Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 11:01:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  DO YOU PEOPLE WANT BUCKETHEAD BACK????
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: DO YOU PEOPLE WANT BUCKETHEAD BACK????  (Read 14866 times)
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 12:31:21 PM »

could you picture GNR playing an acoustic show and then at the side of the stage is Buckethead dressed like a clown....Gimme a break dude....If you wanna be? a performance artist then thats fine--go play with John Zorn--not Axl Rose........................as for buckethead gaining a following--um dont think so...i remember in 02 when Axl would introduce the band it would be embarassing cuz people would scream for slash or izzy and there would even be some boos.......................BYE BYE buckethead have fun playing improv shows with bobo ostertag in small clubs

Where do you get this clown shit?  Also where you even at any 02 shows?  Many many people clapped along while he played Hog Bitch Stomp.  And who the fuck is this embarrassing for?  You?  Like I said, if you're so hellbent on image.....go watch Poison....I hear those guys still look like 1980's rockstars!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »

you are right..having a guy in white clown makeup wearing a chicken basket on his head fits in perfectly with GUNS N ROSES.....the baddest band in the world with a cartoon character as a guitar player............i really think the people who love 02 GNR and buckethead are just a bunch of newbies who do not know anything about the REAL GNR.....go back to your green day and sum 41 albums newbies
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 01:11:37 PM »

i miss him... beer
me too! beer
He didn't look like Slash nor did he try to sound like him. That's why I respect Buckethead more than Finck.

Finck is trying to look/sound like Slash?? confused No fucking way!

BH is a big joke and trouble, the line-up should stay the way it is.
This is the best GnR version since the original.
If Axl is smart (which he is....), he won't change a thing.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 01:21:21 PM »

you are right..having a guy in white clown makeup wearing a chicken basket on his head fits in perfectly with GUNS N ROSES.....the baddest band in the world with a cartoon character as a guitar player............i really think the people who love 02 GNR and buckethead are just a bunch of newbies who do not know anything about the REAL GNR.....go back to your green day and sum 41 albums newbies

First....that clown makeup = a mask. ?Can you not decipher the difference? ?Apparently you've never even seen Buckethead. ?Second...I've been a GNR fan since about mid 1988 so as far as being a newbie wrong again. ?As far as being the baddest band in the world.....dude wake the fuck up...Axl is like 44 years old. ?Other than slap fighting Tommy Hilfiger and biting a security guard...I think the baddest band image in the world is pretty much gone. ?Dude he's 44....do you expect him to be clad in leather chaps and out there throwing TV's out of hotel room windows and hitting old ladies in the head with wine bottles? ?Shit man Axl is past all that image crap...he's making music now.

As far as Green Day and Sum 41, I can't fathom either of them.....some people do, good for them....but as much as you're obsessed with image...maybe you should be the one looking in a mirror and trying to figure out why you're wearing a necktie and a Ramones shirt with some arm bands and some cool "sk8ter boi" shoes claiming you're the know it all of rock n roll?

And lastly...with a name like Mikepatton....I'm assuming you're a fan........you should be the last person bitching and whining about somebody being a "clown".? ?I mean I enjoy Patton, but to say Buckethead is a little strange....well I never watched Bucket eat trash off a stage or let audience members spit in his mouth or drink his own urine onstage.? You have no case....go away.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 01:52:51 PM by bill213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2006, 01:39:45 PM »

I know Ron may? be faceless and not the typical GNR guitarist but do you people actually want Buckethead back?Huh?? This guy is a clown....He belongs in Limp Bizkit or Slipknot.....The last thign Axl needs is some clown with a chicken basket on his head and clown makeup.....This is a real badass rock n roll band (at least it used to be) not some artsy joke band..this isnt Kiss.......can you picture buckethead in aersomith or zeppelin...the worst mistake axl ever made was hiring that guy......thats why 02 was a joke....

The 02 tour was a joke for many reasons, but not Buckethead's fault. He was one of the high  points in a tour that had few.
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2006, 03:09:43 PM »

as for patton being a clown i understand where u r coming from....patton actually played a show with buckethead 2 weeks before rock n rio 2001......but seriously dude patton doesnt wear masks on stage..unless you count mr bungle from 1989-1996
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2006, 08:08:49 PM »

Hell yeah, I want Bucket back. I will be so happy when they fire Bumblefoot. I'm not a fan of his playing and he's got zero charisma. He's just a fucking touring guitar player who'll never record original music with Axl.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2006, 11:44:15 PM »

If you wanna be  a performance artist then thats fine--go play with John Zorn--

He has actually.  ok
as for buckethead gaining a following--um dont think so...

almost 3000 people have registered @ buckethead.tk ... a website not even promoted.

i remember in 02 when Axl would introduce the band it would be embarassing cuz people would scream for slash or izzy and there would even be some boos.......................BYE BYE buckethead have fun playing improv shows with bobo ostertag in small clubs

people still shout slash and boo in 2006 , whats your point? And he does enjoy playing small clubs , yay!

p.s. you have the screen name mikepatten , I'll assume you are a fan of his .. have you heard any of the body of work mike and bucket have done together?

Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2006, 11:56:04 PM »

i miss him... beer
me too! beer
He didn't look like Slash nor did he try to sound like him. That's why I respect Buckethead more than Finck.

Well, Buckethead being awesome is one thing we can agree on  beer
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2006, 06:56:21 AM »

Jesuuuus...your ideas about Buckethead are absolutely ridiculous ...... I really can' beleive this shit. So, only because he's a good mucisan (no doubt of it) let's bring him in Guns N' Roses. Yeah...why don't we bring Paco De Lucia? Or no...how about Tom Jones...or maybe someone from Backstreet Boys drool Holly shit!!

"...It don't really matter..."
Catt
Headliner

Do as you got to, go your own way

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2006, 07:10:19 AM »

he's a great guitarist, but hell no!

Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2006, 07:21:23 AM »

Jesuuuus...your ideas about Buckethead are absolutely ridiculous ...... I really can' beleive this shit. So, only because he's a good mucisan (no doubt of it) let's bring him in Guns N' Roses. Yeah...why don't we bring Paco De Lucia? Or no...how about Tom Jones...or maybe someone from Backstreet Boys drool Holly shit!!
We didn't bring Buckethead.

Axl did. Grin

I'll download it !
sixgnr
Rocker

I know it's only Rock N' Roll but I like it!

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006, 07:22:03 AM »

I' don't like Buckethead as guitarist and his solo. While Ron is a really virtuous end eclectic musician. My advice is: listen his music.  ok

I'm Fuckin' Innocent!
Turin '92 + Milan & Zurich 2006 + Helsinki-Aalborg-Roma-Milano-Zurich 2010
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2006, 07:29:04 AM »

BH is good but no I don t want him back
I want Slash back...

Slash/Fortus/Finck... (nice team  Tongue )

CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2006, 02:41:49 PM »

no.
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2006, 05:31:23 PM »

No. Robin out,Izzy in. Richard and Izzy rythm guitar and Ron lead guitar. That's what i want.

Where's Axl?
Chandler
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2006, 06:44:45 PM »

Obviously the band (AXL) doesn't want him back or he would be.? It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.? If Axl dosen't want him then it must be for the best.? ?Wink

It don't really matter...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2006, 07:03:08 PM »

Obviously the band (AXL) doesn't want him back or he would be.  It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.  If Axl dosen't want him then it must be for the best.   Wink
You forgot one crucial thing: He walked away after years of inactivity. He wasn't fired. It has nothing to do with whether Axl "wants" him back.

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2006, 07:15:58 PM »

James, didn't Slash do the same thing?  Kind of....
Barockhamster
Opening Act

Barockhamster at helgon

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2006, 08:45:55 PM »

mature...or not.

Hell I Might be a "newbie" as you call me, but i fucking love bucket, didn't think he fit in Gn'R but still a freakin cool and skilled player.

The 02 gn'r was well the 02 gn'r, not the best but it still kicked the most music in 02. If they were such a shame for you then look on some old bootlegs and DVD's? We didn't force you to listen to them or even hear about them.

Please tell me how REAL GN'R,was like?  I(we) don't know anything?,

Don't like any of those band, but hell can't  people can't like those band and Gn'R?
Yey one-track mind grandpa.

Comerades !
Beloved brothers and sisters in rock !
We are gathered here today to celebrate a true revolution !
A revolution of a state in which we believe
GUNS N' ROSES
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: