 AM »

It's ridiculous that they played only 1 'new' song. Is it a GN'R tribute band?? Undecided

Stupid comment. Read couple of pages back and you will get it..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #309 on: July 19, 2006, 06:34:34 AM »

God! This Ron thing is very, very weird. By what we know from the guy (the emails, etc) he is a great person, very calm, one of those guys that don?t want to get in trouble and he seemed to be enjoying being in the band very much... And then, this happens. I don?t want to alarm anyone but something really bad  happened to him and it may or not envolve other band members... I dunno guys but this sure is very strange. Undecided

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Micky.Fegz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #310 on: July 19, 2006, 06:42:41 AM »

just woke up today, great gig last night !!

thats all i gotta say it was ok but Download was far better!!

did'nt see ron till half way through the gig !?!?

too much fucking about !!

izzy was the highlight.

now we all know better Wink

www.myspace.com/bulletsforteeth
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #311 on: July 19, 2006, 06:44:14 AM »

the setlist wasn`t that great

This has been said on a couple of other messages.

I'm going to the newcastle gig tonight and will be fucking delighted if the setlist stays the same (especially with Izzy)!

what do you mean?

well.... i saw gnr at rock am ring and it was simply perfect. at nijmegen izzy was there, but the setlist sucked though. i had a great time, but i was dissapointed when they finished straight after nightrain.... no

edit:  oh....   and i was pissed off they didn`t play IRS and madagascar rant    the best live songs ever!!

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Micky.Fegz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #312 on: July 19, 2006, 06:49:26 AM »

last night = No Better,Madagascar,CD,TWAT,I.R.S = boring, seen it, want new stuff  rant

now we all know better Wink

www.myspace.com/bulletsforteeth
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #313 on: July 19, 2006, 07:00:39 AM »

obviousely something was wrong with ron last night, i doubht he punched richard in the stomache tho wtf???

wonder what happened... hope it has been worked out...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #314 on: July 19, 2006, 07:02:36 AM »

It's ridiculous that they played only 1 'new' song. Is it a GN'R tribute band?? Undecided

Stupid comment. Read couple of pages back and you will get it..

Alright, clever boy, what's the reason? I still don't get it. But read these comments before you tell me why it was so smart of Axl to forget the 'new' songs.

80 minutes late and a loss of 5 or six songs? Very disappointing. I don't think we'll get any reasons for this and obviously someone has told the band they can't go on past 11pm or the plug will be pulled.

Axl really needs to stop being late.

With the new band trying to get acceptance, coming on an hour and 20 minutes late is gonna make it even harder for fans to accept the new band.

What a lame setlist. Too bad the band hadn't learned alot more old songs. This turn of events would have been the perfect time to play a few UYI gems in place of the new songs.

I guess they knew (had to know) the English laws, since Axl mentioned these at the 2002 Leeds show, said he didn't give a fuck about them and continued playin'.

I don't care if one of them was in a bad mood. Play cause you get paid for it. By the fans.

Rollin' on the streets
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #315 on: July 19, 2006, 07:10:04 AM »

I've just spent half an hour reading the posts in this thread  Grin

Guess what? This band is still as entertaining on and off the stage in so many ways and reminds me why I became interested in them in the first place.

There will always be ups and downs when Axl is involved but hey....at least it's never dull  beer

Be Aware of Legacy
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #316 on: July 19, 2006, 07:13:20 AM »

A great show loved every minute of it, Bumblefoot looked very pissed off for all the time he was on stage, Never saw the punch though that was mentioned earlier in the thread.
 Axl seemed in good mood despite the technical problems, the setlist was changed around a bit aswell, They was suppose to play Better And Chinese Democracy
 An Absolute great night
thanx
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #317 on: July 19, 2006, 07:19:45 AM »

I guess they knew (had to know) the English laws, since Axl mentioned these at the 2002 Leeds show, said he didn't give a fuck about them and continued playin'.

I don't care if one of them was in a bad mood. Play cause you get paid for it. By the fans.

Great to see you posting here as soon as you got something to complain about.

Did you know Leeds and Sheffield are two comletely different cities and two different shows? Why do you think it's necessary to compare them?

They did play, the show went on even though they had technical problems. The fans got to see a show. So what's your problem?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 07:25:10 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Evolution
« Reply #318 on: July 19, 2006, 07:25:06 AM »

A great show loved every minute of it, Bumblefoot looked very pissed off for all the time he was on stage, Never saw the punch though that was mentioned earlier in the thread.
 Axl seemed in good mood despite the technical problems, the setlist was changed around a bit aswell, They was suppose to play Better And Chinese Democracy
 An Absolute great night
thanx

Did you bag yourself a setlist?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #319 on: July 19, 2006, 07:41:57 AM »

Great to see you posting here as soon as you got something to complain about.

Did you know Leeds and Sheffield are two comletely different cities and two different shows? Why do you think it's necessary to compare them?

They did play, the show went on even though they had technical problems. The fans got to see a show. So what's your problem?

/jarmo

You should read more in the GN'R section since I'm not only complaining. But if Axl wants his new band introduce to the fans they should play more new tracks.

For the Leeds and Sheffield comment... have you known that both cities are in England?
Others mentioned in the thread that the band had to cut the show 'because of the stupid English laws', but Axl & Co knew about these 'stupid laws' so  - if the 'stupid laws' are the reasons for the lack of new songs - they could have started a bit earlier.

Rollin' on the streets
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: