Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:18:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!  (Read 67803 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #280 on: July 19, 2006, 01:21:40 AM »

If Ron wasn't out there for the whole show, then his absence explains why so few new songs were played: he is integral to Better, TWAT (when it is rarely played), Madagascar (he and Fortus work together during the bridge), IRS of course, and CD (bucket's backup solo).

My guess is that he wasn't feeling well; probably had to go offstage for liquids and rest.
If thats true, then why not come onstage only during the new songs? He isn't needed for AFD.

Ron plays the AFD solos that Bucket covered. Axl may have decided to give Ron an easy night and went with the AFD because the majority of the crowd would have wanted it that way.
I know he does the BH solos, but he would be more effective and better used doing the new stuff. Surely fans would rather he be involved and hear some CD instead of having him do BH additions to 20 yr old songs. Things are going to get very interesting late September/early October.

Now that this incident has occured, was he acting any different at the last show?

James, you use the word "incident" without any proof that something happened.  It could be like KV said, that he was sick.  That's as likely an explanation as any.

Ali
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #281 on: July 19, 2006, 01:24:59 AM »

James, you use the word "incident" without any proof that something happened.  It could be like KV said, that he was sick.  That's as likely an explanation as any.

Ali
YOu know what Im referring to when I use the word "incident". I'm just going by what the people there seen. Nothing more, nothing less. Yeah, KV gives a good explanation of what may have happened, but that still doesn't explain the total absence of Bh related CD songs.

evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #282 on: July 19, 2006, 02:05:47 AM »

James, you use the word "incident" without any proof that something happened. It could be like KV said, that he was sick. That's as likely an explanation as any.

Ali
YOu know what Im referring to when I use the word "incident". I'm just going by what the people there seen. Nothing more, nothing less. Yeah, KV gives a good explanation of what may have happened, but that still doesn't explain the total absence of Bh related CD songs.

Exactly and Axl gave a mini-rant at the Hammerstein shows that "people think they know what's going on in Guns N' Roses, but they have no idea."  The return of Buckethead for the US tour is possible....know what I'm sayin......

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #283 on: July 19, 2006, 02:19:19 AM »

what's wrong with you people? just because someone said ron seemed a little sad during his songs now he's out!!??

remember finck having problems on stage in budapest? they went on with the tour
remember tommy at rir? the tour continued
problems at donnington? tour went on

all you people do is find a reason to bitch and complain about everything. so what they didn't play the new songs. besides 100 people that read the boards nobody at the shows gives a fuck about them. they are there to hear the songs everybody knows.
and all the people bitching about no setlist change, you're only reading updates on a board. i haven't heard anithinggoes bitching about the setlists and he's been to 5 shows.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #284 on: July 19, 2006, 02:20:15 AM »

James, you use the word "incident" without any proof that something happened. It could be like KV said, that he was sick. That's as likely an explanation as any.

Ali

Exactly and Axl gave a mini-rant at the Hammerstein shows that "people think they know what's going on in Guns N' Roses, but they have no idea."  The return of Buckethead for the US tour is possible....know what I'm sayin......

Not really. I just bought a ticket for his September show in Boston, not that it is proof of anything except that bucket is going out on tour in the Fall.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #285 on: July 19, 2006, 02:26:17 AM »

Ali

If by incident you mean Axl putting his hands on Ron's shoulders and not getting a response, that could have been because Ron wasn't in the mood to play because he was sick or because of the technical difficulties.  It still doesn't prove that anything happened between the band members, as far as arguments or anything like that.

Ali
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #286 on: July 19, 2006, 03:12:26 AM »

Did they only play one new song yesterday? Success!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: July 19, 2006, 03:27:18 AM »

I'm sure Ron is fine, Axl is fine and GN'R are fine.  Ron is a great new member and ambassador for this band.  I hope we see him in it for many years. 
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #288 on: July 19, 2006, 03:37:41 AM »

So wait.. all this crap because BF MIGHT have frowned on stage?

Is there ANY proof that there was a REAL problem? Or was it just one guy at the concert who said "Bumble looked sad"?

It sounds like nothing happened at all.

Maybe they just played old songs because thats what the band does alot? Could have just been a heavy old stuff night. Its not like Bumble said to Axl "Dont play any new stuff because im in a bad mood"

Thats ridiculous.

Im sure that nothing happened and as usual EVERYONE is blowing it out of proportion. Hmm... =/

-jack

gnrevolution.com
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2006, 03:49:10 AM »

@ supaplex and -jack-

i completely agree with you ok

the setlist wasn`t that great and ron probably had a not so good day.... so what??

basically, this concert equals the concert in nijmegen. they just played one new song (+ better in nijmegen) and izzy was there...  oh.. and they didn`t play any encores ok

why did people expect a setlist change? you know why? it`s because they wanted a new reason to bitch and moan about this tour. there was absolutely NO reason to expect a setlist change to happen. i know this is a UK tour, but if you think a little further you`ll notice in fact it`s the same tour as 3 days prior....

and well.... you people should stop making a drama out of everything that happens....  the sweden incident, axl + tommy hilfigger, donnington when the updates arrived etc....... fuck that shit.

and if ron leaves the band..... he leaves the band. i don?t care about him or frank ferrer.

give me buckethead or izzy instead and i`m happy peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
timebomb
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: July 19, 2006, 04:10:05 AM »

HERE IS YOUR CDR SET FOR NOW

Sheffield, England

Hallam FM Arena, Sheffield, England
DATE 7,18,06
TYPE OF RECORDING AUDIENCE
SOUND B-
TIME 70:48
TIME 49:36

1. INTRO
2. Welcome To The Jungle
3. It's So Easy
4. Mr. Brownston
5. Live And LetDie
6. Robin Sol
7. Sweet Chld O' Mine
8. Knockin On Heavens Door
9. Jam/ Dzzy Solo
10.Jam/ Dizzy Solo
11. The Blues
12. Jam
13. You Could Be Mine
14. Bumblefoot Solo (Don't Cry)
15. Out Ta Get Me
16. NOVEMBER RAIN INTRO {CUTS}

1. November Rain {CUTS IN}
2. Robin & Richard solo (Beautiful)
3. My Michelle (W/ Bach)
4. You Gotta Move (Rolling Stones cover) (W/ Izzy lead vocals Axl sharing at the end)
5. Think About You (W/ Izzy)
6. Patience (W/ Izzy)
7. Nightrain (W/ Izzy)
8. Paradise City (W/ Izzy)
9. OUTRO

THANK GOD FOR THE BOMB    http://gnrundergroundnation.co.nr/    A COOL NEW GNR TRADING DL SITE
Olorin
« Reply #291 on: July 19, 2006, 04:15:05 AM »

I hope Ron feels better the rest of the week, pity about the lack of new songs but at least they went out there and played.

Lets hope Ron aint ill, I have been floored with a virus for the last 3 weeks  and it has been tough, took this week of work to try and ensure I feel a bit more energetic come friday night.

marcelj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #292 on: July 19, 2006, 04:24:41 AM »

Some dude on mygnr wrote:

Did anyone see Ron punch Fortus in the stomach just after mr. brownstone? They had to be pulled apart, Ron left the stage and didnt come back till KOHD had finished.

Through out the rest of the show he was talking to some guy at the back of the stage and only came back on stage every so often to play his guitar solo

Ron looked pissed up, he had to lean against the amps a few times to keep his balance

Now that would suck.........
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #293 on: July 19, 2006, 04:31:01 AM »

Did anyone see Ron punch Fortus in the stomach just after mr. brownstone? They had to be pulled apart, Ron left the stage and didnt come back till KOHD had finished.

Through out the rest of the show he was talking to some guy at the back of the stage and only came back on stage every so often to play his guitar solo

Ron looked pissed up, he had to lean against the amps a few times to keep his balance

Dont believe what you read exspecially from that place. It could be some dude just running with the fire. Everyone chill out Bumblefoot will be fine.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #294 on: July 19, 2006, 04:31:54 AM »

interesting, but bear in mind this info was taken from mygnr..............
Origen
« Reply #295 on: July 19, 2006, 04:34:40 AM »

Some of you panic over nothink, if Bumblefoot was pissed off then so what. Tommy smashed his fucking Bass guitar up at Rock in Rio during the 1st song, did it mean anythink, no just that he was pissed that night/the beginning of it. Bumblefoot might of just have been feeling low, that's all, don't look too much into things.

The concerning thing is the band going on at 9:50 and coming off at 11:00, being 1hr and 20mins late and only playing a 80min setlist is so weak.
mesaboogie
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #296 on: July 19, 2006, 04:44:08 AM »

Ok Im going to Glasgow, glad to hear Izzy is doing UK tour, he is only one I havent seen on stage

Like the gig in Ireland (only worse) gig cut short due to starting late (in ireland was because Axl had to catch plane to london for a party!), what a disgrace.  The smart thing to do would be to drop all these nonsense solos between songs and play more new songs.  What would you prefer Beautiful by christina or IRS by GNR?

I hope that Glasgow with one support act and no Bach will allow for a full set.

Thanks for all the info lads, cant help but feel that you have been shortchanged.
anythinggoes
« Reply #297 on: July 19, 2006, 04:47:40 AM »

the band came on at 9.45 exactly they finished just before 11.50 Sebastian bachs band played for an hour  they came on at 7.00 and finshed at 8.00 fulleral for my bullet came on at 8.15 played 45mins and finished at 9.00 how the fuck were gnr late stop saying that because they was not late thare were on time
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #298 on: July 19, 2006, 04:50:55 AM »

Maybe BBF read that Fortus email where he said he hoped to play with BH in the future. rofl rofl
the band came on at 9.45 exactly they finished just before 11.50 Sebastian bachs band played for an hour  they came on at 7.00 and finshed at 8.00 fulleral for my bullet came on at 8.15 played 45mins and finished at 9.00 how the fuck were gnr late stop saying that because they was not late thare were on time
Did you see this supposed Fortus-BBF altercation? Sounds like bullshit, but anything's possible.

SteveUK
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #299 on: July 19, 2006, 04:51:38 AM »

the setlist wasn`t that great

This has been said on a couple of other messages.

I'm going to the newcastle gig tonight and will be fucking delighted if the setlist stays the same (especially with Izzy)!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: