Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:19:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Carrie Underwood
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carrie Underwood  (Read 7688 times)
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 08:09:25 PM »

Can't say enough how impressed I was of her covers of these tunes.  These songs sounded great and kept true to the way they were written.   peace
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 11:06:10 PM »

I'll admit she sounds good, but please, an american idol country star covering one of the greatest hard rock songs of all time??

That song just shouldn't be covered.  It'd be like someone trying to cover Stairway to Heaven...you just don't do it.

Better then Sheryl Crow though....then again, the turd I dropped an hour ago is better then her version.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 11:27:57 PM »

the tenth "holy shit!!!" of the thread. 

that was awesome.  loved how she did the first verse acoustic...way to keep the song the same, but at the same time make it her own.  and the end...shit nailed it, i thought it was axl for a sec.  hihi

oh and btw...if robin ever dies...sign this guitar player up for GNR.  that solo was nasty good.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 11:32:24 PM »

I'll admit she sounds good, but please, an american idol country star covering one of the greatest hard rock songs of all time??

That song just shouldn't be covered.  It'd be like someone trying to cover Stairway to Heaven...you just don't do it.

Better then Sheryl Crow though....then again, the turd I dropped an hour ago is better then her version.

agree with this, it was a great cover and that, but couldn't someone else do it? She's a hardcore country singer from American Idol, correct? why couldnt like that Chris Daughtry guy or Ace or one of those rocker guys do it?
SuperMike
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2006, 11:35:22 PM »

pretty good yes Cheesy
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2006, 11:40:23 PM »

Shockingly wonderful!! Shocked Her guitar player plays the solo better than robin Shocked

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 11:55:10 PM »

I like it because it is clear that she has grown up liking GNR- maybe she has an older brother or her dad who may have played it around her all the time.

Yeah, that must be it.... because it would be fucking impossible for a girl to like GN'R on their own accord, right?
HuskerTornado
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2006, 12:14:31 AM »

She can't whistle though.  Bummer, that adds so much emotion to Patience. 

I guess I'm just not seeing why all of you have the pants at half mast here.  The big Axl sound is gone (as is the amazing guitar and bass play), and this is a major reason why I can't stand to listen to covers of GnR songs.  It is a fair rendition, but she isn't exactly blowing through a large range of octaves on stage. 

One of the few GnR covers I like is Asphalt Ballet's "Crash Diet". 

Undecided

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 12:16:08 AM »

agree with this, it was a great cover and that, but couldn't someone else do it? She's a hardcore country singer from American Idol, correct? why couldnt like that Chris Daughtry guy or Ace or one of those rocker guys do it?

Are you kidding? Daughtry has got to be one of the biggest posers in the world.  I'm so glad he didn't win, I was watching that lame show just to see him lose.  What a joke. 

I pray nobody on that show EVER does a Guns tune.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 12:32:11 AM »

Are you kidding? Daughtry has got to be one of the biggest posers in the world.  I'm so glad he didn't win, I was watching that lame show just to see him lose.  What a joke. 

I pray nobody on that show EVER does a Guns tune.

I never really watched it, just caught some clips on the news when the final votes and stuff were going on. I just figured Chris or Ace would fit the kind of rocker persona, weren't they "rockers" on that show?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2006, 12:54:28 AM »

lol  hihi  She even left and went back stage for a bit during Sweet Child   rofl

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2006, 01:02:37 AM »

That song just shouldn't be covered.? It'd be like someone trying to cover Stairway to Heaven...you just don't do it.

I see where you're coming from but disagree.  SCOM is a timeless classic, but hardly sacred.

Gotta give the girl credit where credit is due, she did it justice. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2006, 02:01:47 AM »

Wow! She's really good! Her Patience put a smile on my face and the Sweet Child actually send shivers down my spine. She was so cool! She gotta be a fan, even walked out during the solo! I was like Whoa Dude!  Shit! I gotta watch it again! ok

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Shirell
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2006, 04:22:14 AM »

She's really good!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2006, 12:04:14 PM »

Personally, i don't like her voice; if i was gonna listen to a young hottie cover GnR, i'd much rather hear Christina Aguilera sing Patience or GnR; she has a much better voice and much bettr range
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2006, 12:50:15 PM »

Not bad.

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
makane
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2006, 01:38:28 PM »

Didn't like her. Not a great vocal range. Ruined Patience(it's not a country ballad). Tried to do SCOM 1:1 with the record version, but couldn't nail it.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2006, 01:49:07 PM »

I think the guys from Supernova should ask her to audition for there band.....as she's much better than tarts they have competing hihi

but that'sone of the better versions i've seen done of Sweet Child, and the guitar player's not bad....I like the way heplayed the soloway better than the BHead played it when he was the lead player.....

Range and tone on the vocals are a little lacking but she did do the song justice....
poorlakers
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2006, 05:23:54 PM »

What about her bio., is she from Indiana? I have heard of her(I THINK) IN 1980'S!!

Poorlakers
poorlakers
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2006, 05:26:14 PM »

I'm wrong - sorry - I was thinking of Carrie Newcomer(sp?) - Again Sorry

Poorlakers
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: