Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:48:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Supernova, rock star is on now
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supernova, rock star is on now  (Read 54008 times)
Lawlis
Opening Act

Gone Today...(is)...Thunder Bay

« Reply #240 on: September 07, 2006, 02:10:34 AM »

sorry, just testing
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #241 on: September 07, 2006, 03:54:21 AM »

alot of the energy from storm's first song came from Navarro and she was able to ride it out...her song was ok but wayy too girly for this band.

Lukas' BJ rendition was kinda blah but what can you do? it's not like Lukas to jsut doa song how it's written he changes things up and i doubt he is much of a bonjovi fan...his orig was awesome IMO  Wink

See, I really, really disliked Lukas's original. I liked the premise of the song, and I liked seeing the emotion it brought out, but I thought the execution was lousy.  I liked Toby's, Storms, and Magni's much better. 

And his rendition of a bad BJ song just proves that bad songs stripped down just sound even worse.  I respect that he likes changing things up but.....you have to have the ability to know when NOT to change it up in a specific way.  His performance, for me, was just bad last night.  Dilana's was worse, IMHO, but Lukas wasn't much better.

A bad Bon Jovi song?
Lukas made that song suck, if u ever heard Bon Jovi play it acoustically u would know its amazing.  Its not Jon's fault Lukas cant hit the right notes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPw0Hgzst_M

yes......stripped down it sounds awful. Roll Eyes
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #242 on: September 07, 2006, 08:31:52 AM »

Magni sucks...the only reason he is staying out of the bottom 3 is cuz people from Iceland are stasying up and voting nonstop for 4 hours. and his performances are boring

Good choice last night, Storm is a better writer but Dilana is better suited to the band vocally

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #243 on: September 07, 2006, 08:49:45 AM »

A bad Bon Jovi song?
Lukas made that song suck, if u ever heard Bon Jovi play it acoustically u would know its amazing.? Its not Jon's fault Lukas cant hit the right notes.

LOL...somehow, when I hit the "post" button, I knew D would show up to defend Bon Jovi.

Look, Jon, Ritchie, and the band do a good job of "pepping up" their music.  And I HAVE heard them play this particular song acoustically (but not "stripped down").  But, IMHO, Bon Jovi's MUSIC (the actual music, not their performances or lyrics) has never been that great.  It's pretty simple stuff, but layerd up and "pepped up" to make it sonically interesting. There's just no complexity or depth to it.  But you strip down a "bad" song, like "Living on a Prayer",a song that, at it's core, is very very simple and sort of boring....and you get what we got from Lukas.  And I think THAT'S what hurt the performance.  Not the way he sang the lyrics...but the music  actually being played.

On Storm's elimination last night...I wasn't real surprised.  Despite having the best (or 2nd best, maybe) "performance night" and despite having, IMHO, the best elimination night, (she fucking made Jason cry, for gods sake) as soon as I saw the 3 in the bottom, I knew who was going home.  Lukas and Dilana have just built up too much "equity" with the band to be shown the door.  Hell, the only case I could make to keep her was that Dilana was hurt and who wants a gimp performing on the finale...because Lukas and Dilana have built up the same "equity" with the viewers, I think, too.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #244 on: September 07, 2006, 09:46:14 AM »

On Storm's elimination last night...I wasn't real surprised. Despite having the best (or 2nd best, maybe) "performance night" and despite having, IMHO, the best elimination night, (she fucking made Jason cry, for gods sake) as soon as I saw the 3 in the bottom, I knew who was going home. Lukas and Dilana have just built up too much "equity" with the band to be shown the door. Hell, the only case I could make to keep her was that Dilana was hurt and who wants a gimp performing on the finale...because Lukas and Dilana have built up the same "equity" with the viewers, I think, too.

i didn't quite catch what storm said at the end...i thought it was "That's for Steve (Irwin)" and she was crying too. also cool of magni to dedicate to him being a fellow countryman...Storm's dedication was....out of place i felt, but nice gesture none the less.

About Dilana and Lukas' "equity"....I totally agree 100%...now she just has to fucking get over her fucking fuck-up, I'm pretty sure this will be her last chance to do so. but i knew storm was gone after they picked Magni for the Supernova Performance.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #245 on: September 07, 2006, 10:17:11 AM »

i didn't quite catch what storm said at the end...i thought it was "That's for Steve (Irwin)" and she was crying too. also cool of magni to dedicate to him being a fellow countryman...Storm's dedication was....out of place i felt, but nice gesture none the less.

I think she said "Thats for you, Mom."  At least thats what she said after she finished her song....I'll double check tonight as I think I've still got the TIVO recording.

Together again,
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #246 on: September 07, 2006, 10:21:33 AM »

I think she said "Thats for you, Mom."? At least thats what she said after she finished her song....I'll double check tonight as I think I've still got the TIVO recording.

I'm pretty sure she said Mom too.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #247 on: September 07, 2006, 10:47:19 AM »

I think she said "Thats for you, Mom."? At least thats what she said after she finished her song....I'll double check tonight as I think I've still got the TIVO recording.

I'm pretty sure she said Mom too.

COOL? cuz iwas wondering why she was singing to the crocodile hunter Undecided

EDIT...it was dedicated to her mother....she died last year Cry ....no idea why Jason cried, pansy hihi that's why metallica got rid of him  rofl j/k Tongue
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 10:52:20 AM by Neemo » Logged

Alina
Rocker

« Reply #248 on: September 07, 2006, 04:42:22 PM »

sha sang the song very good, and with alot emotion .

mustaine
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #249 on: September 07, 2006, 05:11:50 PM »

Magni sucks...the only reason he is staying out of the bottom 3 is cuz people from Iceland are stasying up and voting nonstop for 4 hours. and his performances are boring

Good choice last night, Storm is a better writer but Dilana is better suited to the band vocally

I'm Icelandic and I watch the show, however I don't vote. The population of Iceland is about 300.000 people, I would say that probably 50.000 - 80.000 people bother to watch the show and some of them are most likely like myself and don't vote. So let's say that around 50.000 vote and most of them have to wake up early, do you really think that all those 50.000 people stay up all night like idiots just to get Magni through... NOT A CHANCE!!!

ps. I want Toby to win and Magni to play with the houseband... I think Lucas is the worst of the lot and Dilana is annoying.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 05:19:26 PM by mustaine » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #250 on: September 07, 2006, 05:27:01 PM »

alot of the energy from storm's first song came from Navarro and she was able to ride it out...her song was ok but wayy too girly for this band.

Lukas' BJ rendition was kinda blah but what can you do? it's not like Lukas to jsut doa song how it's written he changes things up and i doubt he is much of a bonjovi fan...his orig was awesome IMO? Wink

See, I really, really disliked Lukas's original. I liked the premise of the song, and I liked seeing the emotion it brought out, but I thought the execution was lousy.? I liked Toby's, Storms, and Magni's much better.?

And his rendition of a bad BJ song just proves that bad songs stripped down just sound even worse.? I respect that he likes changing things up but.....you have to have the ability to know when NOT to change it up in a specific way.? His performance, for me, was just bad last night.? Dilana's was worse, IMHO, but Lukas wasn't much better.

A bad Bon Jovi song?
Lukas made that song suck, if u ever heard Bon Jovi play it acoustically u would know its amazing.? Its not Jon's fault Lukas cant hit the right notes.

U being sarcastic?

that kicks fuckin ass!

Bon Jovi are one of the best acoustic bands around.  I think people who say otherwise are just being haters.   Listen to Prayer 94 on Crossroads or any time BJ play it live.  It kicks ass.

Lukas just cant fuckin sing worth a shit. which is why it sucked.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #251 on: September 07, 2006, 06:14:45 PM »

bon jovi own, they finished their have a nice day tour selling out the giants stadium, 50 000 people.  even GNR wont do that.  now dont get me wrong im not bashing GNR they my fav band but numbers dont lie people just cuz u dont like a band doesnt mean u gotta go saying their stuff is boring, cuz everyone thinks differently.  and i do think lukas' version of prayer kinda sucked.  my fav prayer from bon jovi is Prayer 94 on the Cross Road cd, thats the best imo.  anyway i think its between Lukas and Toby, dilana is crap at songwriting and magni is bald.
MCT
« Reply #252 on: September 07, 2006, 09:22:04 PM »

i think its between Lukas and Toby

Yup. The two most marketable and artistically viable candidates.

What killed poor Dilana (I can't stand her nowadays) is that she had an easy ride, thought she had the thing wrapped up, ended up falling flat on her face, and now tries too hard.

And Magni, well, like you said, he's bald... hihi
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2006, 10:17:03 PM »

A few weeks back, I was sure that Dilana was going to win, but not any more.  no

Yeah Magni is bald and I always think of Rob Halford when he sings...

Why don't you just....
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #254 on: September 08, 2006, 12:04:31 AM »

Lukas' BJ rendition was kinda blah but what can you do? it's not like Lukas to jsut doa song how it's written he changes things up and i doubt he is much of a bonjovi fan...his orig was awesome IMO  Wink

See, I really, really disliked Lukas's original. I liked the premise of the song, and I liked seeing the emotion it brought out, but I thought the execution was lousy.  I liked Toby's, Storms, and Magni's much better. 

And his rendition of a bad BJ song just proves that bad songs stripped down just sound even worse.  I respect that he likes changing things up but.....you have to have the ability to know when NOT to change it up in a specific way.  His performance, for me, was just bad last night.  Dilana's was worse, IMHO, but Lukas wasn't much better.

A bad Bon Jovi song?
Lukas made that song suck, if u ever heard Bon Jovi play it acoustically u would know its amazing.  Its not Jon's fault Lukas cant hit the right notes.

U being sarcastic?

that kicks fuckin ass!

Bon Jovi are one of the best acoustic bands around.  I think people who say otherwise are just being haters.   Listen to Prayer 94 on Crossroads or any time BJ play it live.  It kicks ass.

ofcourse i was being sarcastic........stripped down versions like the one i posted are awesome.

lukas just cannot sing.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2006, 12:09:10 AM »

bon jovi own, they finished their have a nice day tour selling out the giants stadium, 50 000 people.  even GNR wont do that.  now dont get me wrong im not bashing GNR they my fav band but numbers dont lie people just cuz u dont like a band doesnt mean u gotta go saying their stuff is boring, cuz everyone thinks differently.  and i do think lukas' version of prayer kinda sucked.  my fav prayer from bon jovi is Prayer 94 on the Cross Road cd, thats the best imo.  anyway i think its between Lukas and Toby, dilana is crap at songwriting and magni is bald.

actually Bon Jovi sold out Giants Stadium 3 days in a row ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #256 on: September 08, 2006, 08:10:07 AM »

U being sarcastic?

that kicks fuckin ass!

Bon Jovi are one of the best acoustic bands around.? I think people who say otherwise are just being haters.? ?Listen to Prayer 94 on Crossroads or any time BJ play it live.? It kicks ass.

Lukas just cant fuckin sing worth a shit. which is why it sucked.

First off, I'm not saying anything about Bon Jovi as a band.? Their music is not my cup of tea, largely for the reasons I've cited previously (it's mostly very "simple" stuff with lots of layering to make it more than what it is, at the core).  But I don't "hate" them.  I don't anything them, really.

Second, I'd like to point out that you probably think they're "haters" simply because you're a fan.? I don't "hate" Bon Jovi.? I just don't think they are particularly good song (as in music...not lyrics...Jon's lyrics are where they shine) writers.  Especially when looking at their older stuff.

Stripped down to one guitar, or one piano, or one anything.....you're left with a very simple melody that's not particularly memorable, complex, or...well....very good, IMHO.

I actually think Lukas hit pretty much every note just fine....but with the tempo change, you did lose some of the "urgency" of the original, I'll give you that.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 08:12:16 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2006, 08:41:00 AM »

I actually think Lukas hit pretty much every note just fine....but with the tempo change, you did lose some of the "urgency" of the original, I'll give you that.

is it safe to say that he was "OH...OH half way there" hihi peace

I'm Icelandic and I watch the show, however I don't vote. The population of Iceland is about 300.000 people, I would say that probably 50.000 - 80.000 people bother to watch the show and some of them are most likely like myself and don't vote. So let's say that around 50.000 vote and most of them have to wake up early, do you really think that all those 50.000 people stay up all night like idiots just to get Magni through... NOT A CHANCE!!!

peace it's cool, I joined a supernovaforum for downloads and after magni made bottom-3, 2 weeks in a row, there were petitions there to keep him around by voting like mad for him....kinda funny that since then he's missed the bottom 3 with sub-par performances peace

Annie
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2006, 04:11:21 PM »

I would still like to see Dilana win.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #259 on: September 12, 2006, 04:26:25 PM »

This is the last week, start getting your votes in now.. I'm still going with Lukas, then Toby. Alot depends on tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: