Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:12:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Supernova, rock star is on now
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Supernova, rock star is on now  (Read 53955 times)
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2006, 02:38:36 PM »

When Patrice come to buttom 3 , and the guys tell her their opinion about her perfomance ,
she has kinde very evil face , and you have feel that she thinking something like this : ''who the fuck are you to judge me '' remember when Dave told her to do something different, and she ask him: Do you change your self every night ? and Dave told her that she the who  want to be on the show, what kinda stupid question , he is a guitar player he dont need to change himself every time he goes on stage .

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2006, 11:10:31 PM »

Ryan's done a hell of a job of stepping it up these past few weeks.  I see Dilana (sp?), Ryan, or Lukas making it in the end.

Is there any info. out there about how Gilby, Jason, and Tommy started this deal?  What made them come together?
sandman
Legend

« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2006, 09:42:36 AM »

i missed last night's show. i hope to watch it tonight. anything exciting happen?

i just noticed they have a bunch of shows that are on sale already.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1057533

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2006, 09:58:01 AM »

Didn't miss much, except some AWFUL performances.. They were allowed two of them to perform an original song. The one average chick who's been in the bottom three the last few weeks, the other members felt she should get a shot at performing. And another guy, Ryan I think. The chick's was ok, but certainly not meant for a band consisting of Tommy Lee, the bassist from Metallica, and a guitarist from GNR. It was called "Happy Again" or something, more for Avril Lavrigne or Kelly Clarkson. The guy Ryan, the lyrics were pretty bad, ("It's a perfect night, to ride in my car, it's a perfect night to take off your clothes") but overall wasn't all that bad. Myb like a heavy 3rd Eye Blind song.

Magni, did Teen Spirit, which I changed the channel at first because I felt it would be a disgrace, then thought I'd check it out. Surprisingly wasn't all that bad. Navarro said he "sang it with angst" which he did. Also chose not to play guitar on it, which I liked as it's becoming cliche on this show. Storm was awful in trying to cover Aerosmith's "Cryin" kept trying to belt out notes she can't hit. Towards the end went into her 'crazy' mode. And the Australin guy, Toby I think, redid Layla and it just couldn't get awful enough. Ughhh. Myb it's just me though, as the judges, as always, were very complimentary.

Delila was awesome, as she did "Every Breathe you Take" and did it really well. Stuck to the original, very soft, a little heavy in there for a bit, but not too heavy. And Lukas capped it off pretty well considering I never heard the song before. It was a song by the Killers, but not one of their hits. He had alot of stage presence and seemed to sing it pretty well.

Predictions for bottom 3 - Girl who sung Happy song, Storm, Toby. Happy song girl goes off.

Hope this helps, ok
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 10:00:03 AM by pasnow » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2006, 03:01:11 PM »

thanks for the review. sounds somewhat disappointing.

the talent level is so weak. i've seen cover bands in small clubs with better lead singers than anyone on this show.

i heard dave navarro interviewed on wmmr in philly a couple weeks ago. and it was strange - he made some really negative comments about the show. he said he would never go about finding a lead singer this way. and then he essentially criticized the talent level of the singers. the exchange went something like this:

DJ: "is there a chance Supernova will walk away with no lead singer?"
Dave: "if it was my show, there would definitely be a chance."

and everyone started cracking up and saying how horrible the singers are.

Alina
Rocker

« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2006, 03:10:11 PM »

Predictions for bottom 3 - Girl who sung Happy song, Storm, Toby. Happy song girl goes off.

''Girl who sung Happy song''- you mean Patriece?

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2006, 03:42:50 PM »

thanks for the review. sounds somewhat disappointing.

the talent level is so weak. i've seen cover bands in small clubs with better lead singers than anyone on this show.

i heard dave navarro interviewed on wmmr in philly a couple weeks ago. and it was strange - he made some really negative comments about the show. he said he would never go about finding a lead singer this way. and then he essentially criticized the talent level of the singers. the exchange went something like this:

DJ: "is there a chance Supernova will walk away with no lead singer?"
Dave: "if it was my show, there would definitely be a chance."

and everyone started cracking up and saying how horrible the singers are.

dave navarro is such an idiot...he says this shit then on the show he praises everybody...

last night sucked big though...i think we may see another 2 people leave tonight Toby and Patrice

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2006, 04:32:51 PM »

U never sing Aerosmith.

Jordis last season got sent home cause of Dream On basically, now Storm...........

Steven Tyler is the greatest rock singer in the history of music in my opinion, there are very few who can match what he does vocally if any.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »

''Girl who sung Happy song''- you mean Patriece?

Does it really matter??? no
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 04:54:11 PM by pasnow » Logged
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2006, 04:51:30 PM »

Hey Sandman, do you live in Philly?? Would those cover bands be Steamroller Picnic, Octane, and Bonehead?? ok
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 04:55:17 PM by pasnow » Logged
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2006, 05:25:05 PM »

Well it appears a tour is planned. I just received an email and password for a pre-sale for January 17th at Hard Rock Orlando.

Anyone interested, let me know and I'll forward the e-mail.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Goldie
« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2006, 05:54:17 AM »

Here goes my weekly rant!? Wink

I thought they were all pretty good this week. Patrice had an awesome original song, but it sounded as if she couldn't sing her own damn song. Poor bird. Ryan screamed too much for my tastes. If you aren't Axl Rose or Rob Halford don't scream!
Personally, I thought Storm rocked that song! But of course these are all just my opinions. Lukas is still turning his back to the audience.? beer Cheers to Gilby for pointing it out. However, it seems like it doesn't matter to everyone else. Dilana was good as usual, but she didn't impress me as much as she had in the past. I think she was playing safe for once and that's not her.
Now, I have to say my interest in Dilana has dropped dramatically after last night's show. What the hell is up with her being so catty? MEOW! I thought she was more mature than that! And as far as for Dave talking trash that pisses me off even more. How can he sit up there in his throne and bitch at Dilana for raggin' her mates when he does the same damn thing? Its like they are expecting these people to be holier than thou when none of the guys up on stage are perfect themselves. If they were so damn perfect then they wouldn't be on a REALITY TV show looking for work.? Now its me thats being catty!
I think from now on it will be harder and harder to pick who goes home. My list:
1 Dilana
2 Storm
3 Toby
4 Lukas
5 Magni
6 Ryan
By the way- Thanks Cornell! Love you too! Kiss
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2006, 09:07:10 AM »

Goldie does your list have 6 as the winner or 1?

I agree that it's anybodies game now though. any of the last 6 could front the band IMO...and it's odd that the only contestants with Encore performances are the top 6...then again maybe it's not so odd Wink

I hated this weeks performances...the elimination songs were the best ones...especially Magni...he rocked on Hendrix.. ok and Ryan's original song.

Dilana has gotten as cocky as they come since she projected herself a favorite...she needs to chill

sandman
Legend

« Reply #193 on: August 24, 2006, 10:16:54 AM »

Hey Sandman, do you live in Philly?? Would those cover bands be Steamroller Picnic, Octane, and Bonehead?? ok

yup, i live in NE philly. how about you?

yes, the singers of those bands could definitely hold their own on this show.

i was also thinking of Lecompt. you ever see them? Mike Lecompt is the man. they are the best cover band i've ever seen.

i also like the guy from Madhouse.

Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2006, 10:34:10 AM »

I have watched it a few times and have mixed feelings about the show.  I like Gilby, Jason is ok, but never liked Motley crew.  Dave is ok.  I think that American Idol, Rockstar INXS and Supernova are kinda pathetic.  I wont' buy the cd when it comes out, but I did like the show on VH1 alot.  Always like Baz, and Scott, Evan is cool, and Ted is Ted.  That cd I would buy.  Just my opinion.

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2006, 02:36:37 PM »

Yeah , Patriece is out  Grin

Goldie
« Reply #196 on: August 28, 2006, 07:12:27 AM »

#1 Is the winner.  peace

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow night!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #197 on: August 28, 2006, 08:10:59 AM »

#1 Is the winner.? peace

Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow night!

you think Dilana Storm and Toby are the top 3? you're crazy Shocked Magni, Toby and Storm will be the next 3 to go....

My current top 3 are Lukas, Dilana and Ryan in that order with Lukas taking it

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #198 on: August 28, 2006, 09:26:10 AM »

Yeah, I'd go with Lukas, Dilana, with Ryan and Storm running neck and neck for 3rd.  Ryan's been on the "upswing" while Storm has had a couple of subpar weeks so if you twisted my arm, I'd probably choose Ryan as my #3 to.

I'm not sure, however, that I'd say Lukas takes the whole thing.  Dilana's "snarkiness" last week might have hurt her some, but she has been the most consistent, and the best, singer every week.  Lukas has been good to great, but has been more spotty than Dilana.  Right now, Dilana's my pick...we'll see if she does anything on stage to change that over the next few weeks.

On that....they said the finale is in 3 weeks?  Does that mean double eliminations for the next 2 weeks?  There's 6 left and, at least last year, wasn't the finale only 2 singers?  Or maybe they'll change that format....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #199 on: August 28, 2006, 10:07:13 AM »

On that....they said the finale is in 3 weeks?? Does that mean double eliminations for the next 2 weeks?? There's 6 left and, at least last year, wasn't the finale only 2 singers?? Or maybe they'll change that format....

finale last year was 3 singers...so either this week or next week we'll prolly see 2 go at the same time. finale is sept 13

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: