Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 07:05:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Wonder what Slash and Duff think of Izzy's Euro-touring??
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wonder what Slash and Duff think of Izzy's Euro-touring??  (Read 6120 times)
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 02:18:15 PM »

I doubt they're losing sleep...I can guarantee that we've overanalyzed it way beyond the point that they even thought about it.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 02:22:42 PM »

I'm a GN'R fan and couldn't give two shits what they think since they're no longer in Guns N' Roses.? ok

Well said BurningHills!  ok
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 02:24:52 PM »

I'm a GN'R fan and couldn't give two shits what they think since they're no longer in Guns N' Roses.? ok

Well said BurningHills!? ok
lmao
I'm a GNR fan and I care about what Slash and Duff think because newgnr are mainly playing their songs and solos ! ok

I'll download it !
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 02:33:17 PM »

I think theyre mature enough to not let it bother them. Theyre mates with Izzy, Izzy is mates with Axl, they do not like Axl. Simple really.

I hope Izzy rejoins and Finck takes a ride. That'd be the best thing for this band. (ell apart from a reunion of course  Lips Sealed)

I thought Axl wanted to move 'GNR' in a new musical direction not haul up past members for Stones covers. If he wants this band to be like the Guns of old, well he knows what to do.

But enough of reunion banter and so forth.

gilby talked to a fan and said they`re all communicating again....but anyways..

i didn`t hear anything about slash and duff for a while... i guess i should check the VR section more often or there`s just nothing happening...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2006, 02:51:25 PM »

I'm sure they talk a lot more than any of them care to let on.

It just makes better press if it looks like these two sides of GnR are at some kind of war to prove who the real driving force of that band was. Axl hangs with Izzy, Izzy hangs with the VR guys. This isn't rocket science.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2006, 03:17:27 PM »

Well they are thinking that Axl has dragged Izzy along to try and give some credibility to the whole thing - its far harder to dismiss the band as being a GNR tribute act when it has two original members

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2006, 03:18:55 PM »

Well they are thinking that Axl has dragged Izzy along to try and give some credibility to the whole thing - its far harder to dismiss the band as being a GNR tribute act when it has two original members

Nailed it there fella.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 03:21:15 PM »

- its far harder to dismiss the band as being a GNR tribute act when it has two original members

Not quite, but an appearance here and there and an apparent blessing sure doesn't hurt.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 03:23:14 PM »

Oh my God... Let's not go through this whole shit again.

Good idea, I'll delete that part, if you delete out the quoting.? My original post, though, is valid?? I really wonder what those guy's think watching Axl and Izzy tear Europe up, singing Stones songs, and playing straight ahead hard rock!!? Not to mention, how damn much they (Axl and Izzy) seem to be enjoying this!

If Matt Sorum's recounting of his run-in with Axl in New York City earlier this spring is any indication, Slash and Matt are probably cool with it. I think any animosity with Axl is behind them at this point. I mean where can they take it - apparently not before a judge?

I still speculate that Izzy is the bridge to bringing the original band back together. And, as long as he is with Axl, a reunion is a possibility. ?Personally, I could care less if the original band reunited. I would rather have Chinese Democracy. But, Izzy would probably want the former.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 03:27:16 PM »

Oh my God... Let's not go through this whole shit again.

Good idea, I'll delete that part, if you delete out the quoting.  My original post, though, is valid?  I really wonder what those guy's think watching Axl and Izzy tear Europe up, singing Stones songs, and playing straight ahead hard rock!!  Not to mention, how damn much they (Axl and Izzy) seem to be enjoying this!

If Matt Sorum's recounting of his run-in with Axl in New York City earlier this spring is any indication, Slash and Matt are probably cool with it. I think any animosity with Axl is behind them at this point. I mean where can they take it - apparently not before a judge?

I still speculate that Izzy is the bridge to bringing the original band back together. And, as long as he is with Axl, a reunion is a possibility.  Personally, I could care less if the original band reunited. I would rather have Chinese Democracy. But, Izzy would probably want the former.

has anyone returned to GnR once they are out of GnR. I don't think so. Izzy does't count as he simply shows up at the odd live gig here and there. I doubt Izzy has had any input into CD, unless he has, to help with Axl's writers block (now that would be funny to see Izzy on the credits).

...is Izzy paid to show up at live gigs, or is it simply a case of all expenses paid for  beer
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 03:29:07 PM by codenameninja » Logged
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2006, 10:06:56 PM »

If any of them take the odd peek at these kind of boards (which i am sure they do, Matt for sure) then:

1.They probably laugh at the stories of Axl turning up late and keeping the fans waitings. They probably don't miss that side of things. Just the same old Axl.

2.They probably laughed at the Axl biting a guards leg. Just the same old Axl, can't handle his booze.

3.Seeing Bunblefoot arrive join the camp at such short notice probably tells them that GnR are not as together as they would like to me. IT really is Axl + a bunch of hired musicians.

4.Seeing Izzy and Seb on board also spells out just how un sure Axl is with his new project.

...as for the new songs, they were probably expecting better. Maybe VR can deliver better with their 2nd album in the shorter space of time than 10+ years  hihi

you have no idea what the fuck your talkin' about Angry

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Bono
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2006, 02:26:41 AM »

I'd be willing to bet that they're happy for Izzy as long as he's happy and I have no doubt that if Slash and Duff asked Izzy to perform with VR he'd do it. Nobody ever seemed to have anything bad to say about Izzy. I honestly don't think Slash and Duff  care one way or the other as long as Izzy's enjoying himself.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2006, 04:38:50 AM »

Prob not as much as some of you people.

probably not, they know he's jamming with axl like he did with them in europe so it's all good..
RichardNixon
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2006, 08:31:04 AM »

Nailed it there fella.

Horseshit.

Izzy is along for the ride for shites and giggles. Axl does't care about giving "some credibility to the whole thing." It's his band and he does what he wantes to. Izzy on the bill for three songs a show wont help them sell tickets.?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 08:36:30 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »

"cool, Izzy's doing the same with Axl's band as he did with our band when we were touring." maybe something like that?
and they're probably all excited to speak to Izzy again soon to hear how Axl's doing these days.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2006, 09:08:31 AM »

Maybe they'll cook him up a roast and they can all hang out and be friends.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2006, 09:11:27 AM »

I'm a GN'R fan and couldn't give two shits what they think since they're no longer in Guns N' Roses.  ok

Well said BurningHills!  ok

so you care about a bandname, instead of the people that made the band and the songs?
so would you be a GN'R fan if Bullet For My Valentine bought the rights for the name and used it?
seems.....weird.

Im a fan of the band, but the most important part of that is the bandmembers. and Im a fan of most of them, old and new. mostly the old so far, cos I barely know what the new guys can do creatively.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2006, 09:24:02 AM »

I don't think they're that shocked or hurt. Izzy has always done his own thing... and had a LONG-TIME friendship with Axl that neither Slash, Duff, Matt etc. ever had.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
GNRslaxl
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2006, 09:29:39 AM »

Well said BurningHills!? ok

so you care about a bandname, instead of the people that made the band and the songs?
so would you be a GN'R fan if Bullet For My Valentine bought the rights for the name and used it?
seems.....weird.

Im a fan of the band, but the most important part of that is the bandmembers. and Im a fan of most of them, old and new. mostly the old so far, cos I barely know what the new guys can do creatively.

you're so right, sometimes i read things that seems like if Guns N Roses were a soccer team... and the best example is what BurningHills said. I really dont think that Slash and Duff think about this too much, Izzy played with them when they were touring Europe in 2004... so... beer
Megaguns
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2006, 11:18:09 PM »

Izzy will be the key figure if there will ever be a reunion, Which is very very unlikely.
If it ever happens i hope its not when their all in their 60s. Im certain Slash &Duff dont give a fuck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: