Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:22:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sounds like to me certain people are missing their GNR days..Matt Sorum speaks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sounds like to me certain people are missing their GNR days..Matt Sorum speaks  (Read 16226 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2006, 09:23:14 AM »

i dont see the need in a full time reunion.
You don't, but a lot of people do.

Exactly, that line-up was one of the greatest rock n roll bands EVER. You don't have to discredit the newGNR to know that.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2006, 09:40:10 AM »

I saw VR and the newgnr. I? think the old band (gnr) is just the real deal. better than anything. Keep Fortus though.

AXL
SLASH
DUFF
FORTUS
DIZZY
MATT/BRAIN (I still think Brain is better though)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 09:43:47 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2006, 11:02:46 AM »

I saw VR and the newgnr. I? think the old band (gnr) is just the real deal. better than anything. Keep Fortus though.

AXL
SLASH
DUFF
FORTUS
DIZZY

Now that line up would be awesome, if only Axl got Fortus back in the band back in 1994 instead of Paul Huge, maybe Slash would've stayed?

greendog
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2006, 11:33:50 AM »

i dont see the need in a full time reunion.
You don't, but a lot of people do.

Exactly, that line-up was one of the greatest rock n roll bands EVER. You don't have to discredit the newGNR to know that.

I know damn well that line-up was the greatest rock n roll band ever... i dont need telling , ive loved them all my life.

the ONLY reason i dont want a full time reunion is because I wouldnt want to see them make a new album and it not be as good as the other stuff.
One of the reasons why the break up of that lineup shud stay broken is because I like the whole "what if they stayed together? how fucking awesome would the music be?". Id rather have that, than the risk of having something shit. (even though it is hard to imagin)

Also I love the music the new guns is making, it is amazing. I love it all. and im happy with the way things are, because they can play the old songs good enough for me to enjoy and not get pissed that the originals aint still together.

So if a reunion was to take place, let it be a short tour, playing the old songs, the way it WAS. And let the New Guns carry on with whats NOW.

It hurts me to say it, but it really is that simple.

if only Axl got Fortus back in the band back in 1994 instead of Paul Huge, maybe Slash would've stayed?
i doubt it, one of the reasons slash went was because Axl got a guitarist without asking him and expected him to just go with it.

however, if you were to say that if Axl asked Slash about trying someone like Fortus, then maybe that would have worked... hmmm
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 11:37:01 AM by greendog » Logged
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2006, 11:51:07 AM »

AXL
SLASH
DUFF
FORTUS
DIZZY

You forgot the most important : Izzy...

I'll download it !
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2006, 02:24:16 PM »

^ Exactly you dipshits! Where's Izzy?
makane
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2006, 02:45:45 PM »

AXL
SLASH
DUFF
FORTUS
DIZZY

Now this would be the greatest band ever.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2006, 07:55:18 PM »

wooooo, i wanr a reunion. cause then i get to see nu gnr this tuesday and the original my favs..some time in the, hopefully, not to distant future.

html sucks
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2006, 12:14:47 PM »

I'd wait to see a full transcription rather than what this original poster has written. Look at his post instantly mentionin his distaste for VR. Also it could of been taken out of context or a what if question.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2006, 02:58:21 PM »

So if a reunion was to take place, let it be a short tour, playing the old songs, the way it WAS. And let the New Guns carry on with whats NOW.

Well said, my friend!

We all worship the original line-up, but it belongs in the past!
NewGNR (I prefer calling them Guns n' Roses) are a great band, I love their hard work and respect them.  They've been touring all this time just to show us what a great band they are and I'm convienced! As soon as CD comes out, they're gonna be huge.

Shouldn't this be moved in the Reunion thread?  Undecided
makane
Legend

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2006, 03:08:26 PM »

Well said, my friend!

NewGNR (I prefer calling them Guns n' Roses) are a great band, I love their hard work and respect them.? They've been touring all this time just to show us what a great band they are and I'm convienced! As soon as CD comes out, they're gonna be huge.

Shouldn't this be moved in the Reunion thread?? Undecided
It SHOULDN'T(imo), but it probably does now, 'cause people dragged it into offtopic discussion...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2006, 04:03:31 PM »

a reunion would be the greatest thing but what would happen to the guys in GNR right now? even tho they arent the original members they've been in the band for a long time and i think they are really coming together as a band now.  id love to see a reunion but i wouldnt like to see robin finck and the guys leave =/
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2006, 05:10:52 PM »

a reunion would be the greatest thing but what would happen to the guys in GNR right now? even tho they arent the original members they've been in the band for a long time and i think they are really coming together as a band now.? id love to see a reunion but i wouldnt like to see robin finck and the guys leave =/

Honestly they could all leave it wouldn't matter to me, I'm a gnr fan so I think I can take gnr and get rid of the guys who are just helping axl..
greendog
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2006, 07:46:57 PM »

Well said, my friend!

NewGNR (I prefer calling them Guns n' Roses) are a great band

THanks Smiley

and I too call them Guns N Roses now Tongue it was just easier to referr to them as that to save confusion Tongue
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2006, 08:02:47 PM »

AXL
SLASH
DUFF
FORTUS
DIZZY

You forgot the most important : Izzy...

The only reason I'd have suggested Fortus, was as a replacement for Izzy rather than having gotten Paul Huge. Who knows, maybe with Fortus in there, Slash would've stayed?

Of course we'd all prefer Izzy in the band though! ok

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2006, 07:54:01 AM »

Axl
Izzy
Slash
Duff
Brain (realistic)
Dizzy (Even though I cannot sdtand him)

This would probably be the closest thing to a reunion... I wonder if it has ever came up between Izzy and Axl... Or I wonder if they talk about how everything went down.

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2006, 10:23:24 AM »

As GnR have proved time and time again, swapping drummers is no big deal, it don't affect the sound too much.
You must be kidding.

Without Steven, it just didn't sound the same anymore. no

Reunion ? After Libertad and Chin Dem are released and promoted, reunion is a possibility...

I really hope that they never bring  back Steven.  If they do a reunion please put Matt in there.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2006, 10:41:43 AM »

Hmmmm recent reunion rumors created a rift in VR? interesting i wonder where? Duff and Slash? or did Matt get in shit for talking with Axl...

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2006, 10:48:03 AM »

Hmmmm recent reunion rumors created a rift in VR? interesting i wonder where? Duff and Slash? or did Matt get in shit for talking with Axl...

Not 100% sure don't quote me on this.....but it sounded like the members of VR didn't know what was up with Slash there for a while.  Duff and Scott both talked around it (well Scott tiraded), but it seemed they were uncertain of what was going on.  Probably nothing, just didn't have contact with Slash for a few weeks and then all these rumors pop up.  Then boom all of a sudden Sorum and Axl are in the spotlight.  I'm sure everyone was okay once they all got together and talked it out. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2006, 11:11:33 AM »

Not 100% sure don't quote me on this.....but it sounded like the members of VR didn't know what was up with Slash there for a while.? Duff and Scott both talked around it (well Scott tiraded), but it seemed they were uncertain of what was going on.? Probably nothing, just didn't have contact with Slash for a few weeks and then all these rumors pop up.? Then boom all of a sudden Sorum and Axl are in the spotlight.? I'm sure everyone was okay once they all got together and talked it out.?

if everything is ok then why is it not a good subject Tongue

just poking holes at it....I'm not suggesting anything....well kinda, but not really Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: