Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:00:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Newcastle July 19th 2006 - Metro Radio Arena All Purpose Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newcastle July 19th 2006 - Metro Radio Arena All Purpose Thread.  (Read 58891 times)
dbob
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #240 on: July 19, 2006, 08:17:26 PM »

just come back from the gig in newcastle, axl stormed off stage cause someone threw a coin at him and hit him, i was in the fron seating block and seen it all, i know no one should have to put up with stuff being thrown at you, but surely he's used to this by now shame that one person spoilt the whole concert, there wasnt many happy faces leaving the arena and a LOT of people calling axl when the house lights came on

all in all i thought it was a dissapointing gig, even had they played paradise city i wouldnt have been impressed, i thought it was decent but thats about it,
SteveUK
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: July 19, 2006, 08:23:32 PM »

Reet, I've just got back from the newcastle gig. I was sitting right at the front, block 100 parralell to the security at the front of the stage.

1) I did not hear ONE where's slash chant! It didn't happen, not one. If some idiot was chanting it it never made stage!
2) I never saw anything hit Axl, he walked to the front and picked something up of the ground said something, told the band to stop and they all walked off looking confused.
3) Offstage he done a mini rant about telling security if we saw anyone throw things.
4) They came back on, finished nightrain and that was it!

Fucked a great gig up, totally uncalled for. Everyone in the band was enjoying it!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #242 on: July 19, 2006, 08:23:41 PM »

just come back from the gig in newcastle, axl stormed off stage cause someone threw a coin at him and hit him, i was in the fron seating block and seen it all, i know no one should have to put up with stuff being thrown at you, but surely he's used to this by now shame that one person spoilt the whole concert, there wasnt many happy faces leaving the arena and a LOT of people calling axl when the house lights came on

all in all i thought it was a dissapointing gig, even had they played paradise city i wouldnt have been impressed, i thought it was decent but thats about it,

How was the crownd before that?!
dbob
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #243 on: July 19, 2006, 08:26:11 PM »

crowd was into the the heavier songs but there was sooo many breaks and solos (i know every one says this) and it really does stop any momentum going,
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #244 on: July 19, 2006, 08:33:32 PM »

Axl should have been a pro and finished the Gig. To come back out and play nightrain and then not play Paradise City, that's just being a prick. I would have been fucking pissed off at Axl if I was at that show.
robert32
Headliner

Don't let 'em get ta you

« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2006, 08:35:58 PM »

Just got back from the gig.  Just quickly...

1.  Brilliant to see Izzy... alas I have seen my hero perform.  His guitar and backing mic wasn't loud enough though.  Shame that his guitar solos (Think About You/Nightrain) were performed by Fortus, as well.  Would have been better rehearsing 14 Years instead of covering You Gotta Move.

2. Great to see Axl... in fine voice.  I remember downloading a few boots from 2001/2 and being very dissapointed.  He's sounding like his old self.

3. As you know... Axl took the band off at start of second verse of Nightrain.  "It only takes one to ruin the show!"  No Axl, it doesn't.  Rise above it.  Get security onto them AFTER YOU FINISH THE SONG.

It was surreal when they left the stage.   Apart from diving into the crowd and the ensuing riot, it was exactly like the St. Louis incident.   All the band walked off, with Iz standing there, leaving the stage last of all, almost apologetically.  Can't help but feel his days on the tour are numbered.  I know it wasn't the root of the problems that led to him leaving in '91, but Izzy was sure pissed off at the lateness (1h45m tonight) and Axl's regular storming off stage.  Should have still done Paradise City and said good night properly.  Felt a little short-changed and it was a bit anti-climatic.  Still, all in all, very enjoyable show otherwise.

Was thinking about making a last minute trip up to Glasgow, but  probably won't bother now.   no
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2006, 08:38:24 PM »

All the band walked off, with Iz standing there, leaving the stage last of all, almost apologetically.? Can't help but feel his days on the tour are numbered.?

I feel sorry for the man Undecided

Fransman_nl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #247 on: July 19, 2006, 08:41:09 PM »

All the band walked off, with Iz standing there, leaving the stage last of all, almost apologetically.? Can't help but feel his days on the tour are numbered.?

indeed
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2006, 08:54:34 PM »

You cant throw things at the stage, people should know better.  Axl is unstable as it is, let alone being hit by something to really set him off.  Id be very disappointed if i was a fan there and the show ended like that.  I hope GNR puts on a great show on friday for the UK, but I wouldnt be surprised know if something were to happen to end the tour prematurely.  The tour has been goign so well and it seems its starting to unravel alittle, I hope they can just push through and finish on a good note.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #249 on: July 19, 2006, 09:06:33 PM »

Shouldn't walk off and cut the show short out of courtacy (sic) for the fans that didn't toss a coin.

Maybe it was a Chinese coin.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #250 on: July 19, 2006, 09:08:20 PM »

got back from the gig an hour ago

two things:
1. Axl WAS hit by a ?1 coin
2. at the gig in sheffield Richard & Bumblefoot had several arguments with each other

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Evolution
« Reply #251 on: July 19, 2006, 09:09:04 PM »

I fucking hope some ned on Friday doesn't decide to copy tonight's idiot.

Why ruin Newcastle's first look at the 2006 line-up and pay ?40 for the oppurtunity to do so.
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #252 on: July 19, 2006, 09:17:07 PM »

oh well...thats why coins should be for cents, big ass coins for pounds, dollars, whatever are always a bad idea...plus it looks really bad at strip clubs when strippers have to pick up change at the end of their shows...thats why the dollar bill is always the way to go.
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #253 on: July 19, 2006, 09:19:12 PM »

he walks off and goes home and he doesnt play many new songs. does he hate the uk?

lol... they wouldn't set up 10 dates in uk if they hated it.

i don't get it why so few new songs though... best setlist so far on tour = norway #1... any setlist been like this so far?

nope, oslo #2 comes close tho, the only song missing the second time was RQ!!! ok

what happened tonight is classical english behavior. there's always stupid motherfuckers in the crowd that deserve to get crippled because they keep fucking up for all the rest! god damn jordies motherfuckin' cunts! burn in hell you stupid fuckin' assholes!!!!

i'm glad axl walked off stage, stupid fuckin people like that doesn't deserve better.

i feel sorry for the the rest tho.

some of those "rest" could have prevented this...

Not really... I was one of those rest, I have no idea who threw whatever it was that was thrown, and the vast majority of the audience also could not have prevented it. Maybe one or two of the people near the dick who threw it could, but that is all.
Having just found out it was a COIN that hit Axl I am not in the least bit surprised he walked off. A plastic bottle is one thing, but to be hit with a coin, that is just dangerous. I knew it was something small, but a coin is something I never expected it to be. That is just out of order!

Anyway, the show...

Bumblefoot, first off, I read all the stuff yesterday about him being in a bad mood and stuff, but watching him tonight he seemed to be fine, he was laughing, making faces at the crowd, and playing incredibly!! The man is a real guitar hero! I thought that he seemed in a better mood than at (my only real GnR referance point) Donnington, and he was on fire then too. November Rain, his ending to that song.. Awsome!
The songs they played, they played fantastically well, and I really really enjoyed them! Izzy coming on was a fantastic occasion, and he was great, it was lovely to hear him sing as well (btw, is the bald guy Del James??). The sound was fine, the band were tight and full of energy, couldn't fault anything they did. The only problem was what they didn't do, ie Paradise City & a few new songs... I think had I not been lucky enough to go to Donnington and see them do a verrrry long set with 5 new songs etc, I might be more dissapointed than I am, I feel more for the people who didn't get to go to any of the other shows so far, and can't go to any others....... but that makes it sound like a bad show, and it absolutley was not, I loved every single minute of it, I just wish there could have been more minutes to love! I'm pretty sure this isn't the last we've seen of GnR up here in the North East... can't wait for them to come back!! Tongue

I might do a proper review tomorrow when I'm more awake, I have some cool pics as well which I'll attempt to put up lol  Tongue
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #254 on: July 19, 2006, 09:23:01 PM »

indeed

I agree, Izzys a class act and doesnt tolerate that shit. I imagine his involvement will now be limited which is a real shame

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #255 on: July 19, 2006, 09:24:27 PM »

two things:
2. at the gig in sheffield Richard & Bumblefoot had several arguments with each other

where did you hear about richard and bbf getting into an argument, any idea over what too?

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #256 on: July 19, 2006, 09:28:42 PM »

Plain and simple, Axl is just a little bitch. ?Yeah, lets throw a tantrum like a three year old because someone hit him with a coin. ?What an unprofessional asshole move. ?This tour is quickly becoming a joke. ?It has now truly turned into a greatest hits tour and it should be called "Welcome to Amateur Hour with Axl Rose". ?People should throw stuff at him not out of principle. ?I think we are about to see another band implosion and CD will never see the light of day. ?
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #257 on: July 19, 2006, 09:38:53 PM »

Plain and simple, Axl is just a little bitch. ?Yeah, lets throw a tantrum like a three year old because someone hit him with a coin. ?What an unprofessional asshole move. ?This tour is quickly becoming a joke. ?It has now truly turned into a greatest hits tour and it should be called "Welcome to Amateur Hour with Axl Rose". ?People should throw stuff at him not out of principle. ?I think we are about to see another band implosion and CD will never see the light of day. ?

Ok, encouarge people throwing stuff to harm the band is disgusting, and possibly illegal (ban him right there board owners, huge liability--ban him). ?Coins being thrown from a crowd at a college football game I was at, almost killed a member of the pep band during a pre-game show two years ago where I live. ?Your post speaks for itself, and is profoundlly antagonizing and pathetic.

Secondly, if it was a coin, that is totally dangerous. ?What's next, knife tossing, shooting? ?This is a different day and age, and Axl is responsible for everyone on stage. ?The last thing he needs is someone getting hit in the temple by a high velocity coin, or other object. ?Someone could be seriously injured or killed. ?They played two hours, and did not incite a riot. ?On to the next gig, and let's hope they have better security and less drunken psychopaths in the crowd. ?
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #258 on: July 19, 2006, 09:39:53 PM »

the music press just continue to crucify him and rightfully so. He brings it all on himself.

its only getting small mentions (the tour), but most are bad - alluding to the lateness and disrespect in general being shown

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #259 on: July 19, 2006, 09:40:48 PM »

two things:

where did you hear about richard and bbf getting into an argument, any idea over what too?

i was talking to a lighting guy and he said that both of them were keeping out of each others way all night after constantly arguing, havent a clue what it was about but it seems to be sorted now cause BBF seemed happy tonight so did Richard

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: