Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:59:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sounds like to me certain people are missing their GNR days..Matt Sorum speaks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sounds like to me certain people are missing their GNR days..Matt Sorum speaks  (Read 16000 times)
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« on: July 21, 2006, 10:26:57 PM »

from mygnr.com..but an inteview from a vegas radio station where VR played today..

Not sure if this is the right section, nor do I care.

Anyway, did anyone else hear the Matt interview on local Vegas radio today? Apparently VR is playing a gig here tonight, not that I care since I cant' stand that band... But anyway, He basically confirmed what he wrote in his blog about meeting up with Axl in New York.

Also, he said that when they were conversing Axl said. 'I thought you hated me man, that's why I never tried to contact you? funny that Axl would even care what he thought.

Matt also said he would be down for a reunion. He said he doesn't know if he would get "the call" or not if it were to ever happen. He also said that duff and slash would probably be down for it as well. The DJ asked him if Slash and Axl have made amends, Matt said "No comment, the recent reunion rumors caused a riff in VR so I am not going to talk about their status at all"

He also mentioned that there are several multi million dollar deals just sitting out their for them to reunite.

He also went on to say that all lead singers are wacky and if they could handle Axl they could Handle Scott, that's why they picked him as a singer.

Any way, that's it, was interesting.

well, this is a complete 360 from his comments on the VH1 thing behind the music hihi
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 10:30:12 PM by dolphin » Logged
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 10:45:16 PM »

you mean 180
mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 10:51:28 PM »

^lol i was thinking the same thing.? 360 would just be facing the same way hihi.

He also went on to say that all lead singers are wacky and if they could handle Axl they could Handle Scott, that's why they picked him as a singer.

But they couldnt handle Axl, thats why they arent in the band anymore...
EFISH
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 10:56:31 PM »

woah! thats cool. If GNR were to ever reunite, I'd think they'd probably take Adler even though I don't think he knows much of the stuff on UYI right? oh well.. nice read, thanks! yes
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 10:59:29 PM »

It would be nice, I think the only way it would happen, is if the current Gn'R lineup went their seperate ways.   That shouldn't happen, and I'm sure Axl is very happy with where he is now.  But who knows.  I don't know the details of anything. 
RichardNixon
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 11:19:09 PM »

Status of new VR album?
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 11:22:42 PM »

God only knows.  Remember before Contraband came out, they were all over the place, doing interviews, on fuse, and all sorts of stuff.  We definately weren't lacking news.  Now they've gone under the radar for some odd reason.   There's gotta be something going on that we don't know about yet.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 12:32:34 AM »

God, the current members have been far to dilligent and loyal to be constantly expected to just be dropped like a concrete block into the ocean by the fanbase...If nothing else, they deserve to have the fruits of their labour heard and judged based on its own merit.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 12:45:32 AM »

Axl will release CD, tour on it for a while, and then probably assess his options. He is not a retard, and knows that his career payday would be for a reunion. If Pink Floyd and Roger Waters were able to get on the same page, then there is no doubt that at some point we will see Axl and Slash on the same stage again. And much like when Floyd played together at Live 8, we will remember the magic that made us love the band in the first place.....and all that the pettiness robbed the fan base of.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 12:45:36 AM »

I don't think steve would get the call if there ever was a reunion.... it definitely would be matt. Steve's too much of a fucked up dude.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 01:14:35 AM »

I don't think steve would get the call if there ever was a reunion.... it definitely would be matt. Steve's too much of a fucked up dude.

Exactly - but assuming Adler's still alive when GNR goes into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he's getting inducted along with the rest of the Appetite lineup.

I hope Axl doesn't pull a Debbie Harry and only allow the current lineup of his band to perform at the Hall of Fame ceremony.

Stinson said a year or two ago that he'd step aside if Axl wanted to do a reunion.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 01:19:27 AM »

And then he'd probably get angry, or something.  I think Steve is interested in a reunion though.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 01:46:17 AM »

i think every member of the original line-up is interested in a reunion. i mean they rocked the planet. i don't think that a stadium tour can compare to what is happening now.

we'll see them together again but i don't think that time is now.

Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 02:02:48 AM »

I don't know, Axl seems to be getting even crazier these days, and I'm not sure how Slash & Co. would react to him.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 02:20:18 AM »

Stinson said a year or two ago that he'd step aside if Axl wanted to do a reunion.
I don't think that Tommy would have another option actually.

This Matt's interview is very interesting... beer
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 02:29:52 AM by Slashead » Logged

I'll download it !
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 03:41:17 AM »

no fucking reunion. to throw away 10 years of patient waiting and supporting GNR and then some reunion for money? no, thanks

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 03:50:18 AM »

no fucking reunion. to throw away 10 years of patient waiting and supporting GNR and then some reunion for money? no, thanks
Why would it be for the money ?

A reunion would simply be to return to normality.

I'll download it !
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 03:57:11 AM »

Why would it be for the money ?

A reunion would simply be to return to normality.

Well said

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 04:04:30 AM »

if thats true its better news for an stp reunion than a gn'r reunion
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 04:41:15 AM »

^lol i was thinking the same thing.? 360 would just be facing the same way hihi.

But they couldnt handle Axl, thats why they arent in the band anymore...

makes me think of last action hero hihi

I'm sure they'd all play together... Time heals all wounds.... I know a good deal of forum fans wouldn't want this but that's such a small percentage of the total population that it doesn't matter
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: