Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:06:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sounds like to me certain people are missing their GNR days..Matt Sorum speaks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sounds like to me certain people are missing their GNR days..Matt Sorum speaks  (Read 15005 times)
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 04:47:28 AM »

no reunion please! Let the new band release CD and show the world what they can do. The old band was cool but the new guys "now" are Guns N' Roses and i don't want that to change. Slash ,Duff and Matt can go on doing uninsoired rock n'roll with Scott  confused

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2006, 04:48:14 AM »

meant "uninspired"

sorry...

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 05:29:08 AM »

he(Matt) is causing a riff by sayin this. i dont get it is he stupid or what?  i thought he was happy to be in VR Slash and Duff too. if these guys are not serious about what they're doing i guess libertad is going to be a crap album.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2006, 05:47:37 AM »

Just because they would be interested in a reunion doesnt mean theyre not serious about VR does it? I mean it could be considered that Axl isnt serious about GNR with all the shit hes pulled.

I hope he is causing a 'riff' anyways, he is in a rock band. A rift though would be disappointing.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2006, 06:02:03 AM »

i can't see a reunion. The new band are behind the new music. It would be so half ass'ed if Slash and Duff arrived on the picture and attempted to learn and perform the new songs  hihi

...maybe one day GnR could have a Super Reunion.

Axl + Duff + Slash + Izzy + Adler - perform AFD tracks
Axl + Duff + Slash + Dizzy + Gilby + Sorum - perform UYI tracks
Axl + Dizzy + Tommy + Robin + Brain/Brian + Bumblefoot/Buckethead + Pittman - perform CD tracks

who know's, there could be a 4th line up some day  hihi
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 06:06:28 AM by codenameninja » Logged
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2006, 06:04:14 AM »

he(Matt) is causing a riff by sayin this. i dont get it is he stupid or what?  i thought he was happy to be in VR Slash and Duff too. if these guys are not serious about what they're doing i guess libertad is going to be a crap album.

Matt likes every one, he is out to look after no.1, himself. As GnR have proved time and time again, swapping drummers is no big deal, it don't affect the sound too much. If GnR needed a new drummer and Matt was offered the chance, he'd drop VR quicker than you could say...  big black bush  hihi
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 06:06:11 AM by codenameninja » Logged
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 06:15:25 AM »

As GnR have proved time and time again, swapping drummers is no big deal, it don't affect the sound too much.
You must be kidding.

Without Steven, it just didn't sound the same anymore. no

Reunion ? After Libertad and Chin Dem are released and promoted, reunion is a possibility...

I'll download it !
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2006, 06:23:46 AM »

As GnR have proved time and time again, swapping drummers is no big deal, it don't affect the sound too much.
You must be kidding.

Reunion ? After Libertad and Chin Dem are released and promoted, reunion is a possibility...

it's not. they're musically already too far away.

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2006, 06:26:53 AM »

You must be kidding.

it's not. they're musically already too far away.
Sure... hihi

I'll download it !
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2006, 06:28:16 AM »

i still think is not good PR (VR related) saying that he is down for a reunion if he is asked.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2006, 06:36:54 AM »

Yes...after this tour, release of CD and new album of VR, some videoclips and singles....I believe a reunion is possible if I read this interview from Matt!!

I really dig the new band, but a reunion with old members is bringing back all my hero's in the same band again...yeah, I would prefer to see that!! I think as Matt met Axl, Slash or Duff should also meet Axl someday, have nice talk about the old days, have some beers, few laughs...and the reunion is a fact!!! Like somebody already posted: time heals all wounds

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2006, 06:45:16 AM »

then how can you even consider a fan of Guns N' Roses? how can you tell that you like this lineup if you take them all as already out of the band. this is called hypocrisy. can you imagine new tracks played by old lineup? I can not. that's why this lineup will prevail - maybe with some little personal changes (who knows), but the core will prevail. after release of Chinese Democracy, they're already going to release next album. so fuck reunion hihi

greendog
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2006, 07:07:14 AM »

obvously, form never seeing the original band live, id LOVE a reunion... Appetite to Illusions ONLY though... that would fucking ROCK!

that been said, i dont want them back together, because after hearing the new material, I love the way the band is going, and from seeing the new band Live, im happy with how they play the old songs... i dont see the need in a full time reunion.
makane
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2006, 07:22:11 AM »

If there would be a re-union, no one would give a flying shit about this new band (exept few people on htgth). Sadly that just states how solid the new line-up really is.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2006, 07:28:39 AM »

i dont see the need in a full time reunion.
You don't, but a lot of people do.

I'll download it !
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2006, 07:33:45 AM »

i dont see the need in a full time reunion.
You don't, but a lot of people do.

Most people do!

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2006, 08:36:57 AM »

Anyone got an mp3 of this? Does the station even have a website?
badapple81
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2006, 09:07:52 AM »

Just because they would be interested in a reunion doesnt mean theyre not serious about VR does it? I mean it could be considered that Axl isnt serious about GNR with all the shit hes pulled.

I hope he is causing a 'riff' anyways, he is in a rock band. A rift though would be disappointing.

Axl and the old band members 'pulled' a lot of shit so it isn't anything new with this band. St Louis?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 09:10:14 AM by gunnerdownunder » Logged
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2006, 09:13:21 AM »

Axl and the old band members 'pulled' a lot of shit so it isn't anything new with this band. St Louis?

Yes we all know about St Louis, wasnt the other band members that caused a riot though was it?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

badapple81
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2006, 09:18:45 AM »

Of course it wasn't the other band members, but Axl took GN'R seriously back then and he pulled off shit like that, so I am saying that just cause he is doing it now, doesn't mean he doesn't take it seriously.

After many years recording, I am more than sure he takes it seirously. He has to, cant be any big fuck ups this time around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: