Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 01:54:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!  (Read 61190 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #260 on: July 18, 2006, 11:43:02 PM »

BH wore a mask who knew what the fuck he was thinking
Your point? He always "hit a home run" when on stage with GNR.
Man im fuckin righj stoned right now amd whats with all the buckethead love? Lips Sealed

Even if buckethead came back the lot of ya woudl still want slash and you know it! hihi
Its because when situations like what happened today occur, people realize how crucial BH was.

Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #261 on: July 18, 2006, 11:46:53 PM »

BH wore a mask who knew what the fuck he was thinking
Your point? He always "hit a home run" when on stage with GNR.
Man im fuckin righj stoned right now amd whats with all the buckethead love? Lips Sealed

Even if buckethead came back the lot of ya woudl still want slash and you know it! hihi
Its because when situations like what happened today occur, people realize how crucial BH was.

I think Ron is a great guitar player...just look at some videos like nightrain and paradise city from RIR. I think he will be huge if he ocntinues like that. I dont know why he was sad or whatever, but now some of you are talking about BH returning? I mean...i know hes very good...but he fucked GnR before..i sure as hell dont miss him!! I prefer having Ron!!

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #262 on: July 18, 2006, 11:47:34 PM »

Maybe he was upset because they didn't play Better

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #263 on: July 19, 2006, 12:01:12 AM »

Ron was upset that someone took a bite out of his Butterfinger.
RichardNixon
« Reply #264 on: July 19, 2006, 12:01:59 AM »

Ok, don't really want to read through 15 pages...

What's all this about Ron having an "off night"?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2006, 12:07:46 AM »

Ron was not a happy camper tonight.

Doesn't sound good, but also from Axl's playful shoulder touching doesn't sound like the problem has affected relationships yet.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #266 on: July 19, 2006, 12:09:18 AM »

Ok, don't really want to read through 15 pages...

What's all this about Ron having an "off night"?

Nobody knows why.  It's all speculation at this point.  He just didn't seem to be in a good mood, which seems perfectly normal to me.  Everybody has days they're just not in a great mood.

Ali
RichardNixon
« Reply #267 on: July 19, 2006, 12:11:44 AM »

Maybe he is having problems with a g/f or has a cold.

Remember when Tommy said he was going to go home if anyone else threw a bottle of piss at him? People on this board were like "oh no, it's all over," but it turned out to be nothing.

Maybe we should PM him via myspace, just this once to see what's up.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #268 on: July 19, 2006, 12:18:37 AM »

Im sure its nothing, Ron will be fine tomorrow

EFISH
« Reply #269 on: July 19, 2006, 12:35:06 AM »

Maybe he is having problems with a g/f or has a cold.

Remember when Tommy said he was going to go home if anyone else threw a bottle of piss at him? People on this board were like "oh no, it's all over," but it turned out to be nothing.

Maybe we should PM him via myspace, just this once to see what's up.

He's acutally married (I THINK!) and i'm probablly going to pm him through myspace but have to be careful the words i use because dont want to be rude, ya know.  nervous
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #270 on: July 19, 2006, 12:38:33 AM »

Its amazing how quickly the discussion went from Ron being sad -> Ron might be leaving -> OMG Buckethead is going to replace him!

Seriously, he wasnt feeling good. So what? A million concerts would have been done before where a player wasnt happy. It doesnt matter.
quadlaser
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: July 19, 2006, 12:43:23 AM »

I thought of several ideas about BBF being upset, but maybe he was just in a bad mood.  You ever go to work pissed off and not feel like working, or going to work sick  Undecided
I dont recall BH "going to work sick". He has been hired to play a very specific role. Either do it, or stay off the fucking stage. Its bad enough he has trouble with the material. Now he's not even doing it? nervous Gimme a fucking break.

ron has trouble playing the material? coming from a guy that loves finck?  Shocked

stop being a fucking asshole, what if there was a death in the family? should he have just put on a happy face?

some of you guys need to face it. ron is the only good thing about gnr- axl can't sing anymore, finck can't play, tommy is dull, dizzy can't write, fortus is mediocre.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #272 on: July 19, 2006, 12:49:42 AM »

ron has trouble playing the material? coming from a guy that loves finck?  Shocked
rofl Now thats funny. You obviously dont read my posts.
stop being a fucking asshole.
Go read the fucking rules.
some of you guys need to face it. ron is the only good thing about gnr- axl can't sing anymore, finck can't play, tommy is dull, dizzy can't write, fortus is mediocre.
You think BBF is the only good thing about GNR? Unbelievable.
Its amazing how quickly the discussion went from Ron being sad -> Ron might be leaving -> OMG Buckethead is going to replace him!

Seriously, he wasnt feeling good. So what? A million concerts would have been done before where a player wasnt happy. It doesnt matter.
Yes it does matter. It matters when the entire setlist becomes affected by it.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #273 on: July 19, 2006, 12:50:05 AM »

If Ron wasn't out there for the whole show, then his absence explains why so few new songs were played: he is integral to Better, TWAT (when it is rarely played), Madagascar (he and Fortus work together during the bridge), IRS of course, and CD (bucket's backup solo).

My guess is that he wasn't feeling well; probably had to go offstage for liquids and rest.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2006, 12:53:26 AM »

If Ron wasn't out there for the whole show, then his absence explains why so few new songs were played: he is integral to Better, TWAT (when it is rarely played), Madagascar (he and Fortus work together during the bridge), IRS of course, and CD (bucket's backup solo).

My guess is that he wasn't feeling well; probably had to go offstage for liquids and rest.
If thats true, then why not come onstage only during the new songs? He isn't needed for AFD.

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #275 on: July 19, 2006, 12:59:49 AM »

That makes actual sense.. and it's a shame that opening gig for UK-tour was like this. Let's just hope that Ron already feels better ok

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #276 on: July 19, 2006, 01:02:52 AM »

freat,how many people were there???

I have never seen so many tree
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #277 on: July 19, 2006, 01:11:39 AM »

The most important thing is that Izzy was there and that he stole the show !

Izzy owns newgnr ! ok

I'll download it !
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #278 on: July 19, 2006, 01:15:33 AM »

If thats true, then why not come onstage only during the new songs? He isn't needed for AFD.

Ron plays the AFD solos that Bucket covered. Axl may have decided to give Ron an easy night and went with the AFD because the majority of the crowd would have wanted it that way.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #279 on: July 19, 2006, 01:19:38 AM »

Ron plays the AFD solos that Bucket covered. Axl may have decided to give Ron an easy night and went with the AFD because the majority of the crowd would have wanted it that way.
I know he does the BH solos, but he would be more effective and better used doing the new stuff. Surely fans would rather he be involved and hear some CD instead of having him do BH additions to 20 yr old songs. Things are going to get very interesting late September/early October.

Now that this incident has occured, was he acting any different at the last show?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: