Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:29:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228553 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  ACNE (help)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ACNE (help)  (Read 13475 times)
Annie
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2006, 06:53:11 PM »

B5 is better than Accutane without the horrible side effects.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2006, 07:13:32 PM »

B5 is better than Accutane without the horrible side effects.

Unfortunately, I never knew enough at the time to try it.? It was 15 years ago or so.

I can say now that sure, I'd try Vitamin B5.? It's a water soluble vitamin if I'm not mistaken.? The fat soluble ones taken in excess can be toxic (A, D, E, and K).? My home economics teacher back in junior high had the facial scars to prove too much vitamin A is bad for you.? Sad

I can say that the studies trying to link Accutane to depression have been debunked.? The only harm taking properly prescribed Accutane can have is on pregnant women.? If I was a woman period, I wouldn't touch the stuff, that's just me.

Best advice.? Go natural first.? Are you truly eating right?? Fruits and veggies, little sugar, well-balanced meals, etc.?? Are you exercising at least 30 minutes a day?? Are you taking time to relax?? If these things are too tough (because for some they are) try that B5 route.? Just make sure you talk to a dermatologist.?

I have seen with my own eyes the remnants of a man's foot who had gone to a "Chinese herbalist."? The only "Chinese" I recommend for you in 2006 is Chinese Democracy.? ?ok
 peace

ps oops, I forgot to mention, personally, I had no side effects from Accutane...except for one.
After I completed Accutane...Guns N' Roses went almost 15 years without releasing an album of all-new music.   hihi
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 07:15:21 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2006, 07:20:49 PM »

I guess it's time for you to get some acne again cuz we still have no album of new music, Prez.

Reverse the side-effect I say!

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Annie
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2006, 07:28:24 PM »

Accutane didn't work for me but B5 did. B5 also worked for a friend of mine. Accutane can cause problems with skin healing but it has worked for some people I know. Accutane made me suicidal. the best treatment for acne scars are FRAXEL laser treatments.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2006, 07:30:39 PM »

I took accutane too...it tasted gross but it worked...but it wasn't a miracle cure and I still got acne afterwards just not as bad

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2006, 07:49:34 PM »

i had it. and like the dr's prescribed me a badass cream and it seemed to own the stuff and its gone.

html sucks
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2006, 08:00:39 PM »

dont know the spelling, but its called ROACITAIN

I had bad acne for years when i was in school n' i was put on this shit. Today you couldnt even tell i had a pimple!!

bad thing is the side effects man, it plays with your head n' weakens you bones n' shit, but i got through it ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2006, 08:22:01 PM »

bad thing is the side effects man, it plays with your head n' weakens you bones n' shit, but i got through it ok

this made me laugh.

+ gets rid of acne

- makes your bones weak

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
SLCPUNK
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2006, 02:43:50 AM »

hey, anybody got any good cures for acne, ive had it bad for about 4 years now and its not going away, i clean my face twice a day and moisturise etc etc but nothing seems to work, my face is always very itcy and irritating. It totally kills your self-esteem aswel, im sure people can relate to this.

Any help would be appreciated

What is your diet like?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2006, 05:33:59 AM »

why can't you people buy a mask ?

i mean they do white paint for teeth, so .....

alright, thank you, i'm out.

LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2006, 05:52:04 AM »

hey, anybody got any good cures for acne, ive had it bad for about 4 years now and its not going away, i clean my face twice a day and moisturise etc etc but nothing seems to work, my face is always very itcy and irritating. It totally kills your self-esteem aswel, im sure people can relate to this.

Any help would be appreciated

What is your diet like?

i have a decent diet as regards to eating lost of chicken and pasta etc, ill admit i dont each much fruit and veg if thats what your wondering lol?

99% of the time ill stay away from greasy food
Shirell
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2006, 09:18:58 AM »

I'm a beautician and skincare is one of my specialities so this is my turf.  To calm down or clear acne there are different things to try depending on whether you are male or female but there are some rules for both:

1.  Avoid soap like the plague, especially stuff like Dove which just sits in your pores and rots which is why you get the spots (lovely uh!)
2.  Keep to a fresh diet.  I know its boring but its also true.  Fresh fruit, vegs, fish and white meat will help your skin no end. 
3.  Avoid the sugar, its like poison to your skin especially chocolate although plain choc is better than milk. 
4.  For some people too many dairy products can induce a breakout.
5.  Crisps, chips, saturated fats - it's all bad.  Ditch that crap and improve your skin.
6.  Some sunshine in short bursts can be good for the skin, too much will induce a breakout.
7.  Exfoliate your skin. Dont use these products that are all too readily available promising so much but delivering very little.  Just use an exfoliation glove (which should be like a piece of hessian cloth) and use it with just hot water.
8.  Always cold splash your skin to close the pores after washing.
9.  Use a non oily moisturiser at least once a day but no more than twice a day.

There you have great skin. BTW, girls Dianette the magic little 'pill' that will keep you safe and clear.
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2006, 05:08:46 PM »

I'm a beautician and skincare is one of my specialities so this is my turf.  To calm down or clear acne there are different things to try depending on whether you are male or female but there are some rules for both:

1.  Avoid soap like the plague, especially stuff like Dove which just sits in your pores and rots which is why you get the spots (lovely uh!)
2.  Keep to a fresh diet.  I know its boring but its also true.  Fresh fruit, vegs, fish and white meat will help your skin no end. 
3.  Avoid the sugar, its like poison to your skin especially chocolate although plain choc is better than milk. 
4.  For some people too many dairy products can induce a breakout.
5.  Crisps, chips, saturated fats - it's all bad.  Ditch that crap and improve your skin.
6.  Some sunshine in short bursts can be good for the skin, too much will induce a breakout.
7.  Exfoliate your skin. Dont use these products that are all too readily available promising so much but delivering very little.  Just use an exfoliation glove (which should be like a piece of hessian cloth) and use it with just hot water.
8.  Always cold splash your skin to close the pores after washing.
9.  Use a non oily moisturiser at least once a day but no more than twice a day.

There you have great skin. BTW, girls Dianette the magic little 'pill' that will keep you safe and clear.

thanks very much for your time 'prettytiedup', theres some interesting stuff in your list, im male, anything different on that list?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2006, 01:19:09 AM »

i have a decent diet as regards to eating lost of chicken and pasta etc, ill admit i dont each much fruit and veg if thats what your wondering lol?

You should do some searches on food allergies. Try eliminating certain foods out of your diet (after reading a bit about it, getting a general idea) one at a time. Give it time and see the results. It can be a slow process, but it is a more honest approach. If you take meds to make the acne go away you may only be treating the symptom and not what actually causes it. Simple changes in your diet can not only clear up your face, but make your skin look terrific and healthy. My two cents???

Shirell
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2006, 04:11:39 AM »

You should do some searches on food allergies. Try eliminating certain foods out of your diet (after reading a bit about it, getting a general idea) one at a time. Give it time and see the results. It can be a slow process, but it is a more honest approach. If you take meds to make the acne go away you may only be treating the symptom and not what actually causes it. Simple changes in your diet can not only clear up your face, but make your skin look terrific and healthy. My two cents???

And an excellent two cents they were too!  Good advice.  Diet is very important sometimes you can be intollerant to a food group.  For example, if I eat foods with too much wheat I get stomach bloating because I'm intolerant to wheat.  An allergy is different to an intolerance.  Allergies can kill you and are rare, whereas intolerances will cause you problems like acne but will not be fatal.  Try going for the obvious first, stuff like red meat, too much alcohol (sorry!), sugar and dairy.  Eliminate one by one until you find the culprit. BTW pasta is not so good for your skin as it is heavy in gluten, wheat and usually eggs.  All bad stuff for your skin.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2006, 11:25:02 AM »

Acne: http://www.foodallergysolutions.com/food-allergy-news0402.html

General: http://allergies.about.com/cs/foods/a/blfood.htm

Markus Asraelius
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2006, 11:53:31 AM »

Washing my face always helps my acne but it dries up my face. So, I try to stay away from washing my face.
Shirell
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2006, 12:45:12 PM »

Washing my face always helps my acne but it dries up my face. So, I try to stay away from washing my face.

Not a good plan!  Hot water, rough cloth, wash face, cold water splash.  Clears pores, stops grease and dirt building up. Result, gorgeous kissable skin.  Okay Markus.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2006, 12:49:49 PM »

Not a good plan!? Hot water, rough cloth, wash face, cold water splash.? Clears pores, stops grease and dirt building up. Result, gorgeous kissable skin.? Okay Markus.

LOL...

Okay, I'll wash my face but I'll just have to put lotion on afterwards.
lald04
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2006, 01:13:59 PM »

Not a good plan!? Hot water, rough cloth, wash face, cold water splash.? Clears pores, stops grease and dirt building up. Result, gorgeous kissable skin.? Okay Markus.

Who knew just hot water would help....

More questions for prettytiedup Grin

Is buying facial cleansers like Clean & Clear and Neutrogena a bad idea??
When I wake up in the morning, my face is greasy as hell. How do I prevent that?
Could you use a moisturizer after washing your face with water, if so, what kind?

...its a miracle how long we can stay...[/i][/size]
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: