Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:22:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Supernova, rock star is on now
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supernova, rock star is on now  (Read 53970 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #220 on: September 05, 2006, 05:07:04 PM »

Do u know why Ryan Star sucked?

One he possessed the worst traits of guys like Scott Stapp,Rob Thomas and he looked eerily similiar to Joey Fatone of Nsync.

On top of that, he was  a poser.

I remember reading "The Dirt" *Motley Crue Story* and Doc McGhee said how Motley Crue did drugs,and beat people up and caused mayhem cause thats who they were, even if they werent rock stars they probably still would've been doing shit like that.

bands like Poison etc did that kind of stuff cause they thought thats what a rockstar should do.

Ryan was as choreographed as a boy band.

Tommy says "Id love to see someone smash a guitar"

3 minutes later, Ryan slings his  guitar across the stage.......... LAME!

Its like Ryan would choreograph his entire performance, I can see him sitting down and saying "This time I will jump off the stage. then I run on top of a speaker, then I will do this and that.

Great frontmen do shit naturally......... its like the music and energy make them do stuff.

Ryan seemed to be doing moves he thought a rock star should do.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #221 on: September 06, 2006, 09:07:47 AM »

Well said. Very true too.

I thought last night sucked though. Lukas' schtick is getting old. He could have ran away with the competition by pulling off "Livin on a Prayer". He's singing in front of 300 girls, how can that song not go over well. Instead he dropped the ball & is back in the pack. Dilana did bad and cannot write a song with any imagination, she might go tonight. Gilby realized she is useless songwriting-wise.

Is it me or has Toby picked it up the last few weeks. I don't think he's this band's "type" but I'm thinking Tommy, Gilby & Jason are realizing this band will do 1 (bad)album, 1 promotional tour, & call it quits. By March this band is done, so they're just looking for a fan favorite to sell some tickets before the album comes out & fails miserably.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #222 on: September 06, 2006, 10:20:36 AM »

Last night I thought Toby and Storm stole the show.   They were the highlights.  I thought Lukas and Dilana were the lowlights...which is a pretty big turn around from how things have been going.

If Dilana's injury is serious, and she's in the bottom 3 tonight....I'd expect the band to "do the right thing" and send her home...because if she can't perform for the finale, she shouldn't be in the mix.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #223 on: September 06, 2006, 10:43:11 AM »

alot of the energy from storm's first song came from Navarro and she was able to ride it out...her song was ok but wayy too girly for this band.

Lukas' BJ rendition was kinda blah but what can you do? it's not like Lukas to jsut doa song how it's written he changes things up and i doubt he is much of a bonjovi fan...his orig was awesome IMO  Wink

Annie
« Reply #224 on: September 06, 2006, 11:09:53 AM »

What happened to Dilana?
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #225 on: September 06, 2006, 11:24:32 AM »

What happened to Dilana?

She pulled a calf muscle in her leg during warmups that day. I think that'll come back to haunt her & Pilferk might be right. She may go, they may fear she gets too into the song & acrobatics. That & her bad songwriting. What if they open up in Vegas New Years Eve & she does another high-leg kick & pulls a hammy?? nervous Not good.? no
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #226 on: September 06, 2006, 11:31:48 AM »

What happened to Dilana?

She pulled a calf muscle in her leg during warmups that day. I think that'll come back to haunt her & Pilferk might be right. She may go, they may fear she gets too into the song & acrobatics. That & her bad songwriting. What if they open up in Vegas New Years Eve & she does another high-leg kick & pulls a hammy?? nervous Not good.? no

They actually said "tore a calf muscle" last night.  Hopefully they MEANT pull...people use the term that way sometimes...but if she really tore it, it could put her on the shelf, depending on the severity of the tear, for weeks.  That would not be a good thing.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #227 on: September 06, 2006, 11:36:21 AM »

alot of the energy from storm's first song came from Navarro and she was able to ride it out...her song was ok but wayy too girly for this band.

Lukas' BJ rendition was kinda blah but what can you do? it's not like Lukas to jsut doa song how it's written he changes things up and i doubt he is much of a bonjovi fan...his orig was awesome IMO? Wink

See, I really, really disliked Lukas's original. I liked the premise of the song, and I liked seeing the emotion it brought out, but I thought the execution was lousy.  I liked Toby's, Storms, and Magni's much better. 

And his rendition of a bad BJ song just proves that bad songs stripped down just sound even worse.  I respect that he likes changing things up but.....you have to have the ability to know when NOT to change it up in a specific way.  His performance, for me, was just bad last night.  Dilana's was worse, IMHO, but Lukas wasn't much better.

Together again,
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #228 on: September 06, 2006, 11:50:10 AM »

And his rendition of a bad BJ song just proves that bad songs stripped down just sound even worse.? I respect that he likes changing things up but.....you have to have the ability to know when NOT to change it up in a specific way.? His performance, for me, was just bad last night.? Dilana's was worse, IMHO, but Lukas wasn't much better.

He should have done it 50/50. I totally thought that was what he was doing.. 1st half, solo depressing, blah, then kick in the drums & guitar, lights go up, toss the guitar and grab the mic & kick out the jams.. Glam style!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #229 on: September 06, 2006, 11:56:54 AM »

And his rendition of a bad BJ song just proves that bad songs stripped down just sound even worse.? I respect that he likes changing things up but.....you have to have the ability to know when NOT to change it up in a specific way.? His performance, for me, was just bad last night.? Dilana's was worse, IMHO, but Lukas wasn't much better.

He should have done it 50/50. I totally thought that was what he was doing.. 1st half, solo depressing, blah, then kick in the drums & guitar, lights go up, toss the guitar and grab the mic & kick out the jams.. Glam style!

but that woulda been predictable..I think he was going for a brooding type effect when he wanted people to expect him to snap but never quite reaching it. personally i like lukas but i totaly respect what you 2 are saying peace but i think Toby is the favorite right now for sure...i say lukas is close behind though, with storm sitting in thrid and dilana and magni pulling up the rear, i still can't get over dilana's fall from grace the last few weeks...if she woulda jsut let the bad press go then she'd still be sitting pretty i think

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #230 on: September 06, 2006, 12:03:31 PM »

BTW - I agree Storm stepped it up last night, but did anyone else notice her original was very similar to Kid Rock's "Bawiddaba"?? Still, I think she makes it thru tonight.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #231 on: September 06, 2006, 12:50:41 PM »

I think Storm has a great voice and is entertaining, but somehow to me she seems  fake, as if the whole  rock n' roll thing is an act to be turned on when the cameras point at her.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #232 on: September 06, 2006, 01:18:45 PM »

I think Storm has a great voice and is entertaining, but somehow to me she seems? fake, as if the whole? rock n' roll thing is an act to be turned on when the cameras point at her.

You can find some of her earlier work online (with The Ballz).  It's definitely not a put on, but she's very theatrical...which is where I'll bet your feeling comes from.

Together again,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #233 on: September 06, 2006, 01:19:56 PM »

I think Storm has a great voice and is entertaining, but somehow to me she seems? fake, as if the whole? rock n' roll thing is an act to be turned on when the cameras point at her.

i don't agree with you, but her act has gotten old really fast. basically, what she lacks in singing ability, she tries to make up in goofiness and energy. and it just doesn't work anymore.

but i liked her original song, and that has to count for alot. so i would keep her around.

toby is awesome. he's been one of my favorites all along. others have been better for most of the season, but i think in recent weeks he's moved into the top 3, and after last night, he may be #1. i think he'd be a great fit for the band. ?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #234 on: September 06, 2006, 04:01:06 PM »

So who does everyone think is gonna win here ...in my opinion either toby or Lucas .... Im hoping lukas bu either would be fine ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #235 on: September 06, 2006, 04:07:02 PM »

I think Lukas SHOULD win  beer

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #236 on: September 06, 2006, 04:10:22 PM »

I think Lukas SHOULD win? beer

yeah me too yes but Toby prolly will Cry not that that is a bad thing Cheesy

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #237 on: September 06, 2006, 04:17:05 PM »

I think next week will make or break for ALL of them. I think they all have a chance, myb Magni & Storm being the long shots. But a great performance then could win it.

Right now, my gut feeling is Lukas. I'm gonna tell you why. He's got the rock n Roll edge to him. And I think they want that. Toby is on a roll, no doubt. But it all seems to be after Billy Idol's 'Rebel Yell' when he got the crowd singing "She wants mo' mo' mo'!!" And I think that's what they'd be left with, that Billy Idol singing guy.. Don't get me wrong, right now, as for who should win, I'd have to give it to Toby. But this isn't a search for who's doing the best, or most improved, it's for who will be the best singer for a band with Tommy Lee, Gilby Clarke, and Jason Newstead.

Just my guess. EDIT: HAHA, I just noticed my post is EXACTLY the opposite of Blacktiger & Neemo. Tongue

BTW - has anyone else noticed they've really been cutting out alot of Jason's comments lately? I've heard him twice in the last 2 weeks.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #238 on: September 07, 2006, 02:03:50 AM »

Lukas' BJ rendition was kinda blah but what can you do? it's not like Lukas to jsut doa song how it's written he changes things up and i doubt he is much of a bonjovi fan...his orig was awesome IMO? Wink

See, I really, really disliked Lukas's original. I liked the premise of the song, and I liked seeing the emotion it brought out, but I thought the execution was lousy.? I liked Toby's, Storms, and Magni's much better.?

A bad Bon Jovi song?
Lukas made that song suck, if u ever heard Bon Jovi play it acoustically u would know its amazing.  Its not Jon's fault Lukas cant hit the right notes.

I think Toby is the best right now. His song is fuckin awesome! 

Magni however, his voice seems to fit Supernova the best.

DiLana lost it for me, I use to think she was awesome but her attitude and performances when down the drain. She has really dropped the ball and choked in my opinion.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Lawlis
Opening Act

Gone Today...(is)...Thunder Bay

« Reply #239 on: September 07, 2006, 02:07:46 AM »

Gilby's a good writer
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: