Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:47:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  do you think axl dresses himself
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: do you think axl dresses himself  (Read 7962 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: July 06, 2006, 06:12:54 AM »

Just wondering, from the shirts and style from Hammerstein to all these suits and his newer look.. I wonder if he has someone picking out his clothing.. You think he has some kind of stylist.. I wonder if he wears anything twice... I know we've seen tons of duplicates, does he just buy 100 of each hihi
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 06:21:23 AM »

If it's like women, he is given clothes and probably lent some so he can " expose" a brand ?

Nothing to say
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 06:26:05 AM »

I once heard that some guy related to Beta is the band stylist. But I don't know if he picks out everything Axl wears.
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 06:26:43 AM »

No, very carefull studied image, it has definitly image designer finger and a good one, actually he had one to develop de 90's image too, i remember an interview with the guy back in the day, and his explanations of how skirts and white shorts complemented the bad boy rock n roll image, althoug at first glance you would think the opposite. When Axl is left on his own he picks green or blue full suits ?Grin
And he doesen't expose brands, the all closet was built in after an image type was chosen, and it has to look casual to do so fashion consultants pick several brands (my mum works in the bussiness).
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 06:32:06 AM »

I hope not, cos he's got a crappy sense of clothing then! hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 06:52:54 AM »

I hope not, cos he\'s got a crappy sense of clothing then! hihi

agreed! the suit vests with shirt untucked! wtf! and the suit and big awfull old lady rings!

i dont think any \"stylist\" would pick those for him.

I think he dresses himself or Helen Keller the blind lady dresses him!
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 07:09:11 AM »

No, very carefull studied image, it has definitly image designer finger and a good one, actually he had one to develop de 90's image too, i remember an interview with the guy back in the day, and his explanations of how skirts and white shorts complemented the bad boy rock n roll image, althoug at first glance you would think the opposite. When Axl is left on his own he picks green or blue full suits  Grin
And he doesen't expose brands, the all closet was built in after an image type was chosen, and it has to look casual to do so fashion consultants pick several brands (my mum works in the bussiness).

hahahahaha lmfao, hilarious! Grin rofl
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 07:28:13 AM »

oh yeah that lime green number he wore to Slash's wedding to Renee! - nice.......  rofl
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 07:32:43 AM »

Its pretty obvious he has his own stylist. He definitly has one travelling with him for the Braids and he almost certainly has some sort of deal going on with Dolce and Gabbana, hence the special gold Razr phone, designer jeans, shoes, leather jacket etc........ they all come from the same sort of line and if you look on the Dolce and Gabbana website some of the stuff on their is pretty similar to what Axl wears on stage. My guess is Dolce and Gabbana have given Axl some samples of their future lines, good for exposure etc.

If i had to put money on it i would say Betas daughter is the one who has sorted most of this out, from what ive seen and heard she seems to know her shit when it comes to such things. Im sure Merck has something to do with it aswell

This is a completly different Axl to 2002, whoever was adivising him back then needed a serious reality check. He is living the rockstar lifestyle on a completly different level than anyone else out there these days. A lead singer with his own private jet, huge entorage, being extremely sociable, getting arrested, generally acting like he is the shit! I think its great

Jonx
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 07:41:55 AM by Jonx » Logged
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 07:59:26 AM »

I dont know if he have a stylist, but I think there is a tailor for the whole band.. Saw that in the thread about GnR 's raider backstage..

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
SADIS
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 08:03:36 AM »

He definately has a stylist. He has made an 180 degrees turn in the last 6 months. Plus the clothing matches perfectly to his hair etc.

So definately a stylist. A good one too cause I think what he's wearing during the concerts suits him pretty good.
SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 08:05:48 AM »

I remember Axl wearing a pink versace jacket in court appearances in maybe 92 or so. It had big bold letters at the back "Versace" and guns n roses in the front.

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 08:15:01 AM »

Mike, at first I thought this thread was asking whether or not he physically puts his own clothes on.   hihi  Something like a Mr. Smithers to his Mr. Burns.  As Axl's tenting his fingers in contemplation of the show about to go on as he watches the monitor feed from the full arena saying, "Excccccellent."

Seriously, hellz yeah he's got someone to at least bounce ideas off of if not a full-blown wardrobe person.  He looks cool as fuck with the new duds, and he's smart to do it that way.  I was blown away May 12th at the Hammerstein when I saw the "new" Axl for the first time!   Cool

Last but not least on the fashion front, I don't think Axl gives a fuck what people think about his fashion.  I've always thought that's a part of why he's the coolest singer on earth.   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 09:19:35 AM »

My guess would be that he's been dressing himself since about age five and tying his own shoes since about age six.? Again, this is only a guess on my part.? I am NOT privy to any actual "inside" information. ? ?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 09:29:51 AM »

My guess would be that he\'s been dressing himself since about age five and tying his own shoes since about age six.? Again, this is only a guess on my part.? I am NOT privy to any actual \"inside\" information. ? ?

he matches his clohtes like a 5 year old would!  jeans and suit vest!  what is that about!?  at least that awfull silk suit that hes wearing with the he/she matches his gray hair and grey goatee.  its looks like its made in a cheap chinatown seamstress shop.  if he does dress himself he should think about hiring someone to do it for him.
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 09:37:41 AM »

When Axl's putting his underwear on, do you think he hangs his cock to the left or the right?
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 09:39:36 AM »

he sure made som changes since his appearences back in 2002!
I think he dresses quite cool these days allthough i'd like him a bit more dirty.

but what the hell, he's back and he obviously has som kind of stylist so lets just keep on rocking!

mikepatton
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 09:43:04 AM »

DUMBEST POST EVER......................Axl said in the rockline 1991 interview when some girl asked about the skirt that he had been wearing a skirt since 1985 that he got as a gift from a punk band........he said in another interview he was wearing cowboys boots since 1983 and that everyone else is copying him.................as for his look now, its very similar to his look in 1989, the open vests, chains, leather....
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 09:43:39 AM »

When Axl's putting his underwear on, do you think he hangs his cock to the left or the right?

I think there are some ladies on this board who could answer that question for you. ? Smiley
Skynyrdgirl might even have the stats on percentage right or percentage left. ? hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 09:53:55 AM »

ax4prez with how spoiled axl is he might have someone dress him and shine his old lady rings hihi
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: