Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 11:08:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  DO YOU PEOPLE WANT BUCKETHEAD BACK????
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: DO YOU PEOPLE WANT BUCKETHEAD BACK????  (Read 14869 times)
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: July 19, 2006, 10:11:53 AM »

I know Ron may  be faceless and not the typical GNR guitarist but do you people actually want Buckethead back?Huh?? This guy is a clown....He belongs in Limp Bizkit or Slipknot.....The last thign Axl needs is some clown with a chicken basket on his head and clown makeup.....This is a real badass rock n roll band (at least it used to be) not some artsy joke band..this isnt Kiss.......can you picture buckethead in aersomith or zeppelin...the worst mistake axl ever made was hiring that guy......thats why 02 was a joke....
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 10:14:33 AM »

GNR are not Aerosmith. 02 was awesome love. this thread is stupid.

mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 10:16:28 AM »

02 was awesome??? well you are one of a thousand who think so....
Thorne
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 10:16:56 AM »

I don't like Buckethead in the slightest....he almost made me go off the band!...and I really like Ron....he seems like a really nice guy and he is a fantastic guitarist!.....I hope he doesn't leave anytime soon.....

If you hate Thornes then don't pick this Rose.....
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 10:20:58 AM »

Nope. But I want his parts left on CD.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 10:22:30 AM »

You obviously have heard none of BH's material if you think he belongs in Limp Bizkit or Slipknot. Listen to some of his material before judging him.

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 10:23:13 AM »

nothing at all against Bumblefoot, he seems cool... but fuck yeah I want Bucket back. ?HE is not a clown. ?You people that think that are missing the point. ?He is an amazing guitarist and performance artist.... he offers something different. ?Not just another guy playing in a band. ?He truly is the best guitarist I've heard in years and the first to do something different since the days of Randy and Eddie. ?His solo stuff gives him a bit too much freedom imho but the structure of GnR's music can make him a god. ?If CD came out before the first show with him things would have been different. ?Think about what someone like Frank Zappa would have thought about bucket and brain? ?It's like Steve Vai and Terry Bozzio. ? Again nothing at all against Bumblefoot. ?It's more of a CD thing. ?The playing by bucket on TWAT is so fucking amazing. ?I used to want bucket off CD kinda how you would want your exgirlfriend to die after you see her with her new boyfriend. ?Now i just miss him and what CD could be with him around. ?I'm sure he wont be with GnR anytime soon but whatever. ?It is cool Izzy is back.
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 10:25:49 AM »

[...]Ron may  be faceless [...] not the typical GNR guitarist [...]
Buckethead [...] is a clown [...] the worst mistake axl ever made[...]
02 was a joke....
Ron is an awesome person & musician, and i've seen him at some shows, it appears he actually does have a face. And he doesn't hide it behind his hair or a mask either. Or maybe it is a mask, but one that looks fucking close to a natural face.
Buckethead is a terrific guitar player, just in case you haven't noticed.
02 had Guns N' Roses shows with new songs. You been to a show? I have. It was awesome.

"Wanting someone back in/out of" Gn'R:
1) i don't think decisions about that matter will be made based upon the reasoning and / or a democratic vote on an internet forum
2) is about the same as someone else telling you whom to marry, date, or divorce. People just do get along for a while, and then they don't. Welcome to life.

peace peace out, power to the people, and blame Canada peace

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006, 10:26:01 AM »

YOU GUYS WANT BUCKETHEAD BACK???!!! Shocked

And here Ive wanted Paul Huge back all along.... Cry... hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
RichardNixon
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2006, 10:27:32 AM »

Nope. But I want his parts left on CD.

I agree. His quiting the band fucked them over. If BH comes back he might just quit again. But I'd like his parts to stay on CD.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2006, 10:32:36 AM »

If Buckethead is remaining on Chinese Democracy, I would prefer Buckethead back in the band.  I don't like band members changing very much.  I also think it will confuse the casual fan that the guitarist on CD is not Slash, but has already been replaced by Bumblefoot. 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2006, 10:37:56 AM »

It can't be easy for BF to just step in and pick up where Buckethead walked out (left or whaever). I have not seen BF live so i cannot commnet on him all that well. I have seen some videos from the lastest shows, and it appears that BF is there just filling in and having a go. Maybe that is his approach. Maybe sometimes he gets it right and at other time's he gets it wrong.

If Buckethead was to return (which i cannot see happening) then he would need to loose the Bucket, loose the name, use his real name and drop playing Buckethead music. I cannot see this happening either.
EFISH
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 10:40:03 AM »

If Buckethead was to return (which i cannot see happening) then he would need to loose the Bucket, loose the name, use his real name and drop playing Buckethead music. I cannot see this happening either.

If that was the case.. would he still be afraid of girls?  hihi
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 10:40:27 AM »

I know Ron may? be faceless and not the typical GNR guitarist but do you people actually want Buckethead back?Huh?? This guy is a clown....He belongs in Limp Bizkit or Slipknot.....The last thign Axl needs is some clown with a chicken basket on his head and clown makeup.....This is a real badass rock n roll band (at least it used to be) not some artsy joke band..this isnt Kiss.......can you picture buckethead in aersomith or zeppelin...the worst mistake axl ever made was hiring that guy......thats why 02 was a joke....

I find this post fucking pointless. ?You seriously are saying Buckethead should be in Limp Bizkit? ?Dude he has more fucking skill and knowledge of music then those bands have in his little finger. ?Just because he has a gimmick when he plays doesn't take away from his playing ability. ?Buckethead was the best thing to happen to this version of GNR (that's my opinion and a few others) and if you look at the shows in 2002 Bucket was gaining a good following from the GNR crowd. ?Hell I know the show I went to had a lot of kids wearing buckets or with masks on. ?The image of old GNR is no more, get over it.......It's not about being bad ass anymore, it's about making amazing music and to have Buckethead contribute to that would be an honor. ?

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2006, 10:44:24 AM »

[...]Ron may? be faceless [...] not the typical GNR guitarist [...]
Buckethead [...] is a clown [...] the worst mistake axl ever made[...]
02 was a joke....
Ron is an awesome person & musician, and i've seen him at some shows, it appears he actually does have a face. And he doesn't hide it behind his hair or a mask either. Or maybe it is a mask, but one that looks fucking close to a natural face.
Buckethead is a terrific guitar player, just in case you haven't noticed.
02 had Guns N' Roses shows with new songs. You been to a show? I have. It was awesome.

"Wanting someone back in/out of" Gn'R:
1) i don't think decisions about that matter will be made based upon the reasoning and / or a democratic vote on an internet forum
2) is about the same as someone else telling you whom to marry, date, or divorce. People just do get along for a while, and then they don't. Welcome to life.

peace peace out, power to the people, and blame Canada peace

I've been to a show in '02: it sucked big time!!!!! Much worse than this tour which is "average".
Nevertheless, Buckethead is a super class, one of the best, guitarplayer. But, if I could choose....I would rather see Slash back! ?hihi ?hihi

What Rons concerns: I also like him very much and find him a very good guitarplayer, thing is that this band just plays some horrible solo's in this tour. The solo's of buckethead in '02 were much better. Solo's of Slash in the '90s were the best.
Concerning "image": I like Ron more than buckethead, he is more like the real deal. A more rocker. Buckethead appears like a freak and has "no" gn'r style (whatever this may be ?ok ) . Just my feeling.

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 11:42:49 AM »

I'd welcome Buckethead back into the band anytime as a fan!  Overall how would it be a bad thing?  His playing is very unique and not the style that you see other guitarists play as good as it!  He also contributed to alot of the songwriting, and yeah alot of gnr fans seemed to like him, and his solos during the 02 shows were very amusing.  People have to realise the guy is an absolute monster on guitar and I doubt very much gnr will ever have anyone else close enough to him.  I know Ron is a great guy as the band have really stood on their own two feet ever since he arrived, and he can play too but he's not buckethead!  Buckethead IMO had a much more exciting stage presence.  The only bad thing about Buckethead coming back is that it may make the band more unstable again, i mean if you read gnrontour.com alot of the cancelled shows are blamed on issues with Buckethead, so yeah thats one reason that I wouldn't want him back, but apart from that, all hail Buckethead! ok

@ Birmingham NEC, UK 25.07.06
@ Birmingham NEC, UK 17.10.10

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87
www.freewebs.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »

could you picture GNR playing an acoustic show and then at the side of the stage is Buckethead dressed like a clown....Gimme a break dude....If you wanna be  a performance artist then thats fine--go play with John Zorn--not Axl Rose........................as for buckethead gaining a following--um dont think so...i remember in 02 when Axl would introduce the band it would be embarassing cuz people would scream for slash or izzy and there would even be some boos.......................BYE BYE buckethead have fun playing improv shows with bobo ostertag in small clubs
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 12:02:13 PM »

I know Ron may? be faceless and not the typical GNR guitarist but do you people actually want Buckethead back?Huh?? This guy is a clown....He belongs in Limp Bizkit or Slipknot.....The last thign Axl needs is some clown with a chicken basket on his head and clown makeup.....This is a real badass rock n roll band (at least it used to be) not some artsy joke band..this isnt Kiss.......can you picture buckethead in aersomith or zeppelin...the worst mistake axl ever made was hiring that guy......thats why 02 was a joke....

dude, who gives a fuck about image? ?are you really denouncing a man's immense musical talent because he wheres a bucket and a mask? ?he is an amazing guitarist. ?he is one of the top 5 guitarists in the world EASILY. ?he is so much better than bumblefoot. ?personally, i dont think bumblefoot is that great. ?he is good, techincally, but i dont like his style, and he is DEFINATELY no buckethead. ?axl and gnr lost out GREATLY when buckethead left the band, just LISTEN to some of his work on the new songs, especially BETTER and TWAT. ?of course i want buckethead back, the band isnt AS GOOD without buckethead! ?i just hope his parts are left on the album. ?

also, '02 wasnt a joke because of buckethead, it was a joke because of axl's inability to sing and keep commitments. ?im just glad axl can sing again, because axl is about to regain his throne atop the music world! ? peace

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 12:03:04 PM »

i miss him... beer

Chinese Democracy!
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 12:26:04 PM »

i miss him... beer
me too! beer
He didn't look like Slash nor did he try to sound like him. That's why I respect Buckethead more than Finck.

I'll download it !
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: