Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:23:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 6th - Helsinki, Finland
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 6th - Helsinki, Finland  (Read 9611 times)
Madagascar88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 06:04:00 PM »

Maybe Chris is Axl's date for tonight Grin!? It's an improvement over the last girl we saw him with!

wow, that would suck...

to go from dating Stephanie Seymour to dating Chris Pittman is quite a radical change
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 06:07:28 PM »

No way! his last name is amazing Pitt man

Fuck All Y'all
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2006, 06:08:22 PM »

I hope someone takes a picture of that  hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2006, 06:08:31 PM »

The show just ended.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2006, 06:11:53 PM »

Seems like another nice show,  peace

evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2006, 06:16:15 PM »

Yeah I can't wait to see Axl on the piano and Pittman in drag.  Pittman has become my favorite new member behind Finck.  Love that dude - dude..... rofl

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2006, 06:24:08 PM »

whats the story behind Pittman wearin a dress?? was it for a joke or is he just comfortable that way  hihi . go Pittman  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2006, 06:27:39 PM »

people said chris was gay on mygnr and they wrote his name wrong, some guy got reaally upset over the one T/ two TT in his name, so maybe chris reads forums and decided to be a girl to please the " fans" hihi?

Nothing to say
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 06:56:52 PM »

people said chris was gay on mygnr and they wrote his name wrong, some guy got reaally upset over the one T/ two TT in his name, so maybe chris reads forums and decided to be a girl to please the " fans" hihi?

You don't have to be gay to enjoy wearing a dress.

I'm certain that Chris wouldn't wear a dress to 'out' himself.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2006, 06:57:32 PM »

If thats the case, then Chris is my favorite new member of GNR.  Thats how to talk shit.rofl

mr self destruct
Headliner

That's not stardust on my feet

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2006, 07:16:14 PM »

I'm back, and what can I say?

It has been unbelievable two days for me, to see Guns n' Roses two nights in a row has been very addictive, I wanna see them  tomorrow again and day after that and the day after that!

First night I had a seat but tonight I had floor ticket and boy did it rock! I was in the 2nd row from stage and I had fun like never before.  Grin   beer

I'm gonna tell you a bit more about these gigs later, but now I'm way too tired and have to get some sleep, cause tomorrow I'm off to Ruisrock. What a dream week for me, two Gn'R gigs and sunday I'm gonna see fuckin' Tool!

Every time I see them makes me wish I had a gun.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2006, 07:31:18 PM »

Wow, or maybe that was his way of getting the fans' attention... I've never seen so many people talking about him before.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 07:39:35 PM by MandyGnR » Logged
mr self destruct
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2006, 07:38:59 PM »

Well at the gig I thought it was nothing special. Axl found it funny I guess 'cause he mentioned it.

A man wearing  a dress? So?

The dress wasn't like tight or feminine in any way so it wasn't like he was doing drag or anything... It was long, black ... Hell, even I could wear one of those!  Grin

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2006, 07:45:30 PM »

Maybe he stole it from Rbin's wardrobe Grin hihi hihi( teasin) hihi

Nothing to say
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006, 07:55:13 PM »

Another nice gig! Cheesy

Here's a few notes:

-Axl was in a GREAT mood throughout the show, he constantly had that "kid in a candystore" type of smile on Smiley He also paid sincere sounding respects to the audience

-During Paradise City's "ragz to richez" part, Axl pointed at Fortus

-Someone threw a furry animal on stage, Axl put it on the opening where the pyrotechnics come from, saying "I'm gonna sit its ass on the pyro!" and laughing

-I felt really proud to see the audience go so crazy for GNR, and that two arenas were sold out over here. Way to go! peace

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
unclezoso
Opening Act

There was a time

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2006, 08:04:32 PM »

Wow.

It was even better than yesterday. Axl seemed to be on a better mood... smiling all the time.
I can't concentrate right now to write properly. Just a few random thoughts...

- IRS took me by surprise. The fact that they played it and also that it's so much better live.

- The show was mixed really well. Axl's voice dominated the whole soundscape but also the guitar solos and leads came through nice and clear. Bumblefoot has definitely found his place in this band. I didn't know that he can be so bluesy too. And counterwise Richard Fortus can shred!

- The heavy part on Better rocks! Even the weird robot part worked well as people cheered during that

- I didn't hear what Axl commented on Pittman's dress but after Axl's comment Pittman showed his ass and Axl laughed

- Madagascar is such a good encore. And tonight it came out perfectly (unlike yesterday)

- Now I understand why they play Out Ta Get Me. Axl's performance on that was just insane. "Take that one to your finnish hearts!"

Cheers mr self destruct  beer I'm also going to Ruisrock to check out Tool. Amazing to hear my two favourite singers, axl & mjk, on a same week  Smiley

Readers and artists, those are my kind. Sorry... no time for hooligans.
mr self destruct
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2006, 08:11:44 PM »

Someone threw a furry animal on stage, Axl put it on the opening where the pyrotechnics come from, saying "I'm gonna sit its ass on the pyro!" and laughing

Yeah and at some point, I think during one of those jams, Axl and some of the band members had a little toy animal war when Axl threw that thing towards Pittman, who then threw it back to Axl.

Axl and the other members were having much fun and goofin' around a lot. It was great to see them so good-spirited.  Smiley

Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2006, 08:42:13 PM »

Just got back home and I must say that this was the greatest concert I've ever been! Yesterday was amazing but today was even better. The crowd was jumping, dancing and singing along non-stop and no wonder Axl thanked the audience several times. People around me didn't recognize the new songs but by the end of the song they were allready dancing and singing along and especially Better got a great reception. Axl was very energetic and his voice was again perfect and it is so fascinating to watch him perform. I really liked all the new guitar players but I must say that Robin stood out and he seemed to get the biggest cheers from the crowd also (after Axl of course).

These two nights have made me realize what a great live band this is. I knew they were good, but not this good! Amazing!

I'm tired but happy, now to bed...  peace
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2006, 08:52:03 PM »

woaaaa

chris came out from the closet  rofl rofl rofl
axe
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2006, 02:09:28 AM »

I wasn't planning on sending that many updates of the second show, but fuck, there was nothing else to do. I was high above the stage, looking it from the Robin's side. I had great vision both on stage and behind it... but it all felt like I was somewhere outside of it all watching other people in the show. The upper seating bowl just seems so separate from it all, it's really REALLY hard to get in the mood. And then there's a 20-something couple sitting next to you, seems like they are on their first date or something, neither of them moves or even talks to each other. After four first songs (WTTJ, Easy, Brownstone, LALD) you hear someone saying that the first song was pretty good, but he didn't really know the others. On the other side you have a bunch of pretty girls but they're not at all interested in the show. Of the 20 songs they were watching probably 6 or 7, hanging somewhere else the rest of the time. At 10:30 couple of corporate dudes with a few beers decide they should start booing and soon everyone will join them and the band comes on stage. It didn't happen, they just managed to annoy me. They also made a deal that at midnight, the band playing then or not, they will leave back to the hotel. Nice going dudes.

And I'm sort of quiet myself. I'm not able to jump and sing alone when there's emptiness and quietness all around. So there was nothing much to do than fiddle with the mobile. Never, NEVER again to a seating place, at least not that high. I was thinking about sneaking to the floor with my yesterday's ticket (it probably would have been easy) but the visibility of my seat was really pretty good, so I decided to stay there before the show started. Wrong decision.

I really don't know if the gig was good or not. I was too outside of it all. And although Ron tried to wave us to get going, the bands are not playing for the upper bowl. We were just standing there in the darkness, watching the show going on below us. Luckily I saw the first gig from the floor and have good memories about that. I'm glad to see that others have enjoyed the second show as much as I did in the first show.

But I saw a HTGTH T-shirt in the train station. I wanted to go and say hi, but as I said, I'm the stereotypical Finnish quiet type and kind of pissed-off about the show (which had nothing to do with the band or their performance), so I decided not to. Hi there, dude!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: