Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:33:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  I want to hear more from Illusion!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I want to hear more from Illusion!!  (Read 10001 times)
PauloMacca83
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: July 13, 2006, 03:31:55 PM »

Why is it largely appetite... and new songs making up the setlist? I don't know what other fans think, but over here in the UK 'Appetite...' has kinda become a coffee-table esque album, owned by loads of people who aren't into Guns, but have bought it in order to make there record collection look appealing, and to be quite frank, it disgusts me!! Many a time I've had a conversation with these so called Guns fans and mentioned something like Civil War, and they haven't a clue what I'm wittering on about!

Anyway, my point being, why aren't we getting the likes of Estranged, Civil War, Pretty Tied Up, Dead Horse or even Yesterdays on this tour? I'm not being funny, but I'd prefer to hear some of these epics than some of the new songs, or even Appetite stuff.

So Go on Axl, make sure you play Estranged at the M.E.N arena gig on July 23rd and I will die a happy man!!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 03:35:55 PM »

Agreed

I'm hoping that the US tour in the fall will reduce the Appetite songs by a few, and add in Illusion songs that the old band never really played live either.
It'd kill if they somehow started rocking Coma, Locomotive, Don't Damn Me and Estranged to name a few ok
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 03:36:32 PM »

Crank up one of the UYI albums up real loud, relish the moment, and you can die a happy man today! ?Cheesy

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 03:39:25 PM »

this has been said many atimes before my friend, use the search bar.

as for estranged, he wont play that song without slash, it means too much to him!!slash came up with that riff and its axls song also, so he wont play it for some reason

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 03:40:40 PM »

You're not the only one.. altough I don't think that Finck/Fortus/Brain are into playing DTJ, Coma, Locomotive, So Fine, Dust n' Bones, 14 Years etc.. well maybe the last two if Izzy is on stage. But the truth is that many of UYI-songs are kinda "old-band"-tunes, and they need Slash/Duff/Izzy/Matt to make it sound and look good. Ofcourse not all of them, but still. For example, I can't imagine Finck and Brain putting that much energy to DTJ as Slash and Matt did..

And Estranged would be fucking cool, but it could be very hard for this line-up to play.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
EFISH
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 03:48:27 PM »

i woudl love for this to happen, but in all truths.. it wont. (the setlist wont adapt more UYI permanetly)...

I can see maybe just once this tour, just for the die-hards out there... throw out Estranged or Coma or even Civil War.

I think thatd a cool, one time thing... but if they take the time to learn it.. why not play it more than once, ya know.

Who knows... but i deffinatly want to see more UYI songs!
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 03:51:03 PM »

i think i would recieve a UYI song as much as a new CD song at the upcoming shows.itd be great to hear old material that they havnt played live before likie civil war for instance

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Origen
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 03:52:04 PM »

I agree there should be alot more Illusion songs in the setlist, but this subject is such a "dead horse" topic now.

But anyway, does anyone else realise Axl is play more Unreleased (new) songs then he is Illusion songs! ! !

He's playing what 4 UYI songs (and two fo them are covers, so really on 2 Illusion songs) and he play's quadruple that of songs from an album that odesn't even have a release date.

Axl really needs to add more Illusion sogns to the setlist, it's what the people want! But this has been said before and nothink has changed.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 03:55:49 PM »

i think he should replace LALD and KOHD with some other illusions but it wont happen

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 03:57:50 PM »

But anyway, does anyone else realise Axl is play more Unreleased (new) songs then he is Illusion songs! ! !

He's playing what 4 UYI songs (and two fo them are covers, so really on 2 Illusion songs) and he play's quadruple that of songs from an album that odesn't even have a release date.

Axl really needs to add more Illusion sogns to the setlist, it's what the people want! But this has been said before and nothink has changed.

Yeah, it's always LALD, KOHD, November Rain and YCBM.. But that's what "normal" people want to hear.. people who are not really fans, but like some of the old songs and so on. Same people are getting beer while new songs are played. Axl should think about the real fans and give something "rare"..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 05:21:43 PM »

yeah u?re right.. lol sometimes it looks as this tour was made to promote AFD  rofl... well anyway I would die for them to play Civil War, Don?t Cry, Estranged, Double Talkin Jive and Dead Horse... but what can we do? Thats what we have right now. Maybe in the US Tour they will change the setlist a bit... we never kno.. and although prefering them to play more Illusion songs I think they should focus on new ones...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
vince41090
Banned
Headliner

All the love in the world couldn't save you...

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 05:22:29 PM »

*Deja Vu*
Is there a glitch in The Matrix?

"Hey, Axl, put the thing out- it already sounds better than Velvet Revolver"
~Rolling Stone Magazine
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 06:36:23 PM »

Why is it largely appetite... and new songs making up the setlist? I don't know what other fans think, but over here in the UK 'Appetite...' has kinda become a coffee-table esque album, owned by loads of people who aren't into Guns, but have bought it in order to make there record collection look appealing, and to be quite frank, it disgusts me!! Many a time I've had a conversation with these so called Guns fans and mentioned something like Civil War, and they haven't a clue what I'm wittering on about!

Anyway, my point being, why aren't we getting the likes of Estranged, Civil War, Pretty Tied Up, Dead Horse or even Yesterdays on this tour? I'm not being funny, but I'd prefer to hear some of these epics than some of the new songs, or even Appetite stuff.

So Go on Axl, make sure you play Estranged at the M.E.N arena gig on July 23rd and I will die a happy man!!

God forbid, they havent commited the sin of buying a Guns album without being a diehard have they?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 06:37:40 PM »

I wanna hear more Chinese Democracy!

Here today...ready to rock
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 06:46:24 PM »

Yesterdays is perfect.  It's easy to play, it's a fan favorite, and it's short.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 08:03:00 PM »

i wanna see more interesting topics

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Mexican Gunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 08:03:30 PM »

Yeah, it's always LALD, KOHD, November Rain and YCBM.. But that's what "normal" people want to hear.. people who are not really fans, but like some of the old songs and so on. Same people are getting beer while new songs are played. Axl should think about the real fans and give something "rare"..

So you are saying that if I want to hear LALD, KOHD and such I am not a real fan? That is generelizing a bit too much. Maybe what you wanted to say was that a lot of people that don't really know much about GnR and are not "hardcore" fans want to hear those songs because taht is all they know.

I personally love those songs, and would be dissapointed not to hear em. Granted I would absolutely love to hear something like Civil war, as that has always been one of my most fav. songs, there is something about it.
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 08:03:53 PM »

has there been any spaghetti incident songs on the tour so far? i love Down on the Farm
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 12:46:15 AM »

So you are saying that if I want to hear LALD, KOHD and such I am not a real fan? That is generelizing a bit too much. Maybe what you wanted to say was that a lot of people that don't really know much about GnR and are not "hardcore" fans want to hear those songs because taht is all they know.

I personally love those songs, and would be dissapointed not to hear em. Granted I would absolutely love to hear something like Civil war, as that has always been one of my most fav. songs, there is something about it.

No no no, I love those songs too, but I would still rather hear Civil War, Yesterdays, 14 Years w/ Izzy, Estranged etc just to make some chances to the setlist.

But LALD and KOHD are those songs that "not-so-fans" know.. so maybe that is one of the reasons they are played. But I think that we are going to hear some "rarer" stuff later.. Maybe on US tour, especially if CD hasn't been released.

BEEP.
GNVR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 11:23:39 AM »

I'd be happy with Don't Cry, Civil War, Coma and Estranged in the setlist.  Nothing else.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: