Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:42:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 21st, 2006 Glasgow, UK @ SECC Sold Out!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 21st, 2006 Glasgow, UK @ SECC Sold Out!  (Read 38163 times)
Olorin
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2006, 01:26:59 PM »

Just found out it was, "Some Scottish milk.......some Highlander milk!"

Yeah that was it.

I also forgot about the cup of water or beer or something that got launched at the stage.
It landed beside Axl, I held my breath for a few moments - not the only person I'm sure.
A roadie came running out with a couple of towels and him and Axl together mopped it up!!!
Axl was still singing and never skipped a beat rofl

Axl was incredible all night, he was truly awsome and in great spirits.
Olorin
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2006, 01:28:26 PM »

i'm lost here...

...is this a different concert?

In 1 report i've read there was no new songs except the Blues played and no Paradise City. In a 2nd report i've read Madagascar was played along with a killer version of nightrain.

Have any bootlegs surfaced on these show(s)? Smiley

This was Scotlands show mate, from last night.

And we fucking rocked!!
Olorin
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2006, 01:42:20 PM »

AXL GOES IN WITH ALL GUNS BLAZING Daily Record 22nd july 2006

Guns N' Roses rocked Glasgow last night at a sell-out show the fans had waited more than a decade for.
Axl Rose is the only surviving member of the original line-up but that didnt deter the thousands who packed into the city's SECC for the bands only Scottish gig.
They kicked of the show in style with a stunning rendition of Welcome to the Jungle, accompanied by a massive pyrotechnic display. They followed it with Mr Brownstone, from debut album, Appetite for Destruction.
Their cover of Paul McCartney's Live and Let Die shook the entire arena as the band worked through a selection of greatest hits and tracks from new album, Chinese Democracy.
Rose showed no signs of wear or tear as he turned back the clock to provide a stand-out frontman performance.
 And he returned the warm welcome he recieved, telling the crowd:
"Thank you so much for coming out tonight -you're the best, totally insane. And I should know because I'm Scottish too."
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2006, 01:57:01 PM »

Excellent review from the Daily Record.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2006, 02:43:47 PM »

i'm lost here...

...is this a different concert?

In 1 report i've read there was no new songs except the Blues played and no Paradise City. In a 2nd report i've read Madagascar was played along with a killer version of nightrain.

Have any bootlegs surfaced on these show(s)  Smiley

This was Scotlands show mate, from last night.

And we fucking rocked!!

cheers,

so at this gig they played Paradise City + Better + TWAT + Blues + Mada  Smiley
Olorin
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2006, 02:49:27 PM »

No TWAT I'm afraid. But we got used to love her ok
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2006, 02:52:20 PM »

wow OLOrin that was a great and fun review....god I envy you guys  Grin awesome!  ok

Robin looked good all in black  drool

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2006, 03:04:19 PM »

I really hope GnR get the reviews they deserve from this mini tour but as usual they never seem to get credit.

Non-gnr related highlight for me was repeatedly getting a security chicks tits in my face Cheesy I was front row so whenever they were grabbing crowd surfers the female security chick was standing up infront of mean and leaning into me!!

Im not talkin jus brushing against my face.. I mean proper squashed into me  Tongue
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2006, 03:16:04 PM »

If she was nice then that would definately have added to the night Grin

When you took everything

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2006, 06:05:57 PM »

Guns N' Roses rocked Glasgow last night at a sell-out show the fans had waited more than a decade for.
they waited more then a decade so how did gnr rock the house.. Just found that interesting
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2006, 06:19:56 PM »

What do you mean Mike  Huh

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2006, 07:15:32 PM »

Axl is scottish? Huh Have i missed something here?

shit happens when you party naked
Evolution
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2006, 07:38:42 PM »

Think he said that just for the cheap pop I think  Wink
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2006, 07:42:58 PM »

The Olorin review of the show was one of the best reviews I've ever read.  I'm a bit more tame, but the emotion is still the same for my favorite band of all time...Guns N' Roses.
 beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2006, 07:52:52 PM »

I think he said part Scottish but no idea if that's true or not  Grin

When you took everything

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2006, 08:20:57 PM »

well they guy does have some red in his stubble on many pics...as far as im aware that means he must have either scots/celtic or scandinavian blood in him ok

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2006, 10:19:35 PM »

Robin was good when playing the songs but his solos were excruciatingly bad. They were awful. It was painful on the ears and I really don?t know what they were supposed to sound like. It was embarrassing.

another person not a big fan of robin

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2006, 10:58:49 PM »

Waist down during the UYI tour.  Tongue

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
FortusGNR21
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: July 23, 2006, 06:06:22 AM »

OK,  here are my two cents, although evrything has been said already!! Taken a while because I've been sleeping off my hangover!!  beer

Anyways, me and my friends arrived at the SECC at around about 8pm, having been drinking most of the day, My head told me that we'd be in for a long wait, but after seein GN'R go on on time at Download, I wanted to make sure I was there in time!! We arrived for the last couple of songs from Bullet, they seemed OK, not really my cup of tea, and judging by their reaction, not a lot of peoples cup of tea!! Bullet finished at 8.15 and they cleared the stage for GN'R. Rock songs were played over the PA, AC/DC and the like, and the arena filled up nicely, there was a HUGE sense of anticipation in the arena that is hard to describe, a sense of excitement at seeing Axl play Scotland for the first time, it really was a very special atmosphere in there. So two hours came and went, after every song finished there would be huge cheers...........only for another to start and be greeted with huge boos! haha  rofl But then at 10.05 the house lights went down, the intro tape played..............

AND WOW! Jungle kicked in and the place went FUCKING NUTS! I went down the front but I just couldn't handle it, and I'm 6ft 3!! The front of the arena was goin ballistic, you couldn't hear a word Axl said because everyone was singing so loud! It was just so fucking cool! Jungle, ISE, Brownstone as usual, with Axl stopping after ISE and telling everyone to take a step back, almost the same speil as before ISE on Live Era "People are getting really smashed down the front".

LALD rocked and then Better played. I'd sent Ron a myspace message on Thursday to tell him that Scotland would love to hear Better and Maddy, and to my delight we got them both, I was freaking out when Better started and I was singing at the top of my voice, only to get strange looks from everybody wondering what the hell I'd been smoking  hihi

The middle of the show consisted of the usuals, YCBM, The Blues, SCOM, an awesome November Rain and all the solos. One thing I noticed is that everybody was really in to the solos round about where I was, they all recieved warm appluase, as did the new songs, there was a feeling that Scotland was there to enjoy themselves and not pick holes or pine for the old band! Axl was in a great mood, laughing and joking with the crowd, at one point before Nov Rain he did say "Go home fuckhead" but I didn't hear what it was about, but even then Axl seemed to be having a laugh and a joke about it all.

Then the place went apeshit when Izzy came on, and especially so when they kicked in to Used To Love Her, a great rendition, no You Gotta Move, but I woulda preferred Used To Love Her over that anyday. The show ended with an awesome Nightrain. Before the encore I said to my friends that If they played Maddy I'd die a happy guy, and sure enough the encore started with it, and it was unbelievable, although my only critiscism would be that the samples were not loud enough. PC came and went and was played as great as usual, confetti, fireworks, Goodnight Scotland!!!

So my thoughts then.........well IMO if ever there was a gig to show to people to show them the virtues of the new band, this was it. It was awesome from start to finish, never a note missed, entertaining as fuck, and with a great appreciative crowd that gave the new guys everything they had and were there for a good time. No calls for Slash, just happiness and appreciation that what we were seeing was a band on top of their game, playing a great show for the Scottish people. A great setlist, Axl was in a fucking great mood, and It really was the best gig I've seen, better than Download I reckon and one of the best nights of my life, it's nights like these that remind you why you are such a huge GN'R fan in the first place.

Roll on November and hopefully we'll have an album in our hands!! ok

I get up around 7, get outta bed around 9, and I don't worry bout nothin no because worryin's a waste of my fuckin time!
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2006, 06:39:38 AM »

Great review  ok

When you took everything

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: