Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 04:12:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JULY 18TH, Sheffield, England, Hallam fm arena!!!! UK tour stop 1!!!  (Read 60994 times)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2006, 06:54:55 PM »

Just a thought.................

If there were tech difficulties and Axl said to the crowd that he couldn't hear himself sing...maybe he decided AGAINST doing the new songs because of how they'd come across?

So he stuck with the familiar as he can pull those off?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2006, 06:55:47 PM »

Ok guys, thanks to anythinggoes for the updates! I hope everyone here and at the gig had a good time. Smiley

mikegray
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2006, 06:56:04 PM »

I realized they were rushing this gig back a few pages

After November Rain, I thought something was going on.

The timings for the UK shows just make no sense to me from doors time right through to curfew - 6:45 doors on Sunday at Manchester - how on earth do you get 2 bands on, and have Guns do 2hrs+ when curfew is 10:30-10:45? Let's say Bach does 7:00-7:30 (which won't happen) and Bullet do 7:45-8:30 - best case is we can get them on at 8:45 (yeah, right) and give them two hours... maybe if they don't have Bach (only Bullet is advertised) then it works?

Judging by tonight's show, the support were late off... why wasn't their set curtailed to get the headliner on earlier?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 07:03:11 PM by mikegray » Logged
jaime
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2006, 06:56:37 PM »

Tsk, tsk, not a good way to start the UK part of the tour. ?Maybe if they showed up on time......
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2006, 06:58:09 PM »

I know people want to hear the new songs, but even if they didn't play many new songs it doesn't mean it wasn't a good show.  If the band had a lot of energy, and izzy played the last four or five shows it could still be a great show. 
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2006, 06:58:36 PM »

If there were tech difficulties and Axl said to the crowd that he couldn't hear himself sing...maybe he decided AGAINST doing the new songs because of how they'd come across?

True!!!

Thanks for those who provided the updates your time is appreciated... We have remember that those watching the show, arnt the ones who spend their life on the message boads, so it was probably a exciting and fun show for them. Most of the people at the show probably dont even know Axl has new songs. Also for those who are going to start saying this band needs to be on time, need to realize Guns N Roses have never been on time or if they are then it happens once in a blue moon.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2006, 06:59:49 PM »

I bet there's gonna be a LOT of new songs during the encore...

haha keep dreaming its the same old repetitive setlist

You should be given an award for being the member who's paid the most attention.  Roll Eyes

They just added a new cover to the set a few days ago. And already it's repetitive?

They also cut out most of the new songs from this set and yet it's repetitive?

Your whining is repetitive.  ok

Thanks for the updates.

/jarmo

oh ok jarmo so the setlist isnt repetitive................unfortunately it is, they play the same bunch of songs and never add new ones, apart from stupid covers which nobody gives a flying fuck about. what the hells wrong with taking a song out, for example...out ta get me and playing civil war
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2006, 07:00:07 PM »

True!!!

Thanks for those who provided the updates your time is appreciated... We have remember that those watching the show, arnt the ones who spend their life on the message boads, so it was probably a exciting and fun show for them. Most of the people at the show probably dont even know Axl has new songs.

thank you peace

Axl is a smart man. He's not gonna want another 2002 VMA's review if sound was fucked up.
Fransman_nl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2006, 07:01:30 PM »

I bet there's gonna be a LOT of new songs during the encore...

haha keep dreaming its the same old repetitive setlist

You should be given an award for being the member who's paid the most attention.? Roll Eyes

They just added a new cover to the set a few days ago. And already it's repetitive?

They also cut out most of the new songs from this set and yet it's repetitive?

Your whining is repetitive.? ok

Thanks for the updates.

/jarmo
oh ok jarmo so the setlist isnt repetitive................unfortunately it is, they play the same bunch of songs and never add new ones, apart from stupid covers which nobody gives a flying fuck about. what the hells wrong with taking a song out, for example...out ta get me and playing civil war

Why do they have to change the setlist, it's a tour right, and with 13 years of no album comming out, what do you expect!

jaime
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2006, 07:01:43 PM »

True!!!

Thanks for those who provided the updates your time is appreciated... We have remember that those watching the show,
arnt the ones who spend their life on the message boads, so it was probably a exciting and fun show for them. Most of the people at the show probably dont even know Axl has new songs. Also for those who are going to start saying this band needs to be on time, need to realize Guns N Roses have never been on time or if they are then it happens once in a blue moon.

After posting my last post and reading the quoted post, you are so right. ?I am hoping and praying they tour the US. ?I don't care if they play for an hour (well, not really), I just want to see them! ?Thank you to all for your time and energy!
mongis
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2006, 07:03:08 PM »

weird setlist... i guess the timing had something to do with it yea...
i have a setlist question though...
in norway show #1 they played every song they have picked out for this tour (twat not considered)...
with CD, the blues, irs, better, madagascar...

have they done that any other shows?

28.06.06 - Oslo, Norway
05.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
06.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
08.07.06 - Oslo, Norway
27.07.06 - Nottingham, England
29.07.06 - London, England
30.07.06 - London, England
Chief
Legend

« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2006, 07:04:07 PM »

Thanks for the updates everyone!! sounds like another great show to me, i love that they did you gotta move again!!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
mongis
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #212 on: July 18, 2006, 07:06:51 PM »

where did they do you gotta move first time?

28.06.06 - Oslo, Norway
05.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
06.07.06 - Helsinki, Finland
08.07.06 - Oslo, Norway
27.07.06 - Nottingham, England
29.07.06 - London, England
30.07.06 - London, England
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2006, 07:07:41 PM »

I went to the first new york show and got to see the new songs played, but if they only played the blues and I got to see izzy play 4-5 songs with the band I would have been thrilled. ?To me it the songs they play matter, but how the band sounds and the energy are much more important.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2006, 07:10:44 PM »

Hilarious that they play a cover in a slot where "better" or another new song could have went, but still leave on a bunch of AFD rehash... I feel so bad for all the fans of the new group that got cheated out of seeing 4-5 new tracks. no
anythinggoes
« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2006, 07:14:42 PM »

Ok dont want to start a rumour but ron really did not look happy i dont know why he didnt do his usual solo he seemed to hide away in the dark not his usual jolly self plus durin patience axl put his arms on his shoulders but got no response from him so axl shrugs his shoulders and walks off. For me it was a disapointing show the bootleg is better than greece but i need better mics me thinks ?
maddog001
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #216 on: July 18, 2006, 07:15:36 PM »

What is the reason that they have these early curfews?
mikegray
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: July 18, 2006, 07:16:44 PM »

What is the reason that they have these early curfews?

To minimise disturbance for local residents when the venues empty out, essentially. The fines are imposed by the local councils.
EFISH
« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2006, 07:18:18 PM »

this was the first shw that i'd say was a real dissapointment. this far into everythiing yet only ?1 new song. and its not good seeing ron not happy..

hmm i wonder what, or if anything happened we dont know about.

thanks anythingoges for updating us.. man im a little bummed, and i really feel bad for the gunners who went to this show and expected the new songs and junk... atleast they got izzy though.
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: July 18, 2006, 07:19:29 PM »

It is bullshi$ to say that Guns will have a 10 oclock curfew.

My Girlfriends sister went to watch Boyzone and Ronan Keating there and they didn't go off till almost 11.

I would guess GNR will go on at around 9 and play till almost 11.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: