Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:19:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Greatest Movie Ever Survivor?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greatest Movie Ever Survivor?  (Read 9565 times)
Neemo
Legend

« on: July 06, 2006, 04:03:25 PM »

I just finished the Album survivor in Bad obsession and was given a suggestion by Stoned to try this over here....Whos interested? gimme some ideas folks for format ok

I was gonna do it by top ten for each decade but pasnow threw this out...

Maybe seperate movie's into genre (Action, Comedy, Drama, Horror) as opposed to decades, then in the final four match up the best of each.. Otherwise, it's kinda tough to compare "Pulp Fiction" to "Vacation" or "Dumb & Dumber"

which one you like? anymore ideas?

Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 04:20:24 PM »

I think pasnow's idea sounds great. He is right, it's very hard to compare movies in different genres, just because they are so... different.
Evolution
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 05:19:21 PM »

Sounds a great idea to me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 05:27:11 PM »

As long as people dont vote for what they've been fed by the media as the greatest.

I know most will say Casablanca or Citizen Kane or something simply cause thats what we've been told since birth.

I watched about 30 minutes of Casablanca and was bored out of my mind.

So hopefully people won't do like I think a lot do in the album survivors and vote for what they've grown up being told is the best etc and they will vote for what they truly think is the greatest.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 06:08:46 PM »

D, I suggest that you watch all of Casablanca. Also, Citizen Kane gets my vote.......

... Alright, it wouldn't, but I would have nothing against anybody that did vote for it.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 06:10:56 PM »

D, I suggest that you watch all of Casablanca. Also, Citizen Kane gets my vote.......

... Alright, it wouldn't, but I would have nothing against anybody that did vote for it.

My point is, if u honest to God love it then its ok.

I just get the feeling that most people sometimes say shit just to fit in or out of fear of being ridiculed.

that gets on my nerves.

I wonder how many who say certain things are the greatest have actually ever even watched or listened?

Id guarantee a very small majority have a fuckin clue as to what they are talkin about,they just say things cause they grew up getting it bashed into their skulls.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 06:11:32 PM »

yeah, it's kinda unfair to compare kubricks and godards art with pop stuff like pulp fiction .... ?Smiley

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 06:12:14 PM »

My point is, if u honest to God love it then its ok.

I just get the feeling that most people sometimes say shit just to fit in or out of fear of being ridiculed.

that gets on my nerves.

I wonder how many who say certain things are the greatest have actually ever even watched or listened?

Id guarantee a very small majority have a fuckin clue as to what they are talkin about,they just say things cause they grew up getting it bashed into their skulls.

nah, some movies are really better than others. it's the way it is. can't fight it.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 07:36:30 PM »

I like breaking it down by Genre.

To avoid any debate, IMDB should be used as the reference for what a movie is classified as.

If D nominates any movie with Bon Jovi in it, he is banned from any further participation.

Of course we can save alot of time and just award "Anchorman" as the best movie of all time now. Grin

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 08:10:01 PM »

Of course we can save alot of time and just award "Anchorman" as the best movie of all time now. Grin

{sniff sniff} nah, I smell Napoleon Dynamite, judging by the average age of this board. Not my fave though, me, "Rocky" would get my vote.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 08:20:25 PM »

I like this idea

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 10:25:13 PM »

If D nominates any movie with Bon Jovi in it, he is banned from any further participation.

What about Young Guns 2? he dies within five minutes anyway Grin

yeah at first i wasn't too sure of this but thinnk if the final 4 looks like

StarWars, The Exorcist, Anchorman, Pulp Fiction...hmmm toughy it could work

So then do we go by genre in decades? how far back do we go? 70's I'd say i guess Undecided or do we just do like top 10 or 15 of each genre? and is anybody more partial to just top 10 movies of each decade instead of going soley by genre?

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 07:12:44 AM »

Sounds like a great idea to me!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 07:18:56 AM »

{sniff sniff} nah, I smell Napoleon Dynamite, judging by the average age of this board. Not my fave though, me, "Rocky" would get my vote.

You have got to be kidding.

If that film even makes it into the knockout round for it's genre then I'll refuse to vote on the principal that this thing will be a joke! Sure, it's a funny film, but one of the top ten (... I guess that each round would have ten films.....) comedies of all time? Jog the fuck on mate, surely not by anybodies standards.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 02:51:55 PM »

Genre & Decades i think would be best.  I mean fine it would take longer but it's best doing things right.  Maybe for the 60s where people here haven't seen to many movies you could just do it all in one rather than splitting it up depending on feedback........

.......and as someone said imdb should definately be used as a reference for what genre what film is....

.......since you like doing lists hihi maybe for each genre/decade round you could gather together a list of movies, you know as a reminder, since you see so many movies and often forget the odd 1 or 2....
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 04:38:11 PM »

Genre AND Decade seems like alot of work, but maybe it will be better in the end. Will last a long time until we finally narrow it down.  Neemo if you need a hand with this let me know, I'd be willing to help out.  ok
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 04:55:37 PM »

What scene exactly? I love this movie.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 07:29:36 PM »

This is a great idea. So what are the genre's?

Horror/Suspense
Comedy
Drama

If it were these, I'd say

Horror/Suspense: The Silence of the Lambs
Comedy: Caddyshack, Smokey and the Bandit
Drama: One flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Shawshank Redemption
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 01:33:56 PM by Vicious Wishes » Logged

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 08:10:08 PM »

Fun topic.  Sit me in front of any of these gems listed below, and I'll have a great time!
 love

Some of my personal favs are The Shawshank Redemption, Titanic (okay I'm a real pussy, there I've admitted it), Rocky, Braveheart, Naked Gun, 12 Angry Men, Dr. Strangelove, The Exorcist, Silence of the Lambs, Philadelphia, Star Wars 3-6, Private Parts, Terminator II, Back to the Future,  Platoon, Monty Python Holy Grail, Field of Dreams, Good Will Hunting, The Graduate, Malcolm X, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, It's a Wonderful Life, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Aladdin, Spinal Tap, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Wall, Gandhi, The 6th Sense.

love

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 08:10:23 PM »

What scene exactly? I love this movie.

when doc and chavez are in the pit and Billy comes to save them and a guy climbs out of the pit with a chain and gets a shot gun blast in the chest. and falls back down in the pit....that guy that gets shot is Bon Jovi hihi

anyway looks like this is a go so lets post some rules and genres we wanna see.

Just action, horror, drama & comedy?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 08:12:13 PM by Neemo » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: