Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 08:29:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Why did Axl record new vocals for Live Era??
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why did Axl record new vocals for Live Era??  (Read 12060 times)
JAC185
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 04:21:14 PM »

I could tell it was re-done on alot of songs, its hard to explain, its like on Live Era, its clearly his 'new voice' its like high and growly mixed, whereas the old rasp sounded different, more wholesome to me this sounds very obvious on some songs, particularly the harder rocking ones
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 02:00:03 PM »

I haven't listen to Live Era for a long time, but doesn't Axl sing that "..with your ass in the air!" -part on YCBM? 'Cause I don't remember hearing it on the Tokyo-DVD's. Actually I have heard it only on '93-bootlegs (probably late '92 too) Roll Eyes

I think the Tokyo DVD's were a collaboration of 2 shows...

yeah that's right, the DVD is the best from two shows where they picked out the best of songs and put them on the DVD..
so if he sings "with your ass in the air" on YCBM on the album and not on the DVD doesn't mean that it's a re-done vocals it's just that the song on the album is not the same as on the DVD.. if you know what i mean
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 02:42:40 PM »

I haven't listen to Live Era for a long time, but doesn't Axl sing that "..with your ass in the air!" -part on YCBM? 'Cause I don't remember hearing it on the Tokyo-DVD's. Actually I have heard it only on '93-bootlegs (probably late '92 too) Roll Eyes

yeah that's right, the DVD is the best from two shows where they picked out the best of songs and put them on the DVD..
so if he sings "with your ass in the air" on YCBM on the album and not on the DVD doesn't mean that it's a re-done vocals it's just that the song on the album is not the same as on the DVD.. if you know what i mean

Yeah, and to be sure I checked it by listening to the other concert too. No "with your ass in the air".. And where does it say that the dvd's are a collaboration of 2 shows?

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 06:23:49 PM »

Yeah, and to be sure I checked it by listening to the other concert too. No "with your ass in the air".. And where does it say that the dvd's are a collaboration of 2 shows?

well actually there was three shows in tokyo dome in 1992, 19 feb, 20 feb and 22 feb.. and it's maybe out of these three shows that the DVD is from.. i found it on www.gnrontour.com and if you look at the shows from 1992 you'll find it..
anyway this thread was about the whole album. (wich i think is a real live album) not the "with your ass in the air" part of YCBM hihi peace
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 12:49:05 AM »

well actually there was three shows in tokyo dome in 1992, 19 feb, 20 feb and 22 feb.. and it's maybe out of these three shows that the DVD is from.. i found it on www.gnrontour.com and if you look at the shows from 1992 you'll find it..
anyway this thread was about the whole album. (wich i think is a real live album) not the "with your ass in the air" part of YCBM hihi peace

Yeah, but I just tried to proof that the info about YCBM and other songs has to be wrong, or they have really mixed them to sound very, very different. There's no "with your ass in the air" in any on the three shows.. as it wasn't used during that leg of the tour.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2006, 07:10:29 PM »

To those who have been talking about "Estranged"....the music is definitely from the Toyko show, but Axl replaced his vocals.

firstly, it doesnt sound the same.? secondly, on the Tokyo DVD, Axl sings "but everything we've ever known's here" on the final verse, but on the live album, he sings "seems everything we've ever known's here".? so the slight lyric change gives him away on that one.

I'm surpised nobody has given any mention to songs such as "My Michelle", "Nightrain", and "Rocket Queen".? the newly recorded vocals are laughably obvious on those songs.? Axl didnt even use vocals from other shows, he completely re-sang those songs in the studio.? Axl never ever sounded as good live as he did on those three songs on Live Era, not on one single GNR show from any era.? Anybody who collects GNR bootlegs knows this.

As for "rumors", well, the vocal re-recording of Live Era isn't a rumor, it's 100% fact.? We dont need proof, it's just there.? as they say, the proof is in the pudding, because all you need to do is listen.? It's like saying it's only rumor that Axl had botox.? ?we dont need proof, we can look at his face and tell.? we dont need the receipt from his surgeon.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 10:08:53 PM »

I hardly ever listen to the album because of this.? It makes it much less authentic.?

Does anyone know why?

I agree, the re-recorded vocals sound crap!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
McDuff
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 10:41:33 PM »

if you think that re-recording vocals or guitars means it's not a 'real' live album,then I guess there never were any 'real' live albums put out by any band,because it's a fact that when any band puts out a live album there are always thing re-recorded in the studio,all bands do that,it's nothing new.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2006, 01:30:32 PM »

The songs from the concerts where picked by Del James and he did a lousy job at it.. for example the Rocket Queen version, there are tons of better versions of it out there. Hell this version doesn't even have a second guitar on it. Don't know what happened with Gilby's guitar but it ain't on it.

That's true. I know alot of better versions.. not just RQ, but other songs too. And why isn't DTJ on this record.. one of the best live songs ever.

I often thought that the version of Dust n' Bones was just horrible and wondered why it was included when superior versions exist.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 03:37:15 PM »

The songs from the concerts where picked by Del James and he did a lousy job at it.. for example the Rocket Queen version, there are tons of better versions of it out there. Hell this version doesn't even have a second guitar on it. Don't know what happened with Gilby's guitar but it ain't on it.

That's true. I know alot of better versions.. not just RQ, but other songs too. And why isn't DTJ on this record.. one of the best live songs ever.

I often thought that the version of Dust n' Bones was just horrible and wondered why it was included when superior versions exist.

Yeah, I prefer St. Louis version Cool + All the '91 European leg -versions..

BEEP.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2006, 05:40:40 PM »

To those who have been talking about "Estranged"....the music is definitely from the Toyko show, but Axl replaced his vocals.

firstly, it doesnt sound the same.? secondly, on the Tokyo DVD, Axl sings "but everything we've ever known's here" on the final verse, but on the live album, he sings "seems everything we've ever known's here".? so the slight lyric change gives him away on that one.

I'm surpised nobody has given any mention to songs such as "My Michelle", "Nightrain", and "Rocket Queen".? the newly recorded vocals are laughably obvious on those songs.? Axl didnt even use vocals from other shows, he completely re-sang those songs in the studio.? Axl never ever sounded as good live as he did on those three songs on Live Era, not on one single GNR show from any era.? Anybody who collects GNR bootlegs knows this.

As for "rumors", well, the vocal re-recording of Live Era isn't a rumor, it's 100% fact.? We dont need proof, it's just there.? as they say, the proof is in the pudding, because all you need to do is listen.? It's like saying it's only rumor that Axl had botox.? ?we dont need proof, we can look at his face and tell.? we dont need the receipt from his surgeon.

My michelle??are you sure??why would her bring in michelle after all these years?? im refering to the "you lil bitch" in between chorus, why after these years?

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2006, 08:14:26 PM »

His vocals on those live versions must have been shitty. Live Era is just a cash grab in my opinion.
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2006, 06:00:34 PM »

Yeah, a lot of bands re-record vocals and instruments for live albums. But nobody did a WORST job than Axl on Live Era? Cry

He really did NOT need to do that!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 06:25:05 PM by luciano » Logged
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2006, 07:25:24 AM »

I never knew the use your illusion dvds are 2 shows-i always thought it was one show on 2 dvds.But i guess that explains why axl has like a white mark on his face on the 2nd dvd and on the 1st dvd he hasn't.
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2006, 04:40:48 PM »

I never knew the use your illusion dvds are 2 shows-i always thought it was one show on 2 dvds.But i guess that explains why axl has like a white mark on his face on the 2nd dvd and on the 1st dvd he hasn't.

I don't think the dvd's are taken from two different gigs Kiss

BEEP.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2006, 08:15:20 AM »

Each DVD isn't a different show.. They just took the best versions from the Tokyo shows and combined them. There are probably songs from each night on both DVDs..

kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 08:22:58 AM »

Each DVD isn't a different show.. They just took the best versions from the Tokyo shows and combined them. There are probably songs from each night on both DVDs..

And where have you read this? 'Cause I have heard that the two other nights weren't used.. and I have listened to those bootlegs, and don't find anything similar compared to the DVD's. And gnrontour.com says "This show was officially released by GN'R as the 2 home videos Use Your Illusion I & II" under the last Tokyo show..

BEEP.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2006, 12:23:09 PM »

Why are YCBM and November Rain swapped around on the Toyko DVDs?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
axlrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2006, 11:10:34 PM »

dont know just b/c hes axl i guess lol
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2006, 08:25:02 AM »

november rain was clearly from the tokyo DVDs, and slash's solo was redone!!you can tell, or it was a diffrent solo from another concert!!

Yup, Slash's solo was definitely touched up. In the second half of the solo on the DVD, he bends a note way out of tune and tries to mute it. The solo on the Live Era album has no mistakes. So they must have done some form of editing...

Fuck 'Em All.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: