Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 05:26:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Wembley Arena - 3rd gig
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wembley Arena - 3rd gig  (Read 3262 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: July 24, 2006, 03:39:35 PM »

whats the situatation with the Wembley Arena - 3rd gig. Is the gig to go ahead. when will tickets be made available?  Smiley
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 03:40:55 PM »

3rd gig? They've only got two, the last I heard, 29th and 30th of July. Are there rumours of a 3rd being added? I'd love one on the 31st, as I'm back in the country then and could go!
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 03:41:57 PM »

3rd gig? They've only got two, the last I heard, 29th and 30th of July. Are there rumours of a 3rd being added? I'd love one on the 31st, as I'm back in the country then and could go!

there was talk of a 3rd gig on various boards.
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 03:43:26 PM »

Nothing's announced anyway; surely it would need to have been announced by now as the gig would be a week tonight!
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 03:44:19 PM »

3rd Wembley gig?
How cool would that be!?! ?Grin
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 03:49:22 PM »

no chance.
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 03:52:01 PM »

Its simple, there isnt enough time to sort out an extra show in time.  No way.  To print, distribute the tickets etc.  If there was gonna be a 3rd show it would have of been announced weeks ago, when the 2nd one came about.

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 05:43:21 PM »

As the 2 shows haven't sold out, I doubt they are going to add a third show with less than a week to go. ok

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 05:45:41 PM »

As the 2 shows haven't sold out, I doubt they are going to add a third show with less than a week to go. ok

I thought they were sold-out....  confused
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 05:47:48 PM »

Er, no.

Kylie Minogue on the other hand sold out 2 shows in 6 minutes on Friday and added some more.

Guns need to drop the album...

Give Peace A Chance...
Origen
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 05:49:46 PM »

I thought they were sold-out....? confused

Er, no.

Kylie Minogue on the other hand sold out 2 shows in 6 minutes on Friday and added some more.

Both GnRs Wembley Arena's shows have sold out.
Origen
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 05:51:13 PM »

there was talk of a 3rd gig on various boards.

Well there has never been talk of a 3rd Wembley show here. And as other people have said there is practically no time to arrange another show now, and it's pretty much certain it won't happen.
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 05:54:57 PM »

Er, no.

Both GnRs Wembley Arena's shows have sold out.

So Ticketmaster weren't prepared to sell me tickets to both shows in the last 2 minutes? ok

Give Peace A Chance...
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 06:00:35 PM »

Yeah there are still tickets available. Standing and shit seating for the first gig then just shit seating for the second gig! Mr May better show up, i just gave in and bought two tickets!

Jonx
Shirell
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 06:16:55 PM »

I haven't heard anything about a 3rd gig.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 08:25:37 PM »

Explanation for "It was sold out, why are there tickets available now??!!??"

Ticketmaster often releases additional blocks of tickets as shows approach, in order to fuck over those happy little gnomes known as "scalpers." Thus they may have shown SOLD OUT for weeks, but had a section or two reserved, and have opened it up now.

This was done in Toronto back in 2002, I couldn't get tickets to come up for weeks then wham, 80$ seats available. When I got to the show, there were two sections up front but to the side that slowly filled up for people who bought at the venue or got tickets in the days leading up to the show.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 08:34:29 PM »

Explanation for "It was sold out, why are there tickets available now??!!??"

Ticketmaster often releases additional blocks of tickets as shows approach, in order to fuck over those happy little gnomes known as "scalpers." Thus they may have shown SOLD OUT for weeks, but had a section or two reserved, and have opened it up now.

This was done in Toronto back in 2002, I couldn't get tickets to come up for weeks then wham, 80$ seats available. When I got to the show, there were two sections up front but to the side that slowly filled up for people who bought at the venue or got tickets in the days leading up to the show.

You're 100% correct.  Even for the shows in NY at Hammerstein which sold out in I think 10 minutes, there were some extras released for the 3rd show within a few days prior to the performance.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
TheDave0206
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 01:43:00 AM »

I wouldn't say Ticketmaster does anything to ward off scalpers.  The seats that become available closer to the show are seats set aside for the bands family, special guests of the band, the record label etc.  That is why they are such high quality seats.  Once they sort out who can attend and who cant, they put the remainder on sale at premium cost.  .  Also, many times a band will come in and realize that with the way their stage is configured, they can open up additional areas or entire sections.  I have used this method at least five times for various shows from the top of the ladder on down, and almost every time, I get amazing seats within a week of a supposedly sold out show.  In each case, the people around us were clearly close with the band members as we learned from conversations about how they got the tickets and all.  The guys onstage would pay obvious special attention to that section, whether it would be constantly looking over that way, waving, or pointing.  Some sporting events do this too (during 2004, the long sold out Eagles-Vikings divisional playoff game was sold out for months and tix were going for more than $500, but I got tix the night before for face and sat one row behind Mike Tice's wife as well as most of the other vikings wives and family).  Trust me, all ticketmaster cares about is whether or not they get their money. 

Fun how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky ones
hbkthepromking
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 01:59:35 AM »

Yeah there are still tickets available. Standing and shit seating for the first gig then just shit seating for the second gig! Mr May better show up, i just gave in and bought two tickets!

Jonx

If you call u call "giving in" going to a GNR show I don't know how why in the world you have nearly 500 posts on here. 
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 02:07:12 AM »

Jonx

If you call u call "giving in" going to a GNR show I don't know how why in the world you have nearly 500 posts on here. 

Maybe he didn't want to spend the money or had somewhere else important to be.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: