Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:29:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228553 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  ACNE (help)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ACNE (help)  (Read 13476 times)
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« on: July 08, 2006, 09:55:11 AM »

hey, anybody got any good cures for acne, ive had it bad for about 4 years now and its not going away, i clean my face twice a day and moisturise etc etc but nothing seems to work, my face is always very itcy and irritating. It totally kills your self-esteem aswel, im sure people can relate to this.

Any help would be appreciated
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 10:27:57 AM »

there's a big gun that would definitely get ridd of acne for anyone.
it's called accutane or roaccutane, but it's the last solution(try googling it)

there are a few things you might try before that.
I'd advise u to go to a dermatologist first.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 10:43:18 AM »

Depending on the product you use to clean your face twice a day, it can only make it worse. Most of the times, once a day is enough.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 11:01:10 AM »

two brands

LAROCHE POSAY (hardcore, dermatologist advice needed)

or

VICHY (more mainstream)

ps: and i'm not saying that cause i work for L'Oreal Wink

Danny Top Hat
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 12:04:53 PM »

I found the more stuff I put on my face the worse it got.? I also did go to the docs and get some antibiotics for it but I really, really wouldn't recommend that.

I say: Stop washing your face with soap and other products and just stick to water.? Splash your face with water twice and day (or more if you like) and the problem will go away.? Or at least, that's what worked for me.? Best advice my ex ever gave me, that. hihi
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 12:18:03 PM »

thats a lot for the help you guys, it looks like i should ditch the soap  peace
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 12:34:42 PM »

I found the more stuff I put on my face the worse it got.? I also did go to the docs and get some antibiotics for it but I really, really wouldn't recommend that.

I say: Stop washing your face with soap and other products and just stick to water.? Splash your face with water twice and day (or more if you like) and the problem will go away.? Or at least, that's what worked for me.? Best advice my ex ever gave me, that. hihi

I'll back this up:
I wish my face at least 3 times a day with hot water and it really helps? I barely have any acne now. Try to get as many little towels as possible to dry your face on instead of reusing only one towel or whatever it is you use.
Always try to avoid antibiotics.
Look for some gels or creams that'll keep your face dry; ask your dermatologist about it.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 12:54:57 PM »

I had some awful acne between the age of 17 and 19 or 20.  Accutane solved it.  If you are a chick though, I wouldn't take it.  no   The little caplets come with pictures on the plastic of a pregnant woman with a big red slash through her belly!  Scary stuff.

Don't worry too much.  When my wife, then girlfriend met me when I was 18, I was bad.  She didn't care, and at times even applied the salicylic acid with cotton balls to my "backne" (that's acne on your back that ya can't reach)  Smiley  I'd have blood stains on my white t-shirts...really sick shit! 

I do believe there's a genetic component, but stress is a huge trigger.  I'd also ditch the soaps.  I'd also recommend regular exercise.  The acne got much worse after I tore my knee up at 17 which didn't allow me to play sports.

Hope that helps!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 01:00:55 PM »

I read that accutan can have some sideefects, any of those true?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 01:16:02 PM »

I read that accutan can have some sideefects, any of those true?
It does.  All medications are going to have side effects though.
First thing you need to do is look at your lifestyle.  I know now they say that the chocolate and junk food causing acne is a myth, but I think a lot of people's acne is probably an overall symptom of their health.  Things that can help are drinking lots of water, exercising, not stressing out (that can make acne worse)... I'm not sure what skin care products you use or what your skin type is, but the more natural the better.  I don't think soap is a bad thing, as long as it's REAL soap.  The stuff you'll get in the drugstores is synthetic garbage with petrochemicals and detergents.  Kissmyface.com makes a great soap, it's a fragrance-free pure olive oil soap.  Stay away from scented skin care products because those can cause acne as well.  I've been using real soap on my face for the past three years now and it is the best it has ever looked.  I use the Kiss my Face Fragrance-Free Pure Olive Oil Soap and I moisturize with organic extra virgin olive oil.  I know it sounds weird, but it really does work. 
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 01:17:07 PM »

I don't work for Kiss My Face... they're just a company I like. 
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 01:30:59 PM »

Iv'e never had acne or an acne pimple in my life but a couple more bits-

Stress can be a contributing factor for some

and, try checking out a Chinese herbal doctor. Make an appointment and see what you're told.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Annie
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2006, 02:44:34 PM »

The best medicine for acne is a combination of Vit B5 and zinc. Check out this website, www.b5clearskin.com. Salilyclic acid products are nice too. There are also blue light treatments that you can get a  dermatologist or plastic surgeon.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2006, 03:35:09 PM »

I think it's all crap.
I dont have faith in any creams or stuff like that.
antibiotics are a way to go. they kill all acne in 10 miles radius.

anythinggoes
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2006, 04:12:55 PM »

my ex had acne quite bad when she was younger and she found that when she went on holiday her acne cleared up no end so it was either the saltwater, sunlight or both or maybe just being relaxed
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2006, 04:17:37 PM »

I think it's all crap.
The problem with antibiotics is they kill your good bacteria as well as the bad bacteria, and the good bacteria helps keep other things in check.  Antibiotics should be used sparingly. 
lald04
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006, 04:35:38 PM »

I think ProActiv is the best acne medicine out there. Celebrities like Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears use it and if it works for them, it'll work for you.  Wink A friend of mine uses it and the skin on her face looks really good.

Click here for more information.
http://www.proactiv.com/

...crap, I sound like a spokeswoman.

...its a miracle how long we can stay...[/i][/size]
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 04:51:50 PM »

I think it's all crap.
The problem with antibiotics is they kill your good bacteria as well as the bad bacteria, and the good bacteria helps keep other things in check.? Antibiotics should be used sparingly.?

Not to mention some people don't like the idea of putting steroids all over and into their face.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 04:57:34 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2006, 04:53:18 PM »

I think ProActiv is the best acne medicine out there. Celebrities like Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears use it and if it works for them, it'll work for you.? Wink A friend of mine uses it and the skin on her face looks really good.

You must be one of those "regular people" that appear on the infomercials.  hihi

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2006, 06:39:41 PM »

I think ProActiv is the best acne medicine out there. Celebrities like Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears use it and if it works for them, it'll work for you.? Wink A friend of mine uses it and the skin on her face looks really good.

Since we're here at a GNR site, someone has to say it...isn't Stephanie Seymour on commercials for ProActiv?

Also, someone said they liked the salicylic acid treatments...I'm not so keen on them.  I'd occassionally have acne blood bubbles about the size of a U.S. penny.  The blood was old and appeared black from the outside until it eventually ruptured.  Those things stung like hell when exposed to that stuff!  I understand the concept behind them, ya know, to dry out the area.  It's just very painful.  Cry

Someone also mentioned sunlight.  From what a dermatologist told me, the sun can actually make acne worse.

I think the relaxation was the key for that person who went on vacation and had it clear up.

Like I said, if you're a guy, damn that Accutane worked wonders.  I've got 2 beautiful, intelligent kids to boot, so my testicles weren't any worse for wear.   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: